It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
You know what I think funny? If this was not a RAW recording, many here would be saying that this is CGI.

Some amazing CGI is out there. Take a look at some of the stuff The Faking Hoaxer has done.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Galactic Federation of Lame is here.

They have come in their balloon crafts to save us all...however, they are in danger of anyone with a needle.

Its balloons...as far as staying still, sorry, but who says they are? there is no reference pictures to conclude that..

its several balloons...for some reason, the guy was focusing in on the three tied together...once they became untied, you seen the other two.

meh...next.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
reply to post by RUSSO
This thread will more than likely be dead and buried by next week, the majority of this site is filled with trolls or skeptics who arent the true skeptics that used to exist on this site.

I hate to say it but I think you hit the nail squarely on the head with this statement.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowsecretxx

a military experiment over new york city during the day? do u honestly think that? this had already been debunked anyway, apparently there was a woman who was having a party for her son and she let the balloons off.

now as for them glowing, the ballons are white and sun reflects of white shiny rubber....
they are tied together and are not flying in formation, wind around buildings can cause air pockets, the op said that they were there all day yet only 10 minutes of footage is available.

and there wasnt even as much as a helicopter inspecting what it was, i mean the news station who had the footage surely could have got their chopper on the scene for closer footage no?

its balloons

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Balloons, a classic.

This is a second line.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
So the brilliant super advanced extra terrestrials continue to play games and only allow cameras to get crappy footage of them. Unlike in the past where they lived/had sex with us and built all of our awesome cities, and gave humans technology, only to disappear completely, allow us to lose all that technology only to get it back on our own (except for our military aircraft, thats all alien inspired), and now reveal themselves as glowing indistinguishable pixel blobs. Yeah that sums up about 90% of the threads here on ATS

I still find it hard to believe that ridicule like this still goes on.

You really need to change your signature after that post.

signature: A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions Proverbs 18:2

edit on 1-12-2010 by markjaxson because: quote

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The majority of the replies of this thread remind me of this cartoon:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renan
Well for starters the OP acts like a 12 year old treating people bad and calling them names and when it comes time to explanation he only gives childish statements "it's a UFO and i don't have to explain myself to you i know i'm right and you're all wrong"

It should frighten everyone that 4chan has more polite discussion about such phenomena these days. Ye gods, how about a little politeness? Or better yet, how about not taking disagreements as challenges to duels at dawn with concrete-filled water balloons?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've watched the vid twice in full screen and with the sound up. You can hear people in the background saying ballons. I live a few miles from a leisure centre which is sometimes used for childrens parties. we get balloons and chinese laterns flying over during the summer months if the wind is blowing in the right direction and they look just like this video.
We do have some meteorologists on this site who can explain the wind better than me, but I've seen balloons and lanterns fly in perfect formation even though they weren't tethered. I've also seen one overtake others by being just a few feet higher up. The wind just doesn't travel in one direction and speed from the ground all the way up to 100,000 ft, it can travel in opposite directions just a few hundred feet apart.

I also disagree that they are stationary, the camera man is zooming in and moving following the "balloons/objects", when he zooms in people on ATS are saying that they can see the balloons/objects appearing and disappearing, this is just artifacts being produced by the camera like a previous poster stated.

We can all hope that one day someone will record something so incredible that it will change the world, sadly this not it.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Kurokage because: added a line

edit on 1-12-2010 by Kurokage because: spelling!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by redhorse

So objects thousands of feet higher then the buildings themselves are still being affected by the buildings updrafts?

I would counter that it is difficult to tell how high the objects are in comparison to the buildings. We do not know how large they are. If they are in fact alien spacecraft they are (probably) bigger than a balloon, so yes... 'thousands of feet', if not then not so much higher, and they could (I feel) be affected by the buildings. I'm sorry, you have no proof of how high the objects are.

Originally posted by NoJoker13Also you didn't state the word "scientific" but you did allude to the fact that you new exactly how an object should shine and how light would come off of it even from 1000's of feet away, I'd call that an attempt at a legit "scientific" response, what would you call it?

Well no. I didn't say/allude that I knew 'exactly' anything. I did allude (once again) that I have more experience than many people in regards to how light reflects off of objects. I posted an opinion that disagreed with your own, and used my own background to offer some credibility in regards to the observation of reflected light; I never attempted to present a 'legit scientific response.' (I was using an artists education and experience, as you have pointed out.... That would be silly.) You have couched it that way in an quick and dirty (and in my opinion, rather ill thought out) attempt to discredit me and you have been caught out.

If the only opinion you will accept is that of well-credentialed physicist/scientist perhaps you should find one.

However, I do have the opinion of a writer/reporter/paranormal expert. (The only person to produce a presentation at the UN on the subject of UFO's.)

www.aolnews.com...

...And since 'credentials' seems to be a key point...

www.aolnews.com...

Not enough, I have no doubt, but it's someone better educated in such matters than myself.

Originally posted by NoJoker13 Again these objects stay at the same height for an extremely long amount of time, to long for the factors your trying to weigh in.

Hmmm... Maybe. It depends (again) on the size and how high they were. I do not feel that they stay at 'the same height' they do move around quite a bit, albeit within a rather finite area. We may have to agree to disagree there. I think it is possible that they are smaller than you may be accounting for. That's all.

As another counter point... There was (at least) one release of balloons in that area on that day.

www.gearlog.com:80...

Now, I'm not saying that there aren't UFO's; I am saying that those are (probably) balloons.
edit on 1-12-2010 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It does look like balloons... the way they are tumbling and spinning in a non uniform matter gives me the impression that they are not intelligently controlled.

With that observation, it rules out that its a UFO.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Ha ha, I don't really think it's a military experiment during the day, that was just an example. It always seems to me that no matter what, people are always so quick to say that these are balloons. (In this case though, they had good reason it seems)

From what I saw it seemed it couldn't be balloons, but like you said it has already been debunked, soo, maybe it was balloons caught in an air pocket. Like I said, it could be anything!

I don't know, I guess I just have an over active imagination. I think it's fun to think of the possibilities unless it has been actually proven to be fake. In this case, it has been proven fake, which I didn't know at the time I posted! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
8mins of balloons. Thanks for sharing.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They should change the name of this forum from Aliens&UFOs to Balloons&CGI.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
I've watched the vid twice in full screen and with the sound up. You can hear people in the background saying ballons.

You can also hear someone say "spaceship".

It goes both ways with your deductive method but most of the people there dont have binoculars or a video recorder, the CBS guy has to zoom in to get a decent view, so it probably does look like balloons from their perspective but when the camera zooms in, it tells us a different story.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Can you you imagine the hysteria that wold break out if New Yorkers saw F-16's whipping around the sky above them. I remember when Obama had Air Force One and an F-16 fly, unannounced, around the Statue of Liberty for a photo op. Look at the chaos it caused.

So, your counter-argument for why there was no such response, is that well, it would have created a panic? Your position is that those charged with our defense would instead just sit back, and allow unidentified crafts to mass over NYC?

Or, did they not panic because it was a bunch of balloons in the sky from planned (and media-covered) balloon releases during the day?

Which explanation really makes more sense?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nice video! Much better than the previous ones from that day... I still wonder why do we get this video now or was it already available, and if yes, where were we looking till now?

Towards the end of the video I am inclined on those looking like balloons, however, the begining of the video is unexplainable, at least imo. If those were three balloons tied with a string, then this string had to be made of solid wood, i.e. sticks. And note, that this is sarcasm. And I'm pointing towards to why the three balloons were always at a certain distance from one another and never bumped into each other when they appeared rotating at such a rapid manner... And it's highly unlikely, the very least, for balloons to behave like this because of air current.

All in all, interesting find, I guess those who want them to be balloons will believe till the end they're balloons, those who are looking for aliens, will see them as such, for me this is an interesting UFO, as I, for one, am unable to identify it with certainty.

S&F OP!

p.s. from what I grasp to understand, a bunch of kids' balloons were having a party with some official ceremony balloons and a weather balloon dropped by cause it wasn't invited... meaning, skepticism, imo, has to have a boundary of some sort...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Interesting video, not really sure about the ballon part though. I mean, I'm seeing three yellow balls? and from time to time a red one in the middle. Now the thing that seems odd? to me is that know matter how the move they always stay in a triangle formation. I don't know, that's just my observation.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I though balloons until watched THE WHOLE VIDEO.

People are obviously not watching the whole video
explain how at beginning of video the 'balloons" are very close and at end they separate far from one another but still keep the same triangle formation.

Not saying these are alien ships but IMO they cant be balloons tied together or tied to a structure to keep them in formation
edit on 1-12-2010 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thanks for posting, and I agree that it looks like those that were photographed near El Paso, and some other sites! All have remarkable similar characteristics, specks of light. I do not believe the balloon nonsense at all. What size balloons would ever maneuver in open air currents like this, to go horizontally, then vertically, and a variety of other means. A very fascinating piece of video similar to other sightings so that one can find a common denominator in it. I keep wondering why zoom lens are not used when one can spend 8 minutes taping it. Surely, in that time someone with a second camera could have caught it closer up, huh?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join