It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America never existed, would the world be a better place?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pleasedontwastemytoe
[snipped]

NOW, the British won, the revolution failed, USA doesn't exist...... would the world from that point on until today be a better one?

In 1772, the British already had a treaty with the Native Indians not to expand West of the 12 colonies. But more importantly, it was the year that England banned slavery, which found it unlawful under English common law.

Just 4 years later the Americans declare independence.

What becomes of it in the next 100 years??
**Americans rip up the treaties they had with the Native Indians and expand all the way to the west coast.
**Slavery exists in America until nearly 100 years later.

There is a reason the British didn't ban slavery in the rest of the British Empire until 1833, they didn't want another revolt from their corporate entrepreneurs in foreign lands. They wanted them to stay loyal to the crown.

But the irony, is that the Americans celebrate thanksgiving and the FREEDOM of 4th of July.

It's like the Irish celebrating St Patricks day. They celebrate an English saint, and a guy who helped destroy their Celtic religion and culture, and they drink Guinness, a brew created by a Unionist who wanted to Keep Ireland part of Britain.

The irony is lost on them both.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pleasedontwastemytoe

If no USA then maybe Britain might have been able to keep Germany in check because they would have had way more resources but in all I doubt it because of one little thing all of their beaurcracy . With no help from America most likely Germany would have conquered Europe and possibly the Americas while Japan would have likely expanded thru Asia and pacific.. so you think things might have been better doubtful

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

hey steady on old chap

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And yet, who else apart from the British put considerable money and manpower into stopping slavery?

And slavery was a global institution.

It was not limited to, or even peculiar to the US.

Barbary slavery in North Africa, for example, enslaved over a million Europeans.
edit on 15-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

sorry just a after thaught you really have to read up on the falkland wars also vietnam ring any bells i am english but i am also totally pro america

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

your just a dick mate

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

hahahaha brilliant

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That would be like asking if humans didn't exist, would the world be a better place?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

nah france wouldn't keep louisiana the brits don't like the french much ungrateful twats

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Do you think the civil war was just another tactic used to manage the states?

www.military-history.org...

‘When the South seceded in early 1861, it possessed at most 10% of the industrial base of the former Union. The young Confederacy would go on to make heroic efforts to create an industrial base, but even at its best could produce only a small fraction of the needs of a nation at war.

How, then, did the Confederacy fight on so long and bitterly? The output of British factories, mills, shipyards, and arsenals flooded through the Union blockade of Southern ports to provide the bulk of Confederate needs. Without that massive support, the Confederacy would surely have collapsed within 12 to 18 months. Given that the bloodiest years of the war were 1863-1865, it was British material support that allowed the vast majority of the blood-letting to occur.

‘At Vicksburg, Grant found that the 30,000 surrendered Confederates had been armed with new, excellent British Enfield Rifles. His own men were armed with European cast-offs or refashioned old US models, both far inferior to the British weapon. Grant had his regiments trade in their old weapons for the Enfields. At the Siege of Petersburg, Grant forwarded to Secretary of War Stanton a captured artillery ammunition box stamped “Royal Arsenal Woolwich”.

edit on 15-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Seriously, no point in what you say, every single country in the world has done as much evil as possible when they could, to whoever they could, people are evil, get on with the program, you complain much about that one single country, why not other countries as well?

There are too terrible things going on in other places too, even more absurd.. Like people eating human fetuses in China and other places, are you not worried about that instead of the past? The people who did the things you said are mostly dead, to be fair then you would have to wait another 60+ years to see how the current people does, and then also blame them for the mistakes of their past

Don't know where you are from but would be nice to know, so we can also see if your country is free of all evils

So chinese people eat human fetishes? And what BS article did you read that from?

As for the thread, why do so many people put everyone together? Because I hate the American government, does not mean I hate american people. How could I hate people I do not know?

But as much as I hate the American government, I pretty hate all governments. They controll us, brainwash us, condition us. They know the people will follow them into every single war they rage because they have instilled this deep patrioism that people feel for there country, which means most people have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Are we slaves? Yes, we are slaves fooled into believing we are free. It is amazing and scary that such a small percentage of the population (leaders/governments) can controll so many, but it's an art that has been perfected over thousands of years.

We are all asleep!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Not an expert on US history, and the causes of any "civil war" (an oxymoron) are probably longstanding and multi-faceted.

But I I think it was less about Europe's influence and the East Coast (that was the Seven Year War, which finally broke the power of Eastern indigenous US nations as global players).

I think the US Civil War was more about the remaining West, and who would own the land.
And it was considerable land for the taking.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A small cabal of people who are not even citizens hold the financial purse strings of every nation.
This goes a long way to explaining .........."globalization"

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: BoneSay

Seriously, no point in what you say, every single country in the world has done as much evil as possible when they could, to whoever they could, people are evil, get on with the program, you complain much about that one single country, why not other countries as well?

There are too terrible things going on in other places too, even more absurd.. Like people eating human fetuses in China and other places, are you not worried about that instead of the past? The people who did the things you said are mostly dead, to be fair then you would have to wait another 60+ years to see how the current people does, and then also blame them for the mistakes of their past

Don't know where you are from but would be nice to know, so we can also see if your country is free of all evils

So chinese people eat human fetishes? And what BS article did you read that from?

As for the thread, why do so many people put everyone together? Because I hate the American government, does not mean I hate american people. How could I hate people I do not know?

But as much as I hate the American government, I pretty hate all governments. They controll us, brainwash us, condition us. They know the people will follow them into every single war they rage because they have instilled this deep patrioism that people feel for there country, which means most people have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Are we slaves? Yes, we are slaves fooled into believing we are free. It is amazing and scary that such a small percentage of the population (leaders/governments) can controll so many, but it's an art that has been perfected over thousands of years.

We are all asleep!

First i never said "every single Chinese eats babies" i just said it is something that happens around those places

www.washingtontimes.com...

Everything after that is on your own mind

I already said what i had to say so well

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

This should be a stickied post to highlight the delusional "reality" that some people live in.

According to so many people over at Quora, YouTube, Reddit, Yahoo

Geniuses, all of them. Seriously, when you start a sentence like that you know it's a pile of trash. Afterall, it starts with a pile of trash, how could it evolve into anything else.

But lest you think I'm being disingenuous:

It is the reason why so many countries out there are impoverished,

Wrong, worldwide poverty has shrunk rapidly since america began, especially since WW2 when the US hegemony began.

it steals resources from other nations

Steals? Ummm not any more than any prior global superpower. Certainly not more than GB did.

it is one of the biggest polluters in the world

You don't get to complain about poverty then complain about the lack of it. Yes, more wealthy nations pollute more. The EU is right behind the US, but we're cutting our pollutants while the EU grows theirs.

its cultural influence is corrupting the world

I agree with this one, hollywood and "american liberal" ideology are a cancer.

It creates diseases, terrorism, hate, anger, pitting nations and peoples against each other ...... basically, in a nutshell, an evil nation, like Germany or Japan during WW2; It is the Pandora's Box of the world.

No we eradicate diseases and there has never been a more peaceful time to be alive, so wrong on all accounts.

Speaking of WW2, I read that its existence indirectly lead to it and WW1, so if it didn't exist, 100,000,000 would have been spared

You really have to stop believing everything you read on the internet. The US had nothing to do with Franz Ferdinand being assassinated. That was all serbian's.

Vietnam would have been spared, Korea would have been spared, the Philippines would have been spared,

Oh geez, the only lives that would have been spared would have been american lives. If Americans didn't intervene in korea or the philippines, the slaughter would have been much more pervasive.

Iraq would have been spared, the Native Americans would have been spared and so many peoples would have been spared had it not exist.

Iraq would have been spared what exactly? They'd still have a genocidal dictator? What would they have been spared. You can be against the iraq war and realize it has been largely positive for a very large number of their citizens. The native american's would have been slaughtered by the spanish or the french just like they were in Canada or Mexico/south america.

So much ignorance in one post, it really is astounding. But I'll keep going.

And they didn't invent anything except nukes, the world would lose nothing except the capability to destroy one another.

Good luck inventing the internet without the transistor. You'd still be in the stone age, son.

Now of course I know bad things existed way back before USA existed but according to Quora, it wasn't that sever as it is today.

This thread has to be a bad joke, right? Right????

So, would the world truly be a better place without America and if yes, why doesn't the world make it happen?

No, see all of the above for why. As for why the rest of the world doesn't make it happen, because they can't. We're the greatest nation on earth we will rule over all of you morons because you are just that, morons.

AND NO, I am not going to accept the: "they are destroying themselves, no need to interfere" because that is not going to happen and that is cheap, I want to see the world do it.

LOL Must be sad to be you. So much hate and vitriol for a country you seem to only have learned about from Quora.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The issue that most will miss here and take the OP as an attack, is that the actions of nations (any nation) doesn't and shouldn't represent the entire population of that nation.

Even though the acting council/government/TPTB are supposedly voted in by the people for the people, and you can apply this logic to almost any "democracy", thier interests are their own and the rich and industrial backers that bankrolled them.

Getting angry at normal Americans for what the US government has and is doing around the world in thier name, will only fan the flames and cause arguments and emotionally triggered responses.

It's the system that is wrong in my opinion and another revolution is overdue in this respect across the whole western world. We the people are not represented like we should be.

In fact it would appear that there is concerted effort to isolate all of us into smaller islands of "tribes" that war with eachother instead of getting some sort of unity going on and all in one voice demanding the government that we all deserve, rather than the globalist nonsense we have all had to endure for this long whilst we are all distracted arguing about much smaller and less important claptrap.

Hey I'm not American either.....we are people/humans (most of us) and lines on a map that someone drew shouldn't flame us either..

edit on p10341182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p15305182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
No WWII for starters, sorry if it's already been stated...

The US funded Germany's War Machine... Americans who funded Hitler's Rise

BUT.... then what would have happened with a continuingly confident Russia at that time??? Britain may have simply remained the Bad Guy of history more than likely.
edit on 16-12-2018 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Thirdly, how's your German and Russian language coming along?

Prefer Spanish myself.

But due to the RAF in the battle of Britain (that decisive victory Britain won before the USA even got involved I dont have the speak German.

Forth, the British DIDN'T win, nor have they EVER won a major conflict on their own.

You mean America has never won a major war on its own?
Hell wars are never won on there own.

They got their asses handed to them in the Falklands for Christ's sakes!!!

Is that why the Falklands are now Argentinian......o wait there are still British!

A bunch of backward farmers whooped their backsides, with antiquated guns and military hardware.

No they where defeated by logistics and economic constraints due to the French and Spanish getting involved.
The 13 colony where pissant religious hicks of limited importance compared to the sugar and spice islands in the Caribbean and protecting the UK mainland.
Plus the French where supplying modern muskets and cannons plus uniforms and rations and training to the continental army.
You won cause the FRENCH saved you.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Sounds like Flyingclaydisk is a bit of a history phobe... Doesn't sound very well informed at all.

One of those members that the words, "DENY IGNORANCE" is wasted on.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

blinks - the OP was delusional - then you arrived - bravo

PS - lets turn this arround - what conflicts has the US won - solo ????????????

as for the falklands - are you on drugs ???????????????

I can say with 99.9% certainty that if America didn’t help during WW1 or WW2 Germany would have swept through Europe.

Prove me wrong please?

Total and utter bull#.

France and Britain had already fought them to a stalemate 2 years before you ever showed up. The Germans where not going to be sweeping ANYWHERE when they could not even advance a few hundred meters without losing a few hundred thousand men.
Germany lost WW1 when it lost the battle of Jutland and failed to break the Royal Navy s blockade of Europe.

Even before the USA got involved the Germans where in a critical state. The civilians and even solider where starving and there where scrapping the barrel in salvaging ever piece of iron they could to build weapons.
If the USA had not got involved there war would have lasted 1 extra year maybe 2 at most and then Germany would have collapsed due to complete depletion of all resources, cant fight a war without bullets!

As for WW2? Unless German have the magic power to walk on water, they where not sweeping into Britain then either.
Remember we have this thing called the channel?
Also remember we crushed there air force in the battle of Britain?
Also remember we had the worlds largest navy that was 10x the size of Germany?

Germany had one chance to take Britain out in a quick strike, it failed. After that there was no chance to invade the UK, hence why Hitler focused on Russia instead and tried suing for peace with the UK (which we rejected).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join