It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of the Embassy Move. Jerusalem.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

Richard bloody Nixon could have come up with the idea for all i know.

The fact is.................Trump did it.

Well , unknown to you all Presidents have made a campaign promise to move the Embassy back
Bush , Bill , Bush , Barry .

Yeah?

Wasn't the reason to not do so due to political fallout and timing? An issue to be delayed to a further date when some political cohesion existed ?

If anything I'd say the relationship Israel has with it's neighbours has done nothing but deteriorate.

You could even call it choosing a side, nor that the US could ever call itself a neutral mediator with a straight face.

You're absolutely right.

But, why is it wrong when the US acts in its own self-interest?

I applaud such actions.

We should do more of it.

Why do we have to be the "neutral mediator?"

Not a clue...

Just like the UK should've invaded the Republic of Ireland, instead of creating the situation for peace and power sharing.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

Well , unknown to you all Presidents have made a campaign promise to move the Embassy back

Yeah?

Wasn't the reason to not do so due to political fallout and timing? An issue to be delayed to a further date when some political cohesion existed ?

If anything I'd say the relationship Israel has with it's neighbours has done nothing but deteriorate.

You could even call it choosing a side, nor that the US could ever call itself a neutral mediator with a straight face.

No other President had the "cahoneys"
Fearing "world opinion"
Ridiculous way to set policy

What pussy presidents before this one. I can't believe they didn't have the cahoneys to get a big stick and shove it right in a hornets nest just because.

It shows the world, we don't care about getting sucked in more debacles at the dime of the US taxpayers (citizens of course, Amazon gets a free pass).

Because when it comes to wasting money and lives for no reason in the Middle East... America is like "hold my beer", amiright?

Careful with that logic though, it's almost like you're ignoring history.

Why do you consider it poking a hornet's nest. I usually just take a water hose to them buggers.
1) The land belongs to Israel
2) It is the US Embassy.
3) Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel . Unlike the popular belief of Tel-Aviv

Now , which part of the above validates a Muslim or even just a Palestinian outrage ?
You are correct . Nothing

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Some folks just try fitfully to create a response that matches their personal views
This one was an epic failure
(by the way , there is no separation of church and state in the Constitution)

Yes some folks do, take yourself for instance.

I suppose I am too, I like the idea of spending our money at home rather than blowing it abroad. We just made a decision that costs money with no benefit.

The only benefit I've seen you lay out is it made our presidents balls look big. Not enough to sell me.

As for separation between church and state, I never said it is in the Constitution.... But I will now. Ladies and gentlemen, the first amendment, we need not look far.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And you can sit here and say this decision had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with big balls...

And that's your opinion, but any decision to do with one of the biggest holy cities for the Abrahamic religions is certainly going to be perceived as such, so the ramifications will make whether or not it was a moot point.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Well the 14th of May is upon us and the US embassy move in Israel's 70th year is Today and may well be interesting ?
I have looked around for news story's about today from popular sources I wanted to see what CNN have said about it
Also Fox News , Al Jazera, and RT. I will add all the latest news clips from above online and a live feed if one becomes available.
Also yesterday was Jerusalem Day the anniversary of when Israeli forces took control of the Old City and Arab-majority East Jerusalem in 1967.
Tomorrow is Nakba day for Palestinians , Gaza protests will be orchestrated a day early and the tires have been readied.
en.wikipedia.org...

The tires were set fire early by Israeli drones dropping incendiaries so they couldn't be used during the protests. Scumbag terrorists are sending the Palestinian mobs at the border fences waiting for a breach to happen so they can rush in with the mobs to massacre Israelis. The opposite is happening though, the terrorists are losing as Israeli defenses hold.
edit on Mon May 14 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Politics fella it's got nothing to do with balls.

Just like the systematic bs played in the UN, the US playing the veto card every time some political dialogue could've been opened up.

What political dialogue is needed in this case ? With whom ? The Palestinians ? They have no cards in the game.
Nothing is violated .
Everything is under UN policy
The US embassy was meant to be in Jerusalem all along. Even Bill Clinton acknowledged that back in his day.
Concern for security was the ONLY reason for keeping it in Tel-Aviv . Away from those peaceful Palestinians and their ways of peaceful protest strapping bombs to children to blow themselves up.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

a reply to: midicon

He likes to go in, after tearing down old treaties, with an outrageous demand then negotiate a better deal.

What "old" treaties has Trump "torn" down
Inquiring minds want to know.
(ssshhh....that is a trap. Dont fall for it.Or in it...)

Climate Accord. That's a treaty...

Here

He's also mentioned withdrawing from several other agreements. Whether that meets your definition of treaty, I'll leave that up to you. However, most people agree that agreements between nations are basically the same thing as a "treaty."

Also, See:

Congre ss' Abdication

So, maybe, you should be more critical of Congress and their failing to ratify sh*t...

In any case, the Paris Accords I linked should satisfy your "inquiring" mind if you're too dense to understand that moving the embassy is a BIG f'ing deal as relates to many agreements/treaties worldwide (I won't do google for you again).

So WTF are any assholes gonna do about it?

Start a war they can't finish?

Bring on armageddon, or just a local beat down.

Prolly a local beat down, but we'll see.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yeah?

No other President had the "cahoneys"
Fearing "world opinion"
Ridiculous way to set policy

What pussy presidents before this one. I can't believe they didn't have the cahoneys to get a big stick and shove it right in a hornets nest just because.

It shows the world, we don't care about getting sucked in more debacles at the dime of the US taxpayers (citizens of course, Amazon gets a free pass).

Because when it comes to wasting money and lives for no reason in the Middle East... America is like "hold my beer", amiright?

Careful with that logic though, it's almost like you're ignoring history.

Why do you consider it poking a hornet's nest. I usually just take a water hose to them buggers.
1) The land belongs to Israel
2) It is the US Embassy.
3) Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel . Unlike the popular belief of Tel-Aviv

Now , which part of the above validates a Muslim or even just a Palestinian outrage ?
You are correct . Nothing

Maybe it doesn't validate outrage. But we knew it would come.

I think all religious disputes that end up with blood in the streets is archaic, hence why I don't want my country participating in it.

But it will as long as evangelist Christians make decisions for our country, damn shame it's 2018 and people still die for it.... And here we have some citizens laugh at it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The plan was always to have the embassy in Jerusalem.
Why cant folks just realize that ?
It was TEMPORARILY located in Terl-Aviv until decided different .
What is the cost of the new Embassy , as it was already standing ? Just re purposed. Was it more or less than redoing the aged one in Tel-Aviv ? That one would be rather old by now .
As you say , we dont know.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What political dialogue

Exactly.

They have no cards in the game.

They claim Jerusalem should be their capital too.

Away from those peaceful Palestinians and their ways of peaceful protest strapping bombs to children to blow themselves up. 

Desperate people do desperate things. What's the excuse for cross border raids and dropping white phosphorus on civilian populations?

BTW I'm not condoning either actions, both are wrong.
edit on 14-5-2018 by RAY1990 because: Criss/cross spelling error

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If Trump hadn't decided tomove The Embassy back to Jerusalem, the protest wouldn't have happened.

What ????

The U.S. Embassy has NEVER been in Jerusalem before today. So how can it be moving back?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's wonderful to see this eventually happen.

There can be no clearer message that tolerance of terrorism has ended.
If Muslim extremists want to riot and try to plant bombs, let them be shot dead. It's what any terrorist deserves. Whilst enemies of the west will focus on the reaction of terrorists and claim we should be appeasing them, the opposite is true.

They have no place at the bargaining table until they denounce all forms of terrorism and join the civilised world. Until that time, they should be hunted down and if they try to kill others, I have no sympathy for what they receive in return.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Don't spend anytime worrying about this....the remedy is really soon

thisyearlike

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There can be no clearer message that tolerance of terrorism has ended.

Lol , today has been a day of state sponsored terrorism leaving many killed and many more injured.

They have no place at the bargaining table until they denounce all forms of terrorism and join the civilised world.

There is no "bargaining table" that much has been clear for years.
edit on 14-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Israel was founded on terrorism, so a bit hypocritical i think.

the bombing of the King David Hotel by the Irgun acting under the umbrella of the overall Zionist force, the Haganah. The attack killed 92 people, most of them civilians, some 17 of whom were Jewish

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The American pastor who said a lot up there with his eyes closed doesn’t seem to like Jewish people or Islamic faith

Has to be a rapture maniac

www.theguardian.com...

might have had his eyes closed so he didn’t see any Jews

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

we lost a lot of lads over there keeping the peace between them

www.britishforcesinpalestine.org...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

there's two Israels.....

one trouble....one gettin back finally under the schoolmasters eye after the foretold 40 jubilees......all others at that school of livin.....are excused from attending and are free to fly away....psalm 90

Jesus said if ya get confused just go read Daniel
edit on 14-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lol at anyone who believes evangelicals truly give a # about the Jewish people and certainly not any Muslims. They're all worked up into a frothy frenzy today, one step closer to their sky fairy apocalypse, complete idiocy... and so terrible religion is steering US foreign policy in 2018. Evengelicals are a terrorist organization and should be treated as such.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

We just joined the holy war.

Great

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The usual suspects who generally CONDEMN all actions of the UN (and indeed, its very existence) are, at least on this one issue of the estabishment of Israel, all in support of UN "decisions."

Let's be truthful at least: the foundation of the State of Israel in 1948 was a terrorist act promoted by the US and the UK that has resulted in a decades-long occupation of Palestine.

By following through on the contentious 1995 act of Congress, President Trump has made it more than clear whose side the USA is on in the conflct which of course, has been crystal clear to the world since 1948 ... the side of the rogue terrorist State of Israel.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join