It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm not getting the Skyline ad on this end

I've alerted the ad network running the ad. Apparently something is wrong with the targeting parameters as there should never be more than one impression for an ad such as that -- meaning you should never see it more than once.

Also, the "(close)" link needs to be more obvious.

It's been less today, but I've gotten it a handful of times. The past week(?) or so it's been WAY too much. Like Every page.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for taking notice of this! Surprisingly I haven't seen it lately, maybe just luck or something was fixed?? Either way I hope it stays this way

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by latitude39
PLEASE GET RID OF THE STREAMING AD'S - IT'S WORSE THAN SHOUTING!!! Seriously, I'm either going to have to download a different browser to cut out all the streaming ads, or find another repository of information to go to on the web!

I don't have enough bandwidth at home to waste on those kind of ads - and they are worse than pop ups. Also I can't risk using ATS at work anymore, as they monitor our bandwidth there - and I personally try and maintain a very small bandwidth footprint, so that I keep under the radar.

I'm in New Zealand. Not many other sites I frequent play obnoxious streaming ads.

Perhaps it is a CIA or SAS plot to kill ATS - as my immediate response is to close every tab and window until the offending one is gone! OK, joking about CIA and SAS - but advertisers take note - it is a definite switch-off point for this consumer. Alright, rant over.

THANK YOU Skeptic Overlord, or whoever is responsible! Whether it has been an intentional improvement or not, the bad ads have been gone for quite a while, and you can consider me grateful :-)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One of the ads coming up is being blocked by my work, which with the type of security we have may be an indication of something being seriously wrong with it.

From the properties of the ad frame.

adserving.cpxinteractive.com...
edit on 2011/4/12 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why is it that when the Dell advertisement is at the top of ATS the board itself doesn`t load? Well found out it also doesn`t load when it is on the side getting to the board business forum as well.

This is like the 4th time it has happened to me now. 10 counting trying to post on it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know ATS likes to share member IP information with advertisers... But are they speculating on what we are looking for here????

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It actually uses a highly accurate algorithm to try to sell you a product based on your browsing activities...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

It actually uses a highly accurate algorithm to try to sell you a product based on your browsing activities...

Scary.

Also, very wrong, unless someone else has been on this computer while I was traveling?

Still, very funny.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Likely story, bro.

It's ok to admit you have a problem... everyone has problems.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Likely story, bro.

It's ok to admit you have a problem... everyone has problems.

Yeah, and that ad was exactly what I was looking for.

Also, I'm not in Salt Lake City either.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You've got a series of DELL ads that wherever they load everything from that point on the page down doesn't load at all... I've been hitting refresh several times on pages where this ad shows up until it is gone to get to the content on those pages... Maybe this is intentional, but it is not a good way to push your products and services.

You don't allow ad blockers, but it is very tempting when stuff like this is happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You look FOR erectile dysfunction? And someone is selling it?

Are there Middle Ages self-flagellating priests on the board?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Possible inappropriate ad.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f52415e76d1d.jpg[/atsimg]

Not sure why the whole image doesn't show?? The one I uploaded does, please click link.

URL: files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
Possible inappropriate ad.
Please elaborate. Why is it possibly inappropriate?

Because she's not wearing a Burka?

If she's Muslim it may be inappropriate to show a naked shoulder, but not all Arabs are Muslim.

Edit to add:

Not sure why the whole image doesn't show??
Here it is resized to 600 pixels wide:

I just changed the image tags to make it fit. Anything wider than 600 pixels won't show up.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: added text

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Not everyone here is nuts, ya know.

Editted my response... I think it's for a dating site, checked the url. I thought at first it was a meet-for-sex type thing.
edit on 16-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
Not everyone here is nuts, ya know.
I was serious when I asked why it was inappropriate because I couldn't figure it out, and then I made a playful guess with a laughing emoticon which meant I was just joking about the Burka. However numerous ads do have subtle changes made to them for middle eastern markets to avoid offending muslims such as covering the shoulders so I was serious about that too:

Sexy Gisele H&M photos censored for Middle East
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cc455fb25d9.jpg[/atsimg]

T-shirts and vests have been Photoshopped onto the model to cover up Gisele's shoulders and cleavage... In Dubai, women are expected to cover shoulders in public...

So it actually wouldn't have been nuts for someone to ask for the shoulders to be covered up, if the ad made it like that into the wrong market.

I didn't think you were nuts, and your answer cleared it up for me so thanks for the response.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The world's of fun advertisement is rather annoying. Sometimes it just randomly takes over about a third of my screen as I load a page, and it's very loud.

It's hard to read with the sound of a roller-coaster blaring at you.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Seiko because: typo, also thnis ad still sucks

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Scorecard Research. This one is really getting on my nerves. It floats down to the middle of my screen, usually covering what I am trying to read, or it covers a link I am trying to click on. I have had the one show up a few times in the last two days.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join