It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl forced to run to death, after lying about eating a sweet on the schoolbus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Did you really just call Rocker a liberal?

Oh man, if he's liberal I must look like a Marxist Communist!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: UnBreakable

Did you really just call Rocker a liberal?

Oh man, if he's liberal I must look like a Marxist Communist!

No, I didn't call him anything. That sure was a bleeding heart statement though.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is the week for crap grandparents. I hesitate to post this article because one, I don't know whether it's been posted, and two, this is beyond horrid. But the grandparent in the OP has nothing on this grandmother:

Grandmother kills baby...

The link above is an article on CNN regarding a Chicago grandmother who killed her grandchild with a power tool. The grandmother also attempted suicide, but failed unfortunately. Now the Chicago taxpayers have to fund a trial and jail cell for another woman who shouldn't be walking the earth anymore.

So sick of these stories where children are the victims of failed society. What the hell is wrong with people?!

On a side note... what is wrong with the neighbors? They see someone out yelling at a kid that's been running circles in a yard for three hours and they keep their mouth shut? People can call the police for spanking a child in a Walmart, but not for this?
edit on 3/11/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

A society disillusioned with it's standing. A generation that has by and large nothing to show for it aside from the internet. This generation didn't win any wars against violent oppressors. This generation did overcome crippling poverty to rise from ashes. This generation didn't fight to free the slaves.

Our battles are internal. And oftentimes, we lose.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

So damn sad. Adults are supposed to nurture and protect young ones.

Time that the grandmother and mother to start running for their sentence, until they drop.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Sorry about your abusive childhood. But be glad you're still alive, unlike that poor girl.

I am, believe me, I am. Very scarred though. Physically and emotionally.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

[[[[[anyafaj]]]]] :*( My heart is aching for all abused children.

Are people developing more anti-social personality disorders such as psychopathic and sociopathic behaviors? I have to think so, otherwise there is only the pure excuse of evil.

I honestly wish I knew the answer to that. Truly I do. Somedays I ask, and I shake my head because I have no clue. I wish I could heal all the children in the world who've dealt with violence in some way, shape, form. It just doesn't work that way though. Not yet anyway. Someday maybe. Just not today.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Wtf were the neighbors doing for 3 Fricking hours...

If there were witnesses there should have been people that stepped in to prevent this tragedy.

Are you one of those that gets upset when someone else steps in while you're disciplining your child? It's the same here. Saying the neighbors should have stepped in is also saying others should step in against you.

As for the punishment, it's no fun I feel for the girl having gone through something like that myself as a kid. I remember in middle school I got a C in PE because I couldn't run the 5 miles they required every other day (I could only walk a couple of them). As a punishment, partially because the C removed my 4.0 GPA and partially because my dad saw it as not doing my required school work I was punished by being forced to run an extra 5 miles per day every day after school for the next semester (forced by being tied to the back of a car as it was driven around, stop running and I would get dragged). I never did complete even the first day of that because I collapsed unable to breathe.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If you read my whole reply and were able to comprehend, I said a prisoner could have one appeal. Death row inmates are granted five appeals in California, which is ridiculous. If you can't prove your innocence after a trial and one appeal, you deserve to die.

Did you know there are judges here in Ohio that side with the lawyer who donated the most to their election over 90% of the time? Did you know that prosecutors are not only allowed but highly benefit from hiding exculpatory evidence during trials (including death penalty cases). Did you know that there's an official wrongful conviction rate of 10%... and that's just the people who can prove their innocence (very difficult to do). Did you know that over 25% of death row inmates get their sentence commuted to life in prison because it gets less scrutiny and is therefore unlikely to be examined closely and overturned?

Right there we have a 35% rate of death penalty cases that we know are wrongfully convicted. What is an acceptable number to you?

The massive number of appeals are a reflection of the massive amount of corruption in our system.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

IMO *this* also contributed to the child's death. People need to
being bystanders and get involved when they see something that isn't right! Don't want to get physically involved? Call the cops!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The neighbor or neighbors who witnessed this should also be legally culpable. But the response of people who want to torture this poor child's grandmother is no different from the attitude of the grandmother who thinks the appropriate response to misbehavior is torture.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liahn

being bystanders and get involved when they see something that isn't right! Don't want to get physically involved? Call the cops!

Have to disagree here. In the US you never call the cops unless you want someone dead.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Have to disagree here. In the US you never call the cops unless you want someone dead.

The child is dead as a result of neighbors witnessing this not intervening and calling the cops. Let's not turn this into a discussion of abuse by cops.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The child is dead as a result of neighbors witnessing this not intervening and calling the cops. Let's not turn this into a discussion of abuse by cops.

Why shouldn't we?!? Life is so much easier when you always have somebody else to blame

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The neighbors could have confronted the woman directly. If the child is in danger why wait for the police?

Of course, doing so means others have the implicit right to also interfere with your parenting if they feel you're disciplining your child too harshly. Personally, I like that world. A lot of people don't though, they don't think others should tell them how to parent.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I hope the inmates will take care of the grandmother in prison.. what a sick b...h

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The neighbors could have confronted the woman directly. If the child is in danger why wait for the police?

Of course, doing so means others have the implicit right to also interfere with your parenting if they feel you're disciplining your child too harshly. Personally, I like that world. A lot of people don't though, they don't think others should tell them how to parent.

Of course they should have interfered directly but that doesn't preclude calling the cops to ensure that it doesn't happen again when they're not present. In my opinion it's everyone's business to stop abuse of anyone including children and animals. To not do so makes the witnesses complicit except in situations in which they would be putting themselves in direct danger. Even then, they are obligated to at least call the cops.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Some people feel that a few..likley more than a few that fall through the cracks is just fine..so long as it's not their sorry ass.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

[[[[[anyafaj]]]]] :*( My heart is aching for all abused children.

Are people developing more anti-social personality disorders such as psychopathic and sociopathic behaviors? I have to think so, otherwise there is only the pure excuse of evil.

Alternative theory: People are by nature petty, vindictive, and cruel. You just hear about it more often now rather than them doing it out of sight.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Makes my blood boil. That fat pig needs a diet, not the adorable little girl.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join