It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl forced to run to death, after lying about eating a sweet on the schoolbus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
After she dropped and had a seizure, grandmother spanked her for good measure, then asked paramedics for a cigarette.

An Alabama woman on trial for murder in her granddaughter's death called out the child's name time after time as the girl lay on the ground after collapsing, but didn't tell medics the girl had run for hours, according to evidence presented on Tuesday.

Joyce Hardin Garrard, 49, is heard repeatedly calling the name of 9-year-old Savannah Hardin in the more than 11-minute 911 recording played in an otherwise silent courtroom.

The child's stepmother, Jessica Mae Hardin, told the 911 operator the girl had a seizure. Garrard talked in the background.

The face of evil

THIS, this is the time when I approve the death penalty. THIS is the time when I have no qualms about it. When I'm so mad, so angry, and so sad and heartbroken for this poor child I'm shaking. THIS is when I approve it. It's people like this the death penalty was created for. I sincerely hope she gets it. While that poor child lay dying, while the ambulance workers worked on her, she wanted a cigarette. She wasn't concerned at all for her grandchild's health. She was so unconcerned, she wanted a smoke! Yeah, she was troubled and concerned for her grandchild alright. THIS is where I have trouble being a good Christian and leaving it to God. I admit this is a weak area for me. I know it, He knows it. I hope this poor child has finally found a measure of peace. I somehow doubt this was the first time this child was punished in such a "creative" way. It usually never is.

edit on Sun Mar 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
What an A Hole that woman is.
How can a grandmother do something like that?
Away with her. No more sunlight ever.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

THIS is where the jury needs to approve this fat bitch to death by RUNNING! Chain her to an effing truck and make her run until she dies! I have very little hate to anyone or anything on this planet, people like THIS....I HATE!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

your reasons listed for why you'd give her the death penalty are exactly the wrong reasons to do so. the last thing it should be is an emotional decision. no matter how much I agree with you

I feel like I recall a similar story from years and years ago, where a child was essentially worked to death over a minor transgression. unfortunately I'm not getting anything more than a tiny tickle in the way way back drawer of my brain about it. I do recall being utterly and completely disgusted by that story, and this one is no different. Unbelievable that a person can go to such a length with their child.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

THIS is where the jury needs to approve this fat bitch to death by RUNNING! Chain her to an effing truck and make her run until she dies! I have very little hate to anyone or anything on this planet, people like THIS....I HATE!!!

I'm the same way. In the last few years since my divorce I've become a positive person. I used to be very negative, Debbie Downer type of person. But this, this saddens me to no end. Worse, the father was in Afghanistan when this occurred, serving our country. This had to be one hell of a blow to him. He trusted his new wife and her mother to care for his daughter while he was overseas. They kept his daughter on life support until he made it stateside long enough for him to pull the plug and say goodbye to his little girl. Great way to say thanks to the man for keeping us safe, right?

"Hey, thanks for keeping us safe, by the way, your new wife let her mom kill your kid, so there's that while you were gone. She's dead now, but it's just a formality of pulling a plug if you want to say goodbye."

(I say he should have gotten one free hit to the chin of grandma. You know he could knock her flat or even killed her with one hit. I'd say he earned at least ONE hit!)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
As punishment, the judge should sentence that evil, fat. old, ugly pig to run in the prison courtyard until she collapses and dies. I am a death penalty proponent. I also believe in Karma.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If she ran her round for three hours without water (?) that was intentional murder. She wasn't counting on witnesses. The induced seizures could be attributable to anything, later on. Anything granny says.

Cold hearted.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
that sweet little girl my god what a horrible thing to do to this beautiful child her step mother and granny should have the same done to them and I hope they BURN in Hell and they will for what they did to this innocent angel. it's unfortunate that many sick BAST*RDS still walk this planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm telling you now - that fat little face with the corners of the mouth turned down.... oooohhhh it really makes me want to get angry.

And this:

According to prosecutors, neighbors said Garrard yelled at the girl as she ran, forcing her to continue 'like some kind of drill sergeant.' At one point, a neighbor saw the girl vomiting on her hands and knees, begging to stop, Reid said.

If this is true then we should force that horrible woman into a human centipede with Jimmy Saville's dead body.

I'm afraid I cannot flag this thread because if I keep seeing it I think I will actually go mad.
edit on 11-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
If she ran her round for three hours without water (?) that was intentional murder. She wasn't counting on witnesses. The induced seizures could be attributable to anything, later on. Anything granny says.

Cold hearted.

That fat pig couldn't even run for 30 seconds, let alone three hours.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That fat pig couldn't even run for 30 seconds, let alone three hours.

Obviously…

(It wasn't about chocolate bars either.)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Fornicate Under Command of the King!!!

Child abuse, neglect, murder...

Death penalty, imo.

So sad.
So infuriating.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I read the summary. Then I thought to myself "This horrible person must be some horrible cantankerous old cow." Then I scrolled down to see her picture.

Yep.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

your reasons listed for why you'd give her the death penalty are exactly the wrong reasons to do so. the last thing it should be is an emotional decision. no matter how much I agree with you

I agree.
I go through periods of thinking that people like this deserve to die, but I know it's an emotional response and it actually doesn't solve anything. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I would much prefer that we keep these people in prison for the rest of their days, and allow thousands of psychologists and their students to study them intensely, to try to work out what it is about them that makes them what they become.

That would actually be a benefit to society, and might in the future prevent such sickening specimens from committing such disgusting crimes. If we can find a reason for people acting like this and becoming what they become, we can then work on changing that aspect of society to remove this risk.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hate to say it but, why can't evil, dysfunctional, inhumane people like this "Grandma" be the center feature of an ISIS video? I sure wouldn't want to see it but, if anyone deserves that this "Grandma" sure is in the running. Learning a lesson is one thing, dying while learning it however, screams what a monster the grandmother was.

I say the dad should get to run her in the desert until she gets the inevitable grabber and collapses. It sure wouldn't take long after looking at her photos.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah very wise words.

That would actually be a benefit to society, and might in the future prevent such sickening specimens from committing such disgusting crimes. If we can find a reason for people acting like this and becoming what they become, we can then work on changing that aspect of society to remove this risk.

Rehabilitation/investigating why people do these things has always been a thought of mine. We are conditioned to think a murderer loves killing and is evil - but often it is an act born from an ill mind; psychosis, depression... I wish more on this Earth could understand like you do.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This is the time, when I am advocating first torture and then death to that piece of !@$#...
Nothing more to say about this.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wtf were the neighbors doing for 3 Fricking hours...

If there were witnesses there should have been people that stepped in to prevent this tragedy.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I agree.
I go through periods of thinking that people like this deserve to die, but I know it's an emotional response and it actually doesn't solve anything. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I would much prefer that we keep these people in prison for the rest of their days, and allow thousands of psychologists and their students to study them intensely, to try to work out what it is about them that makes them what they become.

Sadly, I think nothing we ever do will ever stop people like this. No matter what, there will always be evil in this world, as long as there is good. You must always have balance. It is sad, but it is what I believe. My only comfort in all of this is that child will no longer be in pain. At least, that is my belief. And I have to believe it, because if I don't then there is no hope for this world. And if there is no hope, then I will go back to being Debbie Downer.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thill

This is the time, when I am advocating first torture and then death to that piece of !@$#...
Nothing more to say about this.

No, don't say that. We must spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars, over many decades, to study why she would do this. Maybe, just maybe, she can be rehabilitated. (sarcasm off) In reality, this b!tch should be put to death. There is no deterrent anymore as states do away with the death penalty, and those that do offer appeal after appeal over many years. Keep people alive to study as to why they commit these crimes? BS. Criminals have been committing the same crimes over man's existence. Why after thousands of years hasn't anyone figured out how to prevent these crimes? Because it's an inherent flaw of man. Most people can control these urges. These criminals can not, and you can't anything to prevent it from happening in the future by wasting taxpayers $ on studies. The death penalty in prison, whether state sanctioned (like Ted Bundy) or karma (like Jeffrey Dahmer) or early natural death (like John Wayne Gacy) does make some, not all, of these types think twice. It works more than the threat of living in jail forever with three squares and a place to sleep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join