It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Sarcastically Thanks Trump for Showing America’s ‘Real Face’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

“We are grateful to this gentleman who has come!” Ayatollah Khamenei said, according to a report posted on his official website.

“The things we have been saying over the past 30-some years — political, economic, moral and social corruption in the American administration — this man came and exposed them during his election campaign and afterwards,” Ayatollah Khamenei said, according to the text of the speech.

He added that a report that a 5-year-old boy had been handcuffed at Dulles International Airport, outside Washington, during enforcement of the travel order “shows the real meaning of American human rights.”

Iran’s Supreme Leader Sarcastically Thanks Trump for Showing America’s ‘Real Face’

The United States is being lectured on human rights by Iran. Has Trump done enough damage yet?

Just read the story linked to directly below to get some idea of what human rights are like in Iran. Iran treats its citizens like cattle.

Iran is seeking to reverse progressive laws on family planning by outlawing voluntary sterilisation and restricting access to contraceptives, in a move human rights groups say would set Iranian women back decades and reduce them to “baby-making machines”.

The Iranian parliament is considering two separate bills aimed at boosting the population. But Amnesty International warned in a report published on Wednesday that the proposals are misguided and, if approved, would “entrench discriminatory practices” and expose women to health risks.

Iran aims to ban vasectomies and cut access to contraceptives to boost births

Concerning Khamenei's statements about Trump, I think they are a little frightening. It sounds to me like Iran isn't a bit scared of taking on the U.S., and they know exactly what's at stake.

Expert: The war of words between Washington and Tehran could easily become shooting war
edit on 7-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Are you saying the US government isn't corrupt, or hasn't been?

Well that's certainly an interesting spin...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Edit : Nope. Told myself to stay out of politics. [ heads off to The Archives ]
edit on 7-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

So draining the swamp was a bad idea?

Last I checked many Americans felt the same way.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Imagine that, a transparent president that continues to follow through on his promises to his supporters.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Considering the Islamic Republic's leadership has spent years brainwashing their population and others to hate America - the Great Satan - and all that, it comes as a surprise Trump is the only evidence they have managed to come up with after all this time.

Iran is a revolting country, with terrible human rights, and a record of supporting mayhem and terror. What the leadership thinks of Trump is irrelevant. I have less time for Ayatollah Ali Khamene's views on Trump than I do of Trump.

On Iran... The authorities severely curtailed the rights to freedom of expression, association and assembly, arresting and imprisoning journalists, human rights defenders, trade unionists and others who voiced dissent, on vague and overly broad charges. Torture and other ill-treatment of detainees remained common and was committed with impunity; prison conditions were harsh. Unfair trials continued, in some cases resulting in death sentences. Women and members of ethnic and religious minorities faced pervasive discrimination in law and in practice. The authorities carried out cruel punishments, including blinding, amputation and floggings. Courts imposed death sentences for a range of crimes; many prisoners, including at least four juvenile offenders, were executed.

Amnesty and Iran

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Sounds like a compliment to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
yea there's always somebody in iran talking sh@@, we got one on ATS that likes to come on the boards telling us how great iran is and bragging about their ski boats capturing a broke down riverine boat.

i guess now that there's no one in dc that's going to give them everything they want in treaties, they are gonna whine a little louder.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. Americans on both sides of the political spectrum say that different agencies in our govt are corrupt, that our system is broken and/or hypocritical, and that many parts of society here suck. We constantly talk about how our own govt ignores the Constitution, steps on our rights, and/or abuses normal civilians, be it with 2nd Amendment rights, the TSA at airports, at BLM protests, at anti-BLM Bundy-led protests (the other BLM), etc.

But when a foreign leader agrees with us, we're supposed to pretend that we're outraged? Huh?

edit on 7-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

“The things we have been saying over the past 30-some years — political, economic, moral and social corruption in the American administration — this man came and exposed them during his election campaign and afterwards,” Ayatollah Khamenei said, according to the text of the speech.

Not sure if this is supposed to be praise or detriment, since it can be taken both ways.

Of course, coming from the Ayatollah, it's almost certainly a negative.

He added that a report that a 5-year-old boy had been handcuffed at Dulles International Airport, outside Washington, during enforcement of the travel order “shows the real meaning of American human rights.”

If true the officer responsible for that should be relieved of his duties. Thanks to the Ayatollah for bringing that to wider attention.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Didn't they already call America the great Satan?
How could Trump possibly lower their opinion of American more than it already was?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

originally posted by: JinMI

So draining the swamp was a bad idea?

Last I checked many Americans felt the same way.

Actually you just voted for a slightly different swamp.

The U.S. Gov. just sided with the Saudi Wahabists (or rather: continues the "excellent partnership") against the twelve Shia. That is the real reason for Trumps positioning against Iran.
Solidarity with Israel will be the smokescreen. You'll see.

Same # different POTUS.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
3 more days is the celebration of the revolution back in 1979 10 Jan= 22 Bahman, let’s see what will happen then.
His speech is not without reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2017 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What the hell is going on in this country? We have people so against our own president that we take the criticism used by one of our enemies who has no grounds to talk about human rights and use it to prove themselves right? This is just getting plain ridiculous. People say Trump is racist, sexist, and all that, but when a leader who actually is says something you jump on it because it fits your narrative. This makes me so angry. If you hate the US so much that you would prefer the rule in a nation like Iran, how about you all go live in a country like that and then come back and compare your lifestyle in each place.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I suggest everyone look up Evin Prison and the Bahi's Genocide.

And how many countries across the middle East Iran is fighting proxy wars.

Why yes people tell me why I should care what a Theocractic regime ran by a supreme leader has to say about America?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Imagine that, Iran is anti-American.

You know its a bad thing when even our 'enemies' weigh in.

Oh wait, Iran isn't our declared enemy, terror is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join