It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America never existed, would the world be a better place?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

en.wikipedia.org...

List of wars involving the United States

Partial list:

Cherokee–American wars
(1776–1795)

Northwest Indian War
(1785–1793)

Tecumseh's War
(1811)

Part of the American Indian Wars and the War of 1812

War of 1812
(1812–1815)

edit on 15-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 15 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed HUGE quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

I'll take every country on the planet Earth for $500 Alex.
edit on 15-12-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The world would be far worse off without the U.S.A. One has to look at all of the technological innovations & freedoms brought to the world via free market capitalism & the idea of natural individual/privacy/property rights. Without the U.S.A. the rest of the world would still be operating under feudalist kingdom/serfdom, empiric and/or tribalist rule. In short, individual rights for everyone regardless of race/sex/religion/creed were brought to the world by the U.S.A.. The only countries which suffer at the hands of the U.S.A. are the one's which don't share our ideas regarding natural individual rights. For instance, for every person killed by an Islamist attack, our military will kill at least 1000 Islamists.
edit on 15-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Do you want the list in alphabetical order or by size?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

blinks - the OP was delusional - then you arrived - bravo

PS - lets turn this arround - what conflicts has the US won - solo ????????????

as for the falklands - are you on drugs ???????????????

I can say with 99.9% certainty that if America didn’t help during WW1 or WW2 Germany would have swept through Europe.

In WW 2 Germany DID sweep through Europe, in 1940. As for 1918, Germany was starving, almost out of raw materials, and bankrupt, they had no other choice than an armistice, the word 'surender' was not used.

Prove me wrong please?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pleasedontwastemytoe

You evidently know nothing of history.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Hard to say, what the world would be like...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

both

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There would be an ethno super state in Europe running the entire planet

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Don't the .1% do that and are the same?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Lab4Us

.it was because Britain couldn’t handle a handful of upstart American patriots

Those upstarts also had the help of The French, Spanish and Dutch Military don't you know.

If Britain hadn't been defending it's interest in India at the same time ( we actually had twice as many troops in India as we did The American Colonies ) then the outcome may have been a different one. But who will ever know.

The Shadow...The Shadow will know...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

blinks - the OP was delusional - then you arrived - bravo

PS - lets turn this arround - what conflicts has the US won - solo ????????????

as for the falklands - are you on drugs ???????????????

I can say with 99.9% certainty that if America didn’t help during WW1 or WW2 Germany would have swept through Europe.

In WW 2 Germany DID sweep through Europe, in 1940. As for 1918, Germany was starving, almost out of raw materials, and bankrupt, they had no other choice than an armistice, the word 'surender' was not used.

Prove me wrong please?

You kinda answered my question dude.
Kinda

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The world would probably been in a similar situation, just a different power in charge. The British would have been overthrown completely, and under the control of some dictator. Humans stage wars, it is our human nature I think, like colonies of ants.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

A ridiculous post and another ridiculous thread.

If my Auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.....but she hasn't, so she isn't.

Pointless and a complete waste of time and effort.

The only thing more ridiculous are some of the answers....

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They got their asses handed to them in the Falklands for Christ's sakes!!! A bunch of backward farmers whooped their backsides, with antiquated guns and military hardware.

Possibly the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read during my time on ATS.....where do people get such nonsense?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue, and since there was no America he landed straight in Asia.

Since then Thanksgiving is all about rice wine and edamane beans.

Then he called all the inhabitants "Indians" and they never really got triggered about it.

We give you cholera, and we give you cholera (nobody gives each other smallpox or syphilis).

Yeah sounds great.
Not sure how many Europeans would have survived the 19th and 20th centuries without potatoes though.
Roving armies could burn the crops, but the tuber grew underground, so they often survived such campaigns.
I don't think my European ancestors would have survived without the Colombian exchange and potatoes.
Similarly African populations increased with the introduction of maize around the same time.

And that is because Native Americans were excellent farmers.
They took a wide variety of strains and turned them into crops.
So without that cultivated American garden, a lot of us probably wouldn't be here.
Sadly almost 90 percent of US movies, only show those Native Americans who were living as hunters.
edit on 15-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

The question that needs to be asked is...........Would you or I even be born if America didn't exist?

edit on 15-12-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Simple truth is "the world" would be better off if humanity didn't exist. Humanity has F'ed up everything it has touched as far as "the world" is concerned. Want a better world? Exterminate humanity!
edit on 15-12-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah b/c Europe NEVER commited any acts of brutality in their colonies - it was ALL America's fault! Don't bother looking at the Congo, SE Asia, Malasia & Indonesia, India, etc in the 1800's and early 1900's. All of that would have been a paradise or "utopia" if America had not existed...

Had America not existed, I'm guessing it would have been pretty similar to what we have now, as you can look at New Zealand and Australia and see similar cultures. America would have developed as a colony paying taxes to the crown, Britain would have been more wealthy & powerful (possibly MUCH more). I suspect a civil war wouldn't have happened (in America) anywhere near like it did, so maybe the south would be much more wealthy and industrialized than it is now.

It would be very interesting to see a world where the Am Rev never took place, that is a world I would like to view and possibly visit if it were possible (with certainty I could return home if I didn't like it!!)
edit on 12 15 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now if the United States had not come into existence.....Would Russia have retained Alaska? Would Spain have kept California? Would France have kept the Louisiana Purchase? The North American continent would have been divided differently and resources and their wealth would be placed differently. Would the French revolution happened without the example of the US? Would slavery been abolished earlier when Great Britain abolished it?

We are not even into the 20th Century and have major changes in power, both financial and political. I enjoy reading alternative history stories and speculating about how history would be different.
For example, do the French keep the Louisiana Purchase or sell it to England or Spain or possibly Mexico is an independent power and buys it. Maybe even Russia gets in the game to add to Alaska and the upper west coast. Heck maybe England sold US to France. So many possibilities

The US was not an original participant in either WWI or WWII. France's colony of Viet Nam was having problems long before the US got involved.

I know just enough history to realize how little I know. OP needs to study history in more depth.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how many mouths 50 Billion dollars feeds? Was history class not on your curriculum?

America's primary export is humanitarian aid. That and military equipment to police the planet for the UN and EU because they are far to weak to do it without America.

The world would be a vastly darker place without America. If you really want to practice what you preach I suggest stop using the internet, throw your smart phone and computer in the trash and shun modern medicine. As all those things were made possible by America and a bunch of white people...

All the modern conveniences you use to criticize western culture with were developed by western culture. Do you not see the hypocrisy with this line of thinking?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join