It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS Members Familiar with the Golden Dawn?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I am a former member of a I. Regardie/M. Starr/ Peter S. Allience that dealt with ice majik and stealth arrangements with technology firms.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Scanning and the like...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here at this post is a good history, you could learn a lot from stuff like this left lying around:

user.cyberlink.ch...

"love is the law"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I guess I have to post this question again to get back on track here ; - )

Does this have anything to do with the meaning of the Golden Dawn?

HYMN to HATHOR
Blue-lidded daughter of dawn, golden lady of the
mountains, carrier of her father's wisdom, let an old man
rest in your arms. Let him look last on love's face, breath-
ing love's breath. I live in light a million years. The sun
rises or sets now--it matters not. Here is ecstasy in death
and certainty in life. We are gods in the body of god, truth
and love our destinies. Go then and make the world
something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
Also, so freemasonry is actually a gnostic belief system?

Who said anything about Freemasonry being a "Gnostic belief system"?

Would that not mock the beliefs of the of the holy scriptures that are present at the time also?

If the Scriptures themselves are of Gnostic origin, would it not mock them to pretend they weren't?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddhi-Data
Here at this post is a good history, you could learn a lot from stuff like this left lying around:

user.cyberlink.ch...

"love is the law"

ok before i continue reading this link, pray tell...

why is there a picture of a man screwing a goat at the top of the page?

seriously?

edit: excuse me i just noticed that the 'man' is a faun.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
[quote
why is there a picture of a man screwing a goat at the top of the page?

seriously?

edit: excuse me i just noticed that the 'man' is a faun.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Animal]

Oh, so it is okay then, being a faun and all to do it with a goat?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Koenig's website concerns the Ordo Templi Orientis, not the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Be wary if you peruse his site: there's a lot of good documents on there, but Koenig's viewpoints are heavily biased, as he is a disgruntled former member of O.T.O.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Since fauns possess only goat reproductive organs themselves, most scientists have reached a consensus that they should limit their sexual expressions to others within the same species, at least as far as genitalia go.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

thanks for the info. ML.

both on faun reproductive organs and in regards to the website that i discovered the picture on.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Mmmm, animal reproductive organs.

Just another day on the Secret Society boards.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by Rockpuck

Technically, I am an Episcopalian. The views of Episcopalians differ widely, and mine are more along the traditional line of Gnostic Christianity. Throughout the ages, many clergy and even Fathers of the Church hhave held Gnostic views.

I got a question, do you (as the Coptic manuscripts from Chenoboskion say) believe that the GOD in the Old Testament is actualy satan, and the GOD in The New Testament is the true GOD?

I'm not being coy, just want to know.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981

I got a question, do you (as the Coptic manuscripts from Chenoboskion say) believe that the GOD in the Old Testament is actualy satan, and the GOD in The New Testament is the true GOD?

No, the Gnostic myth of Ialdoboath is allegorical. Most Gnostics do not literally believe that the material universe was created by an evil being; the story symbolizes the inherent evil present in matter, and our duty to overcome it.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Ahh.. brings back a memory when Masonic Light and me had a debate as to whether or not proclaimed Satan Worshipers could be Masons because they believe in a Supreme being, and my devils advocate position I claimed that God in both books was in fact Satan.

In my opinion the God of the Peoples of the Book as the Muslims would say, has a real identity issue.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

On the Demiurge

If you read H.P. Blavatsky's or Samael Aun Weor's writings, the esoteric meaning will become quite apparent.

This must be why the Mormons say that "Jesus"(YHSVH rather) and Satan are "brothers". Joseph Smith and friends obviously learned about Gnosticism to some degree; although I certainly do not recommend studying Mormonism. An interesting correlation though.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I am curious why you would say to not study mormonism? Not that I have any plan to, or interest, but what would lead you to discourage such a study? Is it that it is merely a waste of time, or is there something in there that is bad for the brain?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I've read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and have studied various other parts of Mormonism. My personal take on it is "Nothing to see here, folks", but I would encourage people to study all branches of knowledge possible, and decide for themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Masonic Light you are the man. Thanks for sharing your always honorable point of view.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
And if freemasonry and other societies associated with freemasonry like the Golden Dawn and the Eastern Star are gnostic in nature, then is it possible that the capital "G" displayed directly above the worshipful master actually stands for gnostism?

Really, it stands for whatever you think it does, or it means whatever meaning you can produce from it. I would also say that this relates to the "concept" that you are ultimately god, and you are still creating the universe. It never stops. When you see and perceive things and categorize them, this is the "god" in you, the conscious part of you organizing and transforming your surroundings to be more in tune with god's nature (or less so, I guess it depends on what exactly you're doing), which you help define I suppose (or maybe it helps define you!). We all start off with no idea who we are or where we all came from or are even doing here. Then our minds start growing and soaking up all they can. We stumble around blindly doing this for so long (a kind of lesser, human equivalent to "the work"), until other un-knowing people have filled the blanks in our heads with things that are irrelevant, wrong, arbitrary, etc., like the word "success." Being "successful" almost certainly implies making a lot of money, which is taking it from other people, and mass consumption and all of these other habits are also unbecoming and ignorant. But that is what the western world suggests you do to be happy. This is an example of the kind of unsupported and ungodly notion that an unenlightened man would create and use to model his life.

Real learning is like learning logic or physics, and thereby intuitively understanding models for movement in nature, etc. (please throw away any thoughts of boring, stuffy classrooms). Gnosis has its counterpart in logic and physics, and a very strong one, because those things can be rigorously demonstrated, and they rigorously demonstrate forms and patterns that are "unintelligent" and directly of god. Plato said that philosopher-king must think in universal and eternal forms rather than words and worldly concepts and images. Plato offers you his "Allegory of the Cave." Other realizations that come about the here and now that you constantly live in, are also beyond words and are more like concepts or forms. You have to learn these and apply them yourself to all that you know, because they're the real path to the light, once you internalize them. They are as reliable as any physics formula, being brought out from the same stuff, and aren't like the irrelevant and arbitrary things that man comes up with to stuff his own head.

The 'G' can stand for god, good, gnosticism, geometry, all at the same time, and all would have an obvious relation to freemasonry if one only understood thus far. Thus it could represent all of those things to you, and even what they collectively represent.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I basically agree with what ML has posted here:

reply to post by Masonic Light

Nonetheless, if the Mormons are "Latter Day Saints", why are they still hiding the Gnosis of the Aquarian Age?

The Mormons probably only had fragments(at most), so-to-speak, of the Gnosis to begin with anyhow.

It seems that the Mormon church could be traced back to the same "occult"-circle(s) that produced the phony version of the "Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor"(which is not to be confused with the original one).

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join