It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of American Armed Forces

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok.. take the current Iraq war. A suspected terrorist(s) have been identified to be operating in a building, firing at Coalition forces. What do you do?
a) Go into the building and identify the terrorists and eliminate them (there might be civilians in the building).
b) Frag the bulding from a safe distance
c) Only counter in the open where the 'enemy' is visible.

a) Possibility of losing soldiers
b) Possibility of killing civilians
c) The 'enemy' isn't uniformed, how can they be identified and countered if they look like ordinary civilians?

[Note: Probably not a good example but i'm just trying to highlight that our soldiers are more important. Civilian losses are inevitable. War is horrendous and no one is openly attacking civilians. I think it's more of a fact of life.]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Another example [need to find link]:

Iran is currently building SAM sights near civilian houses. These Sam sights are firing at our aircraft. DO we fire at them and risk civilian casualties or risk our pilot's lives just incase we kill a civilian?

I am not condoning war but feel sometimes it is inevitable.. And in this case the thought of killing civilians is bad.. yet our 'soldiers' shouldn't have to take risks for the good of the cause. Civilian losses..like war is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesmickael

Originally posted by Sep
IHopefully these ugly weapons of war will not be used by either side, and a peaceful solution can be found to this problem, because at the end of the day it is always the civilians and the weak who are injured by wars.

Well said Sep, I agree with you 100%.
Lets hope there is moderation and dialogue on both sdes and that we all learn lessons of the past.

i love how you both post these "understanding words", because you are both so open minded and ready to love each other's culture

yet very soon you will both be rallying behind your flag and talking trash about blowing the crap out of each other.. then you will be killing each other, because youre both so open minded and ready to love each other's culture

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
yet very soon you will both be rallying behind your flag and talking trash about blowing the crap out of each other.. then you will be killing each other, because youre both so open minded and ready to love each other's culture

If there was a war then we would both be backing our own countries of course.

All I was saying was I hope it doesn't come to that.

There are other ways to settle disputes without having to resort to the use of these weapons.

Lets hope a settlement can be found - because there would be thousands dead and injured on both sides, win or lose.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I will personally be shocked. The only way things will equal out is if the nuclear programme is dropped.

I feel there if things aren't resolved after the country is inspected war will be inevitable. I don't think nuclear weapons will be used.. yet a certain 'domino effect' of war my concour and lead to nuclear weapons being used.

I'm almost certain in the conflict Israel will land grab and thus adding to exisiting tensions in the Middle East. I really do think a nuclear war won't happen. War? I wouldn't like to say as of yet, it can still go either way.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Respect to the Black Hawk and the Chinook...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know its funny because the world is starting to underestimate our military in a way. We got many tricks up our sleeve!

Heres just one of many weapons:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Amusing thread people.

But I think Crakeur got it right with the Swiss Army knife.

Thats all they got and no-one's invaded them for years.

Its got to be said though the raw awesome power of destruction of these things make for some pretty pictures.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You know its funny because the world is starting to underestimate our military in a way. We got many tricks up our sleeve!

Heres just one of many weapons:

And When Jack Bauer doesnt get the job done, we have to unleash the ultimate American Weapon:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just got passed this video. Talk about something. If you thought the GAU-8 was awesome on the plane........

www.dacoleman.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Il Papa
Thats all they got and no-one's invaded them for years.

The Swiss Army also protects the Pope. Attacking them may bring about some serious slapping around from a Higher Power.

Yeah, that's right... A MOAB!

Originally posted by WolfofWar

The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.

[edit on 4/8/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I just got passed this video. Talk about something. If you thought the GAU-8 was awesome on the plane........

WOW..
SO thats the mechanism. Sounds nothing like a gun or cannon.
Incredible, and thanks for that video.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
lets not forget our navy!!!!

DDX
external image

CGX

LCS

most people know of the DDX but the CGX they're both destroyers designed to replace the aerleigh burke and ticonderoga class

www.navy.com...
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.navyleague.org...

FRee electron lasers,HPM weapons,AEGIS this is one navy you dont wanna mess with!!!!! www.astronautix.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Imagine if we dropped millions of dollars on them... Why are we not making the same effort in making amazing machines that make electricity. When is it enough.

We do dump millions and millions of dollars into just about every country around the world as aide. We give countries money, food, and protection when they need it. Personally, I say we pull all of that out for a while just so all those countries that we're helping (where most people hate the US) can see how craptastic their lives would be without us in it.

If we sold just a few B-2's, no one in America would have to rent their home, or take out a second mortgage on the home their bank owns. And we would still have plenty of B-2's to protect our citizens.

Sell them to whom? Considering the amount technology in it, and the fact that the plane is litterally worth more than its weight on gold, why would the government even be willing to sell it?

I sense that this thread isn't about weapons of war, but to intimidate anybody who disagrees with the mighty military, enemy or not.

Uh, go back to the first page and read the opening post. I explained fully and honestly why I started this thread.

Accidentally killing innocentes under the guise of war is not OK.

In my opinion, it's thinking like that that is keeping us from defeating the Iraqi Insurgency. In WWII how many civilians were killed by either side? Hundreds of thousands, if not even millions. Why? Because if you're stupid enough to not hide while a battle is going on or get out before hand, you're just asking for trouble. Would the enemy, if the battle were being faught on American soil, keep themselves from attacking and killing civilians?

Oh... Wait...

AGAIN, THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD! ALSO, THANKS TO THE MODS FOR RESIZING PICS!

[edit on 4/8/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have to go take an Iran and whipe my Iraq.

Please, we developed he most stunning military technology for over 50 years in our battle with russia. You think iran poses ANY threat to our power. They are like little punk on the block waiting to be slapped into reality.

I say we mIRV their palaces right now, get it over with.

Train

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Please, we developed he most stunning military technology for over 50 years in our battle with russia. You think iran poses ANY threat to our power. They are like little punk on the block waiting to be slapped into reality.

Funny, people took that stance during Vietnam and once again in GWII... Look how well we did and are doing. If Iran posed no threat we would be worrying about the country as much as we're worrying about the Djibouti military right now.

I say we mIRV their palaces right now, get it over with.

I'm not advocating war in this thread, and I would ask that you do not either. Please use PTS for that, if you want. The purpose of this thread is to just display the "Military Might" that the USA has. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
stompk if you really wanted to criticize american military spending there's other topic discussion areas for that. They must have a good reason for the US to spend so much in the military. If we sold B 2's who knows waht would happena ountry could produce more and like sell them to like irn oor north korea or something the last thing we need is people sneaking into our airspace dropping nukes on us. A lot of people hate the US we need good deterrants. I dont see how your notion is more logical than US policy no offense though just trying to point things out.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Just wondering, how many people could we feed from the amount of what just one of the bombs that B-2 Bomber is dropping, let alone the cost of the bomber? I'm not against the guy/gals dropping those bombs, I'm against the leaders who seem to think everything in America is just great and we need to go out there in this mean old world and save everybody by dropping million dollar bombs on them. Imagine if we dropped millions of dollars on them, then would Americans still think it's OK. No. But it's OK to destroy in the name of freedom? Yes, these are amazing machines. Why are we not making the same effort in making amazing machines that make electricity. When is it enough. When everybody else is dead, because are enemies sure aren't stepping down because of the amazing death machines. If we sold just a few B-2's, no one in America would have to rent their home, or take out a second mortgage on the home their bank owns. And we would still have plenty of B-2's to protect our citizens. Just a little insight from a Gulf War Vet.

Is what I'm saying making you mad? What are you going to do. Come bomb me too, in the name of peace and freedom?

[edit on 8-4-2006 by stompk]

Good Lord, that is dumbest thing I have ever read. OBL is a MILLIONAIR the rest of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from well of families. The didn't attack the US because they're poor. The did because the think their stupid moon good demands it.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
US forces can't even handle poorly armed iraqi insurgents, let alone better-armed & trained masses of iranian forces.

KEEP IT REAL

at least its not a bunch of old broken down soviet tanks and crap, we make our own military vehicles

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i didnt write that us army sucks thing, i copied it wrong from another comment thing, but the whole thing about the us not using soviet stuff i wrote, and how could everyone forget the AC-130!!!!!!!!

"http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130-spectre-44.jpg"

Edited to try and fix your pic, it didn't work.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by mrwupy]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join