It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly time vortex appears over Antarctica

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Any pics of this vortex???

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
electrical magnetic phenomena being so close to the pole. Not very good for us with atrial fib. I was wondering why it has been acting up so much.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

just to let you know. time travel is not possible. even in theory.

if u go back in time 5 minutes, even. you will be out nowhere in space because the orbit of the planet has left you behind, think about it. plus time only goes forwards. "always". so if u go back in time. your actually doing something like this.

time still going ->>>> that way.
or to try another way. .. its 2011. and i go back in time to lets say. "1965" for laughs. now. my time line would be . not back behind it all. cause all this has happened. it would be 2011 then merge into 1965 but you would "technically / theoretically" still be going forward in time. so u could still say you were on your way to 2012. (unless u had to adopt the idea its 1965 just to get along)
good luck!

edit on 14/4/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

oh btw TIME ISNT EVEN REAL ITSELF. its trapped time inside time inside time.........

what happend to the copy of my hand waving infront of me 5 seconds ago. where did that go? i mean there should be giant blobs of permanent drawing of reality over itself . except ther are not. so then is this a holographic nature (prison/prism) yes. you are not moving the hologram moves and gives you the illusion of moving. oh wait. were so close to the "MATRIX" concept. imagine that.!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

there is a theory, that a 12 year old came up with. that
if you go faster than light ( via black hole), it is essentially faster than time. hence the faster you go the slower things are...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone who's watched Alien vs Predator know where the idea for this story comes from.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

That is true. But what is faster than light? Gravity. If you go the speed of gravity, then you can do anything. If you go that speed, unprotected, then your body would be riped up within nanoseconds. So the theory of a black hole is that gravity has collapsed and now anything that passes through it will be shot out the other end at a fast speed.

So it's possible that what is happening in Antarctica that we are facing an overhead gravity collapse. How serious? I don't know however, just to produce a magnetic spiral over head, I would say it's on a scale 1 to 10, 1 being "no worries" and 10 being "Get the heck out of here!", I'll give it a 4. If it touches ground, then it's a 10. Because from the previous reports it says that it's causing more weather abnormalities.

So far no deaths or injuries have been reported.

edit on 14-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

No "physicist Mariann McLein" listed in JSTOR.org...only name I recognized along the way was 'Pravda'.
Now there's a thread-stopperr.

Yes, I researched this physicist Mariann for a while last night also, found nothing but the same link the OP provided with that physicist's name, also the so called TV crew that supposedly disappeared there is a known hoax, with even fake websites providing that information (them disappearing). If this information wasn't fake, then maybe I'd be more convinced of the thread title. "Pravda" you say? ....Hmmm, maybe Ill look more into that and get back to ya.

To the OP, this IS an interesting thread that could use some more digging into, so not fully tryin' to debunk here and I always remember, there is a little truth to every story.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Actually the whole story reeks of borderline plagerism. This story is almost an exact copy of the Dan Brown book "Deception Point"!
So close that if I were the true writers of the article I would be worried if Dan Brown gets wind of it and sues!

Aye I was also thinking the same, good book. You have to remember that his books often contain scientific and historical fact mixed in with his fictional imagination, perhaps he heard something that planted a seed that became 'Deception Point' - after all the main characters uncover a deception that threatens to plunge the world into controversy - how convenient that would be right about now.

I particularly like the author's note 'all technologies described in this novel exist'

It also links to ALH84001 ( en.wikipedia.org... )
Nasa's link on the same meteorite - www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
Any pics of this vortex???

Of course not, this whole thing is a joke.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr

just to let you know. time travel is not possible. even in theory.

That's strange I'd read that;

According to Einstein, space-time can curve back on itself, theoretically allowing travellers to double back and meet younger versions of themselves.

In addition,

There is a great deal of experimental evidence supporting the validity of equations for velocity-based time dilation in special relativity and gravitational time dilation in general relativity. However, with current technologies it is only possible to cause a human traveller to age less than companions on Earth by a very small fraction of a second, the current record being about 20 milliseconds for the cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev.

Source : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread but honestly the most glaring indication that this story is fake: .."DEADLY time vortex.."

deadly time vortex appears
deadly vortex appears
deadly vortex
deadly

So who jumped in and died?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Phewww, well that ALL took awhile to read! Lost some time while at work...

As the OP of this thread, I would just like to mention a couple things. For one, stars and flags are NOT my agenda. I have been around long enough to be way past that, though they are nice I must admit, but only from the standpoint of the fact that people liked what you brought to the table for discussion.

If anyone has any kind of clue of me, they would know I don't just bring any willy nilly thing to the table. I try to only bring things that I can either learn from, or something that I think just may have a speck of truth to it. It appears I have stepped on someone toes that had all ready posted this, and for that I do apologize. As soon as I am finished posting this, I will go look at that thread and see if it is getting the same stomp upon from the quick to point out flaws people.

One thing I have enjoyed as I have read all the post, is the fact that some folks are at least taking this with a grain of salt, and trying to see if there just may be a puzzle piece or two to fit together here. To me that is what does make ATS great and I thank you folks that are coming from that particular direction. I imagine you go far in your lives.

As far as the title? Well, that wasn't my title, I used the exact title of the article I read out of respect as I always do.

The reason I brought this to the table really is the fact that many of us Have to admit many mysterious and secretive tales have come out of that region. What did Admiral Byrd find? Did the nazis really disappear down there with their own agenda? Did the military really have a shoot out with ufo type craft? I mean really the list can go on and on.

Obviously Something is going on down there because little things have trickled through the news and what little bits have been all ready pointed too here on our dear ATS from former members.

No matter how you look at it, we would be very hard put to get actual proof as it isnt exactly around the corner from where any of us live. So what better place for the strange and unusual to happen? That is really a no brainer for the military to keep under wraps.

The thing is, we do have some proof of some type of vortex happenings, if you wish to call them that. Someone caught something on video with the Norway Spiral. I know there were a couple others, but my memory is failing me at this moment as I have had a very long day at work. Im sure some of you get my point though. Wasn't the Gulf of Eden(?) er somewhere on the north Africa coast that was having same type of the same type of spiral happening over the water??? Weren't people speculating a type of star gate there as well?

So maybe this article is all smoke and mirrors, but maybe someone is trying to leak some information as well and this is the only way they know how. Perhaps we are to read between the lines. There is certainly no harm no foul. It made ATS do what it does best and that was try to get to the bottom of it. The good news is some actually took the time to dig a little deeper without being crass and assuming. A example, the member that found the Cern information for that day, and also the member that found that date to be the start of the Viet Nam war. Yes, see I did read it all out of respect and I appreciate you members that are at least giving it a ponder.

So, with all that said, Yes, maybe the article is bogus, but no matter how you look at it, SOMETHING is going on down there and we should use out brain power to try and get a real handle on it.

Thanks to the folks with the vivid imaginations.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Did you ever notice that these mysterious, Alein related events never occure, in say, Cleveland or in downtown, Berlin they crash in a wide open Nevada wasteland. When they appear it is always in the middle of no where, for someone, who prior to the event, had never even been to a Van Halen concert.

Bigfoot never leaves the wilderness, the Abomoiable Snow Man does not leave yellow snow, yet almost any yahoo among us can catch a racoon, any given night, by simply by turning on a light near the trash can.

The conclusion has to be that we have been visited by idioit Aleins with no GPS and that the people hunting our mysterous creatures are more stupid than the fur covered hords roaming our forests.

And as to the "New World Order" freaks, you do not need to control, Goverments, Technology, Education,Banks, or the Media, control the manufacture of Gun Powder and you could have saved us the last 300 years worth of conspiricy. They went to the same school as the idioit Aleins.
edit on 14-4-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: because Merlot and Spell Check do not mix.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Before you take a leap into the unknown, you should check to see if there are any references. If you paid a little attention to detail, the article writer didn't provide reference materials such as links, books, and other offline and online materials. This story has no substance.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Disturbing news has been leaking out from the giant continent at the bottom of the world. Some scientists manning lonely outposts under the drifting and shifting aurora are nearly paralyzed with fear. Their clipped reports are being reviewed by astonished superiors back in the home countries. Russian researchers posted near the giant South Pole sub-glacial Lake Vostok have reported eerie anomalies and incidents over the past few years that sometimes seem to border on the frayed edge of creeping madness.

Whoa.. Now, I'm interested. It's not often this kinda of "HM.." anticipation comes up in me from reports on here.

"If it's something the US military has constructed down there, then they're violating the international Antarctic Treaty," said an aide to Nicole Fontaine, at the time he was the European Parliament's French president. "If not, then it's something that's at least 12,000 years old, which is how long ice has covered Antarctica. That would make it the oldest man-made structure on the planet. The Pentagon should heed the calls of Congress and release whatever it's hiding."

Oh.. Well, still interesting, nonetheless. Kind of a let down though. I was hoping for somethign more like HOW THIS THREAD WAS TITLED..

And, one other thing I am curious about if you read the article, is how the balloon they sent up into the vortex keeps coming back with the date
"January 27, 1965."
I did a quick search on that date just to see, and it seems a lot of "Electrical" type things came into play on that date. Try searching yourself and see what you find...

Ok, this is where I leave off. Thanks for another thread that draws me in like a title such as "Government mind control device??" then it's about subliminal ads on the TV (TV being the device). But, still I give a star for the find and for teh benefit of the doubt that you may not have done this on purpose~

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Before you take a leap into the unknown, you should check to see if there are any references. If you paid a little attention to detail, the article writer didn't provide reference materials such as links, books, and other offline and online materials. This story has no substance.

My goodness, did you even read what I wrote above and why I took this leap? Maybe, just Maybe, that will explain why I jumped....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Very intriguing find S&F for the thread.

What I found most curious, was the fact that the Air Force has a giant boring machine................The Air Force?
don't they fly planes? how much boring could they possibly have to do in the air, to justify the cost of this machine??

Parker

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Well thanks to the OP for sharing this with us. As with every post, we make our own minds up.
This one in particular, really has no concrete evidence so, I personally think its a hoax.
Don't think for a minute that if the elite had access to a time vortex, they would already be utilizing it. But that brings up the question, how would we know if they tampered with the past? we would wake up the next morning thinking what they had changed, to be our actual history...kind of a mindfreak

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
Very intriguing find S&F for the thread.

What I found most curious, was the fact that the Air Force has a giant boring machine................The Air Force?
don't they fly planes? how much boring could they possibly have to do in the air, to justify the cost of this machine??

Parker

yes, the Air Force does have a command center underground, its called NORAD.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

How can you be so sure? 500 years ago the story of the Earth being spherical was 'just a story'; this may be no different. In another 500 years time, people could be time traveling at no cost, this could destroy cultures, haven't you heard of 'the butterfly effect'?

The thread itself doesn't scare me, the potential does.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join