It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Gays hunted like wild animals in Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Well clearly from this videos those russians are evil.and the state does nothing to stop them. The basics are people and countries who Target their citizens based on something as natural as their sexuality are evil. It's not propaganda is the shining of light on the truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

flammadraco

In the west (EU/US/Aus/NZ) and other prolgbt countries it's a horrible place if you want the 'pure' love only (as in; only meant to have children)

What about people who cannot have children?

You don't get it and start gaypropaganda. I want a society without homosexuality existing at all so that I don't have to spend hours talking to my children explaining social mechanisms in society.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

It didn't take hours with my kids.
Mummy can boys have boyfriends and girls have gilfriends?
Yes sweetheart they can.
Done.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

spiritspeak

flammadraco

In the west (EU/US/Aus/NZ) and other prolgbt countries it's a horrible place if you want the 'pure' love only (as in; only meant to have children)

What about people who cannot have children?

You don't get it and start gaypropaganda. I want a society without homosexuality existing at all so that I don't have to spend hours talking to my children explaining social mechanisms in society.

What I don't get is you think its acceptable to spurt your homophobic views. I have no "Gay Propaganda" to spread, the only ones that seem to spreading propaganda are homophobes.

You still have not answered my question, you said it was all about Love and having children but still don't understand that in Asia babies are aborted for being female or murdered once born as they are not wanted. In Africa children are being born into Famine and War. Where is the love in both these cases?

There will always be homosexuality in society, and there is nothing that you or anyone else can do about it apart from building a bridge and getting over it.

What do you say to your children when they ask why so many female babies are aborted in the world for being female or murdered after birth. What do you say to your children when they ask why woman are treated like second class citizens and forced into marriages that are not about love. What do you say to your children when in India woman are gang raped and murdered. I think there is a lot more evil in the World to be worried about.
edit on 11.2.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
reply to post by maddy21

Well clearly from this videos those russians are evil.and the state does nothing to stop them. The basics are people and countries who Target their citizens based on something as natural as their sexuality are evil. It's not propaganda is the shining of light on the truth.

Some people believe it's evil to claim homosexuality is a normal expression of sexuality, to make everyone within a nation to believe this so that no one would ever argue against and even go so far to create laws to protect them. And if they do, to make them the demons is added evil.

The state has told it's citizens not to spread the idea is true, they were warned yet continue to do so. They don't want it on the streets, I think they were not too brutal. What wild animals go to chatrooms and use the internet anyway. They shouldn't get punched though, nobody should get punched and the 'pretty girl' approach to test or prove someone is wrong is not too well developed, I personally would use a biology book and explain how everything in universe is about opposites.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

flammadraco
What I don't get is you think its acceptable to spurt your homophobic views. I have no "Gay Propaganda" to spread, the only ones that seem to spreading propaganda are homophobes.

I'm sorry but the homophobe argument does't work on me since what cannot exist cannot be feared. Nor am I afraid of social rejection and becoming an outcast. Plus even in the afterlife you can't make me gay, nor can any ET.

You still have not answered my question, you said it was all about Love and having children but still don't understand that in Asia babies are aborted for being female or murdered once born as they are not wanted. In Africa children are being born into Famine and War. Where is the love in both these cases?

There will always be homosexuality in society, and there is nothing that you or anyone else can do about it apart from building a bridge and getting over it.

We are talking about the development of antigaypropaganda in Russia, not abortion or famine. Unless it involves lesbians ofcourse, preferably in Russia to see how they get treated.
edit on 11-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Some people believe it's evil to claim homosexuality is a normal expression of sexuality, to make everyone within a nation to believe this so that no one would ever argue against and even go so far to create laws to protect them. And if they do, to make them the demons is added evil.

Then some people are backwards then and belong in the stone age with views like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Of course they do, some people just want to hate, and they need an enemy, so they hate gays, they hate Muslims they hate blacks.
But thankfully there are less.of those people in my generation and there will be less in the next.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Being Homophobic is not about fear, the definition of homophobia is;

homophobia
ˌhɒməˈfəʊbɪə,ˌhəʊmə-/Submit
noun
an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

Nothing to do with fear. You are homophobic.

you said.......

We are talking about the development of antigaypropaganda in Russia, not abortion or famine. Unless it involves lesbians ofcourse, preferably in Russia to see how they get treated.

But your original post talked about Love and breeding. So I asked you about the number of abortions etc to disprove your silly idea that its all about LOVE. Fact is you have no idea what you are talking about, you make claims and cannot back these claims up when questioned. No wonder why the world is going back to the middle ages with people like you around.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Is there a specific reason the OP singles out the Russian Federation? Homosexuality is outlawed with laws that are enforced to various degrees in over 80 nations across the world. It's a crime punishable by execution ..which is carried out.. in a good number of them. That's not a minority of nations...it's roughly 50% of the nations on Earth.

I'm happy, personally, to be living in a nation that IS NOT among that half of the world, outlawing what I consider to be human nature. I don't have to personally like or embrace it to accept it is, in fact, an aspect of human nature and not something ito ignorantly outlaw or....amazingly...still execute people for to this day in some nations.

Still... It seems culturally arrogant and ignorant to some real extremes to sit and look down upon or call out other nations for what they consider to be values and their own way of pursuing life. Perhaps the US ought to consider refugee status for those who seek it within the nations that outlaw their nature. I'd be fine with that and it's in the best traditions of the United States for immigration and welcoming those being oppressed overseas.

* 76 Countries Where Anti-Gay Laws Are As Bad As Or Worse Than Russia’s

^^ I didn't choose that link title, by the way. I was just looking for something which would better spell out what penalties actually are in those nations where it's outlawed directly.

It takes all kinds to make the world go around...and we won't change the world by raging at it. We'll simply insure it rages BACK at us and it's not something we can sustain right now. The US is too weak to even consider this particular global fight.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes there was a reason why Russia was singled out in the OP as the documentary in the OP was Russian. And yes you are correct that other countries also have homophobia, and have been discussed during this thread, the fact is the documentary was about the Russian LGBT having to endure homophobic vigilantism due to the new anti propaganda legislation passed in Russia which has meant certain parts of the population now think its acceptable to beat up gay people.

We could have several Threads about all the different countries and I am sure "gardner" will probably get around to them all this week.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I would guess because this documentary was shown on TV in the Uk recently and they started a thread after they watched it.
The documentary itself was about Russia because the Olympics are there at the moment.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

We could have several Threads about all the different countries and I am sure "gardner" will probably get around to them all this week.

Oh goody...

I can' hardly wait..and I have a feeling you're right.

I don't like Russia much myself. Not their Government, to be specific ...but I'm also realistic enough to avoid bashing a nation over what they do aside half the world. It doesn't make it right by Western standards...but to their standards? Apparently, it's how they choose to live. We do things here they'd be as vehemently against and rage as hard on...and I suppose do at times through the State News Agency (RT).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

flammadraco

Being Homophobic is not about fear, the definition of homophobia is;

homophobia
ˌhɒməˈfəʊbɪə,ˌhəʊmə-/Submit
noun
an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

Nothing to do with fear. You are homophobic.

you said.......

There is no fear for me because I don't accept homosexuality as sex, with none of the things happening like real sex with a man/woman. The heart of the issue is like this; suppose I say grace each time I eat dinner and I take a moment to think positively about my fellow man and woman who all made it possible for me to have dinner, the farmer, the butcher, the transportation men and women, the grocery, the advertising crew, tax payers and employers, people of my nation and on certain times other countries as well because of imports/exports.

Now a hetero couple produces children and they contribute to society (hold the IVF/adoption argument please) while homosexuals generally do not. Hetero's work with the intent for children while homosexuals generally do less. Then there is education and tons of reasons why do they do it like that and how does it differ and this produces an equision and is basically the attitude and value of my 'grace'. And my word has to count but with an extra abacus or with 'homosexuality' this becomes a difficulty I didn't ask for but have to accept somehow.

For other ideals, I value the idea animals I eat get better treatment. So I buy from a brand which I know tries to make a difference. I wouldn't buy from an LGBT company, or at least I strive not to as it's so much information and it's an ongoing thing to seperate everything and return to what I was doing, the natural way somewhere when I was 5 or something. Now if that is my attitude and I was born and raised when LGBT rights were already there, I imagine countries who don't have this don't want it at all. Even though homosexuality might appear to have surfaced in societies in history, it would appear Chicago began with rights and after the war it gained a lot of momentum mostly I think from the US. Then it went worldwide and several countries responded with antigaylaws. There appears to be the idea those countries can be changed but that is unlikely and people who would want to shouldn't try.

What is wrong with the global picture is that there doesn't appear to be an individual choice of neutrality anymore, it's either pro or against, no organization or group which includes pro/against/neutral.
edit on 11-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I don't think it's how the Russians gays choose to live.
It's hard to stay strong when there are so many countries who mistreated their people but it doesn't mean we should stop talking about it. Abuses don't stop if people get tired of fighting against them.
edit on 11-2-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I agree with you, however as bizarre as this may seem I actually think Putin is a great statesman and had it not been for his recent issue with the Russian LGBT community I would think he is probably one of the best statesman of our time, but not everyone can be perfect.

I have personally not attacked Russia in this thread or any other thread, what I will attack is the amount of homophobic slurs to my fellow LGBT members on ATS. I can give you two incidences on this thread that are homophobic and had the word "gay" been replaced with a racist slur, the comments would have been removed.

Whilst I could complain about the individual posts, I want to see if the moderators would step in.

ATS has 293,944 members, lets assume for arguments sake that 5% of the population is gay which would be a very conservative number, that would mean that ATS has 14,697 LGBT members that have to read these offensive remarks and defend themselves. I for one did not join ATS to defend my sexuality, I joined to discuss more important issues, but the fact of the matter is, i will not stand by and watch other members blatantly be homophobic. Yes they are entitled to their views but they should be views they keep to themselves.

I have over 500 staff and if any of my staff had said anything that has been said on this thread or others and i did not deal with it, I would be taken to an employment tribunal and lost my case.

edit on 11.2.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.2.2014 by flammadraco because: number of LGBT was at 20% not 5%

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You really are uneducated, you believe that because you do not believe homosexuality exist that means your not homophobic? What a load of old tosh!

Homosexuality has been around since the birth of creation and whether you accept or not does not change this.

Your views are offensive and homophobic!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

We shouldn't try?
What a sad thought, stop trying to make the world a better place, stop trying to stop torture and violence against minorities.
Should we also try and stop the discrimination against women, against blacks.
What a stagnant world where nobody tries to make things better
I agree with the boycotting. I've always wanted to go to the Maldives discovered they use laws about sex before marriage to persecute women. Now I share this knowledge and try and stop people from giving the country money.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Oh, talking about it works... Calling out other nations though, is precisely how we'll be roundly hated. Passionately, at that. (and are, for that matter)

What right have we to say another nation is wrong? What right have we to say half the world is wrong? It's not OUR way...but it IS their way and it's our place to say that way is the wrong way ..in THEIR nation? I think not.

Russia or elsewhere....we best watch that tendency to dictate morality to others as both the US and UK fall in strength and power. That will be dictated BACK to us before long, if we're not careful...and right over top of what we want, think or believe. Just as some would do to those other nations now.

...and lets stop again and think, carefully, with this thread topic......what morality will those other nations likely be forcing upon OUR nations in the future, if we don't start respecting a live and let live attitude toward world pursuit of whatever each nation deems right for them?

This high and mighty review of others, works ...if we never lose King of The Hill status to suffer it in kind. We are falling off that hill though, as we're pushing harder and harder to piss off nations like Russia and others. It's the worst of all things to be doing, with timing to match.

We just have no good common sense sometimes.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

As a gay man I can categorically tell you the following facts;

1) We do not choose to live a life of persecution, we are born this way. Those that think its a choice are getting confused with Bisexuality

2) We do not have an agenda, we do however want the same rights as everyone else, not special rights, not more rights but the same rights. We pay our taxes, we are involved in our local communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join