It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supposedly has 33% of the Entire Worlds Covid Infections

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Sweden does not have the stupidity problem and self righteousness the US has.

Their population as a whole is smart enough to take proper precautions and practice social distancing when practical.

As evident on this thread, too many US citizens refuse to accept the virus as real and think simple precautions like wearing a mask to the grocery store is taking away their freedom.

If we did not have so many dumbasses who refuse to take simple precautions, like wearing a mask in a store then we would not have needed the shut down.
edit on 6-5-2020 by jrod because: G

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

So you have a big problem with American civil liberties.

I wouldn't be running around calling others names.
edit on 6-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The U.S. has done roughly 160% more testing per capita than Sweden (22,980 versus 14,380 per million people).

Perhaps not coincidentally, the U.S. also has roughly 160% more confirmed cases per capita than Sweden (3,650 versus 2,250 per million people).

edit on 2020/5/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You think wearing a mask to the grocery store infringes on your liberty??

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

No, but virtual house arrest, censorship, shutting down the economy, and herding us around like cattle — DOES

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I've been in the hospital here and it was dead ass empty.

I saw what the virus did to my in-laws who both have health problems. It was back in November, my father in law survived with OTC meds and Afrin, my mother in law survived with no medicine.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

We(the US) are nowhere close to testing the most people per population, per capita tests.

The US has tested about 24,000 per 1 million. Spain has tested 41,000 per million, Italy 38,000....

The primary reason the US has by far the most infections is a direct result of a poor response from the government.

Because of poor response from the Government really ?

Lets strap some gloves on Covid-19 and Then Strap some gloves on POTUS and have them fight it out in the ring. What more could we have done ? People stayed in side and went know where and still caught the damn virus, and so what if there testing more per million we still have a massive population and have tested over 8million which in turn means more victims end of story.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It’s honesty time.

You are retired, over 65, with pre-existing medical conditions. Right?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nope. Im in my 30s, great health, in shape ect..

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You believe that your in-laws had the virus back in November.....wow just wow.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If you stay inside, yet have friends and family over, yiu can still get it.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yep.

Haven't needed one in 50 years.

Until a bunch of hypochrondriacs lost their snip.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If you stay inside, yet have friends and family over, yiu can still get it.

Is that what I said ? Friends and Family visited these people ?

No that is not what I said I'm talking about people whom I know were completely Isolated.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thanks Trump you scumbag jerk.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yep.

Haven't needed one in 50 years.

Until a bunch of hypochrondriacs lost their snip.

Private businesses can institute this all they want, no infringement.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

The U.S. has done roughly 160% more testing per capita than Sweden (22,980 versus 14,380 per million people).

Perhaps not coincidentally, the U.S. also has roughly 160% more confirmed cases per capita than Sweden (3,650 versus 2,250 per million people).

And Sweden has a higher death rate per million people — 291 vs 226 for the USA.

Some of the stats I see re: covid19 are baffling. For example, Singapore has a slightly lower rate of infection than we do, but a death rate of only 3 per million people. Iceland has a 38 percent higher infection rate than we do, but a death rate of 29 per million. Our infection rate is only 61 percent that of Qatar’s, yet their death rate is 4 per million.

It makes me wonder how accurate tests are from country to country, and how honest the reporting is.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: My second double post of the day.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sweden does not have the stupidity problem and self righteousness the US has.

Their population as a whole is smart enough to take proper precautions and practice social distancing when practical.

As evident on this thread, too many US citizens refuse to accept the virus as real and think simple precautions like wearing a mask to the grocery store is taking away their freedom.

If we did not have so many dumbasses who refuse to take simple precautions, like wearing a mask in a store then we would not have needed the shut down.
Why does Sweden have a higher death rate than America (291 vs 226 per million) if Swedes are so much smarter? And isn’t it racist to say Swedes are smarter than Americans, of whom only 60 percent are non-Hispanic white? Are you hinting at the higher rate of infections and deaths among U.S. blacks and Hispanics? I’m offended!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: Box of Rain

And Sweden has a slightly higher death rate per million people — 291 vs 226 for the USA.

Yes. And Sweden has a higher rate of people testing positive than the U.S. (15.6% to 15.4%). Other European countries with higher positive test rates than the U.S. are France, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

One reason the United States' positive rate is high might be due to the fact that there is a limited number of tests for such a large population that the tests are being mostly done on at-risk people, or people who may have been exposed to the virus.

I bet if they tested at random, or tested all 330 million people, the positive rate would be lower.

edit on 2020/5/7 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join