It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Gays hunted like wild animals in Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

Kinda supports my premise that those who believe that people can choose to be gay are people who have at some point made that choice themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Or are you saying as it happens in other places then its OK to happen in Russia?

Why not fix your own problems rather than pointing fingers , thats basically the point ...western media loves to defame other countries while blatantly ignoring the social problems present in their own countries .. Its called Propaganda... Doz evil Ruskies...boohoo

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Kinda supports my premise that those who believe that people can choose to be gay are people who have at some point made that choice themselves.

Totally agree with you but its like flogging a dead horse on here sometimes. I'm seriously considering leaving this site as the amount of homophobia is astonishing and yet nothing gets done about it. I thought the motto of the site was "Deny Ignorance" and then you see these threads and it's show ignorance dripping from some posts.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

maddy21

Or are you saying as it happens in other places then its OK to happen in Russia?

Why not fix your own problems rather than pointing fingers , thats basically the point ...western media loves to defame other countries while blatantly ignoring the social problems present in their own countries .. Its called Propaganda... Doz evil Ruskies...boohoo

Maddy21, firstly I am not a US citizen so not ignoring any issues, and secondly like you i agree that there are issues all over the world and yes the media does seem to be bashing Russia at the moment. I Personally think that Putin is a great Statesman and one of the best we have seen in a long time, especially how he dealt with Syria. Shame he does not have more say on issues such as Iran etc. That said some of his policies at home do make him look like a "Plonker", especially as his propaganda policy has lead to some parts of the Russian populace to take matters into their own hands when dealing with the LGBT community which is not something you would expect in 2014

Whilst you do not want to see Putin and Russia being bashed, I don't want to see the LGBT community being bashed no matter what country in the world they reside in. However the person that started this thread also started 3 other threads pertaining to the LGBT community yesterday afternoon and whilst they themselves were not being homophobic, I believe these threads were started yesterday so they could gain more stars and flags by starting threads knowing the response they would get. The worse part is, the OP starter takes no part in the discussions so they have basically "loaded the Bullets for someone else to fire the gun"

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

flammadraco

bigfatfurrytexan

Totally agree with you but its like flogging a dead horse on here sometimes. I'm seriously considering leaving this site as the amount of homophobia is astonishing and yet nothing gets done about it. I thought the motto of the site was "Deny Ignorance" and then you see these threads and it's show ignorance dripping from some posts.

quitting is weak. don't allow yourself to have that kind of weakness.

I tell you this not for the sake of this site, but for you to take into your daily life. harden your ass and never quit.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Auricom
As others mentioned, India has it written in law that homosexuality is illegal. In places like Iran (and other M.E. areas) homosexuals are openly hung in the streets.

While I do not agree with what is going on in Russia as I've stated before, why aren't people foaming at the mouths towards the other countries out there that are actively murdering gays?

I don't understand this either, I have made comments and posted topics about the middle east and their treatment of women and gays only to be called an islamaphobe.

I give up

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

flammadraco

bigfatfurrytexan

quitting is weak. don't allow yourself to have that kind of weakness.

I tell you this not for the sake of this site, but for you to take into your daily life. harden your ass and never quit.

I'm far from weak but there is no point coming onto a site that shows such hatred towards the LGBT community. I joined ATS after 6 years lurking and it is a great site for learning new things and seeing opposing opinions on various subjects. That being said being gay is not a conspiracy and has no place on a site such as ATS.

If I was to replace all the words "Gay" "Homosexual" etc with the words "Black" and other derogatory racist slurs, I would have been kicked of the site and quite rightly so, however it seems that homophobia is tolerated on this site which does not really stand up to the sites motto of "Deny Ignorance".

Even within this thread we have members who claim being Homosexual is the same as Paedophilia which is absurd and yet they still get stars on their postings. Unfortunately I think this says more about some users of this site than anything else.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

flammadraco, i think the majority of posters are on your side, but I haven't read all the threads on this topic recently, you are not going to get everyone to accept you,

I saw this video a while back, and it is heart wrenching, in middle eastern countries gays are stoned and hung, recent news shows what is going on in Africa where Christian are having their throats slit, it's an ugly world.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

flammadraco

Even within this thread we have members who claim being Homosexual is the same as Paedophilia which is absurd and yet they still get stars on their postings. Unfortunately I think this says more about some users of this site than anything else.

Yup. Just like in any grouping, there are a wide range of views and opinions. And you shouldn't want anyone to be forced to agree with you on anything. That isn't agreement....that is shouting down.

If you have a viewpoint you feel strongly about, put it out there. If you don't, then your viewpoint will not be represented. Thus, quitting is not an option.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

"Russia hunts gays like animals".

And Snowden is best pal with this?!

Ouch.

edit on 10-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
WEll one step farther away from a Type One Civilization.

I am ashamed of people. To stop a child molester, yes, to humiliate someone because of their personal sexual preference, no.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

flammadraco

Yup. Just like in any grouping, there are a wide range of views and opinions. And you shouldn't want anyone to be forced to agree with you on anything. That isn't agreement....that is shouting down.

If you have a viewpoint you feel strongly about, put it out there. If you don't, then your viewpoint will not be represented. Thus, quitting is not an option.

I don't want everyone to agree with me, my word we would live in a very different world if that was the case
. That said, i also don't want to come onto ATS to discuss different topics to find threads that have been started that allows people to bash the LGBT community in the same sense that it would be abhorrent of anyone started a thread being racist. The sad thing is though, I can imagine that if the internet was around at the same time as the Civil Rights movement in the US took place, we would probably see the same kind of thing being said against the Civil Rights movement as is being said today about the LGBT community.

I'm lucky to be born in a country where the LGBT have equal rights, but I really do feel for these LGBT people throughout the world who are put to death, imprisoned or have vigilantism groups hunting them down.

Do we really need to have any threads on this site discussing the LGBT community? I think not, as it is not a conspiracy despite some users believing that gay people have an agenda. Lets just for arguments sake say 5% of the population is gay, that would be 350,000,000 gay people in the world. That would be some big ass room for us all to sit in whilst discussing our "Secret Agenda" on how to torment the "Straight Folk". Can you really argue against people who hold these views? its impossible, some have it ingrained by their peers, some hold these homophobic views due to their religious beliefs.

Seriously, the USA still has the KKK in the Southern States and if this is the case then the LGBT have a long way to go before being treated equally on the World wide platform.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Your analogy is correct. The movement towards equal rights for gays is in a similar position, and you will see quite a bit of fighting. The conspiracy comes in with the underhanded tricks used by both sides of the argument to set the other side up to look bad.

It is discussed here because some see it as a social issue. When you find people bashing gays, jump into the middle of them with both feet. But do so credibly, by remaining somewhat poised and offering logic and reason based in the libertarian views of our founders. That is how you combat the ignorance, as few people really have any ammo prepared to combat a libertarian viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Your analogy is correct. The movement towards equal rights for gays is in a similar position, and you will see quite a bit of fighting. The conspiracy comes in with the underhanded tricks used by both sides of the argument to set the other side up to look bad.

It is discussed here because some see it as a social issue. When you find people bashing gays, jump into the middle of them with both feet. But do so credibly, by remaining somewhat poised and offering logic and reason based in the libertarian views of our founders. That is how you combat the ignorance, as few people really have any ammo prepared to combat a libertarian viewpoint.

The sad thing I have noticed is that the LGBT members on ATS very rarely (I've never seen one) start these kinds of threads, they always seem to be started by religious folks or "Concern Trolls" such as this thread to gain more stars and flags. These same people who are homophobic and say the "Gays have an Agenda" are the same ones that start these LGBT themed threads in the first instance. The only agenda I can see on here is "Homophobe Threads Bashing LGBT members".
edit on 10.2.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

It is a sad thing, but it is not just the Russian people that are messed up. We can point a finger at any group of people and declare anything we disagree with or just don't like, and use that as an excuse to eradicate them suppress them.

We are all messed up when the only way we can feel good about ourselves is to find fault in others.

When we spend more time and energy on attacking and tearing down others then improving ourselves.

While I don't think we should bury our heads in the sand, I do think that we stand a better chance at making an impact on the behavior of others by example. People are more likely to be influenced by what we do then by what we say they should do.

We have become pitiful in the eyes of many countries because we are resting on the laurels, the pride and the courage of our ancestors. We have become like the lazy, spoiled, children of the rich; thinking we are entitled and should be recognized for the labor, sacrifices and endeavors of our fathers. We have become the mansion that has gone to seed because of lack of maintenance.

We can't point fingers at anyone without pointing back at ourselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

you sure as hell can point fingers when you quit talking about "the russian people" and start talking about individuals.

And i seriously doubt that individuals within Russia have any greater propensity towards homophobia than in other more westernized cultures (yes, Russia has been Westernized to an increasing degree).

People. Individual people, not groups of people. I have a few Russian comrade's on here....and they don't espouse this viewpoint of homophobia.
edit on 2/10/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

The West don't bash India for its homophobic laws and attitudes, because despite India being a spacefaring nation, a nuclear power and rapidly rising up the social ladder...they still see India as a country of 'primitives', socially barely out of the neolithic.

Wrong i know, but that's why there's a distinction.

India is relatively easy to control and manipulate compared to Russia.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with you one hundred percent, and when we stop talking about people and start talking about individuals, I believe that is where the rubber meets the road. It is our action or lack of action as individuals that will ultimately define us as a people.

Unfortunate the majority doesn't rule if the majority are invisible, complacent, afraid and
inactive. The majority becomes slaves, minions, overseers and pets to the rulers.

Like it or not, true or false, we are defined by those that speak for us, we become those people. We can change who we are seen to be as a people when we start being the change we want to see. There is no rescue coming for us, no knight in shining armor, no calvery, no movie star or political protagonist that is coming to save us.

I am afraid it will have to be done the hard way. We have to work together and everybody is going to have to get their hands dirty.

Their is beauty in being a people. We just have to work at being beautiful individuals.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Biigs
I watched some of this, i turned it off.

I got the message, it didnt have to be longer than 5 minutes to be honest.

What a horrible place to be gay, save up and leave the country asap. Getting beaten up and hunted for a basic right to do what you want with your body is just a horrible situation to actually live with.

In the west (EU/US/Aus/NZ) and other prolgbt countries it's a horrible place if you want the 'pure' love only (as in; only meant to have children), without your children even ever hearing the idea of other love(s). If a person who wants that lives there he better needs to save up and leave the country or at the worst risk losing social life, losing against everyone in society because gays put such a person in the hetero box and heteros in the gay box and one might end up at a mental institution. Not that there is such a country where it's safe, because there are no countries who ban 6-gender marriages or with a stretch 24-genders marriage with neutral genders (meaning 4 males/4 females marriage or 2x4 males marriage, or 2x12 males marriage etc).

It's not a right to do with you body whatever you want, there's also responsibility to everyone living around the body. Those bodies have to contribute to society, being overweight should also be controlled since it's all economically counterproductive. And if in one town a factory shuts down because the owner died of a heartattack due to obesity then a lot of people might be out of work. It could also be a good social thing to show people eachother they care about eachothers' wellbeing.
edit on 11-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

In the west (EU/US/Aus/NZ) and other prolgbt countries it's a horrible place if you want the 'pure' love only (as in; only meant to have children)

What about people who cannot have children?

You state that people should only have relationships to have children. Not sure what country you are in but in Asia, China there is a population explosion. We don't have enough natural resources in the world to accommodate more people, there are to many and you want more.

Lets get one thing straight here, the reason why so many babies are born in Africa and Asia is not through love of bringing a child into the world, but some have as many children as possible knowing some will die and those that survive will look after their parents into old age.

Don't talk about love when some many "Female" babies are killed either by abortion or infanticide because the family wanted a male baby as they are worth more in Asia.

In Africa, if I lived there I personally would not want to bring a child into the world of famine and war. What is this Love you talk about? its absolute nonsense.

edit on 11.2.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join