It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of the Embassy Move. Jerusalem.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Civilized countries don't drone weddings either.

No one is innocent on this planet.

OK gotchya. So we can't disagree with their actions because we're bad too. Duly noted.

Not at all, but if you're going to take the high moral ground. . . check your footing.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Diplomacy...
That's funny.
Appeasement is the word you're looking for and that never works.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: alldaylong

Diplomacy...
That's funny.
Appeasement is the word you're looking for and that never works.

We disagree then.

That's fine.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yup. I was simply trying to provide evidence contrary to Gothmog's assertion that Trump has not "torn down," "old treaties."

I don't like factual inaccuracies.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

My point was that British Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn and some of his MPs have over the years been critical of Israeli government actions and have recently been embroiled in antisemitism accusations because of it.

Like American politics British politics has been infiltrated by a strong Pro Israel lobby who are not afraid to smear critics of Israeli government actions with the label even though the label is far from the truth.
edit on 14-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Civilized countries don't drone weddings either.

No one is innocent on this planet.

OK gotchya. So we can't disagree with their actions because we're bad too. Duly noted.

Not at all, but if you're going to take the high moral ground. . . check your footing.

I don't need to, I didn't drone a wedding or kill a protester. Governments I disagree with did.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Sump3

How is it on his hands?

Simple answer.

If Trump hadn't decided to move The Embassy, the protest wouldn't have happened.

No protest equals no death.

Trump equals relocation equals protest equals death QED.

If Fatah hadn't threatened death because 'embassy', the protest wouldn't have happened.

Jewish lobby equals relocation equals Fatah threat equals protest equals death.

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Weird times we live in man. Israel constantly uses the card that everyone is against them.... Which is funny, last I checked they can do pretty much whatever they want.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I note that you appear to be of the opinion that Trump was the first to come up with the idea of Jerusalem = Israels capital = US embassy location? Please tell me are are better informed than that?

Richard bloody Nixon could have come up with the idea for all i know.

The fact is.................Trump did it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: midicon

He likes to go in, after tearing down old treaties, with an outrageous demand then negotiate a better deal.

What "old" treaties has Trump "torn" down
Inquiring minds want to know.
(ssshhh....that is a trap. Dont fall for it.Or in it...)

Climate Accord. That's a treaty...

Here

He's also mentioned withdrawing from several other agreements. Whether that meets your definition of treaty, I'll leave that up to you. However, most people agree that agreements between nations are basically the same thing as a "treaty."

Also, See:

Congre ss' Abdication

So, maybe, you should be more critical of Congress and their failing to ratify sh*t...

In any case, the Paris Accords I linked should satisfy your "inquiring" mind if you're too dense to understand that moving the embassy is a BIG f'ing deal as relates to many agreements/treaties worldwide (I won't do google for you again).

Voluntary. Not binding in any fashion.
And I refuse to get into that sham....
So does Trump
Failure to ratify ? Its called choice , Bub . The US is under no obligation to follow the rest of the world . Ever. We dont give a rat's rear

You seem to have misjudged my beliefs...

That says all I need to know about you.

Your facts were wrong. I called you out after you asked for proof of Trump "tearing down," old treaties.. You called me, "Bub."

11k posts and mod status doesn't mean you're above getting called out for BS.

Thank you, drive through.

So , nothing of any value for your reply ?
In debate rules , you just failed miserably
Hahaha . I am like Trump as that I live to win....
Fulfilled my due diligence to ATS for today.
Come back when you have some intellectual points to discuss.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Zionists came up with the idea in..........1920
(yes - 27 years before Israels creation by the LoN)

In 1920, the British allied powers of the first world war held a conference that would determine the fate of the middle east after the demise of the Ottoman Empire. Among the decisions made was the decision to place a mandate on the land we now know as Israel to create a national homeland for the Jewish people. This mandate would come to be known as the Mandate for Palestine. This mandate would also recognize the historical connection between the Jewish people and the regions of Judea, Samaria. This land would include Jerusalem because the land includes the West Bank, which is after Jerusalem. This mandate would have allowed the Jewish people to create a capital city in Jerusalem. 1922, the league of nations approved Mandatory Palestine.

In 1945, the League of Nations was replaced by the United Nations. Within the United Nations Charter, there was an article included that would come to be known as article 80. This article dictated that any international instruments put in place by the League of Nations would not be changed or contradicted by the new governing body. This would include any of the middle eastern mandates put in place at the San Remo conference, which would also include the Mandate for Palestine. Making any changes to the mandate for Palestine would violate article 80 of the United Nations charter.

In 1947, under Resolution 181 by the United Nations, there was a proposal for a Jewish state and an Arab state, meanwhile Jerusalem would remain an international city. To be a citizen of Jerusalem would mean not being a citizen of the Jewish state or the Arab state. With this Resolution, Jerusalem would have remained an international city for ten years and then a vote would have been held to determine the status of jerusalem. The Jewish people accepted this resolution, the Arab communities did not. This would have been a violation of Article 80 of the United Nations’ own charter had it been accepted by both parties.

In 1948, Israel declared independence. Within twenty-four hours of declaring independence, five Arab states declared war on Israel. Israel may have held its own, but one of the results of the first Arab-Israeli war was Jordan’s illegal capturing and occupying of Jerusalem. Jordan would maintain their hold on Jerusalem until the six-day war in 1967.
just an irrelevant blog from someone, somewhere some time ago...

*This is a complex situation whose momentum and consequential desire for bloodshed is resultant from at least 2 generations of humans who both believe that Jerusalem is exclusively theirs*

^^^that is the understatement of the century.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: midicon

He likes to go in, after tearing down old treaties, with an outrageous demand then negotiate a better deal.

What "old" treaties has Trump "torn" down
Inquiring minds want to know.
(ssshhh....that is a trap. Dont fall for it.Or in it...)

Climate Accord. That's a treaty...

Here

He's also mentioned withdrawing from several other agreements. Whether that meets your definition of treaty, I'll leave that up to you. However, most people agree that agreements between nations are basically the same thing as a "treaty."

Also, See:

Congre ss' Abdication

So, maybe, you should be more critical of Congress and their failing to ratify sh*t...

In any case, the Paris Accords I linked should satisfy your "inquiring" mind if you're too dense to understand that moving the embassy is a BIG f'ing deal as relates to many agreements/treaties worldwide (I won't do google for you again).

Voluntary. Not binding in any fashion.
And I refuse to get into that sham....
So does Trump
Failure to ratify ? Its called choice , Bub . The US is under no obligation to follow the rest of the world . Ever. We dont give a rat's rear

You seem to have misjudged my beliefs...

That says all I need to know about you.

Your facts were wrong. I called you out after you asked for proof of Trump "tearing down," old treaties.. You called me, "Bub."

11k posts and mod status doesn't mean you're above getting called out for BS.

Thank you, drive through.

So , nothing of any value for your reply ?
In debate rules , you just failed miserably
Hahaha . I am like Trump as that I live to win....
Fulfilled my due diligence to ATS for today.
Come back when you have some intellectual points to discuss.

The "value," you choose to ignore is that I provided an example of that which you sarcastically asked for. Trump tearing down old treaties.

I did that and you ignored it. As I expected.

Would you like to discuss that?

Thought not since you fulfilled your due diligence and all.

Prove me wrong while abiding by your understanding of "debate rules."

I've got a feeling you don't really know much beyond google in this (and probably many other) matter.

Thank you, drive through. Douche.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yup. I was simply trying to provide evidence contrary to Gothmog's assertion that Trump has not "torn down," "old treaties."

I don't like factual inaccuracies.

Again , which treaties has Trump torn down ?
Most certainly no treaties on the Capitol of Israel being Jerusalem nor the US Embassy being relocated to the Capitol of Israel
Do you know where it was ?
Do you know why it was there ?
Where was the US Embassy at the beginning ?
What "treaty" moved it ?
How many US Presidents have not given a campaign promise to move the embassy back to Jerusalem ?

edit on 5/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Death toll has risen to at least 41 Palestinians killed and 1,800 injured.
What a bloody mess.

Human rights groups have condemned the Israeli military's use of force against protesters at the Gaza border. Amnesty International called it an "abhorrent violation of international law".

Israeli group B’Tselem said the Israeli authorities had shown an "appalling indifference towards human life" and called for an "immediate halt to the killing of Palestinian demonstrators".

"The demonstrations held in Gaza today came as no surprise. Israel had plenty of time to come up with alternate approaches for dealing with the protests, apart from firing live ammunition. The fact that live gunfire is once again the sole measure that the Israeli military is using in the field evinces appalling indifference towards human life on the part of senior Israeli government and military officials. B’Tselem calls for an immediate halt to the killing of Palestinian demonstrators. If the relevant officials do not issue an order to stop the lethal fire, the soldiers in the field must refuse to comply with these manifestly unlawful open-fire orders."

UN Secretary General António Guterres expresses concern about the reported death toll at the protests in Gaza, the Associated Press reports. "I'm particularly worried about the news coming from Gaza with the high number of people killed," he tells reporters in Vienna.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 14-5-2018 by gortex because: Add

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Zionists came up with the idea in..........1920

Have you heard the saying " Actions Speak Louder Than Words "

That is clearly what we have here.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Sump3

How is it on his hands?

Simple answer.

If Trump hadn't decided to move The Embassy, the protest wouldn't have happened.

Trump equals relocation equals protest equals death QED.

If Trump hadn't decided to move The Embassy back to Jerusalem, the protest wouldn't have happened.
There , I fixed your horribly inaccurate statement for you.
So , something that was moved voluntarily due to security concerns cannot be voluntarily moved back to it's rightful place ?
Answer that .

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well , unknown to you all Presidents have made a campaign promise to move the Embassy back
Bush , Bill , Bush , Barry .

edit on 5/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Death toll has risen to at least 41 Palestinians killed and 1,800 injured.
What a bloody mess.

Makes this comment seem funny now.

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: Metallicus
Lots of people are overreacting because of their long term hatred for the Jewish people and Israel. At the end of the day it won’t affect anyone in any tangible way where the U.S. embassy is located.

It is a big to do about nothing by small minded people who are going out of their way to find something to be angry about.

Life goes on...

The anger is NOT at Jews or Israel but the Israeli authorities for mindlessly killing people again and I'm sure live will go on for you, safely tucked within your bubble of ignorance

None of which has anything to do with where a building is located. And yes, it is absolutely hatred for Jews and Israel.

And as far as ignorance goes I am responding to it now.

Damn those Palestinians jumping in front of sniper fire just to make Israel look bad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join