It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I am pretty sure that is going to be some changes with legislation on the ACA before next elections as the ACA starts to fall apart, because let faced the insurance companies got a carte blanche under ACA, if it was one thing that never was taken into consideration when ACA was drafted was how to control big pharma and insurance companies.

ACA failed on that and so the morons behind it, but they knew after all what they were doing, no wonder lobbyist from both of those corporations where dictating parts of the ACA, plus let no forget the close doors meeting, perhaps now we get to see what the promises were all about.

America is a land of capitalism, no government is going to control the big corporate dictatorship that enrich the pockets of the corrupted politicians in DC.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

How about me, I had a hysterectomy, should I be forced to buy what I don't need because somebody else wants me too?

Let faced it makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Indigo5
Effectively he has handed the decision to insurers.

Nope. The 'decision' was made by Obamacare and insurers have been forced to follow it.
It's the law.
- They can't go against the law, no matter what Obama 'proclaims' from his throne.
- It's logistically impossible and financially not feasible for Insurance companies to go back for a year.
- None of this mess would be happening without Obamacare.
- Obama just tried to push the blame for all this onto someone else. But HE OWNS IT.

It's going to have to make economic sense to insurers for them to repeal cancellations.

1 - It doesn't make economic sense for them to repeal cancellations.
2 - It's illegal to do so. Obama didn't change the law. He can't.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The insurance companies will halt the cancellations, even when is already too late, the price will be that they will blame the halt and delay for another hike on prices.

In a capitalistic nation those that hold the power are not in the business of losing money, the insurance companies will become bigger than the banks if ACA sticks.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It is illegal for him to do so much of what he does. The problem is -- no one to enforce our laws. You know, we should cut him lots of slack because he -- "cough" -- has not ever done this before.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

xuenchen

OneFreeMan
What is with all the stars on nearly every single post in this thread????
I smell a rat. I smell a script being played out.
I think therefore I smell!

The "script" was auditioned this afternoon on the news channels by Obama.

Obama has been exposed again

I don't doubt it, and I don't doubt it was always meant to be this way.
What I want to know is why almost every post on this thread has 5,6,7,8 or 10
stars?
(And I am not upset that my post has none!)

I think something great is coming our way, and the Obama stuff is pre-amble.
Imagine a world where healthcare insurance isn't needed and all our health
issues can be easily handled. This is the near future people.
Don't be too harsh on Obuttma. He is playing a role.

And how does FlyersFan have an average of over 100 stars per post?
edit on 14-11-2013 by OneFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

searching411

It is illegal for him to do so much of what he does. The problem is -- no one to enforce our laws. You know, we should cut him lots of slack because he -- "cough" -- has not ever done this before.

Hi Mommy!
[insert overly-eager waving hand here]

If the Republicans know what's best for them, they would forget about the bill they are bringing forth tomorrow. Obama is setting them up! Anything the GOP brings forward, to try and fix this mess, will be used by the democrats and Obama to make it their fault.

At this point, Democrats (and Obama) own this 100% I really hope the Republicans aren't stupid enough to not let them keep it. By them stepping in, they will (with out a doubt) put themselves into the cross-hairs for blame; which, is the only thing this administration does well.
edit on 14-11-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by theantediluvian

Is this guy the President or a dictator?

The President cant just change things as he goes along.

The Congress writes the rules and regulations, the POTUS just signs it into law...

Am I missing something?

Obama is making it up as he goes along. Changing the rules here and there to lessen the negative impact on himself and the democrats who voted for it. His comment that people "can re-enroll in the same KIND of plan" knowing full well the insurance companies are cancelling those plans because they are non-compliant. They are GONE.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Hello darling daughter. Your opinion hits the mark. Stay tuned for instant replays. Things are really heating up. Have not seen this much involvement im awhile. Could be fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

xuenchen

The "script" was auditioned this afternoon on the news channels by Obama.

Obama has been exposed again

OneFreeMan

I don't doubt it, and I don't doubt it was always meant to be this way.
What I want to know is why almost every post on this thread has 5,6,7,8 or 10
stars?
(And I am not upset that my post has none!)

I think something great is coming our way, and the Obama stuff is pre-amble.
Imagine a world where healthcare insurance isn't needed and all our health
issues can be easily handled. This is the near future people.
Don't be too harsh on Obuttma. He is playing a role.

And how does FlyersFan have an average of over 100 stars per post?
edit on 14-11-2013 by OneFreeMan because: (no reason given)

FlyersFan's account has a glitch in the system I think. The staff here is working on that. She is a high ranking member and has been here a long time.

All the stars on all the posts are because of the fact that many who are in agreement are on this thread at the same time and are continuing to follow.

and, many who don't comment are also following. Possibly to get the opinions from us who seem to understand the problem.

[ and I gave you a star !! ]

And, if you are referring to some kind of single payer system, why do you think they didn't pass that in the first place ? Those in favor had enough votes in Congress in 2009. Why would Obama want to blackmail citizens instead, and keep the charade going ?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Listening to Obamarama is like reading the Bible ... and then noticing there are contradictions.

The guy is an idiot who can't admit he's a total con-job.

In all honesty I hope a LOT of people get hurt by this. It's the only way sheople are going to come to the realization that their vote actually matters. NEVER vote for the lesser of two evils.

ETA: If you're gonna go evil ... go all the way.

edit on 14112013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Flyers Fan is a great member.

We all decided she was an ATS Rockstar.

She was awarded 1,000,000 stars.

edit on 14-11-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

whyamIhere

We all decided he was an ATS Rockstar.

He was awarded 1,000,000 stars.

We all decided she was an ATS Rockstar

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was washing the dishes and a couple of thoughts came over me. Remember when Indigo5 said

Now they can't blame ACA...Pres. Obama shifted blame to them.

I wondered how he could shift the blame so easily. It's a law Obama said he was proud of, voted for only by Democrats, and implemented by Obama and his staff. What magic trick does he perform to say it's the insurance companies' fault? Especially since they supported him and Obamacare from the start.

My second thought was, why worry about shifting the blame? We've got a gigantic mess here and the concern is shifting the blame? I would have expected that a President would say something like,

"We're in a jam here, people. This is complicated so I've called a few government people, some insurance executives, some Democrats and Republicans to meet me tomorrow morning. I've told them to bring a suitcase, they'll be here for a while. The first question is whether we can realistically save Obamacare. If we can't, I'll urge Congress to repeal it, as much as I hate to. Then we'll come up with some stopgap plan to protect our citizens while we work out a simple, functional, truly bi-partisan plan."

That speech would impress me and boost his standing in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by theantediluvian

Is this guy the President or a dictator?

The President cant just change things as he goes along.

The Congress writes the rules and regulations, the POTUS just signs it into law...

Am I missing something?

missing something?....yeah...not knowing the definition of "dictator"

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

missing something?....yeah...not knowing the definition of "dictator"

a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome
b : one holding complete autocratic control
c : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively

2 : one that dictates

1c matches Mr. Obama's "style".

See ya,
Milt
edit on 091America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-14T19:11:54-06:00Thursdayu54America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I realize I'm really late to the party here, (pg. 9), and what I'm about to say has likely been said ad nauseum in this thread already...

How the hell can Obama proclaim an extension? Since when does the executive branch have the authority to rewrite laws? When did we gain a Caesar?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Obama is claiming ‘enforcement discretion’ or 'prosecutorial discretion' to let companies continue to offer health plans that violate his law as a reason to just 'declare' this new twist, because He is allowing the old policies to remain 'legal' as in 'no enforcement' of the law for a year.

And we still don't know if this will be an Executive Order or a Congressional Act, or an amendment of the HHS regulations. This is still not clear.

And of course, we don't know whether insurance companies or state commissions will approve anything.

Obama has transferred blame again.

Good luck with your meeting tomorrow !!

Looking forward to hear about it.

edit on Nov-14-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

beezzer

whyamIhere

We all decided he was an ATS Rockstar.

He was awarded 1,000,000 stars.

We all decided she was an ATS Rockstar

I actually knew that.

Star envy.......No known cure.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

BobM88
I realize I'm really late to the party here, (pg. 9), and what I'm about to say has likely been said ad nauseum in this thread already...

How the hell can Obama proclaim an extension? Since when does the executive branch have the authority to rewrite laws? When did we gain a Caesar?

Caesar I wish.

He's more like Nero and the famous fiddle.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join