It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supposedly has 33% of the Entire Worlds Covid Infections

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If you catch Corona virus it's a flip of the coin whether it hits you or passes you by , if it hits you it hits hard.

No it isnt anything like a flip of the coin. The vast majority of ppl infected have no symptoms or very mild symptoms.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think you are incorrect. I believe the higher US numbers are due to higher reporting of infections. The reality is FAR more people have had this across than current data shows us. It also means it’s far less deadly than we are told. I agree death count in the US is being misrepresented to look more dangerous.

Or perhaps a more conspiracy minded idea, there was an intentional effort by some party to spread the virus in the US. Perhaps for economic damage, political damage, to grow authoritarian controls, establish new world orders, issue the mark of the beast? Fill in the ___ reason.

a reply to: KKLOCO

edit on 5-5-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You're taking it personally. Don't hate or blame rich people as a group. The hatred is towards the system which allows this kind of corruption. a reply to: Teikiatsu

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
According to my numbers, which I derived from worldometers.info, the USA is on par with the EU in terms of percentage of worldwide cases. That is, both the US and the EU each have about a third of the world total.

We are looking at this wrong by splitting the EU by country. If one insists in doing that, we should also split by US state.

Note, I counted UK, Switzerland and Denmark as EU countries since they're part of the continent of Europe.

Country.............. EU.............. USA
Total Cases.......... 1,280,493 .... 1,224,244
New Cases........... 11,004........ 11,409
Total Deaths......... 140,929...... 71,136
New Deaths.......... 1,501......... 1,215
Total Recovered..... 524,123...... 192,177
Active Cases......... 614,847...... 960,931
Serious, Critical..... 13,923....... 16,168
Tot Cases/1M pop... 55,188....... 3,699
Deaths/1M pop...... 4,433......... 215
Total Tests ........... 13,148,489.. 7,599,814
Tests/1M pop......... 828,870...... 22,960

Ever wonder why those of us on the US are ready to get on with life? Look at "Total Deaths", "Tot Cases/1M pop" and "Deaths/1M pop". In the US, it's a drop in the proverbial bucket.

According to Google my state, Georgia, has 29K cases with 1,246 deaths. The closest European (but not EU) country is Switzerland with 30K cases and 1,790 deaths.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
According to my numbers, which I derived from worldometers.info, the USA is on par with the EU in terms of percentage of worldwide cases. That is, both the US and the EU each have about a third of the world total.

We are looking at this wrong by splitting the EU by country. If one insists in doing that, we should also split by US state.

Note, I counted UK, Switzerland and Denmark as EU countries since they're part of the continent of Europe.

Ever wonder why those of us on the US are ready to get on with life? Look at "Total Deaths", "Tot Cases/1M pop" and "Deaths/1M pop". In the US, it's a drop in the proverbial bucket.

According to Google my state, Georgia, has 29K cases with 1,246 deaths. The closest European (but not EU) country is Switzerland with 30K cases and 1,790 deaths.

Nice work

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Also, Europe is waaay ahead of us in total deaths and many European nations have much higher rates of infection. European nations (I’m including the UK and Ireland) have suffered about 135,000 deaths so far compared to 71,000 for the USA. A number of European nations have much higher, or at least equal, rates of infection compared to us, including some highly socialized nations liberals think are just about perfect, like Belgium, the Netherlands, France, the UK, Sweden and Switzerland. The Left fixates on our total numbers of deaths and infections, instead of comparing deaths and infections per capita.
edit on 5-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The facts and figures shown are as correct as can be for the moment but why, oh why can nobody see that it's an ongoing situation? The infections are still increasing as are the deaths and will continue to do so, as long as measures aren't taken. Comparisons between any country or region or state or whatever you like are of no use. The virus is going to spread, social distancing works to a degree but only if it is observed. I'm in Spain and we have enforced quarantine, yes everyone believes this is taking away our liberties. We are are now in a state of relaxing the quarantine after 7 weeks and so far so good. The virus will take away your liberty forever it's only agenda is death to the unfortunate. Which is better? To be alive or a statistic?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The U.S. doesn't necessarily have a higher rate of people with the virus, they have a greater confirmed total number. That's likely due to the fact that the U.S. has done much more testing.

The rest of the world may have many more cases that are unknown or not being reported due to less testing.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You are stupid if you think the infection numbers are made up to wreck the economy.

After the last three years of Russia lies,illegally spying,Failed impeachments.

No real candidate to run against Trump except a old senile creep named Biden.

They aren't stupid.

Anyone believing the media going in four years later of epically lying whenever they got the chance.

Are the 'stupid' ones.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And they are inflated.

Straight from the CDC website itself.

www.cdc.gov...

Forget immedidate cause.

It's the Wuflu twice removed.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: jrod
You are stupid if you think the infection numbers are made up to wreck the economy.

Not a single person posting this nonsense works in the medical field nor has seen first hand what the virus can do.

Since we are so stupid, why don’t you explain for us how the US is 4.3% of the worlds population, yet somehow has 33% if the worlds infections?

Don’t forget about the plethora of doctors and nurses in the US, who have reported that they are being pressured to report every death as Covid.

How accurate and what methods are being used in each country to calculate the corona deaths? Do they even test for the disease? China has lower numbers yet YouTube videos of apartment buildings being welded shut? China for example would want to minimize as that is where it all started.

Maybe in the USA, they disbursed it with contrails or something else.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Easy we have tested the most people nearly 8,000,000.

So we have the most infected.

Russia is in second, but they are definatly lying about there numbers . www.cnn.com...

They are taking classic Russian measures to keep it under control.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
The link you provied does NOT justify your claim and I seriously you even bothered to read it.

Once again the numbers are NOT being inflated. All evidence points to the numbers being undrcounted NOT inflated.

That claim is something that the alt-right has been to clinging despite zero evidence justify it.

www.voanews.com...

amp.usatoday.com...

www.voanews.com...

www.wusa9.com...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Someone DIDN'T read it.

Try again.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

We(the US) are nowhere close to testing the most people per population, per capita tests.

The US has tested about 24,000 per 1 million. Spain has tested 41,000 per million, Italy 38,000....

The primary reason the US has by far the most infections is a direct result of a poor response from the government.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If the virus caused or contributed to the cause of death, it is listed.

How the hell does that justify your claim that the numbers are being inflated?

That is a major FAIL on your part.

edit on 6-5-2020 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Pretty effing easy.

When more than ONE reason is being listed Coronavirus deaths ARE being inflated.

When it's getting ALL the credit.
edit on 6-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The primary reason the US has by far the most infections is a direct result of a poor response from the government.

Like Sweden eh?

Your argument holds no weight.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But its not..

Nothing on your link justifies your claim.

Dunning-Krüger once again prevails with you.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But it is.

Keep living in FEAR.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join