It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Its getting freaky out there!

I saw that there might be 80mph blizzards in Northern England... I am SOOOO down with that it is not even funny! Why do we not get good weather like that down here in Essex

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

*hugs* right back to you.....it's everyone together who are making this thread what it is....thank you all for helping to spread the rainbows.....
If I could hug each and every one of you individually I would....so please take a moment to feel a rainbow hug from me to each and every one of you.
Heartfelt Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Beautiful sunshine here
....so I'm heading out while I have the 'calm before the storm'!

If I'm not back in an hour (I hate shopping of any sort with a vengeance)...send the army!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Understood!

*prepares contact details for local regiments*

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
February 14th is my berfday

Happy Valentines Day to everyone..

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Neopan100

Happy berfday to you...
Happy berfday to you...
Happy berfday dear Neopan,
And Happy Valentine's Day too!

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
angelchemuel
I have a message for TheDoctor46....

" Happy Valentines Day Doc! You are a sweet kind heart, and I hope that you enjoy your freedom! You deserve to be happy. With much love and many hugs, your friend......"

Can somebody give TheDoctor46 a shout please, as I am not familiar with him/her?

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 11-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: clarification as to which Dr!!!

angelchemuel
Another one for TheDoctor46!

A wish nothing but the best for you,
Second best just won't do.
You truly are an amazing friend,
Thoughts of love to you I send.

And as you set upon your path,
Enjoy your freedom while it lasts,
I have a feeling it won't be long,
Until your single days are gone.

But be careful who's heart you break,
There is one I just won't take,
A certain personal friend of mine,

We'll thank you who ever sent this. I'm shocked tbh lol. I did not expect anything. Well I will be careful and I sure will not break this special persons heart

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm back...and just in time...the weather is picking up here almost to the minute as the met office predicted.

Shame really...fancied being rescued by a couple of burly Royal Marines!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Haha!

Well, lack of Royal Marines aside, at least you got back safe!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Wooho....hello Doc...just to let you know...and only this...they are from 2 people.....mwahahahaha!

Rainbow
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yup...I'm having a brew then chucking the various ingredients into their respective huge pots to make a bolognese AND a Lob Scouse!!!.....sorted....oh and some lovely crusty bread and lashings of butter!

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me True. ( )

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
From my afternoon mail delivery...this is for natalia

Your my perfect valentine
Maybe one day you will be mine

I will kiss you and hold you tight
Protect you with all my might

Every day would be such a delight
Watch those sunsets, With you I would like

Your hard days, I would help you through
Nothing is to much trouble for you xxxx

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 12-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

What is a Lob Scouse?

Also, no worries!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Neopan100

Happy Almost Berfday to you and a Happy Valentine's too!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's a Liverpudlian stew...bit like Irish stew....Lob if you have meat, just Scouse if you only have the veg.

Scouse is a type of lamb or beef stew. The word comes from lobscouse, a stew commonly eaten by sailors throughout Northern Europe, which became popular in seaports such as Liverpool.

Nineteenth century sailors made lobscouse by boiling salted meat, onions and pepper, with ship's biscuit used to thicken the dish.[6] Modern English scouse resembles the Norwegian lapskaus, although it differs from the German and Scandinavian labskaus, which is similar to hash. Scouse is a stew, similar to Lancashire hotpot, usually of mutton, lamb (often neck) or beef with vegetables, typically potatoes, carrots and onions. It is commonly served with pickled beetroot or cabbage and bread.
Scouse is strongly associated with Liverpool, where it remains popular and is a staple of local pub and café menus, although recipes vary greatly and often include ingredients which are inconsistent with the thrifty roots of the dish. "Scouse" has become part of a genre of slang terms which refer to people by stereotypes of their dietary habits, e.g. Limey, Rosbif (for the English), and Kraut (for Germans).
In St. Helens, the dish is often called "lobbies" and uses corned beef as the meat. In Wigan "lobbies" is often made using tinned stewing steak as the meat. A further variety of the dish is "blind Scouse", made without meat, although it would likely have used cheap "soup bones" for flavouring the broth (prior to WW2, such meat bones could be sold to bone dealers after being used and for the same price as originally purchased from the butcher[citation needed]). The dish is also popular in Leigh with local residents sometimes being referred to as 'Lobbygobblers'.
A variant lobscaws or lobsgaws is a traditional dish in North Wales, normally made with braising or stewing steak, potatoes, and any other vegetable available,or made with mutton it is known as cawl.The food was traditionally regarded as food for farmers and the working-class people of North Wales, but is now popular as a dish throughout Wales. The recipe was brought by the canal barges[citation needed] to Stoke-on-Trent where it is called "lobby", the shortened version of "lobscouse".

en.wikipedia.org...(food)

Just thought I would make loads ready for Friday night along with my 'signature' bolognese!

Rainbows
Jane

PS...hehe...Look what I found....

I use beef stock, braising steak, carrots, potatoes, swede and an onion a bit of salt...chuck it all in and just let it cook. Second day is even yummier!

OK...I'm derailing my own thread here.....as you were folks!

edit on 12-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Nice! Sounds yummorific!

If I had not have just finished eating my lunch, that description would have made me ravenous!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's quite bad in the south too. The trees are going absolutely mad and the cat is jumping up giving me angry looks every time there is a bang outside.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Everything was fine on top of this friggin mountain earlier but when we got down to the valley there was an inch of snow! Very weird indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Awwe
Poor kitty!

Which bit of the South do you hail from then Tsu322? How is the rain treating you?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Made it back from work safe and sound

We had a lull for a few hours, then the rain damn near broke my wipers, and it's really picking up again now.

Making home made soup right now, and just managed to swim to Sainsburys for some fresh rustic bread

nomnomnmnom

Glad to see Doc made it.

And glad to hear that all in the thread are safe and feeling the love.

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join