It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I think a lot of people are in for a *surprise* when the results

come out including Cameron/Clegg/and Milliband!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia I certainly didn't belong to any societies, where it was deemed "fun to smash up restaurants and throw money at the owners. That would have landed me in jail, which kind of put me off

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I actually think the Conservatives are going to win outright. I wasn't sure either way until the last couple of days but Labour seem to be doing everything to throw the election. And, frankly, people are seeing the potential SNP-Labour alliance that the Labour leader is trying so hard to deny - or he was anyway......now he is saying "er possibly" - and that after last weeks "Leadership Debate" where he stated in very clear "absolutely no way i will do a deal with them".

In other words he is already backtracking / lying and he isn't even in office......

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

he is already backtracking / lying and he isn't even in office

Which is why I want another coalition. Let them spend their energy lying to each other, and their BS being outed by the other party.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi

he is already backtracking / lying and he isn't even in office

Which is why I want another coalition. Let them spend their energy lying to each other, and their BS being outed by the other party.

I wouldn't be against that - coalitions are really a true expression of democracy in action. And to be honest, regardless of political affiliation, all the parties have at least a couple of crazy policies this time round - it wouldn't be a bad thing to have some of these diluted because of coalition!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: eletheia I certainly didn't belong to any societies, where it was deemed "fun to smash up restaurants and throw money at the owners. That would have landed me in jail, which kind of put me off

I too did not get up to anything that was too embarrassing, However

remind me that I'm wrong but didn't many young 'rock bands' trash Hotel

rooms/suites, throwing TV's out of windows and get ejected from

restaraunts for throwing food etc.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheiathose rock bands never went on to becoming the leaders of our nation. Their actions were generally frowned upon by ruling elites

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The British parliamentary permanent under secretaries need to be got rid of as well, they advise their MP boss's on what they 'can' and 'cannot' do, so the dumb MP's take their word for it.
None of them have had an actual job in their lives, such as an auto mechanic, ditch digger, doctor, pilot, etc.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think the hilarious thing in my consistency is the Labour candidate is a public school boy who works in city finance and the Conservative is a Comprehensive state school girl born to a common social worker.

I mean come on I thought Labour were meant to be the working class state schooled anti bankers

edit on 6-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I left England for Australia, not because of Politics, but climate, space and better lifestyle.

When we first landed there were these free Electric BBQs in the lovely parklands, we were grossed out cos in England they would either be broken or covered in dog sh1t.

We use them now.

My boy is in high school and hasnt seen a school fight or any bullying. There are 4 skate parks nearby, loads of sports clubs, a BMX track and miles of dog sh1t free beaches.

Life is what I would call easy here. I went home year before last, friends all out of work, couple of divorces (from no work opportunities) one mates kid up the duff another in trouble in school. On mates daughter is training in Law so that was nice. I had to play down Australia because they were so poor, did nothing and had nothing...

I know its not everyone in the UK, but its a fekn sh1t place that needs a big change.

Vote UKIP, give them 4 years to destroy it, then vote someone who will rebuild in a better place, you cant rebuild until its knocked down.

Vote UKIP, its the only way to make Labour and the Conservatives stop and rethink. UKIP cant destroy much in 4 years, but they can make those 2 other parties stop and realise, they are not in charge, the people are.

Vote UKIP.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The British parliamentary permanent under secretaries need to be got rid of as well, they advise their MP boss's on what they 'can' and 'cannot' do, so the dumb MP's take their word for it.
None of them have had an actual job in their lives, such as an auto mechanic, ditch digger, doctor, pilot, etc.

Often agree qith you but massively disagree here. Usually, the PPS are the only sensible things in Whitehall. A simple example for you - under the Labour government, it was decided that the Foreign Office library was no longer needed or essential (this being where diplomats touch up their foreign language skills). The PPS's pointed out this was a very bad idea as, you know, speaking the language of where you are posted is really quite essential.....they were over ruled. Thankfully, Hague reinstated the library when he was Foreign Secretary.

There are numerous similar examples from every Tory and Labour government going back pre World War 2. Basically speaking, the PPS's are there to insure that the actual politicans know how to run a country. Rather than getting rid of them, there should be laws stating that Politicans need to listen to them on actual matters of state.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think the hilarious thing in my consistency is the Labour candidate is a public school boy who works in city finance and the Conservative is a Comprehensive state school girl born to a common social worker.

I mean come on I though Labour were meant to be the working class state schooled anti bankers

WOW!!

So much for those who keep bleating about and referring to "The ruling elite."

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: crazyewok

I mean come on I though Labour were meant to be the working class state schooled anti bankers

WOW!!

So much for those who keep bleating about and referring to "The ruling elite."

Look at Milliband. He is hardly a working class hero.

He is a Oxford schooled career politician. He is just as elite as Camroon, Clegg , Osborne and Johnson.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
One more for you. The future of England and the true face of Labour...segregation anyone?

I promise if you look hard enough there's definitely a white guy in the room. It is England and not Afghanistan I swear. lol

Strange how many of the women have beards. Look closely and you'll see there's no segregation.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I actually think the Conservatives are going to win outright. I wasn't sure either way until the last couple of days but Labour seem to be doing everything to throw the election. And, frankly, people are seeing the potential SNP-Labour alliance that the Labour leader is trying so hard to deny - or he was anyway......now he is saying "er possibly" - and that after last weeks "Leadership Debate" where he stated in very clear "absolutely no way i will do a deal with them".

In other words he is already backtracking / lying and he isn't even in office......

LOL!! You mean he's going to have to smash his written in stone

10 commandment/manifesto slab for the no. 10 garden.....

Hears an idea what do you think? >>>>

No party has the required majority, but UKIP have made waves with a much

larger % of votes than was ever thought. Both Con. and Lab. try all ways to

form a coalition government, but nothing is working out so they have to have

another election in the autumn and before Christmas.

Now Cameron has already *said* he wont be going for a third term, so Boris

throws his hat in the ring as leader of the Conservatives.

If Millipede looses will he resign?

Do you think this will make any difference to a second election??

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

LOL! Should have gone to specsavers...there are no women with beards, I think the one in question has a child on her knee and his hair is level with her chin height..lol

Anyway they bang on about multiculturalism...I don't see any multiculturalism here, do you?
edit on 6-5-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
AAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGG

Sorry about that. I heard the line "Hard working families" again.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Hmm, interesting premise. Under those circumstances, i think that a lot would depend on both Boris and Labour. What he have seen with Boris (love him or hate him) is that as soon as the Tories wheeled him out this time round, their popularity increased. So in that sense, i could honestly see the Tories extending their share of the vote.

As to Labour, much would depend on whether or not they descend into their usual in fighting and bitterness that always occurs when they lose an election. If they could avoid this, they could also increase their share of the vote.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

There's about 30 men in the 'women only section'. It's hard to make out due to the way the paper cropped the photo but clothes and white religious hat things give it away.

It's not that surprising there's few white people there as the meeting was held at an Islamic centre addressing the lack of Muslim voters in the UK.

I'm massively anti-segregation myself (what's the point of it? Allowing males and females to be treated differently under the guise of respecting a religion or culture is a pathetic excuse) but this is a complete non-issue the papers have tried to twist into something it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join