It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Gays hunted like wild animals in Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Gay people treated like animals. Surely, there's more than even meets the eye. Hold them down, burn them, hang them, they shout.

So, why are gangs of Russian men nationwide - as documented - stalking other men, ambushing them, and brutally gangbanging them.

Sounds more like a violent suppressed gay 'torture' fetish has become the modern national sport in Russia, to me. Why the obsession with emasculating a certain minority within your country? Obviously, it's to feel more masculine about yourself while you're exerting some sort of nonetheless predatory sexual pack order!

And these aren't isolated incidents.. they are happening everyday..

Worst yet, Russia legally equates homosexuals with pedophiles(?!) thus the added misplaced hatred creates actual organized networks of women as well in organied media working with hitmen on a daily full time basis with select targets based on apparently, low levels of masculinity!

Is this a government-sponsored effort to cull the Russian male population down to predatory males hunters, where the prey is fellow human men? Sure looks so! Notice how they test subjects by the woman proposed sexual favors and if declined, then the victim is deemed unfit for Russian society.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Russia's control of society didn't end when the Soviet Union fell. It's still present as evidenced by this. We all have norms within societies but promoting homophobia can only lead to more illness within a society IMO. They have this right - but if I were gay I would certainly be trying to get out of a place that has these practices in place.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Really sad, this proves that we still haven't gotten out of the dark ages

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
More anti-Putin propaganda, how nauseatingly transparent.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You won't get any sympathy from people on this message board.

Putin is now a saint to the majority here, because he "embarrassed" Obama.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I watched some of this, i turned it off.

I got the message, it didnt have to be longer than 5 minutes to be honest.

What a horrible place to be gay, save up and leave the country asap. Getting beaten up and hunted for a basic right to do what you want with your body is just a horrible situation to actually live with.

EDIT: oh and the links to pedophilia are so misinformed and ignorant its hard to even begin to understand how to explain that they are unrelated completely.

edit on 9-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE

Whilst Putin is a great statesman, his policy towards the LGBT community has created an atmosphere in the country where these kinds of attacks are acceptable. This is not acceptable in civilised society in 2014.

Anti Putin it is not, anti homophobia it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Gays are hated in other nations too, why Russia is under the magnifying glass now..? Because the majority’s voice are counted in their country? Another crap propaganda made and supported by western media..

Nough said

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

The reason Russia is in the spot light is for two reasons;

1) Winter Olympic Games
2) is meant to be a super power and should act in a more humane way to its own citizens and should not be compared to a third world country when it comes to policy.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You have to remember that 90% of the Russian population support the anti-gay propaganda bill, it's not about loving on Putin, but bashing on him is just as stupid.

You ever tried going to a Christian country and converting them to Islam? I'm sure you'd get the same response as trying to get the Russian population to support LGBT.

Besides, he's not the one who writes the laws and making a law will not change how people see such a debated subject. People think that just because your the elected leader that you make all the decisions, nope, you have to do what your people want you to do which is more than I can say for the US leaders.

Something needs to be done about the Russian populations mentality on the subject because it's out of hand. However, it wont happen over-night and it wont happen without a fight. It's taken bout 50 years to be accepted in the UK and it's still just tolerated, you can't blame a man for giving his citizens what they want, it's not like he outlawed being gay, just openly gay posters, how many posters do gay people really want to put up anyway??

In conclusion, Russian people are messed up, I hope they can change their ways, but blaming it all on Putin is a tad short sighted.

ETA: I am not a Putin supporter and I sincerely hope that stuff like this can be nipped in the bud.. otherwise it will spread over generations. Unfortunately the police don't want to hear about it either, they just don't care about this gay-bashing.
edit on 9-2-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Putin is just trying to be "different than the west....."
Hes picked a minority to punish that the ignorant and the vicious already seem to fear/hate....
A perfect ploy to strengthen his hold on the country.
maybe the public getting on the anti gay bandwagon is due to doubts about their own "masculinity"
Or is a construct of the oppressed needing someone to in turn oppress....thus making them feel better about the oppression they suffer
at the governments hands?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I agree with your comments. It's about divide and conquer and divert attention away from the real issues in the country.

It's a shame really because other than this homophobic bill, he is very good on the world stage.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by amkia

The reason Russia is in the spot light is for two reasons;

1) Winter Olympic Games
2) is meant to be a super power and should act in a more humane way to its own citizens and should not be compared to a third world country when it comes to policy.

You either ignorant or just have bad taste of sarcasm..

Try to live in what you call (Third world), as I am sure you’ll be ashamed to live in (First world super dupper countries).

Again.. Russian has their own rule and should be respected (by the freggin international communities as well), if they don’t like gays then so be it.. I don’t like them either, do you have problem with it..?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Yes I do have a problem with it as it's homophobic. It's obvious what your views are from the post you made.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

flammadraco

HUMBLEONE

Whilst Putin is a great statesman, his policy towards the LGBT community has created an atmosphere in the country where these kinds of attacks are acceptable. This is not acceptable in civilised society in 2014.

Anti Putin it is not, anti homophobia it is.

People who live in glass McMansions should not throw stones. There is no excuse for violence period, thank you very much... lets get our own house in order, time to close Gitmo for one.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the gay community who are human beings like anyone else.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by amkia

Yes I do have a problem with it as it's homophobic. It's obvious what your views are from the post you made.

Then thank God it is your problem and the hypocrites you follow as I try not to be one and freely voice what I dislike. Right now Russia has more freedom than the Amerikans as you mentioned (super power).

“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”
― Noam Chomsky

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Wait do you dislike like them, disagree with the lifestyle, or fear them?

Just curious as homophobia would mean you fear them, would it not?

________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as homosexuals being hunted like animals and then being gang raped by straight males........ seriously?

That is the oldest piece of garbage argument in the book.

If someone participated in one of this twisted romps would it not make them viable targets for the next "gay hunt"?

Common sense people.

Propaganda to support the agenda as always.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by amkia

Wait do you dislike like them, disagree with the lifestyle, or fear them?

Just curious as homophobia would mean you fear them, would it not?

________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as homosexuals being hunted like animals and then being gang raped by straight males........ seriously?

That is the oldest piece of garbage argument in the book.

If someone participated in one of this twisted romps would it not make them viable targets for the next "gay hunt"?

Common sense people.

Propaganda to support the agenda as always.

Dislike and disagree with like many other (none gay people), why would I fear them? They are not monsters… Are they..?

PS..!

I do agree with the rest of your post.. star for you.

edit on 9-2-2014 by amkia because: edited to add..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

gardener

So, why are gangs of Russian men nationwide - as documented - stalking other men, ambushing them, and brutally gangbanging them.

What, like raping them? If so that's pretty gay.

That's usually just a homophobic knee jerk reaction. This is from a country that is a couple decades behind the US social curve. Russia probably has about the same percentage of homosexuals as the US. It's just not as culturally acceptable. People were and still are getting beat up/made fun of all the time for being gay.

My opinion is that people are insecure and want to go along with the crowd. People open up more when they aren't afraid of being ridiculed or worse for their beliefs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join