It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I doubt a bullet will do anything, and im sure people have fired at them before. Besides the fact that you are shooting at something unidentified. Oh well, if its a secret military aircraft flying close enough in public for you to fire, then it deserves to be shot at. I think ETs would be well aware of our violently curious nature. If not, just make sure you keep the cheeks closed.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the guy that came up with this bizzare idea is one of my friends. he wants to inlist my help because i have the firepower. came up with this after seeng glowwing balls in the feild in his front yard. after seeng those glowing balls in the distance he stated sleeping with a _____________ in his back door.
he used to be a member here he just stop posting.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The .50 cal is good for terran ground based threats, however you'd have to put it on a big tripod to get the elevation you might need, even then it is slightly underpowered. Maybe if you got a case of old LAWs or something unguided you could lead one and pop it but I don't think it is a good idea. As everyone else says you may just make them mad, and if our government is in collusion with them. How do you know you're not gonna paste some poor gray taking g men home for christmas because he's headed that way lol

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Try this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gun type Seven-barrel, 30mm, externally
powered Gatling gun
Weight 620 pounds (281 kg)
Rate of fire Up to 4,200 shots per minute
Dispersion 5 milliradians diameter,
80 percent circle
Muzzle velocity 3,400 feet (1,036m) per second
Average recoil force 10,000 pounds (44.5 kN)
Drive system Hydraulic, electric, pneumatic
Feed system Linked or linkless

[edit on 12/5/2004 by Notme]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Like we really need anyone else p*ssed off at us!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Any MPAD's like Stinger or SA-7 or SA-18 if you are lucky are Radar Guided I do believe, they can target independant parts of aircraft but I doubt they will be much use on a hyper-mobile space/aircraft...

You'd have more luck with a well placed .50cal hit, but you'd need to be in close proximity of it, they usually fly above the 30.000ft marker, your average portable SAM wont hit that, you'd need a Patriot for that at the very least...why not buy your own L-39 Albatross with gun pods? they will cost you about 250k though...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
To be honest shooting at something that you don't know what it is doesn't sound too bright to me. Please identify something as hostile before shooting at it. If our government is operating secret craft well our government needs to have new technology secret from opposing governments doesn't it? Shooting at our new technology doesn't sound like a good plan either. Although I would be all for shooting at hostile aliens. But what if the aliens were not greys but some blonde females and just wanted to find some guy to show them the local Earth customs?

If someone starts shooting at secret military aircraft, I wouldn't be surprised if return fire came back. The military aircraft usually pack alot of firepower too.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is pretty much acknowledged by researchers that either RADAR, or lightning is what brought down the Roswell craft. I think you should concentrate your efforts on some kind of MASER in the gigawatt range. You should also stock up on preparation H.

[edit on 12-5-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
To be honest shooting at something that you don't know what it is doesn't sound too bright to me. Please identify something as hostile before shooting at it. If our government is operating secret craft well our government needs to have new technology secret from opposing governments doesn't it? Shooting at our new technology doesn't sound like a good plan either. Although I would be all for shooting at hostile aliens. But what if the aliens were not greys but some blonde females and just wanted to find some guy to show them the local Earth customs?

If someone starts shooting at secret military aircraft, I wouldn't be surprised if return fire came back. The military aircraft usually pack alot of firepower too.

Well, if they are dumb enough to fly secret planes out in the open close enough for someone to fire at it, then it should be good practice to see how well their aircraft handles it. And the thought of killing anything with a bullet to technology thousands and thousands and thousands ahead of us...is silly. If our aircraft cant even come close to them, I doubt a bullet is going to do anything to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's already been done: 1942 Los Angeles

A UFO was intercepted by figher planes, and bombarded constantly by artillery and machine gun fire. It went on for more than 30 min. Then the UFO gracefully glided into the horizon and disappeared.

Moral of the story? Get photon torpeods

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I STRONGLY suggest that anyone even CONSIDERING such action to stop doing so!!

If you did find out that it was aliens, chances are that you're going to get nothing but dead. And if it turns out to be a terrestrial military aircraft, well then I hope that someone gets to you before you fire on it, cause otherwise you'll be tried in court, found guilty of treason, and killed for being incompetant.

Personally, I'm one that would be more interested in learning about their cultures than killing them. So please, don't make a bad name for the civilized world by killing the aliens before they can even say hi. That's just clsoe-minded, let alone stupid.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Awww, come on, Borg, nothing like a good ol' intergalactic war to get the blood pumpin'.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I STRONGLY suggest that anyone even CONSIDERING such action to stop doing so!!

If you did find out that it was aliens, chances are that you're going to get nothing but dead. And if it turns out to be a terrestrial military aircraft, well then I hope that someone gets to you before you fire on it, cause otherwise you'll be tried in court, found guilty of treason, and killed for being incompetant.

Personally, I'm one that would be more interested in learning about their cultures than killing them. So please, don't make a bad name for the civilized world by killing the aliens before they can even say hi. That's just clsoe-minded, let alone stupid.

"It is better to sacrifice everything than to live in slavery" -Ho Chi Minh

Lol Don't make a bad name for the civilized world? What makes our world THAT civilized with the war that has been going on, besides don't you think if they respected us why would they abduct humans to test on them and slaughter our cows.
Hmm They might be civilized, but not to us.
But who knows.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
have thought we may already be at war with them and their winning. and the goverment thinks that people couldnt handle that they have accadently started a war with a alien civization desercrating the body 50yrs. ago

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'd say take out those grey bastards for mutilating our sacred holy cows!

But I seriously doubt it that you can shoot one down...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

i thinking id use my 50cal. i can punch a hole though a iron fring pan at 500yards and a engine block at 350yards. i think that might work. you cant you a stinger it locks on to heat. i live in a real remote area it will take time for the man to get out here.

Hope you're lucky enough that the craft is only 1500 feet up, hehe... We'd be talking about a craft built for interstellar travel, to withstand heavy radiation, solar wind, vibration, and incredible G-Forces... About the only thing your 50 cal. is likely to do is make a "ching" sound against the hull, hehe... And that of course, is not even considering whether or not the craft warps space/time around it, etc.

I'm more of the mind that you'd need some serious military grade stuff to bring one down, like the aforementioned missile, and even then, it'll likely get disabled by an EMP effect.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And if the craft can change it's vibrational density your bullet might pass through it as if it wasn't even there...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And if the craft can change it's vibrational density your bullet might pass through it as if it wasn't even there...

Before falling bac kto earth and ripping through your head...

Come on, a) This is hardly a civilised world, and b) Abducting and experimenting on people withough their consent isn't very civilised either, and often causes great metal truama and problems for these people in life.

Take a pot shot and the bastards, and good luck to you. Just be sure you can escape afterwards. If they want to be uncivilised, they came to the msot uncivilised planet there is.
Hmm, they will win eventually, but we can put up a good ol' fight. Unless they control us all with their minds... eep!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'd recommend a Phalanx antiaircraft/missile system : check out the info and pic here www.chinfo.navy.mil...

I really would like to do this, but never having seen one and not living in the middle of nowhere in the US, I'm not even going to try. (You can tell I'm 16 from this, yeah?)

On a serious note, I don't think theres much point attempting to; unless they (the UFO's, whatever they may be) are so advanced defense against physical objects is considered unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
99.9% of everthing we have ever read or seen on alians is fack to beging with .But the wile the .1 % left over is inpressive enough glatice war it does not make nore gov in coutis with alians .Only thing it does make is gov disinformation coverups and B rated scifi movies .
Chances of you seeing a ufo million to one at best .chances of ufo being close enough to confirm its ET stades 100million to one .
chances of being kidnaped by alians well wont even bother with thoes odds lol. Come on guys if this stuff was realy as commin as the SUN news would like you to think then we would be buried in proff.
and having said this I have seen three ufos in my life time But the only thing I can say for sure is they were NOT venis nore swamp gas and they were some typ of craft . Alians well I dont know they dident say hi .
wile I dident recnize them as our aricraft that doesent mean they wernt .
U.F.O = unadentfied Flying Object. Personly I like U.F.A better Unadentified Flying Aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join