It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of the Embassy Move. Jerusalem.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

It's amazing the level of mind control on the world as a whole. Look at the numbers on each side in that video.. 50,000 vs 20

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Damn those Palestinians jumping in front of sniper fire just to make Israel look bad.

And why was the Israeli military there?
Gosh , ignorance is running rampant here , today...
A lot of inane statements flying around.
Holding my watch up cause the "stuff" is getting deep...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
Yup. I was simply trying to provide evidence contrary to Gothmog's assertion that Trump has not "torn down," "old treaties."

I don't like factual inaccuracies.

Again , which treaties has Trump torn down ?
Most certainly no treaties on the Capitol of Israel being Jerusalem nor the US Embassy being relocated to the Capitol of Israel
Do you know where it was ?
Do you know why it was there ?
Where was the US Embassy at the beginning ?
What "treaty" moved it ?

Are you stupid or just chosing to be so?

The original poster you criticised said he/she was in favor of Trump in this matter and in "tearing down" old treaties.

You asked which old treaties he was tearing down. Sarcastically.

I gave you one accepted treaty Trump was tearing down along with my criticism that Congress should do their f'ing job and this crap wouldn't happen.

You ignored the facts of my reply and decided to fall back to redefining your original statement/query.

Did you forget this from 1995?

The American embassy is in Tel Aviv. But in 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act, declaring: "Since 1950, the city of Jerusalem has been the capital of the State of Israel."

USA Today

Another link

In addition, Obama said this in 2008:

Oops... "Jerusalem must remain the capitol of Israel..."

Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Exactly
Iran/Hamas are behind all the chaos on the Gaza border. They've upped the tempo to make it a Sharpeville style event to get the world to sanction Israel. Both sides need to pull back but charging at the IDF from Gaza is always going to get a response from the IDF and Iran wants that plastered over the media. The only way to bring peace over there is to take Iran out the equation.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Ignorance would be someone using logical fallacy to declare victory in a debate.

Someone holding a different opinion than you does not equal ignorance, it is a disagreement.

For instance, me saying killing rioters is bad is an opinion (one most people hold, hence why we don't do it here, in our country.)

Another opinion, which looks prominent on ATS would be they're Palestinian, so it's OK.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Holding my watch up cause the "stuff" is getting deep...

Couldn't agree more. Crazy there's a mod slinging #### around like this is the mud pit.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Ok , the answer to your first question is no to either . And the calling of names violates ATS T&C and lowers your apparent intellectual level to other members tremendously . I hope you can realize that.
The original location for the embassy was in the Capitol of Israel , Jerusalem
It was placed in Tel Aviv for security concerns
There is no violation of treaty there
Again , what treaty was broken by moving the embassy to Jerusalem ?

edit on 5/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It boils down to..

Would you rather live next to a jew or a muslim..

I know what I would choose

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ignorance would be someone using logical fallacy to declare victory in a debate.

Someone holding a different opinion than you does not equal ignorance, it is a disagreement.

For instance, me saying killing rioters is bad is an opinion (one most people hold, hence why we don't do it here, in our country.)

Another opinion, which looks prominent on ATS would be they're Palestinian, so it's OK.

Why are the Palestinians protesting the move of a US Embassy to it's proper place ? With violence.
Check Palestinian history.
In Egypt , Jordan , Syria , Lebanon ....they have been kicked out of all those countries. By their Arab brothers . Why ? Because of the exact same responses.
Some folks dont see past the end of their noses.(and ignore history)

And , say I wanted to move my office from one floor of my home to another. Do I have to ask the person who rent's the little cottage in my back yard for permission ?
Hades no.

edit on 5/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Why are the Palestinians protesting the move of a US Embassy to it's proper place ?
excellent point. These bafoons need to take it to the UN so that a resolution could be vetoed by the US... Just like the ones against Israel on illegal settlements.

Your point about the violence is correct, never a way to protest. But I don't see how throwing a brick warrants a sniper shot to your head.

Check Palestinian history.
In Egypt , Jordan , Syria , Lebanon ....they have been kicked out of all those countries. By their Arab brothers . Why ? Because of the exact same responses.
Some folks dont see past the end of their noses.(and ignore history)

I don't recall ignoring history... Could you point out what I've ignored or disputed?

In fact, I think this is where you may be ignoring history.

If they can't live in those places and had a place of their own got taken away.... Maybe that's why they're mad. It's almost like they are forced to protest in the small sliver they're stuck with.

So what do you think they should do? Just accept they were born Palestinian and damned?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Ok , the answer to your first question is no to either . And the calling of names violates ATS T&C and lowers your apparent intellectual level to other members tremendously . I hope you can realize that.
The original location for the embassy was in the Capitol of Israel , Jerusalem
It was placed in Tel Aviv for security concerns
There is no violation of treaty there
Again , what treaty was broken by moving the embassy to Jerusalem ?

OK. I give.

Maybe you're a kid with a lot of time on your hands to post a bunch?

But it seems (and maybe this is completely innocent on your part) you're choosing to ignore facts I'm posting with links.

I get it if you wanna be a douche, but you have a lengthy history here... Maybe you haven't read my posts carefully or checked my links?

Who knows. Maybe you're drunk. I don't care.

But, you're coming off as kind of an idiot.

Report the conversational name-calling if you want. Won't be the first time.

But, I'll not have a discussion with anyone who cannot deal with being called out; even if I choose to be a bit rude to idiots. And, even if they're too dense to realize I'm not disagreeing with them about the basic value of the actions we are discussing.

Call me whatever you want. I'll deal with your inaccuracies the same as if you didn't. It's my opinion people revert to getting butt-hurt about name-calling when they have no other option to edfend their position.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

Richard bloody Nixon could have come up with the idea for all i know.

The fact is.................Trump did it.

Well , unknown to you all Presidents have made a campaign promise to move the Embassy back
Bush , Bill , Bush , Barry .

Yeah?

Wasn't the reason to not do so due to political fallout and timing? An issue to be delayed to a further date when some political cohesion existed ?

If anything I'd say the relationship Israel has with it's neighbours has done nothing but deteriorate.

You could even call it choosing a side, nor that the US could ever call itself a neutral mediator with a straight face.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And , say I wanted to move my office from one floor of my home to another. Do I have to ask the person who rent's the little cottage in my back yard for permission ?
Hades no.

What was the point though? If the argument is "who cares"? We obviously do, to send a message. Our government is supposed to operate on separation of church and state, yet we just made a religious decision in a way. We got in the middle of the Abrahamic religions and said 14 million Jews in the world had more proclamation over a holy city when 1.3 billion Muslims also call it a holy city but will have restricted access.

Which is convenient, because when Muslims act out, it will give us more justification for failed wars in the Middle East.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

Well , unknown to you all Presidents have made a campaign promise to move the Embassy back

Yeah?

Wasn't the reason to not do so due to political fallout and timing? An issue to be delayed to a further date when some political cohesion existed ?

If anything I'd say the relationship Israel has with it's neighbours has done nothing but deteriorate.

You could even call it choosing a side, nor that the US could ever call itself a neutral mediator with a straight face.

No other President had the "cahoneys"
Fearing "world opinion"
Ridiculous way to set policy

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Easy there saying that, it's going to garner a response like "something something you're ignorant". Or, "you're ignoring history".

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yeah?

You're absolutely right.

But, why is it wrong when the US acts in its own self-interest?

I applaud such actions.

We should do more of it.

Why do we have to be the "neutral mediator?"

edit on 14/5/18 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yeah?

No other President had the "cahoneys"
Fearing "world opinion"
Ridiculous way to set policy

What pussy presidents before this one. I can't believe they didn't have the cahoneys to get a big stick and shove it right in a hornets nest just because.

It shows the world, we don't care about getting sucked in more debacles at the dime of the US taxpayers (citizens of course, Amazon gets a free pass).

Because when it comes to wasting money and lives for no reason in the Middle East... America is like "hold my beer", amiright?

Careful with that logic though, it's almost like you're ignoring history.

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
It boils down to..

Would you rather live next to a jew or a muslim..

I know what I would choose

Israel touts itself as being an all inclusive country, where Jews, Muslims and Christians can live together in harmony.

Israel stands for human rights. Israel cares for the least of these. Israel is inclusive. Every Israeli is supported and represented, regardless of whether they are Jewish, Muslim, Arab, Christian, male or female, young or old.
www.foxnews.com...
[editby ]edit on 14-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   

Politics fella it's got nothing to do with balls.

Just like the systematic bs played in the UN, the US playing the veto card every time some political dialogue could've been opened up.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hades no.

What was the point though? If the argument is "who cares"? We obviously do, to send a message. Our government is supposed to operate on separation of church and state, yet we just made a religious decision in a way. We got in the middle of the Abrahamic religions and said 14 million Jews in the world had more proclamation over a holy city when 1.3 billion Muslims also call it a holy city but will have restricted access.

Which is convenient, because when Muslims act out, it will give us more justification for failed wars in the Middle East.

What is the violation of "separation of Church and State" ? Is either Tel Aviv and/or Jerusalem in the US ?
Arent most embassies in the Capitol of the country ?
What does embassies or cities have to do with religion ?
Was the embassy built on any form of religious land ?
There was no "religious decision"
Some folks just try fitfully to create a response that matches their personal views
This one was an epic failure
(by the way , there is no separation of church and state in the Constitution)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join