It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Stream problems! This Is My 3rd Thread On This Subject! More Corroborative Evidence!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Listen pal, just because you have weather in your name and work with weather in your job doesn't make you qualified to say this thread is wrong. Clearly the guy in the 2nd video has a lord title so he is much more believable then you( I mean did you not see his outfit?). And last time I looked in the sky I couldn't see the jet stream so clearly it is missing.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

a) Meteorologist on local network stated the stream is behaving abnormally
b) Migration patterns of birds has been absolutely uncharactaristic of anything I can recall for my area. (4 weeks late)

Things that come mind this year:

Volcanoes
Earthquakes
Sun activity
Hot summer in the northern hemisphere
Russian forest fires
Cyclone over great lakes
Massive snowfall in snow belts due to great lakes being warmer from the abnormally warm summer

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by worlds_away

What would you classify a normal winter as?

Ask any European

I dont know mate , I am a European and to me this is a normal winter with slightly lower temperatures . I would say that the past few years were rather mild when it comes to winter and now the balance has shifted back and we are getting a normal cold with good amount of snow winter . Not an ice age , not the next "day after tomorrow" , just a normal winter that one who is not in his/her teens has seen before and would expect to see again in those regions of Europe .

Just because people got used to mild winters (heh I would call them harsh fall) that were happening in the recent past does not mean that those were normal winters in Europe . Like I wrote in some other thread , Europe used to have winters where the Baltic Sea froze over and people could walk over it . People were using chains on their car tires because normal winter tires would not cut it .

When the temperature drops below -25 and actually stays there for some time then I will start wondering if this might perhaps not be a normal harsh winter like Europe used to have before .

edit on 19/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The more I see the meteorologists on tv making light of/smiling down the staggering blizzard conditions suddenly hitting the Northern Hemisphere, the more I wonder what they're really thinking about all of this behind their worried little eyes...

This winter was predicted to be mild. And it's not even winter yet. "Say... what else is going on Tuesday?", he smirked sarcastically.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually I do not know where You heard that the winter is supposed to be mild ? At my part of the woods we were had the info about a harsh winter this year for the past few months .. So I guess it all depends where You get the info from

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
While I have been noticing a rather alarming trend in our climate as of late, I believe it goes deeper then the BP oil disaster. You can't blame the Russian heatwave, nor the Pakistan flooding on that. Yet each is as disastrous as the deep freeze...it was -40 in Calgary in November, people were stuck on a highway in Ontario due to a snowsquall. I think we'll be seeing a lot more phenomenon in the future, and it could all be a natural shift to a future cooler global period. Or it could be nothing but el Nina, or manmade climate change. It's too soon to tell, but you have an interesting theory, s&f.

Ya some very abnormal weather in the Maritime Provinces as well, I have never seen so much rain in "December" , flooded homes and washed out roads , bridges etc.

We should be getting snow , not rain , and another "Rain storm " on its way for the 20 th of december, wth?

Dont get me wrong , I would rather rain then snow lol, no shoveling...but this is just getting silly.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Just do a Google search and you'll see that everyone all year was predicting a mild winter, from NOAA to the National Weather Service to the people at the Farmer's Almanac. It's not an obscure bit of info.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Farmers' Almanac Winter, NOAA Prediction
www.newsoxy.com...
By: Jennifer Hong
Staff Writer
Published: Aug 31, 2010

Removed erroneous link

edit on 12/19/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: erroneous link

edit on 12/19/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I stand by the I statements made in the post you replied to. Something's not right, deny it as much as you want. Then turn on the news and stand back...

edit on 12/19/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
All I know is that it was negative 2 F here in north carolina the other night. I've never been in this cold of weather lol.
edit on 19-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

You are merely experiencing Wisconsin weather(8.p.m.temp currently +3) overnight lows are -1 as long as there's no wind( -20 with wind chills).then daily highs in the low teens It's survivable and normal for up here. I don't think anybody should get too excited until spring arrives too late to plant.
Until then:

???
What are you going to do about it???

The climate seems to be changing from what we are used to seeing

( so what?)

Buy some socks and sweaters. Put some food up. put the kettle on and pop in a dvd!
Getting all excited isn't going to change anything.
edit on 19-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Thill

Here's one of countless links:

NOAA OUTLOOK CALLS FOR MILD WINTER FOR MOST OF THE NATION
NOAA 2006-073
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
10/10/06

www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov...

Ummmm 2006?

Nice one

And you are completely wrong, after analysing the ocean temperatures, this year was judged a La Nina year, meaning below average temperatures and higher snow/rainfall for most the Northern American continent

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually I do not know where You heard that the winter is supposed to be mild ? At my part of the woods we were had the info about a harsh winter this year for the past few months .. So I guess it all depends where You get the info from

I can answer that...check out these two conflicting news broadcasts from one of my previous threads. Makes it easy to understand why people are confused.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Check out THIS THREAD

So much for global warming...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't know about the UK, but I live in US North Carolina and the temps this year are definitely cold but far from the coldest I have experienced in 34 yrs on this little blue planet. I highly doubt that a oil spill in the Atlantic could affect global weather this much considering there was a similar oil spill in China around the same time of the BP spill. Also this is far from the first time there has ever been a oil spill. I mean I am not sure volume wise nor do I know what counter measures were done compared to previous spills, but just saying it's not like this is the first big oil spill ever.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Oops.

Here:

Farmers' Almanac Winter, NOAA Prediction
www.newsoxy.com...
By: Jennifer Hong
Staff Writer
Published: Aug 31, 2010

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This may be just the beginning.
Of course there are many variables involved in climate change,
but I feel pretty safe in assuming that the following are the lead causes :

1. The Sun
Solar cycle: Maunder Minimum
Little Ice Age
2. Ocean currents
Affected by The Sun
Tectonic Effects
Pollution
3. Tectonic events
a. 39 Volcanic eruptions 2010
b. Earthquakes along Mid-Atlantic Ridge
4. Humans
a. Pollution
i. Oil Spills 2010
ii. Ocean Garbage Patches

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
5gyres.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sciencedaily.com...

Feel free to add more.

edit on 19-12-2010 by Smack because: formatting

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I don't know about the UK, but I live in US North Carolina and the temps this year are definitely cold but far from the coldest I have experienced in 34 yrs on this little blue planet. I highly doubt that a oil spill in the Atlantic could affect global weather this much considering there was a similar oil spill in China around the same time of the BP spill. Also this is far from the first time there has ever been a oil spill. I mean I am not sure volume wise nor do I know what counter measures were done compared to previous spills, but just saying it's not like this is the first big oil spill ever.

Agreed...however, there a couple of points to keep in mind:

#1 The BP Gulf disaster is the worst ocean oil spill in world history, according to new data compiled by a team of government-sponsored scientists.
The National Incident Command’s Flow Rate Technical Group (FRTG) recently announced that the BP Macondo well blowout dumped between 53,000 barrels (2,226,000 gallons) and 62,000 barrels (over 2,600,000 gallons) of oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico during the nearly three months in which the well was out of control.
In all the group estimates 206 million gallons of oil, 4.9 million barrels, gushed into the Gulf, far more than the 3.3 million barrels spilled into the Bay of Campeche in the Ixtoc rig blowout of 1979. It is twenty times the volume of the previous-worst US spill, the Exxon Valdez tanker disaster in Alaska’s remote Prince William Sound in 1989.

#2 This is the first disaster of this scope that was geographically located next to a major section of the Thermo Haline Circulation system (ie.Gulf Stream) For further clarification regarding the global impact of any part of this system shutting down, watch the following video.

This of course is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And this is the 20th time Ive said this

LA NINA

Please do some damn research.....wow you people stun me

Thanks. I will add the 60 -70 year ocean cycles. Remember 70% of the earth IS OCEAN!

Ocean temps affect the Jet Steam. temperatures in the Pacific Ocean affect both the position and the intensity of the jet stream

This one is the biggie:
the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO)

Other oceans:
Arctic Oscillation (AO)

Atlantic and Indian Ocean Oscillations

Atlantic (AMO)

The Southern Oscillation Index (SOI)

oceans are a giant heat sink and are cooling. Cooling of the global ocean since 2003
Graph Argo deep sea temps

And yes I did some research

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I agree that the BP spill will probably have some effect; the measure of which we cannot know at this time, but clearly there are other factors at play. The plastic soup in the ocean gyres probably plays a larger role, but still not the primary one. The Sun is the prime mover in regards to climate. Right now it is at the low ebb of a long cycle; thought to be similar to the Maunder Minimum, that occurred during the mid 17th century and coincided with the little ice age.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Your first thread, you claimed, without evidence, that the Gulf Loop "stalled," causing Europe's problems; and; that the jet stream was distorted or diverted.

Both were shown to be false.

Now, you contend that the "Gulf stream stalled;" and, again with absolutely NO evidence in support.

Maybe that's why it's taken 2 threads for you to try to get your point across - - you keep hoping someone who doesn't know any better will take up your lead and run with it.

(Everyone knows it is Nibiru that controls the climate.)

deny ignorance

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join