It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Stream problems! This Is My 3rd Thread On This Subject! More Corroborative Evidence!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That weather map sure is jumbled up. Snow in Australia when it is supposed to be summer there
and Greenland and the Labrador coast of Canada enjoying the weather the UK should be having. Well maybe not "enjoying" seeing as the East Coast of Canada has been repeatedly flooded out with heavy rain storms. If it was snow they could cope, but the rain has washed out roads and bridges all over the place.

Like I said, the weather is all jumbled up everywhere; not just a few places.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks for the imput, I hope all on this thread can appreciate your post. Some of it I know about, much of the rest I am just on the periphery, and much of what we hear of is just spin....

I think we are going to see a major shift in weather patterns at least for the rest of my life. From what I can tell the Jet stream has become "Loopy" and also is setting up blocking patterns causing weather extremes depending on where the loop is.

A second decent explanation of the Jet stream ocean connection: El Niño and La Niña for Dummies

There is one piece of information that no one seems to refute: Weather Cycles
SHORT TERM:

NASA:
...The Nile water levels and aurora records had two somewhat regularly occurring variations in common - one with a period of about 88 years and the second with a period of about 200 years....
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

And the longer term: The Milancovitch cycle

Because the intensities of the 397 ka BP and present insolation minima are very similar, we conclude that under natural boundary conditions the present insolation minimum holds the potential to terminate the Holocene interglacial

If you want a REALLY interesting bit of information, it seems that the length of the day is not a constant but varies!

Introduction

It has long been theorized that the Earth's rate of rotation has been slowly decreasing through time. However, only recently have apparent accelerations been discovered....

Abstract- Variations in the rate of Earth rotation have been correlated with the non-dipole portion of the Earth's geomagnetic field.

Long period variations have been correlated to geomagnetic polarity bias, and short period variations have been attributed to non-dipole induced electromagnetic coupling between the outer core and the lower mantle. It is believed that the polarity bias is a manifestation of core-mantle boundary topography influencing the otherwise random behavior of the non-dipole portion of the field. Mass transfer at the core-mantle boundary due to topographic changes (perhaps due to oceanic trench redistribution) may result in the required changes in the Earth's angular velocity, due to conservation of angular momentum. On a shorter time scale, electromagnetic coupling may produce a sufficient torque on the lower mantle to affect drag. Short period fluctuations of rotation correlate well with mean global temperature variations. It is proposed that circulation in the core, mantle, lithosphere, and atmosphere are interrelated.
www.natsci.colostate.edu...

For those not aware of Media Spin:
The Danish text, a secret draft agreement leaked at the Copenhagen Conference gave effective control of climate change finance to the World Bank. Guardian

Who Controls Media Propaganda
U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media.

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join