It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has appointed its first ever UFO-Director

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
nypost.com...

The truth is still out there.

NASA announced Thursday that it has appointed its first-ever director of UFOs to lead experts who’ve yet to see proof of alien spacecraft — but still have no idea what a number of mysterious flying objects actually are.

The space agency admitted the ongoing mystery while releasing findings from a yearlong independent study into reported sightings of what are now formally referred to as “unidentified anomalous phenomena,” or UAP.

“The top takeaway from the study is that there is a lot more to learn,” NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said, declaring his desire to take the conversation “from sensationalism to science.”

“The NASA independent study team did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin.

“But we don’t know what these UAP are,” he said.

Many reported sightings have been attributed to planes, drones, balloons or weather conditions, the investigation found, without elaborating on specific cases still perplexing experts.

He dismissed rumors that the US government — or any other — is hiding aliens or their spacecraft, saying: “Show me the evidence.”

“The mission of NASA is to find out the unknown … Whatever we find, we’re going to tell you,” he said, promising that “NASA will do this transparently.”

That transparency, however, did not stretch to NASA’s new director of UFOs, who remains unidentified, just like the flying objects he is examining.

That decision was blamed on threats and harassment already aimed at the 16-person panel behind the independent study, which cost just under $100,000.

NASA is often known for their lack of transparency and it seems to took them decades to acknowledge the existence of unidentified flying objects and other aerial phenomena that used to be branded as conspiracy theories.

Initially the Agency didn't want to release the name of its first ever UFO-Director, they obviously had a second thought, and the newly appointed UFO boss is Mark McInerney, who was previously NASA’s liaison to the Defense Department, will become the research director for UAP.

www.politico.com...

I wonder whether in NASA they haven't yet heard of the congressional hearings on UFOs and UAPs (the very recent ones) or they know nothing about information released from the US Navy, other Government Agencies, Military Personnel, the public and so on.

But nevermind, the entire phenomenon has been through many stages, from ridicule initially to denial later on, to ignoring it altogether after ridicule and denial didn't work as intended, to now appoint a UFO-Director at NASA.

Times have changed dramatically as it seems.
edit on 14-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
They just created a small separated unit to deal with all the crazy, a bin bag to sweep all the UFO stuff into, or lets just call it a dark hole that will eat it up and make things disappear.

Meanwhile on the other side of the street the real shop lies that mainly focus on exploring all the real stuff, like alien contact.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Let them alone, let them conduct their scientific AI and meta data let's see what's out there. Don't be a dick.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
They just created a small separated unit to deal with all the crazy, a bin bag to sweep all the UFO stuff into, or lets just call it a dark hole that will eat it up and make things disappear.

Meanwhile on the other side of the street the real shop lies that mainly focus on exploring all the real stuff, like alien contact.

This is what I am thinking.
But they've tried to bin the thousands of cases over the last 7-8 decades and it didn't seem to work. It's too late to cover it up btw or deny it altogether.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Such short-sighted minds here.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
thehill.com...

Mexico seems to be having congressional hearings about UAPs

A pair of alien “bodies” were displayed in Mexico’s Congress on Tuesday as part of the country’s first hearing on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs).

UFO enthusiast Jaime Maussan brought the specimens to Mexico City, claiming that they were recovered in Peru in 2017. He said carbon dating shows that they are between 700 and 1,800 years old

This is the first time extraterrestrial life is presented in such a form, and I think there is a clear demonstration that we are dealing with non-human specimens that are not related to any other species in our world and that any scientific institution can investigate it,” Maussan said.

But of course this is the opinion of Mr Maussan. So far nobody has proven these are alien bodies.

I am sure NASA will have an interest in this story but again the claim made isn't accompanied with any evidence what is presented are alien bodies.
edit on 14-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Oh bro man.. did you even watch the live presentation of the trash bin ?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: quintessentone

Oh bro man.. did you even watch the live presentation of the trash bin ?

The people in charge would happily blame UFOs on political opponents, and then proceed with their war on not getting paid enough, while happily destroying the lives of everyone else.

If there is disclosure, it won't be without a scam.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

“The NASA independent study team did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin.

Well every time something interesting happens on the live feed, you shut it off!!

"Extraterrestrial" being the keyword, perhaps someone should ask if they're inter-dimensional then, but as soon as they would ask, the feed would cut off so what's the use.
🤷🏻

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   
NASA has appointed its first ever UFO-Misdirector

There, I fixed the thread title.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Man, this is all a joke. A sick psyop. Aliens?? If that ever were to be true, you would never ever know. And, come on, what we see is just us, doing our secret war sh!t.

I mean, I wish aliens would show up.

I love how in the 60' the UFO has rivets around their round windows.

Open your eyes and open your mind, and use some logic. We have all the tech in place. Holograms, Audio implants via waves, lasers toasting entire towns. The average person is unfortunately so beaten down with lies, that have ramped up exponentially since 9/11, that -- the average person would now probably believe this nonsense. They'll go outside and look up and 'see' the giant ships shooting lasers down into buildings. They will willingly cling to the NWO out of fear and lack of logic.

But yeah, this is what is 'playing' on the current 'Program' for our 'consumption' - so, wow, 'I totally can't believe they are really going to do it guys! Disclosure! yeah! the government really sucks, but man, not this time it seems'! 'Mission accomplished!!' Woo Hoo!

Anyways, if you believe this nonsense, you'll probably believe the full rollout coming to an afternoon sky near you. But don't worry - they'll have a vaccine that will cause the aliens to not bother you. But they do ask that you cover your face in their presence. so, um, yeah....

edit on 15-9-2023 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In a word.

N ever
A
S traight
A nswer

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Well every time something interesting happens on the live feed, you shut it off!!

"Extraterrestrial" being the keyword, perhaps someone should ask if they're inter-dimensional then, but as soon as they would ask, the feed would cut off so what's the use.
🤷🏻

That conclusion isn't consistent with what other experts and personnel in the armed forces have said over a number of years.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
In a word.

N ever
A
S traight
A nswer

There are reasons for which NASA cannot release information, mostly related with national security, but you're right in your observations.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: quintessentone

Man, this is all a joke. A sick psyop. Aliens?? If that ever were to be true, you would never ever know. And, come on, what we see is just us, doing our secret war sh!t.

I mean, I wish aliens would show up.

I love how in the 60' the UFO has rivets around their round windows.

Open your eyes and open your mind, and use some logic. We have all the tech in place. Holograms, Audio implants via waves, lasers toasting entire towns. The average person is unfortunately so beaten down with lies, that have ramped up exponentially since 9/11, that -- the average person would now probably believe this nonsense. They'll go outside and look up and 'see' the giant ships shooting lasers down into buildings. They will willingly cling to the NWO out of fear and lack of logic.

But yeah, this is what is 'playing' on the current 'Program' for our 'consumption' - so, wow, 'I totally can't believe they are really going to do it guys! Disclosure! yeah! the government really sucks, but man, not this time it seems'! 'Mission accomplished!!' Woo Hoo!

Anyways, if you believe this nonsense, you'll probably believe the full rollout coming to an afternoon sky near you. But don't worry - they'll have a vaccine that will cause the aliens to not bother you. But they do ask that you cover your face in their presence. so, um, yeah....

LOL please EM you got nothing but your beliefs and opinions too.

You do know you can your psyops, holograms, and 60-foot UFOs with rivets and still have unexplained UAPS and other phenomena that may be as real as the nose on your face.

You don't know, hell neither does NASA or the DoD

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
NASA has appointed its first ever UFO-Misdirector

There, I fixed the thread title.

They're very late in this game...

But I am sure they have been looking into UAPs for a very long time now.
edit on 17-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   

In terms of NASA's approach to the UFO phenomena, my guess would be that NASA has been toeing whatever line was given to them by other factions of the federal government. Their role would seem to be less than one might first assume.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

In terms of NASA's approach to the UFO phenomena, my guess would be that NASA has been toeing whatever line was given to them by other factions of the federal government. Their role would seem to be less than one might first assume.

Cheers

That's what I think too.
But there has been some leaking of information from those who are frustrated inside NASA and from those who have close contacts with them. I think the best whistleblowers are the ones who work for the government (but that could be a guess)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
In a word.

N ever
A
S traight
A nswer

That's four words?

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well, Carp, Britannica sez:

A and an are two different forms of the same word: the indefinite article a that is used before noun phrases. Use a when the noun or adjective that comes next begins with a consonant sound. Use an when the noun or adjective that comes next begins with a vowel sound.

So, yeah, four words. I like this one:

Now,
Another
Silly
Answer

Cheers
edit on 17-9-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join