It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Sarcastically Thanks Trump for Showing America’s ‘Real Face’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

who is Iran to talk about human rights?

i dont see a flood of migrants at their door steps...

our hands are not covered in blood at home as they are abroad. good or bad...
this country is and has always been where all roads lead to... so to speak.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

originally posted by: neo96

Why yes people tell me why I should care what a Theocractic regime ran by a supreme leader has to say about America?

Because a 41-year old deal makes your nations monetary system dependent on their grace.

Whoops... wrong Theorcratic regime. My bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Neither country has any moral high ground. Let's not pretend that we care about human rights when we still do things like collateral damage, indefinite detention, and constant wars/proxy wars/regime changes. And not only is Gitmo still open, but our current President has even pledged to bring back waterboarding "and a hell of a lot more".

Though it's a bit odd that you mention "a flood of migrants at their door steps" as a part of your argument when Trump & his allies want to end that very migration at our door steps. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that one?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

Did you feel the same way when the Phillipines' President Duterte was insulting Pres Obama? There's at least 1 ATS thread about it (HERE) and it doesn't seem like too many people here minded. So I'm just curious if this is selective outrage on your part or if you consistently don't like it when foreign leaders insult sitting US Presidents?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Deflection... your asking questions that have nothing to do with what I said...

My point was that people are using the words of a leader that is actually bad to say our leader is bad. People are so he'll bent on bashing trump that they support the words of someone who condones execution of dissidents. That's cool though because we all hate America right?

I swore an oath to defend the constitution, not a specific person. The president regardless of who it is should be respected. I wasn't involved in the other thread you posted so I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with me.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee

Deflection... your asking questions that have nothing to do with what I said...

Yes they do.

My point was that people are using the words of a leader that is actually bad to say our leader is bad. People are so he'll bent on bashing trump that they support the words of someone who condones execution of dissidents. That's cool though because we all hate America right?

1. LOL I'm guessing you don't know who Duterte is, do you? He's the guy who launched a controversial drug war in the Philippines that's killed something like 7,000 suspects in the 7 months or so that he's been in office. He's even bragged of throwing suspects from helicopters. So ironically, you're making my point for me.

2. I don't hate America. I just hate some of the dumb crap we do.

I swore an oath to defend the constitution, not a specific person. The president regardless of who it is should be respected. I wasn't involved in the other thread you posted so I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with me.

I asked you point blank "Did you feel the same way when the Philippines' President Duterte was insulting Pres Obama?" That wasn't a thread in itself; it was an instance where the violent & controversial leader of a foreign country was insulting our sitting President at the time. That same leader was also saying that he wanted to cut ties w/the US and work closer with other countries like China.

I then linked a thread from September of last year to show that it wasn't new for people here to take the side of a foreign leader while that leader insulted a sitting US President. Does it make more sense now?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It always amuses me, when people try to attack a point, by saying that the issuer has done worse. Do people who make this sort of argument understand that it means nothing?

Let me give an example, which illustrates why this approach is ridiculous.

A man sits in court, accused of double murder. He stabbed a man to death. During the trial, he announces that another man related to the case, committed another murder. Turns out that the body is precisely where he knew it to be. Does his status as a murderer, alter the fact that he is correct about another man also being a murderer? No. Not even a little bit.

Does, therefore, the Iranian leader presiding over a human rights nightmare make him incapable of pointing out, correctly, that Mr Trumps policies have a tendency toward the inhumane in their execution? Not at all, not even a tiny little smidgen. So yes, Iran is a cesspool of human rights violations, in which it is dangerous beyond reason to be a woman, a homosexual, any kind of foreign, or, God help you, not a Muslim, but that does not change the accuracy of what its leader has said about Trump.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So what exactly is your point then? Are you agreeing or disagreeing? I'm very confused, I say I don't like people doing it. so the fact I didn't comment on a different similar situation means what? Yes I know who he is. I am just unclear the point of your referencing that it regards to what I said.

This not a trump is better than Obama thing which is actually what your trying to turn it into. So again I don't see how what your asking has anything to do with what I said since it was in reference to a specific situation.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This was why the CIA was originally designed for. Assasination of people like Irans supreme leader.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

If true the officer responsible for that should be relieved of his duties. Thanks to the Ayatollah for bringing that to wider attention.

What if there was sound reasoning for it? How about finding out if:
a) It is true
b) there was a good cause for it

I'll admit that there are not a lot of scenarios where a 5 year old should be handcuffed, but I wasn't there.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Imagine that, a transparent president that continues to follow through on his promises to his supporters.

So where are his tax returns like he promised.... so not so transparent at all!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

who is Iran to talk about human rights?

i dont see a flood of migrants at their door steps...

our hands are not covered in blood at home as they are abroad. good or bad...
this country is and has always been where all roads lead to... so to speak.

They've actually taken a good number of Shia refugees from Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Only natural since the Saudi-backed terrorists will exterminate them if they get their way.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: odzeandennz

Neither country has any moral high ground. Let's not pretend that we care about human rights when we still do things like collateral damage, indefinite detention, and constant wars/proxy wars/regime changes. And not only is Gitmo still open, but our current President has even pledged to bring back waterboarding "and a hell of a lot more".

Though it's a bit odd that you mention "a flood of migrants at their door steps" as a part of your argument when Trump & his allies want to end that very migration at our door steps. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that one?

Don't know where you got the information that President Trump is trying to end immigration to America but I would surely like to read the article. To the best of my understanding the travel ban is "temporary" to find a better way to vet persons from certain areas so that immigration can continue without the problems that create a very serious threat to this country. The countries listed in the ban cannot provide clear and concise documentation on their citizens which could to a disaster for America if left to continue as it is now.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Imagine that, a transparent president that continues to follow through on his promises to his supporters.

So where are his tax returns like he promised.... so not so transparent at all!

now now he didnt specify a date did he? he has his entire term to do so.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Of course USA has a lot goodness and success in many fields, no one denies this but we are speaking about the political face of USA specially regarding it's foreign policy.

The reason that makes Iran anti-USA is that USA is anti-people of middle east and Iran is in the middle of middle east.
For the people of middle east America is the main supporter of dictatorship, corruption, terrorism and war. This is the reality which can not change easily and unfortunately as time passes it is strengthened with more evidences.

Iran has a popular governing system, this is why the government of Iran reflects the anger of people unlike other countries of middle east which have puppet governments and dictators.

Some friends in this forum complain that Iran is a theocracy, yes they voted for this theocracy, they fought for this theocracy, they died for this theocracy, they wanted this theocracy. Even when the more lenient parties in Iran try to negotiate with USA, the outcome is nothing, why !?

All of us know the reason. All of us know the main enemy. Enemy of people. They are those minorities who have enslaved everyone specially USA. Those minorities who are influential a lot in the governing system of USA. Those zionists, elites, illuminati, freemason, extremist Evangelists or extremist Jews or extremist Muslims (those zombies trained by Ale-Saud) or whatever the hell they are called. Those who are behind the stupid behaviors of USA. Those who killed the people of USA on Sep 11. Those who killed Kennedy. Those who are preaching that the mission of USA is to serve Israel and to defend even it's oppressions, those who preached that USA should have attacked Iraq in order to hasten the return of Jesus ! those who pretend Muslims are the soldiers of anti-Christ and that Mahdi of Msulims is the anti-Christ ! while they themselves are more like the anti-Christ !!

As an Iranian I say we are all confronting a common enemy. The enemy of humanity and justice. This enemy incarnates in many forms but it's essence does not change.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

I agree, it seems that just for spite some think that is ok to sell their soul to the devil itself just to get back at Trump for been elected president.

What that tells you.

Irrational people are just that irrational and no matter how much you try to educate them they will always remain you know ironically irrational.

So the piece of crap Iran’s Supreme Leader laugh, guess what, who give a crap

He doesn't pay my bills.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Considering the Islamic Republic's leadership has spent years brainwashing their population and others to hate America - the Great Satan - and all that,

Considering the USA's leadership has spent years brainwashing their population and others to hate Islamic Republic - the Great Satan - and all that.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

If supreme leader was killed. Iran would finally be worth trying to work with. Until them its just another NK with a dictator in charge of a puppet government who can be vetoed by one man.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This was why the CIA was originally designed for. Assasination of people like Irans supreme leader.

You uh...

You know that's what got them pissed at us in the first place... right?

1953 Iranian coup d'état

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎‎), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project, or "Operation Ajax").

Oh and why did we do that?

They nationalized the oil industry, after the British-owned Anglo-Iranian Oil Company refused to submit to an audit.

Yeah, we overthrew a democratically-elected government... and it isn't even the only time the U.S. has done so.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Imagine that, Iran is anti-American.

You know its a bad thing when even our 'enemies' weigh in.

But CNN quotes that Iranian Leader AT LEAST once a day during various segments. You can tell by the context that CNN isn't reading and replaying what he says about Donald Trump in order to galvanize Americans behind the President.

CNN is a FACILITATOR of those who want to attack our President, and our Country. CNN is a TRAITOR within our borders. I hope Attorney General Sessions is already aware of this, and is planning measures to shut them the phuck up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join