It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supposedly has 33% of the Entire Worlds Covid Infections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

This one is a few weeks old but the chart should give you a good idea of what is happening.
www.businessinsider.com...

If the claim that all deaths are being blamed on COVID-19 was true then other causes of deaths woukd drop, they are not. In fact deaths from other causes have also gone up.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I thought I was being logical

By comparing Corona virus with basketball ?

If a person is living with an ongoing condition and after contracting Corona virus they die then obviously they died of or because of Corona virus , if they hadn't contracted the virus they would likely have continued living with their ongoing condition.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What I’m saying is, the numbers don’t need to be inflated. Yet they are doing it for the sole purpose of fear.

If people found out the true numbers, all fear would be quelled.

There is nothing to fear about this virus, unless you have serious pre-existing health conditions.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: KKLOCO

A poor response from our so called leadership. It also does not help that Trump called this a conspiracy months ago and his faithful seem to still believe that.

First, you say this^^^^
Then in another post you talk about "alt-right conspiracy theories" and then about how you "don't have cable and do my own research"....
Lies.
You don't research.
How do I know?
Because you claim Trump called this a conspiracy months ago.
Actually research and show me.
You can't.
It's lies.
You just happened to fall for it cause it fits the narrative you want to believe.
Stop being a puppet, a talking head, sheep or what ever.
Do some honest research and stop parroting everything from the left.
They are not your friends. Trust me.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There is nothing to fear about this virus, unless you have serious pre-existing health conditions.

That's not true , people without underlying health conditions have died , so far over 100 NHS staff and care workers have died.
If you catch Corona virus it's a flip of the coin whether it hits you or passes you by , if it hits you it hits hard.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Remember folks, we were told that 2.2 million people would die from this bug by the parroting mockingbird media.

The CDC dropped it 60k deaths to the 30k range of "confirmed" deaths the other day.

Yet questioning the fear mongering being promoted versus the actual fraud of the whole thing from the get go, makes you a crazy right winger. roflmao

That is something I find the most fascinating about the situation.

I in fact take the situation seriously; I do not think its a hoax and by and large I think most people involved are trying to do the right thing ... even some of those people who may be manipulating the date I can believe that they are doing so because they think it will cause a desired effect that is beneficial to the situation (scary people enough they stay home more)

But believing that people by and large have good intentions is not the same as believing they are taking the correct course of action.

And your point of moving goal posts is a perfect example of this.

I don't know what sources of hard data to believe; there are so many sources and so many different degrees of data that it is almost impossible to know which is correct at any given time.

As a manufacturing engineer I am often presented with a similar dilemma. Lots of data, much of it in conflict. I have learned a long time ago that it is a waist of time to address one peace of information individually; so many factors (some of which I don't know I don't know I am missing) can contribute to the data. Instead I use trends to address the situation; whuch direction does all the data go when looked at holistically rather than individually. It is really the only way to know that I am taking all the inputs into consideration.

Over the last two months of different curves, infection rates, death rates: One thing sticks out like a sore thumb. No mater which direction the data goes as a whole the news media and our elected leaders pretend as if the data hasn't changed. That it is as bad (or even good in some case) as they thought the week before.

What they are doing is pretending that they are making the right choices no matter what the data says. They are grading themselves first and than finding ways to use the data to support their preconceived (and desired) notions. The data has become irrelevant no matter what it says.

There is a very simple fact why they are doing this and it doesn't require some big conspiracy to harm or help a individual or group of people. Its because they are not equipped to be leaders; they simply do not know how to lead. So they take the easy approach of being reactionary and do what they can to cover their @ss.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I thought I was being logical

By comparing Corona virus with basketball ?

If a person is living with an ongoing condition and after contracting Corona virus they die then obviously they died of or because of Corona virus , if they hadn't contracted the virus they would likely have continued living with their ongoing condition.

How long would they continue to live? If coronavirus never occurred and they died the next week while playing basketball what does the medical report than read?

If you don't like Basketball; substitute it with something else. Having a coughing fit after taking a bad drag of a cigarette perhaps is more acceptable to you.

edit on 4-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Remember folks, we were told that 2.2 million people would die from this bug by the parroting mockingbird media.

The CDC dropped it 60k deaths to the 30k range of "confirmed" deaths the other day.

Yet questioning the fear mongering being promoted versus the actual fraud of the whole thing from the get go, makes you a crazy right winger. roflmao

GREAT VIDEO! I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this twat doctor before. 2.2 million deaths my a$$.

BTW, that deserves a thread of its own.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There is no way to know what is truly going on at this point. Everybody has their own agenda. States want Federal money, politicians want to hurt other politicians, 85% or more of the media is staunch left leaning so of course they are in this for political reasons. The remaining right outlets also have their own stance.

All I know is those Navy medic ships saw almost nobody, a bunch of makeshift hospitals closed almost as soon as they opened and we have a surplus of ventilators which may not even be helping from some reports and could be doing more harm than good.

Then this "essential" worker nonsense. Some stores can be open some not. If it generates a lot of tax revenue though it's likely still open which is completely stupid. Then the former President playing golf while his wife tells everyone to stay home. The whole thing is starting to look like a bunch of 5 years old trying to make pancakes and waffles while mommy and daddy are still in bed.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What they are doing is pretending that they are making the right choices no matter what the data says. They are grading themselves first and than finding ways to use the data to support their preconceived (and desired) notions. The data has become irrelevant no matter what it says.

DING, DING, DING — Ladies and Gentlemen.... we have a WINNER!!!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Edumakated

The 1.2 million you are referencing are just those who have been tested. There have been multiple studies showing far more have the virus. Even Cuomo admitted something like 40% of New Yorkers have Covid already based on their studies.

Exactly. I’m begging for a test. I guarantee I’ve got the antibodies. Pretty sure I had it in late February.

If the world were to find out that at least 50%+ of us have been infected, with little to no symptoms — it would blow the lid off this panicdemic.

Same here, I want to get an antibody test, I am 99% positive I had it on Christmas day, it started Christmas morning for me.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I did no such thing as moving the goal posts. If anything I may have shown some disturbing truths that might hurt your narrative.

It's a fact that the MSM pushed a death rate of 2.2 million and the CDC reduced their numbers of deaths.

Since we are talking about Corona Chan and the numbers being put out, the FACT remains we were lied too.

You shiver in fear behind your personal border wall all you care too. But many are aware of the lies and hypocrisy of the elite and it's subjects and are ready to get life back to normal.

I didn't even get into the draconian treatment of citizens by power hungry tyrants. In what world is are you living in that you think it's okay for a governor to shut down private businesses? Why is Joe's cafe shut down yet every Corporate owned food chain is allowed to operate?
edit on 4-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

we have a surplus of ventilators which may not even be helping from some reports and could be doing more harm than good.

Yup, I’ve heard many doctors reporting the same.

Just like WHO claimed no person to person transmission. Face masks are unnecessary, right?

The list is insurmountable.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Just did a check to see if Trump was going to have a speech today. Curious if he was going to make any statements that the virus was intentionally created in Wuhan. I’m a little weary if these statements come, as they could escalate to WWIII.

Right off the bat, I noticed something on the site that wasn’t there the last time I checked. Here you go:

factba.se...

Notice the section at the top that gives the worlds infections as well as the United States.

Notice those numbers:
World: 3,593,627
US: 1,191,140

According to google the worlds population is 7.59 billion. Population of US is 328.2 million. This means that the US is about 4.3% of the worlds population. Yet SOMEHOW, we have a whopping 1/3 of the worlds total infections for this virus.

How is this possible?

You haven't been following the research, I take it. In part, it's because some countries are underreporting numbers (who knows what the accurate count is in India,) If you've actually watched the US numbers and our policy, you will see that we were late to take action and we've been early to relax standards.

The rate of infection (charted on a graph) for the US looks a lot like the rate in smaller countries (smaller populations) who did the same thing.

Graph of infection rates over time: Italy, UK, France, Spain, many other countries follow the same trajectory

edit on 4-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I disagree. The claim they are inflating the numbers to instill fear is outrageous, yet many right leaning folks believe this is the case. It is more likely they are doing tge opposite to prevent widespread fear and panic.

While we should not be paralyzed by our fear, we also deserve to know the facts and data as they become available.

There has been some evidence this virus could be similar to HIV, meaning no immunity and once infected a person will have a compromised immune system for the rest of their life.

There is a thread discussing this:
Coronavirus Could Attack Immune System Like HIV And Other Known Symptoms

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

There has been some evidence this virus could be similar to HIV, meaning no immunity and once infected a person will have a compromised immune system for the rest of their life.

OMG, You just took fear mongering to whole new level.

I can’t wait for this thing to blow over. I’m guessing you won’t be back to admit you were wrong....

You must be older with pre existing health conditions.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I said Trump called the virus a hoax, this is well documented. Trump is actually trying to sue to prevent that clip from being broadcast....that is the real conspiracy, how our President attacks freedom of the press and tries to censor anything that hurts his ego

Trump Sues to Remove Video Saying Coronavirus is a Hoax

He called the virus 'their new hoax'...their referring to Democrats. This thread is proof that Trump's faithful still think the statistics from the virus is a hoax to make Trump look bad.
edit on 4-5-2020 by jrod because: Add mo

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
He is trying to get the edited video taken down. It was slashed and hacked to make it sound like he said something he did not say. I know because I have seen it.
I did not vote for him but I see how unfairly he is treated.
All one has to do is be honest. Before spewing disinformation, thinking it is truth, check out the facts.
Most people are too lazy and just want believe it so bad that "it must be true".

Most of the time when we close our eyes and stick our fingers in our ears, our Party Lines can become Trip Wires.
Watch your step.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I did not start that thread, but it is a valid hypothesis.

This is pathetic on your part, take this virus threat seriously and bring up.valid studies that confirm the threat and why we should take this seriously and I am fear mongeror.

Meanwhile you pretend the virus is all hype and the echo chamber applauds you.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

THIS is from the Link YOU provided:

The letter took issue in particular with the opening of the video, which stitched together Trump saying the phrases "the coronavirus" and "this is their new hoax."
(Bold Mine)
You didn't even read your own link...........
Pretty much made my point for me.
Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join