It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They have begun. David Cameron has just been to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace to tell her that Government is now in dissolution.

After stating that this general election will be the most important in a generation he has begun, along with the rest of the politicians, on a murderous campaign of vote collection to the detriment of the rest of the country.

These politicians are a clear and present danger.

Ed Miliband has a particular set of skills acquired over a period of years, skills that will have us taxed quite effortlessly.

Five more years, yes we can.

Nick Clegg has us to believe that the country will be lurching from left to right like a giant yellow rubber duck on stormy oceans.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: VOTE FOR THE MOON BUNNIES

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is how I urge everyone to vote:

Except the fact that on the large scale Camron and Milli band dont matter.

They are both Career politicians and party puppets.

Instead vote on how YOUR mp in YOUR area is doing.

Forget the party label.

Look them up.
Ask these questions:
1) Are they old school members of the "establishment"
2) are they old etonites or other private schoolboys/girls?
3) Are they from oxbridge?
4)Do they have links to big corperations?
5) Do they have aristocratic links?
6) Are they capable of independent thinking and vote against there party?
7) How has you areas fared in the recession compared to the rest of the country?
8) Do they ignore facts are common sense?
9) Do they have links to Thatcher and other pedo lovers?
10) How did they fare in the expense scandal?
11) Did they vote for Blair and Bushes crusades?

If its clear they are part of the establishment THEN VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT! Irregardless of party label.

We may not be able to change the Labor/Conservative party dynamic but we can fundamentally change the party's!

Vote the trash out labor and Tory.

Kill the establishment from the bottom up!

In my constituency Im Conservative, if I lived 2 miles down the road I would be voting labour.
Feck party loyalty and vote on the quality of the candidate in your area!
edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have the urge to say ''ugh''.

Politics schmolitics.

Same old same old except worse (the country is a mess) and better (people are waking up).

A new system is required, a truthful system where paedophiles aren't allowed, taxation is non existent or fair, money systems are relevant and valid for cultural progression, work is fair and all have a part to play, housing is decent, available and fairly priced, immigration is curbed and scourges sent packing.

Can any of the parties deliver this under the current system? Not likely!

Even worse, the likes of Salmond and Sturgeon issuing threats of wrecking the UK to oblivion is yet another risk factor of stupid, ill informed people voting for stupid, ill informed politicians.

Lunatic /asylum scenarios are not the stuff of civilized, cohesive societies.
edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Does it really make a difference who we vote for??

The system is corrupt from top to bottom.
They all work for the same puppet masters anyway.

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Take my suggestions above.

You cant change the labor/con dynamic in parliament so change the party's.

Look up your local MP see if they are doing a good job and if not sack the bastards.
Ignore the party label.

Even though Im voting for my con MP as she done a good job. I urge anyone on ATS who lives in Theressa May, Ian dunken smiths or George Osborne consistency to vote labor and get them old school torys out!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Does it really make a difference who we vote for??

The system is corrupt from top to bottom.
They all work for the same puppet masters anyway.

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

No its corrupt only because we allow corrupt members to sit in parliament.

The old school establishment want you to focus on the dog and poneys show that is the battle for PM.

But the REAL power is from the MP who make up the party's.

And YOU can vote those MP's in or out.

Forget the battle for PM focus on your own area.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Dont know about "dissolution" but our Government, for want of a better word, has been disillusioned for sometime.

Its all sham anyway, our vote counts for nothing. And lets face it who wants to keep pedophile harbourers in power.
edit on 30-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Local level politicians are just smaller cogs under the same big wheel. If they don't fit the big wheel agenda they will be removed. None of them are ever going to be allowed to be revolutionary even if they wanted to be, and it has to be said that they didn't become politicians by their outspoken revolutionary ideas.

Suffice to say they are glorified administrators on an ego trip and aren't there for any real value but being a subservient face for their masters.

Even at the highest echelons, the recent scandals have proven that the corruption is above politics. That is the power than needs ousting, until it is how can politics ever constructively evolve?

If everyone took part in a mass ''no vote for a corrupt system'' petition / campaign then something would have to be done, MSM would have to take notice, then that would be the start of revolutionising the political system for the good.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

vote on the quality of the candidate in your area!

And if they are elected to Westminster , after a short period of time they become a clone of what has gone before them.

There are zero honest and principled MP's. Once their snout is in the trough they just eat away like all before.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

vote on the quality of the candidate in your area!

And if they are elected to Westminster , after a short period of time they become a clone of what has gone before them.

There are zero honest and principled MP's. Once their snout is in the trough they just eat away like all before.

Then remove them next election.

Best way to make then work is to make it clear they are not in secure jobs and that there snout can be blocked from the trough.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think the people who we put forward or allow to be selected for such positions of power are simply of the wrong caliber, given there predisposition for power and the fact that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Why not select our political candidates via postcode lottery? After all we can't do any worse that the evil oogarts with there corporate controlled masters that are already in power.
edit on 30-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
They have begun. David Cameron has just been to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace to tell her that Government is now in dissolution.

Sorry to do this to you, but the BBC annoyed the hell out of me saying the same thing - they really have let standards slip on News 24 of late.

The Prime Minister DOES NOT tell the Queen Parliament is dissolved. He goes to ask her for permission to dissolve it.

It might seem like a minor technicality, but it's part of our constitutional makeup.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ironic, because that is supposed to be how you vote anyway! You're not and never have been voting for a Party - in fact, Political parties are not recognised in Parliament.

Good to know you're doing it properly though, Crazey!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

Ah yes, the tried and tested method of changing the system by.....doing nothing!

As long as apathy rules, we get the system we have. Until people start taking their responsibilities as citizens properly and taking some god damn responsibility, we will always have a bunch of muppets who've never had a real job running the country.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Ironic, because that is supposed to be how you vote anyway! You're not and never have been voting for a Party - in fact, Political parties are not recognised in Parliament.

Good to know you're doing it properly though, Crazey!

The problem is 99% (ok I pulled that stat from my arse) of UK public don't seem to know that though and seem focused on party's, party loyalty and the PM rather than there own local MP.

We all know there are MP's that are corrupt or have corporate and foreign interests that are not in the interests of the UK public. We even know who most of them are. But they never get voted out because Mr Joe Moron cant see beyond party politics or does not care to vote.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

Sorry to do this to you, but the BBC annoyed the hell out of me saying the same thing - they really have let standards slip on News 24 of late.

The Prime Minister DOES NOT tell the Queen Parliament is dissolved. He goes to ask her for permission to dissolve it.

It might seem like a minor technicality, but it's part of our constitutional makeup.

Hate to try and out pendant you but is that still true since the fixed term parliament act?
I think today was more a historical courtesy than anything else.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Removed by who? You know you can stand as an independent. No one can prevent you standing for Parliament as long as you don't disqualify yourself.

Think about it, if people actually voted properly (and not for the donkey with a red/blue rosette because their daddy and his daddy before him voted that way) then you could technically have a Parliament made up entirely of independents.

Typical nonsense from some around here when all I really here is lazy arse excuses to not face up to your responsibility so you can then spend the next 5 years bitching about how they don't represent you.

Newsflash - they represent those who vote for them and if you don't vote, then you can hardly sit there and whine about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes - it is still true. Only the Sovereign can dissolve Parliament.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

Ah yes, the tried and tested method of changing the system by.....doing nothing!

As long as apathy rules, we get the system we have. Until people start taking their responsibilities as citizens properly and taking some god damn responsibility, we will always have a bunch of muppets who've never had a real job running the country.

Thats the thing.

Someone will ALWAYS vote.

So even if 99% of the public don't vote. The super wealthy, Those with special interests and trade union wills.
And they will form a government from those votes. As it will be from support of special interest groups we will all be screwed, well more so than we are now.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The party political system is outdated and unrepresentative.
It promotes the myth that our options are either A, B or C when the reality is that very, very few of us agree 100% with the policies promoted in any individual party manifesto.
Party politics dictates adherence to the party line over the beliefs of the individual and often before the interests and wishes of constituents and the electorate as a whole.

We have a political system that is outrageously dominated with those from a specific privileged socio-economic background who have absolutely nothing in common with the realities of life of the vast majority of the electorate they purportedly represent.

Their primary concerns are one's of self-advancement and self-gain regardless of national or local well being or best interests.

The contempt and disdain they have for the electorate has increased to such an extent that they rarely even attempt to disguise it - a prime example is the constant denial of a referendum on EU membership despite up to 80% of the electorate wanting one.

To sum it up; we need urgent and radical reform of both our electoral and parliamentary procedures that provides us a representative and accountable system of government - a full system re-boot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join