It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl forced to run to death, after lying about eating a sweet on the schoolbus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can only hope she gets the death penalty and the screw up the drug concoction, and she dies a slow painful death over three hours, like her granddaughter did. People in the gallery said she showed no emotion as they presented evidence in court, while the jury did. People are against the death penalty until one of their own (child or close family member) die from murder.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Anyafaj

You have no idea what God "feels" any more than I do. So if I wish to express my faith, that's ok. I'm not stopping you from expressing yours, or lack thereof. There's no call to bash me for what I feel. Please stick to the subject at hand, this evil woman who killed her grandchild. God didn't kill this child. This woman did.

I'm not bashing you or anyone else.

I expect you to believe in that which you will believe in regardless of anything i or indeed anyone else has to say on the matter, anything less from you, would not be 'faith' on your part, but rather something akin to a 'wannabe' or 'plastic' personality (hypocrite IOW)...wouldn't it?

Basically, i'm bashing the stated object of your belief, your God and it's record, it's stated and often repeated record no less, and the rivers of genocidal blood, OUR blood over the millennia left in it's bloody wake....that is what i'm 'bashing' as you put it.

If you express love for a mass murderer, an admitted mass murderer no less, then pragmatically, that is no different or at least in the same vein in existential terms, to these pathetic, misguided and lonely creatures who marry convicted serial killers sitting on death row or are locked up for 60 years in prison..they find themselves hopelessly besotted with those who have committed pure evil and actual acts of sickening violence against our species, to the point where that evil and violence becomes ignored or mitigated away somehow.

That is the problem i have...not with your or your belief or attitudes, but towards this mystical entity that you've never met, yet profess love and affection for, who has, on the record no less, murdered millions of your fellow species and caused the retardation of our progress as a sovereign species...if you love that, your welcome to it.

It's like arguing for the right for a parent to be able to legally and morally torture and murder their own children, simply because they created and gave birth to them...anyone who is of a right mind, would find such a thing abhorrent in a so-called civilised society, and quite rightly vilify and punish those parents who presumed such a right to harm their own...well, that is exactly what your god claimed as the moral justification for murdering countless of our people, IT'S own people supposedly...rather than vilifying and treating this entity as the sick murderer it actually is, you profess love for it.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I mention this religious drivel purely in response to the post which brought a religious element into it's argument...no other reason.

As for the Women, as i said, she'll get hers in due course. Hers is a purely Human story. An act of extreme negligence by one in a position of authority and possessing a duty of parental care, at best.. and at worst a purely evil and sickening act of depravity towards an innocent and trusting child who died for no other reason than the brainless or evil actions of this Women.

There is no reason to invoke god. There's no reason to express and impress your religious views on this case, but if you do, expect others like me to equally exercise our rights to freedom of opinion and thought and challenge you on that element of your post.

Again, i would fight for your right to both believe and express what you want to, even if i strongly disagree with what you say...but you ought to recognise my inalienable right to counter what you write and express according to my point of view.

If you read it properly, you would have seen that at that point times like THIS is where I have doubts in my faith, not where I love it more. How you can see this as expressing belief in a murderer is beyond me, but that happens to be your interpretation, whatever.

The exact quote was

THIS is where I have trouble being a good Christian and leaving it to God. I admit this is a weak area for me.

That doesn't say, "Yeah! Another kid killed! Horrah! Go God!" I'm appalled you even took it in that manner.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Wtf were the neighbors doing for 3 Fricking hours...

If there were witnesses there should have been people that stepped in to prevent this tragedy.

Ya, they suck too.... Lots of people to blame here... Reminds me of a famous case of where a woman was raped for 2 hours and though 50 people all heard it no one did a thing because they thought someone else would.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
That is the problem i have...not with your or your belief or attitudes, but towards this mystical entity that you've never met, yet profess love and affection for, who has, on the record no less, murdered millions of your fellow species and caused the retardation of our progress as a sovereign species...if you love that, your welcome to it.

You do know that humans are quite efficient at doing really evil acts with no God involved at all, don't you? The biggest evils in mankind history has had no religion driving that evil, so just maybe in the situations where religion was involved it actually limited the full extent of that evil which we humans tend to really go off the deep end at times doing.

Religion was also the main motivator for humans to gain knowledge. Religion has been the abstract driving force for humans to want to create and learn. It may not be so today, but we most likely owe the first 10,000 years of modern man's achievements and gains all to religion.

So though you might be an atheist that looks at religion as a detrimental force it could very well be what has been the key to our success as a species and without it I do not see some utopia when I look at what we humans have done in the past when religion was not the motivator.

This is coming from a non-religious person, but one who can look at all human motivators with an unbiased view.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Anyafaj

Yes, she is a reprehensible piece of garbage. but the death penalty is still wrong.

Death isnt justice, its revenge. Which none of us have claim to.

Death might be too easy...Can we send her to a Mexican jail?

BTW I have no issues with revenge... If someone harmed one of my kids I would rather they not go to jail, much easier to get to them then, otherwise I would just need to wait.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Death might be too easy...Can we send her to a Mexican jail?

BTW I have no issues with revenge... If someone harmed one of my kids I would rather they not go to jail, much easier to get to them then, otherwise I would just need to wait.

So you prefer a system of vigilantes to a courtroom?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So you prefer a system of vigilantes to a courtroom?

Sure when it becomes personal, why not?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Every crime is personal to someone. By justifying it for yourself, you are essentially saying there should be no court system at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Every crime is personal to someone. By justifying it for yourself, you are essentially saying there should be no court system at all.

The all or nothing... How about we have both... Not everyone can defend themselves or avenge a wrong. Parts of this is I do not have a lot of faith in the court system even though it is what we got to work with, doesn't mean it always works correctly.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The all or nothing... How about we have both... Not everyone can defend themselves or avenge a wrong. Parts of this is I do not have a lot of faith in the court system even though it is what we got to work with, doesn't mean it always works correctly.

But by saying you should have the freedom to correct things when you decide the courts got it wrong, you are also saying everyone else should also have that freedom. No one is 100% satisfied after a court ruling, there's two opposed sides and one side is always going to feel at least partially let down. That means that just about every case will ultimately devolve into someone correcting the courts.

That's not a good system to live under.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

But by saying you should have the freedom to correct things when you decide the courts got it wrong, you are also saying everyone else should also have that freedom.

We do have that freedom, don't we? It might be against the law, but we do have that choice...

No one is 100% satisfied after a court ruling, there's two opposed sides and one side is always going to feel at least partially let down. That means that just about every case will ultimately devolve into someone correcting the courts.

That's not a good system to live under.

I'm not suggesting we change our system, just that I do have a choice to abide by that system or not. Lets juts hope that no one messes with my family...It be good for all involved...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

We do have that freedom, don't we? It might be against the law, but we do have that choice...

Freedom generally has the connotation of being legally permissible. Nothing is stopping you from doing just about anything, you can make and use chemical weapons, shoot up a school, or break into someones home. Nothing is stopping you from doing any of that but I wouldn't say those are things you have the freedom to do.

I'm not suggesting we change our system, just that I do have a choice to abide by that system or not. Lets juts hope that no one messes with my family...It be good for all involved...

You do have that choice, but lets say your daughter is raped. The courts let the man off, so you go out and kill him. Now your daughter also loses her father. By not abiding by the courts ruling you've turned one tragedy into two.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What a horrible power tripping Bitch!, child abuse at it's grossest lock her away for good.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
What a horrible power tripping Bitch!, child abuse at it's grossest lock her away for good.

You'll be happy to know the jury found her guilty. Now they are onto the sentencing phase where she has the chance of getting the death penalty.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like she barely escaped the death penalty, but will still die in prison. I hope she gets beaten daily and tortured consistently the entire time she is there, which I hope is a LONG time prior to death. What a piece of $hit.

Source

An Alabama woman convicted of running her 9-year-old granddaughter to death as punishment for lying about candy was sentenced Monday to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

And this is just plain sick....too bad the death sentence couldn't be upheld and have her die in the same manner.....

Surveillance video from a school bus shown to a jury showed Garrard talking with the bus driver, Raenna Holmes, about Savannah taking candy without paying from another student who was selling it. Garrard told Holmes: "She's going to run until I tell her to stop."

Well.....good riddance....

"Life without parole in the state of Alabama means you come out of Julia Tutwiler prison in a pine box," Harp said after the sentencing.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like she barely escaped the death penalty, but will still die in prison. I hope she gets beaten daily and tortured consistently the entire time she is there, which I hope is a LONG time prior to death. What a piece of $hit.

Not a fan of avoiding cruel and unusual punishment I see. She'll spend the rest of her life in prison, that should be enough without adding physical and mental abuse.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not a fan of avoiding cruel and unusual punishment I see. She'll spend the rest of her life in prison, that should be enough without adding physical and mental abuse.

There's a special place for people who kill kids in my mind, and cruel and unusual punishment are not terms used there. I don't consider any punishment being harsh enough for scum like this....and to think it was her own family.....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

There's a special place for people who kill kids in my mind, and cruel and unusual punishment are not terms used there. I don't consider any punishment being harsh enough for scum like this....and to think it was her own family.....

That's where we differ. As long as we're using prison for punishment the only standard should be amount of time spent, the quality of the time should be the same for all whether they committed the worst crime imaginable or something that was fairly harmless.

To do otherwise makes the justice system subjective.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's where we differ. As long as we're using prison for punishment the only standard should be amount of time spent, the quality of the time should be the same for all whether they committed the worst crime imaginable or something that was fairly harmless.

To do otherwise makes the justice system subjective.

I understand where you are coming from. I am not a judge....this is simply how I would handle it had it been my daughter and a family member killed her.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join