It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A word of warning about Obama.

He holds grudges.

He is extremely jealous.

He is a hate munger.

Please don't be fooled by today's act.

He is fuming mad and very very dangerous at this point in his illustrious career.

He is a *I'll get even* kind of guy.

Take all he says at the opposite and take every precaution possible.

He is digging deeper holes for the seeds of his agenda.

This whole thing is very serious for the nation.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And so your discontent is centered on the distinction between legislation and enforcement?

No... You misunderstood that. It's "centered on the distinction between" legislation and DISREGARD.

It is better than what we had before...and better than what we would have now absent reform. The trend lines were dramatic and consistent...thousands of employers each year scaling back on benefits, increasing costs to employees or dropping plans altogether. Insurers denying coverage over the most mundane of things and dropping folks over the slightest technicality the moment they were diagnosed with cancer or other serious diseases.

How is it better? The only change we've had, to date, is a rapid increase in most of the above.

If the GOP over-reaches and achieves repeal...then what? Millions un-insured and growing?

Well... If that happens, then you can blame the GOP. Currently, that's what the Democrats have caused to happen.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Indigo5

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Indigo5

You do know there is a difference between Congress legislating a bill and Obama coming out and just telling insurance companies they have his OK to break the law (that he pushed through)? Right?

And so your discontent is centered on the distinction between legislation and enforcement?

That seems disingenuous, a convenient rhetorical retreat ...and certainly conflicts with the contents of this thread.

Krazysh0t

In other words, stop making it sound like Obamacare is somehow better than what we had before. Just because it is something different and has a few new benefits for people who didn't have them before doesn't automatically make it better than what we had before.

It is better than what we had before...and better than what we would have now absent reform. The trend lines were dramatic and consistent...thousands of employers each year scaling back on benefits, increasing costs to employees or dropping plans altogether. Insurers denying coverage over the most mundane of things and dropping folks over the slightest technicality the moment they were diagnosed with cancer or other serious diseases. #1 cause of bankruptcy in the USA...even during the housing crisis!...#1 driver of federal debt...#1 driver of personal debt...#1 in cost in the world...and #37 in healthcare service outcome. For effs sake, just paying for an anti-biotic could cost you 600 dollars.

We either fix the boat or sink...but going back is not, nor ever was an option. If the GOP over-reaches and achieves repeal...then what? Millions un-insured and growing?

If you think people had it bad before when companies were scaling back on benefits or dropping benefits entirely, we're going to have a tsunami of it coming when the employer mandates kick in.

In many cases it will be cheaper to drop employees onto the exchanges and pay the fines than to offer full blown insurance that meets all the requirements. It is estimated that 51% of the employer based plans are not "adequate" in the eyes of the administration.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdaveyl

Most people don't realize that almost half of all Americans will end up being forced into the exchanges.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

guohua
reply to post by Indigo5

It is better than what we had before...

Tell this woman that and a thousand others like her and the Children.

WFTV in Florida reports that a woman with cancer has been dropped from her insurance plan due to Obamacare:

You guys crack me up.

It's always the evil MSM until they tell you what you want to hear.

Watch the video, pause the video over the letter..

Dear Gloria M. Carter,

With the new regulations surrounding the Affordable Care Act were happy to let you know you can KEEP your current Florida Blue Plan until Summer 2014. In the meanwhile you can also review the new plans already available.

She wasn't dropped...and this wasn't ACA, if it was, her plan would have been dropped Jan 1st 2014.

This is her policy renewal...and they are required to give her a renewal in Summer 2014, cuz ACA forbids them dropping or denying based on pre-existing conditions.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

We all know that the legislation BS was going to start amid the mess that ACA has created, to save face in order to keep the voters confused and somewhat happy, now The president is going to what? delay the cancellations?

Sorry too late now.

Now the Insurance commission is warning The president of the repercussion of such decision,
after all this mean a "somewhat" halt and delay the greedy corrupted companies loophole that allowed them to increase the premiums.

People that do not see this for what it is a buyout time for next elections by the Democrats I am really sorry for that.

Because already the insurance commission warned of much higher increases in premiums after the delay, like they already do not have done enough damage

We the people lose as usual, the party in power save somewhat face and insurance will win again.

Good luck people, with the politics of our nation.

edit on 14-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Lemmie guess... exactly 1 year? Just after voting day to the Mid Term Elections. Whoda guessed this was coming?

Reptilian species are highly predictable methodical reckless and destructive.

No originality, no imagination, no creativity, no spontaneity, no authenticity... No wonder they hate the earth folks and want to kill us.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PlatinumShatinum

Yes even the retirees and military active duty, that is the plan for the next 5 years, the premiums will keep increasing until we can not afford them under the government plan, so this is how the present administration is going to stab the those that have retired serving the nation and those serving right now.

Most of the retirees that do not qualify for medicare will have to fall under Medicaid.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

You know this how? Have you met one? I mean you just kind of described someone with anti-social disorder or a sociopath. What's more likely that our leaders are sociopaths or that they are secretly reptile men from beneath the surface (because we all know that things that live below the surface full time survive so well when exposed above the surface)?
edit on 14-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He is digging deeper holes for the seeds of his agenda.

This whole thing is very serious for the nation.

Right You Are, have you seen or heard about this hidden tax or should I say, little known Tax.
Not only are most of Americans being forced to pay more for health care, but you're not only paying those higher monthly insurance premiums too, if you've been successful in your life and make $200,000 my yourself or $250,000 jointly, when you go to sell your home, if it's let say, over a $500,000. price tag, you could be responsible for an additional 3.8% tax to fund Obamacare.
Yes, that's Right,,,, Obamas Got You again,,,, Being Successful is a Sin under his Administration, you need to pay your share to support the People That Can't Afford Obamas Gifts.

If you are single with an adjusted gross income of $200,000 or file jointly with an income of $250,000 or more, you may be impacted. Once you sell your home, any profits over the first $500,000 are already subject to a capital gains tax. And now those profits will have an additional 3.8% tax to fund Obamacare.

Aioso noted that there is also a lot of confusion surrounding this tax and many homeowners know little about it.

www.my9nj.com...
Sorry, But I don't Believe I'm Off Topic,,,, If The All Lord All Mighty Obama Can Bypass The Law and get the Insurance Companies to Break The Law,,, the He Can Cancel His Capital Gains Tax Law,,,, Don't You think?

edit on 14-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What is with all the stars on nearly every single post in this thread????
I smell a rat. I smell a script being played out.
I think therefore I smell!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
What is with all the stars on nearly every single post in this thread????
I smell a rat. I smell a script being played out.
I think therefore I smell!

The "script" was auditioned this afternoon on the news channels by Obama.

Obama has been exposed again

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

marg6043

We all know that the legislation BS was going to start amid the mess that ACA has created, to save face in order to keep the voters confused and somewhat happy, now The president is going to what? delay the cancellations?

No..The President is not going to delay cancellations. He has simply told insurers that they don't have to meet requirements with their policies for another year.

Effectively he has handed the decision to insurers.

It's going to have to make economic sense to insurers for them to repeal cancellations.

The policies that were cancelled were slimmed down (individual) policies...the ones that didn't meet minimum standards. that means they were also inexpensive...thus those folks getting pitched higher cost policies.

If the ACA Exchanges were working properly...both technically and offering lower cost policies...those folks would go to the exchange and the insurers would lose that business.

If the exchange gets up and running efficiently...then the insurance companies that issued those cancellations have to think about competition...is it worth their while economically to repeal cancellations (combined with offers of more expensive policies)...or do they let those cancellations stand and gamble that those people will choose a more expensive policy rather than endure the exchanges etc.

every insurer is figuring out what the best option will be right now.

marg6043
Now the Insurance commission is warning The president of the repercussion of such decision,
after all this mean a "somewhat" halt and delay the greedy corrupted companies loophole that allowed them to increase the premiums.

A lobbying group...can't take what they say seriously. They don't want the hot potato handed to them. Up till now they were in a cinderalla spot...they could cancel policies and offer more expensive ones and blame ACA. All the while folks couldn't use the exchange to find competitive plans.

Now they can't blame ACA...Pres. Obama shifted blame to them. If the exchanges get up and running well...it will be more competitive for them as well...all of this factors into what we will see them do in the next few weeks.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

As the military helo flys over.

fascinating stuff

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Correct, again passing the buck. No personal responsibility...like a child who dropped his ice cream cone and blames it on the wind....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You are right is not legislation "yet", but it will not be long before it happens, and While your explanation sounds good my friend, you know who is going to be the winners one way or the other, and is not us the consumer, Obama can blame Santa and the Eastern bunny for what I care but we all know that is under ACA that the Pandora box has been opened and Insurance companies hold the power, because that was one of the gifts that was given to them to agree with ACA.

If ACA stick insurance still will have the last call because that is what ACA depends on, and on top of that the predictions of insurance becoming the next too big too fail due to the monopolies of the biggest insurance houses dominating the exchange will make premiums become unbearable pricy and all under the law, because of loopholes they will become invincible, just like the banks.

Like I have said before, we have seen nothing yet, power corrupt and now corrupted insurance have the law behind them, another reason to hike premiums, and to show the president who is in charge, they could stop the cancellations but is a price to pay.

Thank you ACA and Mr. obama.

edit on 14-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Indigo5

marg6043

No..The President is not going to delay cancellations. He has simply told insurers that they don't have to meet requirements with their policies for another year.

Effectively he has handed the decision to insurers.

It's going to have to make economic sense to insurers for them to repeal cancellations.

The policies that were cancelled were slimmed down (individual) policies...the ones that didn't meet minimum standards. that means they were also inexpensive...thus those folks getting pitched higher cost policies.

If the ACA Exchanges were working properly...both technically and offering lower cost policies...those folks would go to the exchange and the insurers would lose that business.

If the exchange gets up and running efficiently...then the insurance companies that issued those cancellations have to think about competition...is it worth their while economically to repeal cancellations (combined with offers of more expensive policies)...or do they let those cancellations stand and gamble that those people will choose a more expensive policy rather than endure the exchanges etc.

every insurer is figuring out what the best option will be right now.

marg6043

A lobbying group...can't take what they say seriously. They don't want the hot potato handed to them. Up till now they were in a cinderalla spot...they could cancel policies and offer more expensive ones and blame ACA. All the while folks couldn't use the exchange to find competitive plans.

Now they can't blame ACA...Pres. Obama shifted blame to them. If the exchanges get up and running well...it will be more competitive for them as well...all of this factors into what we will see them do in the next few weeks.

You do realize that not everyone wants or needs maternity coverage.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

bigdaveyl

You do realize that not everyone wants or needs maternity coverage.

Yes...cuz Sally said she wasn't going to get pregnant and Betsy is a good Christian girl...and condoms don't break etc. etc.

Unplanned children have the cards stacked against them enough as it is without their mom getting saddled in debt.

Pro-lifers should support this component. The 15k dollar bill to have a baby is no longer a factor in the decision process.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Indigo5

You are right is not legislation "yet", but it will not be long before it happens,

Ironically if that happens it will be the GOP's doing...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Indigo, I know you think it is a good thing for the government to tell us what to do and what to buy.

But there are those of us who don't want nor do we need to have government dictate to us.

There are those of us who aren't afraid to make decisions on our own.
There are those of us who don't cower from self-determination or personal responsibility.
I know not everyone can be brave enough or mature enough to handle determining things on their own.

But must all of us be placed at the same level as those who are too afraid to be responsible and self-determine?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join