It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I have also had a problem with Scorecard recently. I have no worries about ads and popups, unless they will not close. I tried the "No Thanks" link and it remained. I tried the close X and it remained. I had to refresh my browser a couple of times before I actually was able to move past the ad because it floats on top of everything else in the window.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That "Teen Wolf" ad has got to go.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
That "Teen Wolf" ad has got to go.

I totally agree teen were wolfs a no go. (i doubt it will be going anywhere though)

I thought it was just me!!!!
recent thread on the very subject!!

Why is MTV sponsoring ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone mentioned this kind of ad yet because I really don't want to read through a ton of comments, but I HATE those ads that stays in the middle of the page when you scroll either up or down. And they usually have a tiny, tiny 'x' or 'close' in the corner. They are so tiny sometimes you miss and end up clicking on the ad. I'm sure they count on that. The flashing ones are annoying too. They always give me a headache. Even if I just see it for 5 seconds before I close the window. Hate em!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I haven't read all the responses either but I just hit one of the "roll over" ads as I was getting to the home page. I hate that they open without a click. If I want to look at the ad then let me click on it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I share my concern about Scorecard. I've had it appear twice this evening.
Is it collecting data of any kind ?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I feel I should alert you. Avast blocked an ad. Just pulled up the US political madness forum and avast went nuts. I don't know what ad it was because it thankfully blocked it. This may or may not be a URL that can help you. It's too long to type in, but I'll include a screenshot. The IP address was 64.34.127.134

Screenshot

Just thought you should know before a bad ad hurts any users!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's back....

The annoying flashing ad that sounds off "Congratulations you've won!"... URL goes to
h t t p://mylocalsavings. info/lp/1/?cid=XAJUNE&audio=

Please make it go away....

Thanks,
OiO

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Just before I logged in I saw an ad for American Apparel on the home page. It has revolving pics of women in their lingeree, some of which are transparent and you can see the women's nipples through the outfits.

Seeing as how this is supposed to be a family friendly place I figured I'd make the mods aware of this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here. I've got another one, I'm just trying to hunt it down. It seems to have gone into hiding as soon as it knew I was on to it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27ca404d2e8b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Got another one while hunting for that one that I mentioned earlier. This one leads too, as it says 'Not a Russian bride site' though it does have thousands of hot Russian women you can e-mail and talk to. Presumably so you can be friends.

The website
www.dream-marriage.com...

The ad.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b755afc0c06c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-7-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

sorry Majic but I find animated avatars in members sidebars much more distracting than any ATS ad. supposedly these distracting annoyances are against the law of the ATS land but they turn up in threads regularly. just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The roll over ads for the movie "Just go with it" need to go.

On the same note, all roll over ads need to go. They are rather annoying and are a cheap way to get hits to the site they are advertising.

/Rant

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think one of your advertisers is making false claims

The claim:

Publisher earn $234,342,456.43 from lit.mn

Seems a little suspicious, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net...

Can I complain about this one, just because, holy carp is that a bad photoshop job. Her right arm is apparently WAY shorter than the left. She's utter anatomical insanity. If someone is attracted to that, they may have some very odd fetishes.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This one

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Lmao

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well normally I'm not one to complain, but seeing this ad got me a little mad, especially seeing it here on ATS.
I have not forgotten what they have done and what they are getting away with.

My heart goes out to all who have lost their lives and all the wildlife and ocean life that will never recover.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eddb910cbf0d.jpg[/atsimg]
Can it be removed please.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

LOL

I find this humourous. I think ATS need new people sorting out the advertisements as clearly it's money, money, money rather than morals, morals, morals.

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join