It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists can use this forum to communicate!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
An simple post as:

I was abducted by aliens in Dallas on 26th Dec. last year.

Might actually mean:

We will strike in Denmark on next Dec. 26th.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a message to all you terrorists, and those who do nothing for humanity but kill others. death is amounst you. do something good for humanity help your brothers and sisters and your neighbor NOT BOMB THEM. get off the power kick and into peace and don't think that god must be with those who are bombers. that is just suicidal thinking. what about peace. but if you want war so bad, well we'll give you what you want,

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... no. It'd make a funny idea for a play or a comic book spoof, however. I can just see the "What was the message of the day? My computer was down!" -or- "When were we supposed to attack? ATS was hit by a DOS and I couldn't get in for an hour!" -or- "The latte machine was backed up at the cybercafe and I couldn't get a slot on the computers for THREE hours!"

And the ever-famous "THE ATS MODERATORS DELETED MY MESSAGE!!! AAAAGH!!!"

Worst job of terrorist plotting in the world.

Factoid: they use specialized websites, private emails, and (mostly) phone calls. Only the "League Of Not Very Bright Terroists" would use a large public board where the admins and mods could track their addresses.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I guess it won't be long until the building that houses the servers is hit by a smart bomb and the owners of the website are hauled off to Gitmo.

But seriously, terrorists can communicate through any medium because in the west, we have the feedom to communicate without being questioned about our motives. Back home they would not have that sort of feedom.

Are you suggesting that somebody here is actually a terrorist? Would you care to offer up any names?

If there actually are any terrorists here, they must be amazed by the variety of opinions that are allowed to be addressed in an open manner by people who can disagree with each other without resorting to violence.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh man! You know, I just got this message, and thought it was spam. It says:

Flowing robes.
The pumpkins are getting frost on them because it's cold out. The world wants for the squirrels. St. Louis is home to me for 7 years.
Praise God.
Tall Robes.

Holy Cow! Now it's all clear to me. That really means:

Hey Al Zwahari,
I have the beer chilling in the fridge. Bring some of that yummy nut bread. Cards at my place at 7:00 pm.
Take care,
Osama

Man, you might be on to something here!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe the NSA actually monitors this forum for terrorists, of course I don't know any. They actually stop many terrorist plot so the "Leage of not so bright terrorists" might be out there. But I think some bright ones might exactly use this forum because it has so many users and the message might look totally safe and not even related to a later attack.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well it would be either a very smart place or a very stupid place for terrorists to communicate through. On the one hand, there's so much garbage and jumble about guns and war and terrorists and stuff that it would be a harder place than most websites for cyber detectives to sift through. The government might think this website is a bunch of crazies with their conspiracy theories and just stays away from it.

OR it might monitored 24/7 by Big Brother because they have to ensure nobody is getting too close to the truth. If that's true, then this would be bad place for a terrorist to comunicate.

On a side note I remember two years ago somebody started a thread with the question, "What are the weak points on an American tank?" Haha...
I wonder what happened to him.

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Terrorists can use ANY forum to communicate with each other.

It makes no difference whether it's a conspiracy forum or a forum for train spotters, as long as theres an internet, the terrorists will use it anyway they can.

It's just a matter of people being vigilant to anything dodgy in a post and seeking advice from the staff here if they do.

CX.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah I agree using a public forum would be stupid.

I mean.. imagine if your browsing through ATS, and all of a sudden come across rambling that comes from mohammed, mentions allah and praises suicde attacks.

more likely, they'd use some form or IRC, or evey general hotmail.

Even so, why risk putting up evidence on the internet?
Why not create text documents, setup VPN connections and have an ongoing chat?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
a message to all you terrorists, and those who do nothing for humanity but kill others. death is amounst you. do something good for humanity help your brothers and sisters and your neighbor NOT BOMB THEM. get off the power kick and into peace and don't think that god must be with those who are bombers. that is just suicidal thinking. what about peace. but if you want war so bad, well we'll give you what you want,

Oh and I'll go to the US gov't (the "good" terrorists) and tell them, "Hey, where's the WMD's in Iraq? You accuse Iran of building nukes...were is the proof? Oh that's right you're accusing them, you speculate, I guess that's okay. Isreal has nukes too, and you know it, why not disarm them. Oh that's right they need you to help them because the entire middle east wants them dead, and you need them to control the middle east when you leave...that's if you can control them first. And technically didn't you invade Iraq for false reasons, propaganda on your people so they will support you? Aren't you then the terrorists? Well I guess you must be the good guys since you have such a well established propaganda system."

There are no "good" guys, only varying degrees of evil.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Terrorists will always come up with something new. I read the other day where they had a system of email accounts. If one had an idea he'd write an email and save it as a draft in the account, that way it was never sent over the net. Another terrorist who knew the account and password would log in and read the draft. With no message sent there would be nothing to run thru the filters of Eschelon.

As for ATS being the host of terrorist messages, I've never heard of such a thing. The mods here are some of the smartest folks i've ever had the privilage to know and i've no doubt one of them would pick up on it right away. I'm amazed to be in their company at times.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree completely. The fact of the matter is, if you post on the internet, the government can find out your IP address- and in turn find out your identity if you fit the criteria. Unless you post at a public library I don't see how it would be beneficial to terrorists or criminals to do this.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Terrorists can use this forum to communicate!

OMG! The sky is blue! Seriously, we should cut off internet, the phone and the radio, it could trigger terrorists attacks!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Newsnight yesterday revealed how Islamic fundamentalists used forums specifically for their ends. They had a password protected section for more unsavoury discussion. Therefore, although they possibley could use this forum or any other forum to communicate, it is more likely that they don't. Futhermore, wouldn't coded texts work better?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You: Meet CondaLisaLice and say I'm finding it hard to believe we’re in heaven ( then 9/11 times 11).

He: DickChainMe to the Holy Sand, in the land of I Steal; where we meet our Allah who aren’t in heaven. Hollow is thy name, your martyrdom come…. (He lives in Iran; and is building a nuclear bomb).

P.S And deliver us our daily bread, for we are uneducated; and lead us not into contact with woman (for we have many of them) but deliver us from Afghanistan forever and ever, the martyrdom and the glory; Christian say Amen.

Sorry my computer experienced a technical error.
Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if terrorists did use ATS to communicate but it’s just as likely to be the post box; or indeed MyWasteOfSpace.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"The Ducks are on the Pond"
(They know abdul)

"Twilight is upon us"
(Start posting on Yahoo)

Semper

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Posting coded messages on discussion boards is not new. In fact, it's so 'not new' that it's probably not a viable strategy anymore.

Of course the sheer volume of material makes it impossible to have a pair of eyes look at every possible coded message, but software has advanced a fair bit and does a good job (so they say) of narrowing down the amount of material for the analysts to spend time on.

As MrWupy said, the new tech, so to speak, is to have email accounts shared amongst many people. Then, they don't have to send their messages, they just have to save them as drafts and they can communicate without ever transmitting the data.

Anyway, I would think that if terrorists wanted to communicate with one another using a discussion board, they would choose a board less likely to already be under surveillance. Maybe Hello Kitty fanclub website?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
An simple post as:

I was abducted by aliens in Dallas on 26th Dec. last year.

Might actually mean:

We will strike in Denmark on next Dec. 26th.

I guess your statement could be correct. There are many avenues that criminals or terrorists may use to communicate their plans.

What I'm wondering is what is your point with this post? Are you just throwing it out there as a what if? Or are you suggesting that by having open and frank conversations with people of other cultures/countries/idealogies we are supporting a terrorist network??

I stumbled across this site in Sept of this year and I have to say it is one of the best places to start a debate on almost any topic and have people of all different perspectives give you feedback.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can see it now
"In respect of all combat-nist terroris-ts-ts not only are we bringing down
the in-v-eye-or-ment-of-lists-ts but we found the way they are communicating
were gonna have our haxor 13 brigade intersept the 3773t forces of the Al-kady
which will include all of MYSPACE.kom, Blogger.kom, and any other diary/everyday info space there is, after that will be gUgle.kom, where as every search can be and will be a
direct influence to the tear-or-ist re-geam"
(i changed the com to kom for just incase live links)

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think they could use this forum to communicate. I hear that they use ji-haid forums to talk and that they have a password setup and they use codenames, after all it is cia mouthpiece, but I hear that the forum was shut down and it was just reopened again. So why not watch these terrorists in the open and gather intelligence instead of getting bombed with another 9-11 or 7-11 wouldnt that be better?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join