It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Gays hunted like wild animals in Russia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Homophobia is not the sole domain of Christians.
In fact more than one Christian has written beautiful posts about tolerance.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Its not my own standard bigfatfurrytexan, homophobia is homophobia. I wish there was a site like ATS that never discussed sexuality or religion as I would join up in a heart beat and could then discuss other matters of more interest.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

But beyond that it also gives you insight into the nature of the people you are around. That is very important.

I definitely agree with that mate.
As I always say, know your enemy

Also it's good to know the homophobes, racists, misogynists, Islamaphobes and so on and so forth.
It's useful and helpful to know the kinds of people you're around.

On the flip side, as soon as the discussion ends up in abuse, insults or attacks on members, that's where I'd draw the line, but civil discussion, even when someone has a disgusting view, is worthwhile.
Also members have been banned for spreading and posting propaganda and links to hateful sites and so on, so there are a few grey areas for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

WilsonWilson

Homophobia is not the sole domain of Christians.
In fact more than one Christian has written beautiful posts about tolerance.

No one said it is. But they are the vocal majority, and tend to espouse homophobic viewpoints more than the less vocal minority.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Does every thread have to be about gay people.
Already have more rights than everyone else. Plus does anyone who is not gay really care?? Or do they really do jump on the band wagon because its the thing to do??? Its like the really rich guy...does he really know who his real friends are, if any?

No one seems to mention the poor children refugees in Syria
The poor child slaves making some of the clothes each of us wear (and yes it still happens)
The poor kids who are beaten every day by disgraceful parents etc etc

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

projectbane

Already have more rights than everyone else. Plus does anyone who is not gay really care?? Or do they really do jump on the band wagon because its the thing to do??? Its like the really rich guy...does he really know who his real friends are, if any?

The poor child slaves making some of the clothes each of us wear (and yes it still happens)

We have asked Gardner this question on each of the 5 other LGBT threads he created yesterday. Just to point out that Gay people do not have more rights than anyone else, the LGBT community don't want special rights or more rights, they just want the same rights.

I am gay and I don't want to see these threads either but for probably different reasons than you.

With regards to your question about why "Gardner" wont do a thread on children, probably because he would not have received so many flags and stars as he does with these touchy subjects.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

flammadraco

Its not my own standard bigfatfurrytexan, homophobia is homophobia. I wish there was a site like ATS that never discussed sexuality or religion as I would join up in a heart beat and could then discuss other matters of more interest.

"Homophobia" is a subjective term.

Example: i could call my best friends sister a fag. She is a lesbian. To someone who is very sensitive to words rather than intent, I am a homophobe. Even when my lesbian friend retorts with a similar. Even her mother and her call each other that.

To you it is clear cut. To those who are not in your viewpoint, it is much more fuzzy and may actually be justified on the backs of their religion.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think it's how the Russians gays choose to live.
It's hard to stay strong when there are so many countries who mistreated their people but it doesn't mean we should stop talking about it. Abuses don't stop if people get tired of fighting against them.
edit on 11-2-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

However the abused must be careful not to become the abusers themselves. Especially in light of psychiatry and psychiatrists venting their issues through patients and entire populations.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

flammadraco

Many times I wish the same thing, the religious topics often make me depressed and the snarky comments.

Even though I just started one, I expect a lot of negative responses towards Christians if anyone post at all.
edit on 102828p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

projectbane

Please enumerate which rights gay people have more of than you. I am amused to think of the potential response.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

But that's the same as an African American calling another African American the "N" word. Its acceptable to use that terminology as no offence is caused or meant. It is offensive and racist if another person was to refer to them as the "N" word.

Just because someone's theological teachings teaches them that homosexuality is wrong does not mean that that gives them the right to be homophobic towards other people. In fact if we are talking about religion, no Christian should be homophobic if they were true Christians as scripture forbids them to judge others, turn the other cheek etc.

Talking about religion as a tool for homophobia, I have opinions about Christianity and all organised religion, i don't go around bashing them, i could say.....

I can't accept as axiomatically true any quotes from a book that claims a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I can't accept as axiomatically true any quotes from a book that claims a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

You just did to me what you hate done to you,

I knew there was a reason you were ignoring my post.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by spiritspeak

As a gay man I can categorically tell you the following facts;

1) We do not choose to live a life of persecution, we are born this way. Those that think its a choice are getting confused with Bisexuality

That is your belief but not scientific fact. Even amongst the gay community some say born and some say choice. Whatever the cause, you say so and act that way however

2) We do not have an agenda, we do however want the same rights as everyone else, not special rights, not more rights but the same rights. We pay our taxes, we are involved in our local communities.

Ofcourse you do, everyone does every group does and for lgbt's to be perfectly safe means world domination or 'acceptance'. However part of the gay thing has to do with dependencies. If the world would become gay then the 'forbidden' part of it will be gone. Which further complicates things for Russia since if they would actively begin antigaypropaganda abroad they would eventually end up at APA in the USA since they've said most things after decades of fathers and mothers talking to their sons and daughters. I would rather see them talk than fight when it gets to such a situation. Before it became an issue, I didn't care about someone's sexuality unless it was a woman who refused me, because I wouldn't want to know about a male. I regarded everyone equal in terms of rights but years later I think otherwise because I'm not sure if I would want this 'extra' thing in my reality and spend hours talking about it while I need to get to my life. And no, I'm not interested, just afraid of WW3 and thinking about emigration to a safer place because of this. At some point either Russia will have all lgbt's in camps or identified and start a proactive campaign abroad or lgbt's in Russia will become too numerous, they will have too many friends and might overthrow the government to change the law is what I think.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

I was creating an example of what I could say towards religious folks as they do to LGBT folks.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

flammadraco

Stormdancer777

I was creating an example of what I could say towards religious folks as they do to LGBT folks.

But then you, too, are covered in the same mud you find so repugnant.

Best to control what you can: that which resides within your own skin. Leave the rest to their own path and accept that your paths will cross from time to time.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your response is absolute tosh!

I never realised how many uneducated folk use this site, but this will be my very last post on ATS, you can keep you homophobic bigotry to yourselves.

I believe in Karma spiritspeak and I really hope you come back as a gay man in Russia in one of the camps you so wish there was.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

flammadraco

Your response is absolute tosh!

I never realised how many uneducated folk use this site, but this will be my very last post on ATS, you can keep you homophobic bigotry to yourselves.

I believe in Karma spiritspeak and I really hope you come back as a gay man in Russia in one of the camps you so wish there was.

Calm down and dont be like that.

Here on ATS, like in real life, youre going to deal with people who have different beliefs and feelings than you. I wouldnt take it personally if I were you. Youll run into a hell of a lot worse in real life and at least here you can have a constructive conversation.
Just step away for a bit and come back later. There isnt any reason to leave a place because you have run into those who disagree with you. You have a place here as much as anyone else.

link   

My, we have a slippery slope in this thread discussion don't we?

I am a christian, a member of the Church of God on Earth.

There is a difference in not supporting the action defined as "sin" according to the word of God, and causing active harm to another human being that is engaging in that action.

God is the judge in life, not me or any other "christian". I am never to judge (come down upon/harm) anyone in life regardless of their actions towards others or towards me.

For me, I have come to love the individual and yet not support the action; it is possible to be both non-supportive of God defined sin in society and also love and respect those individual human beings who engage is those actions as fully as any of my brethren in God's Church.

Love the person, regardless of your personal perceived degree of sin... as Christ displayed in life. This goes for all sin, not just homosexuality.

No excuse for hate. God expects me to govern my thoughts according to His laws in this age, not govern the thoughts of others, or hate them for their thoughts. Hate is the genesis of murder and breaks God's commandments.

God Bless,

link   

spiritspeak

That is your belief but not scientific fact. Even amongst the gay community some say born and some say choice. Whatever the cause, you say so and act that way however

Nobody chooses who are they attracted to, it's absurd to think so
edit on 11/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't understand the hang up on choice. If I choose to have relationships with women, why should that allow others to persecute me?
I choose to be different from you therefore you attack me.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join