It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I JUST GOT A MALACIOUS "VIRUS SCAN" AD!

Popped after clicking on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48720cd37c20.png[/atsimg]

And before you say maybe I have spyware on my PC, no. I know it came from ATS because I have a max of 23 processes running on my PC at all times and I know what each of them does. I REALLY hope something like this doesn't pop up again, because I know what those fake virus scan ads are capable of.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This ad doesn't do anything bad to the computer, but it has a nasty habit of taking over too much of the screen. It's an ad for Ford trucks, and the mouse over area is larger than it should be. When the ad is up there, above the menu bar, the first one or two times that you go to click on my ats, or recent posts, the ad takes over first, and covers about half the screen.

I have a laptop, so the other people that might have netbooks, or using their phones to access this site must get really irritated at this ad.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

Had the same thing happen to me the other day, it took over the ats tab I had open. Also the flash ads with sound are really iritating, I sometimes have several ats tabs open to different threads I am reading and it takes a minute to figure out which one is the culprit as there are several ads on the main page. I don't mind ads so much but hate when the sound comes on out of the blue, I was on the phone yesterday when one came on and had ask them to wait a minute to figure out which one it was ( was taking too long so I just closed the whole browser just to shut it up and the bad thing was it kept playing for a few seconds more.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Can that Skyline ad be removed please? I did not mouse over the ad, but it still blows up over my entire screen everytime I star a post or click through pages.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Yea that ad is really annoying. The ATS site seems to be getting very commercial now. It seems like it's all about the cash. I'm almost ready to say I'm done with this site. The changes made lately kinda suck. It seems there are ads and toolbars and contact notices popping up like never before. It's too bad because I've been a member for a while now and I consider Ats one of my favorite sites. It is one of the few sites I check daily and spend a lot of time on. I know Ats sometimes fixes these glitches but it seems like there is always something new to slow down the site and annoy the readers. Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

I get why that ad is here; it would appeal to many ATS posters. I don't mind the small ad that you just look at, but the pop-up was driving me bananas. It has not happened yet today *finger crossed*

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Oh the pop up/down is working for me today. I guess your just lucky. I'm sure if you wait long enough it will be back. Like a bad penny.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I made a thread about this skyline ad that is blocking ats content.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its hard to explain properly in words, but this huge animation floats down and covers the posts, and you have wait until it finishes, you can't turn the page, or read anything. If you turn the page, it happens again. It only happens when the skyline ad is in the box at the top, but it can happen over and over, and feels like forever until it goes away.

I reallly hope this ad disappears. Its so annoying. When marketeers, I call them pirates, are that invasive, i will never buy their products. That kind of aggression does not get rewarded. In fact, if corporations really want my money, they would be bending over backwards to demand disclosure, and redistribution of all goods, to end war, and bring out the technology and cancer cures and side with the people. Thats how they earn my respect. I can't think of any offhand that are doing this.

I really hope this ad, will not continue to do this floating animation any longer.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ITS BACK!!!!!

I didn't get the skyline ad yesterday, I thought it was taken care of. Now its back.
So now I still have the stupid Ford ad taking up LOTS of the page when its there, and still again, the skyline ad, literally blocks the page.

It gets kind of hard to read content...... When there is a ad in front of it!
Maybe these ads should at least be see through, if we're forced to look at them?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This Ad is freaking awful .... The SKYLINE ad!!!!!! ... And I got a pic

Please, for the love of God get rid of this ad! It pops up constantly!

Respectfully,

AS
edit on 15-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: resize

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
This Ad is freaking awful .... The SKYLINE ad!!!!!! ... And I got a pic

Please, for the love of God get rid of this ad! It pops up constantly!

Respectfully,

AS
edit on 15-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: resize

Nothing to add, AeonStorm said what I wanted to.
Please take this bad joke out!

XL5

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Once it has made its money, they will take it down OR we don't see it, it must be you.

Never have I seen send your complaints to so and so at where ever but in the mean time we are trying to get this ad taken out of rotation as it effects long time members happyness. You can use the script one of our mods made in the meantime to stop all pop overs *scrpt stoppopovernow.exe scrpt*.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have to agree this ad is extremely annoying! I will go out of my way to never see this movie even if it's on the Movie Channel for free. I get that ATS needs money to keep this amazing site operational, however there is already a huge banner across the top of the recent posts page. If I want to buy it I'll click on the link.

This popup is overboard if you ask me, it appears everytime you click on a new thread. I've seen it enough already

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Bah! The Skyline ad is on every page I turn! Can you guys please remove it? IF not I will have to go back in time with Arnold and eliminate the creators.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I'll join you and Arnold. It has had a negative effect on me in that I'm logging on to ATS less than usual as I'm so annoyed by this damn thing popping up on every page I flip to. Maybe ATS could limit the amount it pops up? Say if you've seen it 5 times you're good for the day.

If something isn't done about it, I for one will be logging on a lot less until this movie is out becaue I for one have had enough of it and it's making my enjoyment of this site painfull.

edit on 17-3-2011 by DEEZNUTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I completely agree about the Skyline ad!! It has been bugging me so much I decided to make a thread just for it. Way too excessive! I really hope it gets taken down soon!

Obnoxious Skyline ad is hindering my quest to deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is what happens now when this ad pops up, and for every page turn. It takes time to click away, or go on its own. Its very annoying. I swear its an attack of the reptiles!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb7106ba75a9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm not getting the Skyline ad on this end

I've alerted the ad network running the ad. Apparently something is wrong with the targeting parameters as there should never be more than one impression for an ad such as that -- meaning you should never see it more than once.

Also, the "(close)" link needs to be more obvious.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That bonestorm ad or whatever it was for xbox was the most annoying ad ever, you didn't even click it or go near it and it opened up. Sorry I hated that ad.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join