It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ncuncfan2006

It's me, I'm the fireman's 234th cousin
and like, it's soooooooo totally like gonna happen

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
like a bumch of old chickens... bok bok lmao!

so.. anyone know which way to look..east west bla.. ok i'm on the lower east coast of australia. my backyard faces east.. where do i look? do i go to the beach to look or go up mountians to look south west etc??? also jan 29 08:33 UT is that 19:33 here sydney time... anyone.. anyone?? ferris... buullar..anyone?

;-)

thank u

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sculder02

I'm in Aussie too, this thing needs a pretty reasonable telescope to pick it up. Of course, if you believe the naysayers, it's going to hit Australia and we're all gonna die, so I guess we just need to look out for general states of disarray

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Hey, sculder,

Go out tomorrow...or really, it is today for you mate...and lease a new car. Enjoy! Because the END IS NEAR!!

Or, realize that this NEO is not going to hit. Not this time, anyway.

On another tack...how open is Australia to immigration? 'cause I am born and bred in the USA, but getting sick of the politics lately (for the last seven years)...Canada is nice. of course, and right next door. But Australia is beautiful!! At least, what I have seen so far...Sydney, Melbourne. Think I could fit in, mate?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
2 aussies in a row, counting down the days to woe.
Along comes a Aussie wanna be, who is in line ahead of me!
Oh boy i wish i had have been a little kinder to the J W who come a knocking yesterday.
Oh well see you all in hell. Hee hee see you another Aussie nut!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I doubt you'd have much trouble if you wanted to live in Aus, my husband is American and we are moving there once he retires the military. And as each day passes he is more and more thankful.
Many Americans have made the move and the ones I know personally had no trouble at all.
I have been recommending it to everyone lol There is nothing like it and it took me leaving to realize that.

On another note - the weather - not sure if everyone is over this now because I haven't read the last few pages but it is clear, lovely blue skies out here in Yokosuka, Japan and not even as cold as it usually is this time of year ... it's usually snowing around this time of year. hmmmm.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Tonight at the 11 o'clock news they ran this story, so I'm pretty sure its not a threat if the news is reporting it. I think this is the "smoking gun" that proves its not going to happen.. they wouldn't shed any light on it if something really was up... I can't believe this thread has over 1000 posts

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
50/50 scary stuff. I heard it's estimated to pass around 800,000 miles or so...I had an old Toyota that had almost that many miles on it...in space distance this is like a hair...

3:30 eastern time Tuesday morning...that's about 1:30 Mountain time, or right at last call...I wonder if the bars will be charging after that one...and in Pacific we might get free drinks for a whole extra hour!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
space.newscientist.com...

Interesting how they explain the severity of asteroids that shatter apart in this article. It is not known at this time if our TU24 is going to be the type that has the potential to split. As they say small asteroids can pack a mighty punch...

Nothing is certain in the universe.

So is this a spinning rock or a collection of rubble???
space.newscientist.com...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by antar]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
According to the orbit projection thingo, this TU24 thing has probably been crossing Earth's orbit since... well... a damn long time! There's probably others we don't know about, I'd be worried about those ones before getting tied up in a knot about the one we do know about.

As long as we have enough time to watch the rest of the 4th Test, the Aussies will know what I'm talking about

[edit on 24-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Source

Obervations from Goldstone Radar

Goldstone radar observations of near-Earth asteroid 2007 TU24 last
night were successful.

The observations reveal an object roughly 250 meters in diameter, with
an interesting shape, and strongly suggest that rotates slowly.

The radar astrometry we obtained reduced the asteroid's three-sigma
range uncertainty at 00:00:00 UTC on Jan. 24 from about 2/3 of an
Earth radius to ~30 meters. Consequently, we have cancelled our
request for optical astrometry to support the rest of the radar
campaign.

Dr. Lance A. M. Benner
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im watching the BBC world news right now. I'll be sure to post anything if i hear any mention of the asteriod.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

mmm same here TVE has sinds a few days last days actually large pixels.....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hi Antar,

Sorry about not getting back to you right away. Had a Real hectic day.
I appreciate your offer. Will U-2 you later ok. Remember these little guys? Well now these quails are adults and had chicks of their own. Everyday around 3:30 I've been feeding them and they've always show up. However, in the last two days they haven't showed up. Last count was over 50. It could be because of the weather change. It's pretty cold, windy and rainy here. I hope that's all it is.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by MountainStar]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

OMG they are adorable! How sweet they are, I will send positive energy that they return home to you my friend. Wow how lucky you are...

Now what is your take on this situation? Pretty wierd huh? I just think that all of the sites are spouting verbatim what the top guys at NASA are saying... Humm to close. Nasa is doing a double speak too, I dont know this is very concerning. However the guy I respect most says its going to be just like any other day, and he is always right... my pets are acting really strange though, they are staying very close to me and jumping up on me and getting right in my face and licking tmy face and going for my mouth. Then just looking at me very intently. They 'all' jump up too not just one at a time, and I have 5 dogs...Cats are acting odd too, and there were millions of birds of all kinds in my back yard yesterday morning, I will keep a closer eye out though. Good night.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

well heh i started reading from the first post all the way to here took me half a day pff my eyes my eyes my brain lol but anyhow thats why i posted something that was old news
mmmm never mind

i guess you get a bit tired of all those people repeating and repeating the world will end and the thing will hit and so on not?

no problem i understand you i feel pity for you lol

peace to all of you in this forum btw

[edit on 24-1-2008 by newworldnews2007]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by newworldnews2007]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Source

Obervations from Goldstone Radar

with
an interesting shape,

what does this mean?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
hey aussies! and hey weedwacker.. we don't need anymore yanks here! kidding.. i use to live over there in alaska. why would i hire a car..nutter.. i got a land cruiser.. will survive nuclear bomb..

so if it aint gunna hit..why all the fuss.. i'm bored come on need some excitement .. can't it just touch the ozone layer a tad.. some sparks?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sorry but i wasn't able to get any updates from the BBC.

Im just thinking maybe the death of the brokeback guy might be a deversion plan..we all seen how much these celebrities get the attention of the major news outlets...Then the stock goes way down then back up.Now they wanna assure us everything is ok...so they wanna give us more money...I dont trust it.

Sorry if i sound doom and gloom,i guess i cant help it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

hahaha yea m2 i want some action on this planet... its all so mmm silent booring and peaceful, not that i want people or animals to die no way.... just mmm some wake up call that there are more dangerous things out there than tanks and other countries to fight with to get more oil or gain more things. ... still love the speech that Reagan once gave, about "wouldn't our differences be put aside once a foreign alien force would attack us" and so on love that one.....

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join