It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I say if you vote in the ones who destroy our nation...
You have no right to complain!!!

Just remember they come from BOTH party's.

People like Toney Blair and Gorden Brown has done just as much to destroy the country a Camron and George Osborne.

If you going to vote Labor make sure he wasnt in the pre 2010 or at least pre 2005 batch of scum.

Sorry, and i hate when someone does this to me, but i have to put my foot down on this one..I constable Butterbean hereby charge you with at least 3 counts of really bad spelling.. how do you plead.?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Well, bugger me and call me Daisy...

I stand corrected!

Poor Queeny, then, having her Monday spoiled not just by Cameron turning up but swiftly followed by Nick Clegg!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Actually, a lot has changed. Unemployment is down,the deficit is going down, there will be a surplus in 17/18 etc..

Haha, you sound like one of them!

Got any facts and figures to back this up?

No, neither have the sickening politicians who spout this nonsense all day.

Anymore casually inserted items of support for your beloved party you'd like to slip in with no evidence?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

The clue is in the name - have another pop, I did link you to the correct guidelines...

Hint: You're looking at LOCAL ELECTION guidelines.

Here, I'll give you the link direct to the Electoral Commision PDF file, instead of making you look at a webpage...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: crazyewok

I say if you vote in the ones who destroy our nation...
You have no right to complain!!!

Just remember they come from BOTH party's.

People like Toney Blair and Gorden Brown has done just as much to destroy the country a Camron and George Osborne.

If you going to vote Labor make sure he wasnt in the pre 2010 or at least pre 2005 batch of scum.

Sorry, and i hate when someone does this to me, but i have to put my foot down on this one..I constable Butterbean hereby charge you with at least 3 counts of really bad spelling.. how do you plead.?

I plead Ipad with a #ty touch pad

O and Dyslexia. But mainly the dammed Ipad
edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Er, yes, the OBR confirms it all and in fact predict that the cuts won't have to be so steep as planned in the next parliament owing to a better than performing economy.

The fact you are not even aware of this is just a damning indictment on the level of understanding amongst the electorate, really.

Here, read their latest report and learn something - it won't hurt, promise....

Some snippets for easy reading:

We estimate that public sector net borrowing has fallen to £90.2 billion or 5.0 per cent of
GDP this year – down 41 per cent in cash terms and 51 per cent as a share of GDP relative
to the post-crisis peak in 2009-10
. Looking further ahead, on the basis of the medium-term
spending policy assumption provided to us by the Government, we expect borrowing to fall
in each year and to reach a small surplus in 2018-19. The Government no longer assumes
that it will cut public spending as a share of GDP in 2019-20, reducing the projected
surplus in that year to £7.0 billion from £23.1 billion in our December forecast.

The Coalition Government’s policy decisions in this Budget are not expected to have a
material impact on the economy. For the public finances, they ensure that net borrowing is
lower every year to 2018-19 than in our last forecast
, that the new fiscal mandate is met
with room to spare in 2017-18,[ that public spending as a share of GDP no longer falls to a
post-war low in 2019-20, and that the debt-to-GDP ratio falls a year earlier in 2015-16.

On our central forecast, the Government is on track to meet its new fiscal mandate with
£16.8 billion to spare. This implies a 65 per cent probability of success given the accuracy
of past forecasts. Achieving the mandate with this margin depends heavily on cuts in public
spending – particularly on public services and administration – implied by the first two years
of the Government’s medium-term spending policy assumption. The previous fiscal
mandate would have been met with £38.8 billion to spare in 2019-20. Public sector net
debt is forecast to peak in 2014-15 and to fall by 0.2 per cent of GDP in 2015-16 and a
further 0.5 per cent of GDP in 2016-17, thereby meeting the new supplementary target
. The
previous target would also have been met – the first time we have forecast debt falling as a
share of GDP in 2015-16 since March 2012.

edit on 30/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: and14263

Er, yes, the OBR confirms it all and in fact predict that the cuts won't have to be so steep as planned in the next parliament owing to a better than performing economy.

The fact you are not even aware of this is just a damning indictment on the level of understanding amongst the electorate, really.

Here, read their latest report and learn something - it won't hurt, promise....

Some snippets for easy reading:

We estimate that public sector net borrowing has fallen to £90.2 billion or 5.0 per cent of
GDP this year – down 41 per cent in cash terms and 51 per cent as a share of GDP relative
to the post-crisis peak in 2009-10. Looking further ahead, on the basis of the medium-term
spending policy assumption provided to us by the Government, we expect borrowing to fall
in each year and to reach a small surplus in 2018-19. The Government no longer assumes
that it will cut public spending as a share of GDP in 2019-20, reducing the projected
surplus in that year to £7.0 billion from £23.1 billion in our December forecast.

The Coalition Government’s policy decisions in this Budget are not expected to have a
material impact on the economy. For the public finances, they ensure that net borrowing is
lower every year to 2018-19 than in our last forecast, that the new fiscal mandate is met
with room to spare in 2017-18, that public spending as a share of GDP no longer falls to a
post-war low in 2019-20, and that the debt-to-GDP ratio falls a year earlier in 2015-16.

On our central forecast, the Government is on track to meet its new fiscal mandate with
£16.8 billion to spare. This implies a 65 per cent probability of success given the accuracy
of past forecasts. Achieving the mandate with this margin depends heavily on cuts in public
spending – particularly on public services and administration – implied by the first two years
of the Government’s medium-term spending policy assumption. The previous fiscal
mandate would have been met with £38.8 billion to spare in 2019-20. Public sector net
debt is forecast to peak in 2014-15 and to fall by 0.2 per cent of GDP in 2015-16 and a
further 0.5 per cent of GDP in 2016-17, thereby meeting the new supplementary target. The
previous target would also have been met – the first time we have forecast debt falling as a
share of GDP in 2015-16 since March 2012.

OBR is a well known Tory propaganda machine.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

No, it isn't. If Labour get in in 5 weeks, they'll be issuing the same reports based on that Governments budget projections and economic outlooks.

Simply saying something is "well known" doesn't make it so, although I know you only said this to attach the label as to obfuscate the point.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You replied to my comment which was about LOCAL ELECTIONS.

You said this, which is utter garbage:

Removed by who? You know you can stand as an independent. No one can prevent you standing for Parliament as long as you don't disqualify yourself

Here are the facts for GENERAL ELECTIONS there are disqualifiers:
www.electoralcommission.org.uk...

Disqualifications

1.4 Apart from meeting the qualifications for standing for
election, you must also not be disqualified from standing at the
time of nomination and on the day of the election.
Disqualifying offices
1.5 Certain post-holders are disqualified from becoming a
Member of Parliament. These include:
 civil servants
 members of police forces
 members of the armed forces
 government-nominated directors of commercial
companies
 judges
 members of the legislature of any country or territory
outside the Commonwealth
 peers who sit and can vote in the House of Lords
 bishops of the Church of England (known as the Lords
Spiritual) who are entitled to sit and vote in the House of
Lords
1.6 This list is not comprehensive and detailed lists of
disqualifying offices are set out in the House of Commons
Disqualification Act 1975 (as amended).
Incompatible offices
1.7 Being a Member of the European Parliament is
incompatible with being a Member of the UK Parliament.

edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Tindalos2013

The party political system is outdated and unrepresentative.
It promotes the myth that our options are either A, B or C when the reality is that very, very few of us agree 100% with the policies promoted in any individual party manifesto.
Party politics dictates adherence to the party line over the beliefs of the individual and often before the interests and wishes of constituents and the electorate as a whole.

We have a political system that is outrageously dominated with those from a specific privileged socio-economic background who have absolutely nothing in common with the realities of life of the vast majority of the electorate they purportedly represent.

Their primary concerns are one's of self-advancement and self-gain regardless of national or local well being or best interests.

The contempt and disdain they have for the electorate has increased to such an extent that they rarely even attempt to disguise it - a prime example is the constant denial of a referendum on EU membership despite up to 80% of the electorate wanting one.

To sum it up; we need urgent and radical reform of both our electoral and parliamentary procedures that provides us a representative and accountable system of government - a full system re-boot.

But considering that isn't happening right now... let's just say ANYONE but the Tories

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Actually, a lot has changed. Unemployment is down,the deficit is going down, there will be a surplus in 17/18 etc..

Haha, you sound like one of them!

Got any facts and figures to back this up?

No, neither have the sickening politicians who spout this nonsense all day.

Anymore casually inserted items of support for your beloved party you'd like to slip in with no evidence?

I vehemently disagree with the torys attacks on Disability claimants.
I used to be on it before my health improved and I have a relative on it who is wheelchair bound.
And the cuts to that have made me detest a number of torys.

But Stumson is right. We are the fasted growing western economy in the world.

The stats are out there.

edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No, it isn't. If Labour get in in 5 weeks, they'll be issuing the same reports based on that Governments budget projections and economic outlooks.

Simply saying something is "well known" doesn't make it so, although I know you only said this to attach the label as to obfuscate the point.

Of course Labour will use the Tory invented and run OBR because the Tories and Labour are two cheeks of the same arse.

Labour will continue the work of the Tories and trot out the same "Amazing" facts and figures, when in reality the correct facts and figure are hidden from us all.

You Talk about deficit being down, that means nothing when the national debt is rising by the second.

No matter how yourself, the Government or the OBR try and spin it, our unborn grandchildren are already in debt to the tune of £30,000 +, but alas, not to worry, Gidiot has it all under control. The Man was a Failure all his days and i see nothing has changed.

Lies, Lies and more Lies.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

You replied to my comment which was about LOCAL ELECTIONS.

And one wonders why you were talking about local elections in a thread about the General Election - the only answer is you got it wrong and are now trying to cover the fact.

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
You said this, which is utter garbage:

Removed by who? You know you can stand as an independent. No one can prevent you standing for Parliament as long as you don't disqualify yourself

Hint : "No one can prevent you standing for Parliament as long as you don't disqualify yourself"

And by that, I meant the very thing you are now posting below about disqualifying jobs, which is "disqualifying yourself" - ie; through your own actions, vis a vis, taking a job that disqualifies you.

I know full well what the process is for standing for Parliament, clearly you do not and had to have it pointed out to you, twice, as you got confused with local council elections.

On second thoughts, it's probably better you don't vote.....

edit on 30/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The only reason you dislike the OBR is because they shat all over the SNP's promise of a land filled with the rivers of gold paid for by fanciful Oil prices..

I know your game, Solo...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Unemployment is down because 0-hour contracts are up!

That's not improvement...

That's a band aid on a gash!

Besides, millions are still unemployed, we still wonder how to pay our debts & insecurity for families is rife...

So none of the things he tried to claim improvements on have changed in the slightest!
Its the biggest con in employment figure history. if you added up the hours worked by those on zero hour contracts it would only add up to 20% of the hours that would make up full time jobs. Some people only work a few hours in any one week and others 1 week a month or 2 days a week. Its a joke and a lie. In real terms that have not reduced the unemployment figures!

F.ck the tories. Accept Labour as best option available. At least their austerity will be more balanced. They are cutting the cost of tution fees for students even when things are bad. So that's something.

We are all paying today in one way or another because of M Thatcher.

No council homes for our kids is a disgrace!

Investment is needed in big infrastructure projects (translport etc) and Government house building (300,000). All this would provide 1m jobs. A demand for materials and products etc. restrict the supply to domestic companies etc. Its not rocket science. I sent an email to Milly about how to address the problem and I got a reply. Who knows he might take some bits on board.

I also said that long term infractructure planing and projects should be taken out of the Gov remit and an independent boy set up to manage a 25 year plan. because whilst Govs change and change plans they will never get it right!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You are as usual nit picking and being ridiculous and offensive as I suspected you would as soon as I write anything about politics you are sure to appear spreading rudeness and offensive comments.

Your method and objective has failed Stumason.

I have linked correct sources for both local (to which I was referring) and general elections, pointing out to you that my occupation disqualifies my standing for election. It isn't disqualifying myself by an act, it is condition of standing for election.

That aside, the fact is that choosing to vote is a choice and only the standing candidates can be voted for, regardless of the offensiveness of your comments.

Perhaps you shouldn't vote, the opinions of bullying idiots is something the UK doesn't need.

edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol

The only reason you dislike the OBR is because they shat all over the SNP's promise of a land filled with the rivers of gold paid for by fanciful Oil prices..

I know your game, Solo...

The OBR Predicted that the price of oil would be $100 a barrel, the SNP predicted $110 a barrel, the UK government predicted $120 a barrel, i think we can agree when it come to predictions neither of them are Nostradamus..

If they shat over anyone's promises and predictions i would say the shat over Osbourne and co a lot more than Salmond and co.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Yeah, nice edit there - going back and adding in the "local" to the post where you linked the guidelines..

Which begs the question...Why are you talking about guidelines for candidates in local elections, in a thread about the General Election? They have totally different rules and voting practices.

Answer - you didn't say local in the first instance and have now gone back to change it to save face.

Yes, well done, you did link the guidelines for "local elections", but why? It makes no sense!

And no, you don't have to vote only for the "standing candidates". You can still spoil your ballot, which is still counted and is a legitimate and long standing form of protest - it is effectively saying "None of the Above".

But you'd rather sit on your arse, doing nothing to change anything, yet moaning about it all.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I seem to remember being told vote no to keep the oil jobs, look how well that is working out...

edit on 30-3-2015 by ScepticScot because: bloody phone

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join