It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supposedly has 33% of the Entire Worlds Covid Infections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Right, as if none of us have friends or family in the medical field....

I’ve got two. My best friend is a 30 year ER Doc in Oregon. He thought we should be cautious of the virus at the beginning. I told him it was BS. Just talked with him yesterday. He apologized and told me I was right from the beginning, repeatedly. He also now believes the purpose was to take away our freedoms. He also believes that we have a revolution coming. That will begin in the US.

I’ve got a second cousin who manages all the nurses for 3 hospitals in New York City. She says that their healthcare system is overwhelmed. Not overwhelmed with people dying, overwhelmed with people being admitted with the virus.

That’s 100% honesty. It’s easily safe to say that New York is a one-off scenario. They are packed in too tight there.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Two quacks spreading false information?

I dont have cable, I do my own research.

The problem here on ATS is at has become an echo-chamber for alt-rigt conspiracies, no matter how stupid. The belief by many on here that this virus outbreak is a hoax is proof positive of this.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yes because your un checked testimony is the truth on a board full of trolls, bots and disinformation should be believed without any scrutiny.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Two quacks spreading false information?

I dont have cable, I do my own research.

The problem here on ATS is at has become an echo-chamber for alt-rigt conspiracies, no matter how stupid. The belief by many on here that this virus outbreak is a hoax is proof positive of this.

I haven't heard anyone say Covid doesn't exist.

What is being argued is that it isn't nearly as bad as it is being made out to be. Yes, there are some people who are adversely affected - the elderly and people who have extreme health issues.

From the beginning, I've argued the numbers don't add up and the lock down is completely unjustified. Neither one of these points have been disproved.

The models have been wildly inaccurate. We have clear evidence of the data being manipulated (we can debate if it is intentional or just a function of the mass hysteria). None of the lock down measures make a lick of sense.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How is this possible?

Has anyone mentioned yet the mobility of many Americans? The US has a huge freeway system that anyone with a car that will drive at least 55 miles an hour can hop onto and within an hour be 55 to a hundred miles away from their starting point. And until a month or so ago, those freeways were full of people traveling here and there.

Has anyone mentioned that the US has at least thirteen thousand airports. In those air ports scores of airplanes take off and land every single day. And from my experience all of those planes are jammed full of people flying to where they do not have the time to drive. In six hours one plane can take a hundred people from one coast to another.

I don't know if other nations have citizens who travel as much or as far or as fast as the US.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am listening to the advice of doctors who are testing and treating the virus over some random youtube video or ATS poster claiming this is all a hoax.

COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the US for the month of April, that tells me this virus is serious.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: gortex

if a patient dies of a heart attack but was also infected with Covid-19 then he / she died of Covid-19 , simple.

If a patient dies of a heart attack while playing basketball do we also say basketball was the cause of death? No the individuals pore health is the cause of death; basketball was simply the trigger of the heart attack that was waiting to happen.

Same is true for COVID-19 ... unless of course we are saying that COVID-19 is causing heart deterioration in a previouslly perfectly healthy heart.

People know this but the media will bash anyone who says otherwise. It's the same for the flu. I know someone who died of the actual flu in NOV. They were morbidly obese, weighted about 320 lbs, diabetes II and had heart issues. They also would not go to the doctor when they got sick. Everyone said she died of the flu but not me. She died because she abused her body for decades and refused to go to the doctor.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Actually the models have been very accurate. We will likely see well over 100,000 deaths in the US, perhaps many more now that most of the country is going to open back up and we might see another wave of exponential growth.

As of right now there have been about 1.2 million cases with about 69,000 deaths in the US. That is about 6%....

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Stupidsecrets
If a significant portion of the population continues to believe this is a hoax, then we will not have it under control until herd immunity, if even possible happens and that will take years.

There are many degrees in opinions on the issue between "the sky is falling" to "this is just a hoax". The truth is likely somewhere between the two. Luckily for us, given the current death rate the truth is closer to "this is a hoax" than "the sky is falling".

That fact doesn't negate the seriousness of the situation, especially as people are dieing; but it does dictate that we must contemplate what corse of actions are best to take given that the sky is not falling as we first thought could be possible two months ago. It also dictates we address why so many in power are acting like the sky is falling rather than taking a more nuanced approach to the situation.

There is "no under control" of this situation. People need to gain the prospective that this situation is a freight train, its going to get where it wants to go and the best we can hope for is to slow it down on its way. The question really becomes how much resources are we willing to expand slowing it down as it reaches its final destination.

People are going to die, people are going to suffer from both the disease itself and from the measures we are taking to combat the disease. This is an inescapable fact of the situation. And these things must be balanced when devising our approach to the situation.

If you have an elected leader that is not willing to be frank about this fact and/or is simply working to save as many people from the disease as possible with no regard to the external ramifications you are eather being lied too or your elected leader is incompetent.

Both of which requires that the electorate be skeptical of what their leaders are saying and doing.

If you find fault in people calling this situation a hoax lobby your leadership to be more open and transparent in their decision making.

edit on 4-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I would like to see all causes of death numbers. Cancer, heart disease, MERSA infection deaths because if those are going down that 6% is nonsense.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I am listening to the advice of doctors who are testing and treating the virus over some random youtube video or ATS poster claiming this is all a hoax.

COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the US for the month of April, that tells me this virus is serious.

That's certainly your choice. I'll be digesting all available information and coming to my own conclusions.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Just did a check to see if Trump was going to have a speech today. Curious if he was going to make any statements that the virus was intentionally created in Wuhan. I’m a little weary if these statements come, as they could escalate to WWIII.

Right off the bat, I noticed something on the site that wasn’t there the last time I checked. Here you go:

factba.se...

Notice the section at the top that gives the worlds infections as well as the United States.

Notice those numbers:
World: 3,593,627
US: 1,191,140

According to google the worlds population is 7.59 billion. Population of US is 328.2 million. This means that the US is about 4.3% of the worlds population. Yet SOMEHOW, we have a whopping 1/3 of the worlds total infections for this virus.

How is this possible?

I’ll tell you how. By fledging the numbers. Claiming every death is caused by Covid. Car crashes, suffocation, heart attacks, suicide, etc. You name it, they were all caused by Covid-19.

Lies beyond lies. What a bunch of BS.

It’s possible because 1.9 million cases in the US is less than one percent of the US population. Are you really saying that the US couldn’t have that tiny fraction of its population infected?

Also, other parts of the world are probably underreporting because less developed places might not have access to the tests. And finally, infection rates scale up with population density; we can see that even here in the US. New York City Is on track to have 600 times as many deaths as Wyoming, but New York only has about 35 times the population of Wyoming. That’s because most of the population of Wyoming, for all practical purposes, was already socially distancing even before the pandemic, compared to life in New York.

You would expect countries with low population density to also have low infection rates.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Actually the models have been very accurate. We will likely see well over 100,000 deaths in the US, perhaps many more now that most of the country is going to open back up and we might see another wave of exponential growth.

As of right now there have been about 1.2 million cases with about 69,000 deaths in the US. That is about 6%....

Once again... 2 + 2 = 3 in your world.

First off, far more people have the virus. The 1.2 million you are referencing are just those who have been tested. There have been multiple studies showing far more have the virus. Even Cuomo admitted something like 40% of New Yorkers have Covid already based on their studies.

The point is that fatality rate is inflated because the denominator is too low as it is only those tested, not the actual infection rate.

The models have been way off. Even the model's creator had to revise it and admit is was exponentially wrong. He originally predicted 2.2 million deaths.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

WRONG.I have no affiliation with either party. They are both corrupt.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If a patient dies of a heart attack while playing basketball do we also say basketball was the cause of death?

Seriously ?

You guys are comedy Gold.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The 1.2 million you are referencing are just those who have been tested. There have been multiple studies showing far more have the virus. Even Cuomo admitted something like 40% of New Yorkers have Covid already based on their studies.

Exactly. I’m begging for a test. I guarantee I’ve got the antibodies. Pretty sure I had it in late February.

If the world were to find out that at least 50%+ of us have been infected, with little to no symptoms — it would blow the lid off this panicdemic.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If a patient dies of a heart attack while playing basketball do we also say basketball was the cause of death?

Seriously ?

You guys are comedy Gold.

If you say so. I thought I was being logical; it would be more productive if you where to tell me how my logic is flawed; than simply dismiss the argument.

I find that when people dismiss what others say its because they are unsure of their own opinions.
edit on 4-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The 1.2 million you are referencing are just those who have been tested. There have been multiple studies showing far more have the virus. Even Cuomo admitted something like 40% of New Yorkers have Covid already based on their studies.

Exactly. I’m begging for a test. I guarantee I’ve got the antibodies. Pretty sure I had it in late February.

If the world were to find out that at least 50%+ of us have been infected, with little to no symptoms — it would blow the lid off this panicdemic.

So you're saying you think a lot more people have been infected than what is being reported, in a thread you started about the numbers being inflated? Which is it?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Remember folks, we were told that 2.2 million people would die from this bug by the parroting mockingbird media.

The CDC dropped it 60k deaths to the 30k range of "confirmed" deaths the other day.

Yet questioning the fear mongering being promoted versus the actual fraud of the whole thing from the get go, makes you a crazy right winger. roflmao

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The most important stat for America: 0.03% death rate from Covid+Flu combined. Trivial compared to other causes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join