It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Its a certain death spiral, they just want a year on life support.
I say, bring on the death panel and get it over with!

Obamacare Architect says likely death spiral!

"So when you were on last week I asked you, if they don't get enough people in the exchanges, then what happens?" said host Megyn Kelly. "And you said then the premiums go up very, very high. Now, was that ball put in motion today?"

"We don't know yet," said Cutler. "So what the president is trying to do is to say the website is not working, the exchanges are not working. Let's try and slow the process down and delay it by a year. And if it turns out to be a delay of a year, then we can work through that. It would be uncomfortable as it has been for the past month, but it will turn out okay. If it becomes a permanent situation that people who are healthier stay away and people who are sicker go into the exchanges, that becomes a very big problem."

"Is that the beginning of the so-called death spiral?"

"That could be the beginning of a death spiral," said Cutler. "That is, you could have a situation where the only people in the exchanges are very unhealthy people with very high premiums."
www.weeklystandard.com...

edit on 15-11-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Indigo, I know you think it is a good thing for the government to tell us what to do and what to buy.

And I know with certainty you are better than this kind of BS.

By this debate standard I would retort "Beez, I know you want a system where the size of someone's bank account determines whether they are fit to live or die or suffer".

beezzer
But there are those of us who don't want nor do we need to have government dictate to us.

Then choose a new government. You may do this through voting or relocation. EVERY government of the world dictates certain things to it's citizens. EVERY government requires payment for non-optional services (taxes). ACA is actually unusual in that it affords it's citizens to choose amongst a menu of costs vs. simply paying a fixed tax at a fixed amount. The rest of the developed world does not afford that choice for healthcare service.

beezzer
There are those of us who aren't afraid to make decisions on our own.

?? What makes you think that fear is a component? This seems a flirtation with baiting? Implying cowardice? Healthcare is an economic choice, both at the individual level and the national level.

beezzer
There are those of us who don't cower from self-determination or personal responsibility.

Ahh Beez....I'll leave this nonsense alone. You are better than this.

beezzer
I know not everyone can be brave enough or mature enough to handle determining things on their own.

Honestly I left you so much room for logical debate and you choose "immaturity" "Fear" as drivers for healthcare reform?

Are you familiar with the concept of "Projection"...where insecure folks accuse others of their own weaknesses?

While some are unafraid of change, unafraid of getting the difficult things done, another party is terrified of "progress"

While one party relies upon Xenophobia, Fear Mongering etc. as an accurate appeal to it's base constituency, the other chooses a course of brave tolerance.

And while one party takes both responsibility for themselves in addition to the greater responsibility for the "least of us"...the other has no reserves of responsibility beyond their own small lives.

Projection. It's the reason that the same folks that create fictions about the President born in Kenya...accuse everyone of lying and being dishonest.

Tell me about fear Beez...Tell me about responsibility...we might as well be discussing the qualities of the Oak in my backyard for all the familiarity you have with it.

But must all of us be placed at the same level as those who are too afraid to be responsible and self-determine?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

marg6043
the insurance companies got a carte blanche under ACA, if it was one thing that never was taken into consideration when ACA was drafted was how to control big pharma and insurance companies.

Sure it was...and the GOP fought back at every turn.

As it stands, insurance companies were forced to cover everyone, excessive rate increases need approval, they can't drop people when they get sick and in 2015 the GOP Sponsored laws that exist forbidding competition in Pharma aka "Canadian drugs" will expire due to aca.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Indigo5
You are better than this.

- 'You are better than this' ... often times used in online discussions as passive/aggressive deflection.
- Beezzer was 100% on the money. He hasn't somehow lowered himself.

80% of Americans were happy with their health care. 20% were not.
Obama broke the ENTIRE SYSTEM and didn't help anyone.
Tens of millions with canceled health care ...
Tens of millions forced to pay THREE TIMES as much for health care that is poorer in coverage.
The government mismanaging as usual.
The government inventing layers of management.
The government overspending on something that they didn't need to spend on.
The government invading the personal lives of Americans.
The government forcing Americans to buy a product that they don't want.
The government telling lies and lies and more lies to push their agenda.
And the bottom line - Obamacare is UNSUSTAINABLE.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Indigo5

How about me, I had a hysterectomy, should I be forced to buy what I don't need because somebody else wants me too?

Let faced it makes no sense.

It makes sense. Pre-ACA only 12% of individual polices covered Maternity care and women were always charged more for a policy. Giving birth can run between 15K-25k.

It is no coincidence that the USA has the highest first-day infant mortality out of industrialized world...out of 168 countries.

www.cbsnews.com...

Want to guess what 99% of those other countries have? Socialized medicine.

So yes...you are paying for service you don't need, so that anonymous babies have a better shot at life.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I agree...a ship was needed and still might be built.

But when two stranded tribes are trying to kill one another, a leaky life boat was the best that could be patched together.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
^

macman
Where oh where are all of the 0bama supporters in this thread?

I see a usual suspect, but that is it.

I totally expected some sort of defense of this crap.

and you have to respect him for showing up,
edit on 103030p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Indigo5

- 'You are better than this' ... often times used in online discussions as passive/aggressive deflection.

You keep citing that singular poll and not explaining your terms.

Yes, in that one Poll...of those that got coverage..including half on Medicare/Medicaid..they were satisfied with the QUALITY of health care...while the SAME poll showed the vast MAJORITY being UNSATISFIED with COST.

Can't take your BS seriously.

The rest is a laundry list of half-truths similar to your first....
edit on 15-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Indigo5

FlyersFan

Indigo5

You keep citing that singular poll and not explaining your terms.

Yes, in that one Poll...of those that got coverage..including half on Medicare/Medicaid..they were satisfied with the QUALITY of health care...while the SAME poll showed the vast MAJORITY being UNSATISFIED with COST.

Can't take your BS seriously.

The rest is a laundry list of half-truths similar to your first....
edit on 15-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Reading these posts, it would seem that you want people to believe that the majority of Americans are really happy that Obamacare came along to save them from the previous system (which was oh so awful and no one really liked).

Do you really believe that?
edit on 15-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Thanks for that brake down of a case, the truth is that people that are behind ACA do not even want to consider scenarios like that because it always happen to the next person and not to them.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I would suggest you research and come to your own conclusions. World Rankings, Polls, then and now.

Take care of yourself Butch. Later.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
oops lol

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
oops wrong topic lol

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hmmm i'll remember this when I look into your ops and posts and see the star circle jerk that you and your like minded kind pass around to each other.

You know that obamacare is a train wreck and yet you defend it.

What does the sheep say?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Indigo, is not debate on the power that the insurance got, you know that, you know that insurance lobbyist were very much into the drafting of the ACA under the Democrats and so the close door meetings with also Democrats.

Insurance got what they wanted by law, oh, let me remind you the so call "mandate" was insurance companies idea and now they want the mandate plus, because they know that healthy Americans will rather pay the fine.

Obamacare mandate may be ‘mandate plus’

www.politico.com...

Is Obamacare a ‘Crime Against Democracy’

The outcome of these secret meetings is our prescription drug prices will remain at their high prices, and even increase, and our insurance rates and fees will sky rocket.

www.sodahead.com...

The Amdinistration probably knew about everything that is going on with the drop of policies and premiums hike back in 2011

Then in Oct, this year Valerie Jarrett Calls Meeting with Insurance CEOs , I wonder what is all this close doors meetings with the supposedly evil insurance companies that the public is not allowed to know

All the promises, all the reassuring, yes, it most be great in the land of deceiving the American public, because cake and ice cream is not what those meetings are all about

nation.foxnews.com...

All this so call been nice to people is nothing but a scam, let be real and call it for what it is.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
60 million of 129 million voted against Barack Obama in 2012 so there is no consensus in America that he is doing it right. That is about a third to three fifths of the US population also that actually voted. Again, no landslide for wanting his form of politics.

As far as the PPACA, from inception, it was about taxes. The public as well as the House and Congress were told to pass and then read it. They did...those that follow the crowd. It was not just the GOP who did not want this, or saw the writing on the walls, it was many people who called and told their elected officials what they wanted and the elected officials did what they do know. They voted mainly based on party and not content. The House has had 46 votes now to repeal and/or change and in hindsight, I think many of those who brought up the issues need a pat on the back. They were warranted and we see that now in plain sight.

If this was an IPO with a website and commerce it would be dead in the water right now. Dead. The CEO would be gone, the CFO indicted and the CIO working at a local Gamestop after his global blacklist.

He needs to step back as the POTUS and say, ok, we screwed up and we need to work together to fix instead of saying it is ok and patching it but his own narcissism is preventing this. If GW or Reagan had introduced the PPACA and it failed there would be such an outrage it would be ridiculous which shows us all who the true controllers of the MSM and TPTB are. Yes FoxNews and the GOP are the devils here. THEY are the ones who were warning anyone who could listen and they are STILL be demonized.

It is not about a bipartisan fix but about a fix for our country as a whole. Obamacare is bleeding the last part of the American homeland and there is no band aid large enough to move forward without certain death.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by butcherguy

I would suggest you research and come to your own conclusions. World Rankings, Polls, then and now.

Take care of yourself Butch. Later.

I know what I hear from a wide range of people that I know personally.
Rich, poor, retired, middle class, varied races and ethnic backgrounds.
My niece is a diehard Obamaphile and she is absolutely disgusted with what has happened with the ACA. She was very excited about it and supported it.... until it took effect.

I'll let you know when I find a person (that doesn't work for Obama) that is happy with the ACA. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for me to get back to you though. I have yet to meet them.

Oh, BTW.... I noticed that you didn't answer the question. Do you believe it?
edit on 15-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And you site in your reply that:

Want to guess what 99% of those other countries have? Socialized medicine.

Those 5 ( Five Counties the people in the Article were worshiping are Finland, about the size of Oklahoma, Sweden, about the size of California, Norway closes to the size of Montana, Iceland, also closes to the size of Kentucky and the Netherlands with the largest population of the five countries but a little larger than Maryland.
Now I believe the Scandinavian counties still use Midwifes as primary care which emphasizes nutritional diet for the mother and lots of exercising ( walking ), also, in their homes, they still have more stairs than Elevators and bus stops and walking to the local store than jumping in the car and going to Wal Mart or Mac Donalds.
It's not the Socialized Medicine. It's understanding a healthy life style.
You and your Link to Support Socialized Health care and Obama Fails!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So, I called my insurance company yesterday after hearing this to find out if they were going to retract my cancellation notice. They just snickered at me and basically said that my coverage was history and I'm never getting it back. I'm one of the ones that loved my coverage. I wasn't happy about the premium, like I'm sure no one is, but the coverage itself was great and I had no complaints. This crap ain't gonna happen. It's just more lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join