It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyline AD Blocking ATS Content

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why is the skyline ad on ATS, giving a huge animated scene popping up and covering the posts, for 2 seconds every time you turn the page?

Its crippling and really really annoying.

Please get rid of this add ASAP, no one needs to have that kind of delay when they're scanning threads.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, its stopped now, maybe temporarily, the skyline ad has switched to another, so it may be something relating to that ad itself.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Agreed, got to the point that just about every thread I was looking at that stupid movie ad popped up...or rather down.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes its up again. Those skyline ads are crippling and they need to removed. I consider it an attack of the renegades, happening in our face, like the disasters are.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hey folks,

There is a thread, here, called Skeptic Overlords Worst Ad Hitlist.. It's where SO checks to see if any of the ads are causing problems. It is most definitely bookmark worthy!

I complained a time or two about ads and the problems were resolved fairly quickly!

Hefficide
Forum Moderator

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What’s really annoying is that people are all ways complaining about stupid stuff on the ats, as if life really revolves around them, as if there lil annoying complaints makes the world go round, as if you need a whole thread for this, as if you couldn’t of just pm the situation....as if we really want to hear about it, as if it really matters to the world, as if we really care.

'crippling' lol
edit on 15-3-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Really, the stuff on the ads, isnt' staying up in its box, but is a moving large picture that comes down and blocks the threads, and posts every time you turn the page. And it takes a while to go up again. Its an animation that comes down and interferes with the thread. So if you are scanning pages trying to find a post, it takes much longer. And I won't be buying their product thats for sure. Because I think they're such jerks. It has to be removed ASAP.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Really, the stuff on the ads, isnt' staying up in its box, but is a moving large picture that comes down and blocks the threads, and posts every time you turn the page. And it takes a while to go up again. Its an animation that comes down and interferes with the thread. So if you are scanning pages trying to find a post, it takes much longer. And I won't be buying their product thats for sure. Because I think they're such jerks. It has to be removed ASAP.

ok

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not everyone gets it...its you guys. Nothing of the sort here. Some get it, and based on settings, some do not. (Neither does my 2 work comptrs either.)

PS As long as they are PAYING...you dont think ATS is gonna axe-it do you?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: edit

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

As mentioned above - I have complained about ads that interfere with ATS functionality in the past and my complaints were addressed.

Any ad that interferes with functionality is complaint worthy.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you, I'm going to try to do that shortly, as soon as I have my cup of coffee. The pots nearly done. I don't know how to explain the problem, its not like any ad I've seen, this popup animation floats down, and its large and blocks some of the posts and threads, and you can't turn the page, until its finished, also if you turn the page, it will do it again. I guess thats the way to explain it. So I'll try.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

ATS still lets you adjust your settings in cases where there is a serious functional degradation. They need to read up on their particular browser and make a permanent solution.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I agree with you about it being tres annoying but when it pops down, look at the top right corner of the ad. You will notice a close button, click on it and the ad closes. But it will open again after so the close button just lets you close it faster. Still annoying.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you know how to do a screen capture (push ctrl and printscreen at the same time and then open paint and select "paste") you can host the image online (photobucket, etc) and provide a visual of what is occurring.

Often these can end up being browser specific issues that not everyone experiences. These issues are still addressed though. I know from experience that SO will try to reproduce the error in all browsers, from his own computer, to better understand the problem and find solutions.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I realize that. But realize not everyone is having that problem. So its more than a "conspiracy of advertising"...it doesnt happen to everyone.

Not me, not here, not at home or work. Its settings of yours. You too can have those things disappear...or not appear. "Ya cant blame ATS.

Some stuff will always get thru to some, and not all members...it depends of different things...not ATS's fault (in their defense)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The stupid ad is back...apparently the best staff on the internet don't care about their people. I will not buy an effin movie because I see an ad for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Thank you. I thought it was gone. But it just did it again. However. Why should I X out of an offensive ad that is crippling ATS usage? Surely it can be disabled somewhere. However I'll be looking for that X next time it happens.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That is a good idea. I keep a program on the bottom tray here. My mouse wasn't working, but perhaps in the bottom portions it will.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This ad is seriously annoying. What the bloody hell?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

What’s really annoying is that people are all ways complaining about stupid stuff on the ats, as if life really revolves around them, as if there lil annoying complaints makes the world go round, as if you need a whole thread for this, as if you couldn’t of just pm the situation....as if we really want to hear about it, as if it really matters to the world, as if we really care.

'crippling' lol
edit on 15-3-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

...said the complainer.
2nd line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join