It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

the entire Labour front bench were in Ministerial positions over the 13 years of Labour last time.

Your wrong.

Chukka Umunna , Rachel Reeves and Tristram Hunt where only first elected as MP's in 2010. Those are the three i know about. There are probably others if i care to check.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have no idea who said it, but, its true, "Nations get the government they deserve" , the whole world over, its coming true...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Politicians are like Diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons...Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Unemployment is down because 0-hour contracts are up!

That's not improvement...

That's a band aid on a gash!

Besides, millions are still unemployed, we still wonder how to pay our debts & insecurity for families is rife...

So none of the things he tried to claim improvements on have changed in the slightest!
Its the biggest con in employment figure history. if you added up the hours worked by those on zero hour contracts it would only add up to 20% of the hours that would make up full time jobs. Some people only work a few hours in any one week and others 1 week a month or 2 days a week. Its a joke and a lie. In real terms that have not reduced the unemployment figures!

F.ck the tories. Accept Labour as best option available. At least their austerity will be more balanced. They are cutting the cost of tution fees for students even when things are bad. So that's something.

We are all paying today in one way or another because of M Thatcher.

No council homes for our kids is a disgrace!

Investment is needed in big infrastructure projects (translport etc) and Government house building (300,000). All this would provide 1m jobs. A demand for materials and products etc. restrict the supply to domestic companies etc. Its not rocket science. I sent an email to Milly about how to address the problem and I got a reply. Who knows he might take some bits on board.

I also said that long term infractructure planing and projects should be taken out of the Gov remit and an independent boy set up to manage a 25 year plan. because whilst Govs change and change plans they will never get it right!

Thatcher is dead.

Thank god.

Yes she done some massive damage.

But Blair and Brown did not fix things between 1997-2010
They just brought the UK wars, loss of border control, more Unregulated banks and masses of Bureaucracy.

Dont you get it? Labour or Tory its irreverent in the grand picture. They both have there share of really # MP's

The aim is to remove the crap MP's from office in BOTH partys.

Would you rather vote for a Local labour MP in your constituency even if they were neck deep in scandals, voted for the Iraq war and were pro lobbyists just keep a Tory MP out of number 10?

If you are then your just a guilty for the crap the UK has suffered.

Of course I dont know your labour MP and if he/she if a upstanding member of parliament then please vote for them.
But don't vote for them purely because they wear a red badge!
edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Politicians are like Diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons...Mark Twain

Basically sums my point up.

Forget the party look at your MP and his/her voting habits and policy's.

If they are lobbyist puppets,warmongers, expense cheats ect

Vote em out!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I didn't alter any of the links.

As I said my comment was about local elections as it was a topic of conversation, not that it is of any consequence to you.

Any more nitpicking? You have been proven wrong on the thread at least 3 times already. Perhaps you should give up.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

OI

You two stop bickering and return to topic

Your making us look worse than the yanks with there bickering

Least no one has turned up to call Milliband or Cameron the Anti christ yet

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Besides, millions are still unemployed, we still wonder how to pay our debts & insecurity for families is rife...

So none of the things he tried to claim improvements on have changed in the slightest!
Its the biggest con in employment figure history. if you added up the hours worked by those on zero hour contracts it would only add up to 20% of the hours that would make up full time jobs. Some people only work a few hours in any one week and others 1 week a month or 2 days a week. Its a joke and a lie. In real terms that have not reduced the unemployment figures!

F.ck the tories. Accept Labour as best option available. At least their austerity will be more balanced. They are cutting the cost of tution fees for students even when things are bad. So that's something.

Investment is needed in big infrastructure projects (translport etc) and Government house building (300,000). All this would provide 1m jobs. A demand for materials and products etc. restrict the supply to domestic companies etc. Its not rocket science. I sent an email to Milly about how to address the problem and I got a reply. Who knows he might take some bits on board.

I also said that long term infractructure planing and projects should be taken out of the Gov remit and an independent boy set up to manage a 25 year plan. because whilst Govs change and change plans they will never get it right!

Thatcher is dead.

Thank god.

They just brought the UK wars, loss of border control, more Unregulated banks and masses of Bureaucracy.

Dont you get it? Labour or Tory its irreverent in the grand picture. They both have there share of really # MP's

Would you rather vote for a Local labour MP in your constituency even if they were neck deep in scandals, voted for the Iraq war and were pro lobbyists just keep a Tory MP out of number 10?

Of course I dont know your labour MP and if he/she if a upstanding member of parliament then please vote for them.
There is no alternative! best of the worst! And they are all poor!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

As usual an attempted derailment of civilized discussion by personal attacks.

I was just waiting for it appearing. Next time I will time it.

That aside, keeping on topic, I really think that voting for any of the main parties is voting for perpetuating the systems and status quo, as new candidates soon fill the shoes of the old, they are made for to fit a mould and they all do or they are kicked out.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Because it the first time I've been registered to vote in over 10 years. I will vote this year. I live in a TORY strong hold, but I'll be voting labour. I've had a look at the TORY MP voting record and its pretty much opposite to how I would have voted on the issues. I'ts actually quite an interesting election, with some or of the smaller parties in the "king maker" position. It could go a number of ways, but it will be a coalition government of some sort. It will be interesting to see how many seats ukip win and what power it leaves them in forming any coalition

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The only way forward for our country is to vote Conservative. Things are just better for the private independent sector when they are in office

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thatcher is dead.

Thank god.

There is no alternative! best of the worst! And they are all poor!

You failed to grasp my point.
*sigh"

You did not answer my question, are you going to vote for your local MP based on the colour of his badge and not his/her ability to do there job?

If MPs are doing piss poor jobs in both party's then vote them out. That way you can transform the party's to better quality.

PM position in itself is not that big a deal. They have limited executive powers. There powers lay in the MP's that support them.

If you vote for labour candidate in your area that is a known lobbyist shill, warmonger or scandal whore just to stop a tory entry YOU are responsible for breaking the country!

Same the other way round for a tory. If they are a lobbyist shill, warmonger or scandal whore vote them out.

Do you even know who your local MP is? Share?

If your going to vote purely on the badge colour of your local MP then dont complain if Britain continues down the toilet.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If I do vote, I will probably vote Conservative, because they are the lesser of 4 evils.

The local parish is Conservative and the guy hasn't made any crazy planning decisions etc, we have an M&S near rather than a nightclub, though there are improvements to be made.

If I could pick and choose policies, I would. Minimised intelligent immigration, a few of the green policies (just a few), maybe a few labour initiatives and some Conservative policies.

That said, I do believe that a revolution is in order and those behind all the politicians covering up scandals are sought and ousted, forever.

Though the likes of Stumason recommending them makes me think twice and inspires my inclination for hatred towards a corrupt system.
edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
The prospects for who could be in a coalition or informal grouping are very interesting. Normally libdems would be default coalition partners in any hung parlinent however looks like they are on course for a well deserved mauling.
I think ukip will do well in the total vote but return very few MPs.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
The only way forward for our country is to vote Conservative. Things are just better for the private independent sector when they are in office

No the only way forward is for us to vote the # MP's out of both partys.

I want Theresa may and Ian Duncan smith gone as much as I want Harriet Harmon and Jack Straw gone.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Because it the first time I've been registered to vote in over 10 years. I will vote this year. I live in a TORY strong hold, but I'll be voting labour. I've had a look at the TORY MP voting record and its pretty much opposite to how I would have voted on the issues. I'ts actually quite an interesting election, with some or of the smaller parties in the "king maker" position. It could go a number of ways, but it will be a coalition government of some sort. It will be interesting to see how many seats ukip win and what power it leaves them in forming any coalition

Least you looked up your local MP and made a informed decision.

Who was it by the way out of curiosity?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Tony Baldry

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Exactly. They are the best bet. Probably with a Liberal coalition to keep them in check. Truth is things are getting back to normal and Britain is doing ok. When the Tories are in power peole who work in the private sector do better. If you work in manufacturing (as I do) it's a no brainer. Things are always better under the Tories.

Thatcher saved our country and its industry in the 80's from us becoming a third world failed state. Things were going well too under Major........Then came Labour and our industry was wrecked. We are now just getting back to where we were. No more Labour please

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Tony Baldry

Private schoolboy
Linked with Thatcher
Voted to bomb Syria
Voted for Iraq.

Yup vote labour and vote the bastard out!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

No the only way forward is for us to vote the # MP's out of both partys.

I want Theresa may and Ian Duncan smith gone as much as I want Harriet Harmon and Jack Straw gone.

People aren't going to vote the powers that rule us out of office. Maybe in fifty years, just can't see it happening. As I don't work for the system, I'm going Conservative. It's better that way

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join