It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump confirms US to pull out of nuclear treaty with Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why are so many of you Americans wanting war, I'm starting to think all these War movies produced out of Hollywood have some of you romanticizing the notion.

War isn't fun or nice it's hell.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There's no negative or positive really, other than we no longer have to honor the treaty that Russia has failed to honor. If they're not playing by the rules of the game they agreed to then you might as well throw out the rule book.

The Russians can't afford another arms race, they will be begging to renegotiate a new treaty in time.

You'll see.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: vinifalou

This isn't exchanging a few nasty tweets this is pulling out of a key treaty in nuclear non-proliferation.

Not exactly the same thing now is it?

Again, what good is a treaty if only one side is following it?

Can anyone answer that?

Then in that case I think they should negotiate a new treaty and keep the existing one in place for as that takes, if its not working for both sides then I think they should both be open to sitting down and devising a new treaty.

I mean lets be clear.

Russia should not be breaching the treaty, that is wrong, I am as against that as I am just pulling out of the treaty.

I think a new treaty is probably what Trump is aiming for. Russia has already violated the treaty without consequence, what makes you think they wont continue violating it if they face zero consequences?

Right now it's a suckers deal, and the US is the sucker.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Why are so many of you Americans wanting war, I'm starting to think all these War movies produced out of Hollywood have some of you romanticizing the notion.

Jezus Jumping Kee-Rist!

The leftists wanted the US to go to war with Russia in 2016 because of Facebook memes and "muh election", but when Russia violates a nuclear treaty, everyone wants peace?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Trump's remarks about a space force didn't come from nowhere. There is SIGNIFICANT amounts of US Intel that says we are several years behind China in space warfare. And it's not surprising considering the Chinese have had the ASAT program since the early 60s. As early as 2006 the Us Intel community was reporting that the people's republic had "marked" US observation satellites with lasers... marked as in ranging them, not damaging.

High tech warfare is well on its way... and we're behind...and tbh, don't have the booming economy to catch up either.

A2D

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nah, they just desperately want to find a way to spin this or anything to make Trump look bad, or incompetent etc.

Same old # new topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Sooo, Russia for years violates a treaty with the US, US does absolutely nothing about it so Russia continues violating. New president comes, 2 more years of violating it, then finally new president decides treaty is worthless due to Russia not following it and decides to pull out of treaty and somehow that means "many Americans" suddenly want war?

Could you let me in on how you came to that conclusion? Should be a good read.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

WTF have leftists got to do with your orange god pulling out of nuclear treaties ?
edit on 20-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Russia built more nukes with larger yields because they don't have they guidance technology that the US has. They had a "close enough" policy.

Surely you have sources to substantiate your claims of better rockets.

They had great throw weights on their rockets it was terminal guidance that was their weak point those the higher C.E.P.s of their weapons systems but they’ve gotten much better.
edit on 10/20/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

So you're saying the fear-mongering back then was made up and now it isn't and you want me to take your word from it?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes some of you want war, just read the posts on this site there is an element of fantasy about it.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Jezus Jumping Kee-Rist!

The leftists wanted the US to go to war with Russia in 2016 because of Facebook memes and "muh election", but when Russia violates a nuclear treaty, everyone wants peace?

They're gonna bitch no matter what. First they accuse Potus of colluding with Russia, now they bitch about Potus pulling out of a treaty with Russia.

They wanted WWIII starting with Russia in 2016 ffs.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've never in all my time here seen anyone that was excited about the possibility of war.

As a former marine who has seen more friends die in combat than I care to discuss...I can tell you I dont ever look forward to it...however if push comes to shove...I will gladly go again. War is not pretty...but sometimes it is necessary.

Perhaps you mistake "support" for "enjoyment".

A2D

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I read this site quite often, typically the mood seems to generally be AGAINST war. I see a LOT more people saying the US needs to get out of the M.E., stop interfering with other nations, and stop bombing the crap out of people.

That equals wanting war?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How do you stop global warming? Nuclear winter. You gotta find the silver lining.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I read it here every other day, people saying they are looking forward to a fight, quietly clutching their weapons in anticipation.

People like yourself know better through experience however you are in a minority there. I'm only talking about this site not American people in general.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

To be fair though, hypothetically if there was a War between Russia and America it would be very short, very deadly and involved glassing the planet.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

WTF have leftists got to do with your orange god pulling out of nuclear treaties ?

Is it still a treaty when only one side is abiding it?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We can't allow Putin to break treaties, nor can we allow him to cavalierly test our military without repercussions. Just keep in mind that Putin signed the State Armament Program for 2018 to 2025, with a budget of $330 BILLION dollars (19 trillion rubles). Why?

The goal is to have a cost-effective multi-purpose nuclear submarine, with a construction time of four to four and a half years to produce 15-20 submarines totally. There are few details about the class in open sources, but whatever is already known suggests that Husky subs will be a technological breakthrough.

www.zerohedge.com...

Remember this incident back in March?

Russia says it snuck nuclear attack submarines near US bases undetected

www.businessinsider.com...

The Pentagon has already started to raise concerns about Russia's nuclear submarine arsenal. "The submarines that we're seeing are much more stealthy," Admiral Mark Ferguson, commander of US Naval Forces in Europe at the time, told CNN. The Russians "have more advanced weapons systems, missile systems that can attack land at long ranges," and their operational capabilities were getting better "as they range farther from home waters."

www.zerohedge.com...

Also in March, Putin announced the development of new nuclear weapons systems, including a "doomsday device."

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a raft of new nuclear weapons systems at his State of the Nation address on March 1 — and one demonstrates Russia's apparent disregard for human life.

Russia's new nuke weaponized radiation itself in a way that could leave massive swaths of Earth uninhabitable for the better part of a century.

The Russian idea of nuclear superiority, as revealed by Putin, involves making the Earth uninhabitable and visiting unimaginably horrific destruction for the sake of instilling fear, or simply for killing.

www.businessinsider.com...

If you start letting Putin get away with breaking treaties unchecked, then he will become more bold in years to come. Trump is no fool and is thinking about the long term repercussions. He knows Putin, being ex-KGB, is a sly, aggressive tactician, who will take advantage of any situation that gives Russia a military advantage. You let Putin do as he pleases without reining him in, then yes, I do believe American lives would be threatened

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is it still a treaty when only one side is abiding it?

Nah that’d be neutering yourself for funsies....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join