It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruthPolitics schmolitics.

starred and agreed. the whole shebang is a cesspit of fraud, corruption and deceit.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: crazyewok

The only way forward for our country is to vote Conservative. Things are just better for the private independent sector when they are in office

No the only way forward is for us to vote the # MP's out of both partys.

I want Theresa may and Ian Duncan smith gone as much as I want Harriet Harmon and Jack Straw gone.

People aren't going to vote the powers that rule us out of office. Maybe in fifty years, just can't see it happening. As I don't work for the system, I'm going Conservative. It's better that way

Im going Conservative mp in my area purely due to the fact she doing a decent job.

Do you know your local MP and if he/she is a decent MP or a scum bag?
edit on 30-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
In general agree with you about looking at the individuals record but should a private education be a disqualifier for your vote? Genuine question.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I teach in public and private education, I am also self employed as an artist so I have to consider both factors.

When labour were in power previously I worked front line public services, mental health and housing, including those of asylum seeker status, I seen first hand how the system became out of control under labour.

They trashed the economy, that was a travesty and Blair should be accountable.

There are aspects of all parties that I frown at but one has to consider the bigger picture. If there was a ''vote constructive, organised revolution'' button I would be pressing it.
edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
In general agree with you about looking at the individuals record but should a private education be a disqualifier for your vote? Genuine question.

Depends on other factors.

If they have a good voting record and have a clean record then no not on its own.

And it depends on what private school too.

Lets face it we have got enough etonites in Government

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
Certainly I am no labour supporter but the idea that they trashed the economy is pretty much myth. The UK economy was generally pretty good pre crash and was being successfully managed to recovery before the 2010 election.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That seems a pretty reasonable way of looking at it. Damn hate it when I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The only way forward for our country is to vote Conservative. Things are just better for the private independent sector when they are in office

I want Theresa may and Ian Duncan smith gone as much as I want Harriet Harmon and Jack Straw gone.

People aren't going to vote the powers that rule us out of office. Maybe in fifty years, just can't see it happening. As I don't work for the system, I'm going Conservative. It's better that way

Im going Conservative mp in my area purely due to the fact she doing a decent job.

Bill Cash. He is a decent guy. There are some who I wouldn't give anything for but I do like Mr Cash

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

That's pretty interesting, someone with views from both angles public and private. To many it depends on which side of the fence you sit on......... You are on both

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Perhaps it should read as the greater, long term economy and the impact their borrowing and spending on wars and unsustainable immigration has had on society. The essential infrastructure is strained and resources stretched to breaking due to their mismanagement, they aren't the only culprits of mismanagement, that could apply to governments in general.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Your wrong.

Chukka Umunna , Rachel Reeves and Tristram Hunt where only first elected as MP's in 2010. Those are the three i know about. There are probably others if i care to check.

Ok, fair enough, it was hyperbole on my part, but a good chunk of them were.

Ed Miliband - Former SoS for the Department of Energy
Harriet Hatesmen - Various roles in Cabinet
Douglas Alexander - Various roles in Cabinet
Yvette Cooper - Various roles in Cabinet
Ed Balls - Former Children's Secretary and Economic Advisor to Brown.
Andy Burnham - Chief secretary to the Treasury, Culture secretary and Health secretary
Hillary Benn - Environment secretary
Sadiq Khan - Former government whip, local government minister and transport minister
Vernon Coaker - Various roles in Cabinet
Caroline Flint - Housing minister before becoming Europe minister
Angela Eagle - Various roles in Cabinet
Chris Leslie - Various roles in Cabinet
Maria Eagle - Various roles in Cabinet
Jim Murphy - Various roles in Cabinet
Ivan Lewis - Various roles in Cabinet
Rosie Winterton - Former Chief Whip

After this, I got bored going through all the junior ministers, but my point stands. Of the three you quoted, two worked for the Labour party prior to selection in 2010, with one being the PPS to Ed Milliband during the last Government.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I would like a perfect, shiny, new fence surrounded with pretty flowers, happiness and bathed in sunshine, oh wait we are talking about politics, if only nice thoughts could be thought about politics.

I would so love to think ''yes, this is how it should be'' about how our country is run, but alas it appears a dream.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: stumason

I didn't alter any of the links.

As I said my comment was about local elections as it was a topic of conversation, not that it is of any consequence to you.

Any more nitpicking? You have been proven wrong on the thread at least 3 times already. Perhaps you should give up.

So you say, but I know you changed it after I pointed out your error. I mean, you still haven't answered why, in a thread about the GE, you were saying you couldn't stand for election in a local election... You've proven nothing, so moving along

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That aside, keeping on topic, I really think that voting for any of the main parties is voting for perpetuating the systems and status quo, as new candidates soon fill the shoes of the old, they are made for to fit a mould and they all do or they are kicked out.

You still don't get it, do you?

You don't vote for the Party! Party's are not even part of Parliament, you vote for your local candidate.

And I quoted you this time to save on any convenient edits....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Actually I didn't so stop the accusations. The links to each as relevant and unchanged, I added the link to GE as I forgot to add any link at all. Apart from that, it is as I wrote it, save for a typo correction or two.

As for your ''move along'' comment, I doubt you would say it to my face and personal offensiveness is far from internet etiquette so perhaps it is you and your ego that should ''move along''.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Which part of the local candidates are all members of the main parties do you not understand?

Or is it that you can't stand women having political opinions based on your misogynist fraternity allegiance (or pretend allegiance to).
edit on 30-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Take my suggestions above.

You cant change the labor/con dynamic in parliament so change the party's.

Look up your local MP see if they are doing a good job and if not sack the bastards.
Ignore the party label.

Even though Im voting for my con MP as she done a good job. I urge anyone on ATS who lives in Theressa May, Ian dunken smiths or George Osborne consistency to vote labor and get them old school torys out!

Well, by the likes of you voting Tory, we get a tory government...

Thanks for that

link   

Actually I didn't so stop the accusations. The links to each as relevant and unchanged, I added the link to GE as I forgot to add any link at all. Apart from that, it is as I wrote it, save for a typo correction or two.

Righto - we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

As for your ''move along'' comment, I doubt you would say it to my face and personal offensiveness is far from internet etiquette so perhaps it is you and your ego that should ''move along''.

Actually, yes I would. In fact, I doubt I'd be anywhere as polite about as it I am compelled to to be on ATS.

link   

Bill Cash. He is a decent guy. There are some who I wouldn't give anything for but I do like Mr Cash

dunno he hits too many suspicious points for me:

Knew Thatcher
Private school
Voted for Syria
Was involved in the expense scandal.
comes from a politically linked family.

But he is a Euro skeptic and voted against Iraq so he has that in his favour!

But you know him and you have mad a informed choice which is more than can be said for most voters so I respect your vote.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The absolute truth is we live in a wonerful country. It really is an amazing place. Whoever gets in as long as they can edge us along and keep what we have then all the best to them

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join