It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: stumason

Which part of the local candidates are all members of the main parties do you not understand?

They aren't. I haven't yet voted in a single election where an independent or minor party hasn't stood. If you don't have one in your area, maybe you should consider standing?

What is your constituency?

I also asked you a genuine question earlier, amongst all your pointless whining, about what you would suggest we do about "the system" if it is broken. Nothing so far from you, just more complaints.
edit on 30/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Then shame on you for your lack of manners and bullying behaviour. I think and vote as I choose, regardless of anally retentive fools.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

Well, by the likes of you voting Tory, we get a tory government...

Thanks for that

Why would I want to vote out a MP who is doing a half decent job in my area?

If I lived down the road I would likely vote Labour as the tory candidate there is a right old school twat.

~But I dont.

If everyone voted for MP's based on ability to do there actually job all the crap MP's in Labour and the torys would be voted out and we may get some competent MP's in on BOTH sides.

But you people cant seem to comprehend that concept

You cant seem to see beyond the colour of a stupid badge.

I swear there a people who would vote for a donkey if it had the right badge.

They would vote for a pedo if it had the right colour........o wait people have!

edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I already told you the candidates for my local constituency, currently Cons. Candidates are Cons, Lab, Lib Dem, Green and UKIP, my location remains a matter of privacy.

As I said before, I cannot stand due to my job, the details of which are also a matter of privacy. In the current system I think it would also be futile unless anti corruption candidates were the majority.

If there was ever a glowingly good party /candidate I would consider voting for them, as it stands I do not want to vote for a corrupt system, and as I said before perhaps a ''no vote for a corrupt system'' campaign would at least bring attention to the fact that many would prefer to not vote than voting for a corrupt system.

Seeing as the system is corrupt from echelons above politics, it would require determining exactly the culprits in order for ousting them from any power.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well, by the likes of you voting Tory, we get a tory government...

Thanks for that

Why would I want to vote out a MP who is doing a half decent job in my area?

If I lived down the road I would likely vote Labour as the tory candidate there is a right old school twat.

~But I dont.

If everyone voted for MP's based on ability to do there actually job all the crap MP's in Labour and the torys would be voted out and we may get some competent MP's in on BOTH sides.

But you people cant seem to comprehend that concept

You cant seem to see beyond the colour of a stupid badge.

I swear there a people who would vote for a donkey if it had the right badge.

They would vote for a pedo if it had the right colour........o wait people have!

In an ideal world I would agree with you BUT and it's a big but....

If you vote Tory, you get a Tory government... simple as that, with all the old school, bank loving, poor hating, fox ripping, silver spooned haw haws that come with it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If you vote Tory, you get a Tory government... simple as that, with all the old school, bank loving, poor hating, fox ripping, silver spooned haw haws that come with it.

No because if you were able to understand my point people in constituency with the old school, bank loving, poor hating, fox ripping, silver spooned haw haws would vote them out. They would vote what ever party would get them out.

I don't have influence in those constituency only my own.

I only have influence constituency and I wont vote one of the few competent MP's out and risk putting in a possibly incompetent labour unknown who is linked to London big business.

We should be trying to keep competent MP's and kicking out the incompetent Labour or Tory.

Labour is full of usless MP's too. If we dont get rid of them and get a labour government we risk another Blair disaster.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Personally I want the UK to have a solely trading relationship with Europe, with an end to automatic free movement of EU nationals and NHS/welfare benefits availability as soon as they arrive on the island. I also want a points/need based immigration system on a par with the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US...
There is only one party campaigning for that, UKIP. It is for the EU issue alone that they will get my vote.

Pity though, my local MP is a good guy and I have had personal and professional dealings with him over the years, but he wants to stay in the EU and rejects any thoughts of Britain being in the EEA instead.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Unless you're a Judge, in the Police, in the Army or what have you, then yes, you can stand in the GE. Working for your local Council does not bar you from standing in the GE. Nice to see you read the links I gave you

And quite why you telling me your constituency is a matter of privacy is a mystery. It won't enable me to "track you down", I just want to see who is standing, because I do not believe for one moment all you have is the "big 5". I suspect that because it's only just begun, not all candidates have declared, but it is extremely rare not to have an independent or fringe party present.

And you're still just repeating the same old whinges and complaints - I asked, what do you suggest to change the "currupt system" you seem to love bleeting on about?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I do understand your point and it's a valid one.

But again only in an ideal world where people THINK and understand as you and I do, but they don't.

The reality is, vote tory, get tory and all it involves.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We're Here.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I honestly do hope you get the government you want.

Shake Westminster up as much as you can

MP's should represent there constituents.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

And yet, none of the parties involved in this race, seem at all capable of identifying and solving the root problems in our country. The Conservatives have no ability to understand why their policies are bad for our country, they have no ability to empathise with those in need, and they have no clue how to prioritise with regard to spending, or in terms of how to regain lost or unpaid tax, and who to get it from first.

The Labour Party have no plan, and given that the party is populated by the same sort of toffery as is present in the Conservative Party, but alleges to promote the needs and interests of the working people of Britain (despite the fact that none of the current crop of Labour politicians have ever held a job where any actual LABOUR was being done), you can bet that their policies will be as misguided, but in a different way, as their Conservative counterparts.

The Liberal Democrats... They had promise before the last election. Their policies were preferable to those of both the other big three parties, they seemed to be on the side of the powerless, to be vocal in defense of the voiceless, to be adamant in their desire to protect those who could affect their own destiny not one whit. AAAAAaaaand then they got into bed with the Tories, and proved that the only thing they were at all interested in was getting hold of a small sliver of power.

UKIP have made a name for themselves as being the party to vote for if ones politics are less xenophobic than that of the BNP, and more xenophobic and scapegoat reliant than that of the Conservatives. Frankly, I would like to eject the entire bunch of these tossers from the atmosphere of our planet, and await their fiery return to Earth with a cricket bat, the better to launch them skyward once more.

It is all very well to say, that if ones local MP has done good work for your family, vote for that MP, but we cannot ignore the wider problem, of poor central governance. The state of this years election pool is AWFUL! I want to see an election where the left has as much representation as the right, which it most certainly does not. I want to see an election with at least one party running on a ticket of removing corruption from Whitehall, of bringing criminal cases against, and imprisoning powerful people who have failed to pay the right tax, and will promise NEVER to chase a regular person, until all the fantastically rich tax dodgers, who are a far greater drain on the public purse than a thousand benefit claimants, have been imprisoned, and had their nett worth liquidated, and placed back in the public purse, where the vast majority of it probably came from in the first place!

There are no parties running on any such ticket, and until there are, there will be no one worth voting for.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
so....not voting then?
You can call UKIP whatever you like but they're the only ones offering EEA instead of EU. I want EEA and an immigration policy on a par with Canada, Australia, New Zealand, US... do you call those countries xenophobic as well?

edit on 30.3.2015 by grainofsand because: typos

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I honestly do hope you get the government you want.

Shake Westminster up as much as you can

MP's should represent there constituents.

we'll only ever get the government we want when we gain our independence, until then we will just have to do with sending as many MP's south of the boarder who genuinely have Scotland's interest at heart. and as of right now, the only party is the SNP.

3rd largest membership in the UK and pretty much seen as little more than a inconvenience down south.
Could someone enlighten me how this works..Scotland has 10% of the UK Population but at most can only send down 4.7% of MP's in the house of commons.?

These things are about to change. I also see plaid cymru upping there game and taking a few scalps.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: crazyewok
Tony Baldry

An absolute bloated, pompous, elitist f*ckwit of a man.....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Does it really make a difference who we vote for??

Yes if enough people stop voting for the two main parties

The system is corrupt from top to bottom.
They all work for the same puppet masters anyway.

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

So leaving the voting to the people who always vote for the norm. So you are self fulfilling prophecy!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I want to vote, but I refuse to vote for a continuance of the hegemony we have been putting up with since I was born, and I also refuse to vote UKIP, because regardless of which countries you want to hold up as an example of the immigration policy you want, UKIP are filth, worse than Tories, and I would'nt vote blue to save my life, so you can imagine exactly how opposed I am to UKIP.

Furthermore, UKIP, much like the Conservatives and Labour, are not addressing the problem with Whitehall, they have no intention of re-nationalising ownership of the buildings from which the HMRC operates, and would rather make everything about immigration, than deal with the real rot at the heart of British politics, and British society, which has NOTHING to do with immigration, and everything to do with the apparent capacity of a very small number of extremely wealthy individuals, to scam our country into handing them yet more money, and never paying a lick of the tax on it back to the treasury.

As far as I am concerned, if we solved the problems which sap money out of the system from the top, as opposed to worrying about the trifling concerns of the money falling out of the bottom, then those end of the line issues, immigration, benefits cheats (i.e. a tiny minority, not the ravening horde the Tories and UKIP might have you think about), and the spiralling cost of the NHS, would not bother even the most prudent voter, because if it were not for those companies and individuals who are stealing VAST fortunes from our government, we would be SWIMMING in bugetary surplus!

None of the parties want to confront that, and I suspect that the reason for that is that all members of all the large parties, have friends who directly benefit from the scams which fleece the tax payer of TENS OF BILLIONS PER DEPARTMENT, PER PARLIAMENT!

When compared with the piffling concern of a few hundred thousand people taking a longer than allowed "holiday" in my country, I rather think massive, industrial sized fraud against my nations government on the part of corporations is more of a concern.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I want to vote, but I refuse to vote for a continuance of the hegemony we have been putting up with since I was born, and I also refuse to vote UKIP, because regardless of which countries you want to hold up as an example of the immigration policy you want, UKIP are filth, worse than Tories, and I would'nt vote blue to save my life, so you can imagine exactly how opposed I am to UKIP.

Furthermore, UKIP, much like the Conservatives and Labour, are not addressing the problem with Whitehall, they have no intention of re-nationalising ownership of the buildings from which the HMRC operates, and would rather make everything about immigration, than deal with the real rot at the heart of British politics, and British society, which has NOTHING to do with immigration, and everything to do with the apparent capacity of a very small number of extremely wealthy individuals, to scam our country into handing them yet more money, and never paying a lick of the tax on it back to the treasury.

As far as I am concerned, if we solved the problems which sap money out of the system from the top, as opposed to worrying about the trifling concerns of the money falling out of the bottom, then those end of the line issues, immigration, benefits cheats (i.e. a tiny minority, not the ravening horde the Tories and UKIP might have you think about), and the spiralling cost of the NHS, would not bother even the most prudent voter, because if it were not for those companies and individuals who are stealing VAST fortunes from our government, we would be SWIMMING in bugetary surplus!

None of the parties want to confront that, and I suspect that the reason for that is that all members of all the large parties, have friends who directly benefit from the scams which fleece the tax payer of TENS OF BILLIONS PER DEPARTMENT, PER PARLIAMENT!

When compared with the piffling concern of a few hundred thousand people taking a longer than allowed "holiday" in my country, I rather think massive, industrial sized fraud against my nations government on the part of corporations is more of a concern.

If I could virtually leap to my feet, salute and applaud at the same time I would!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
I already told you the candidates for my local constituency, currently Cons. Candidates are Cons, Lab, Lib Dem, Green and UKIP,

In many constituencies there are candidates which are not part of the mainstream. I am not sure of the deadline for applications for 2015, but there's usually a rich tapestry. I would certainly consider voting for the Citizens for the Undead party, who campaign for increasing the statutory retirement age to beyond death, or the Fancy Dress Party who would build loads of new inflatable schools.

List of parties in the 2010 UK General Election

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Great post mate, pretty much my thoughts but put more eloquently!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join