It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was hoping they'd get nancy pelosi out there to explain what the king just said - this ought to be hilarious.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

They may have helped but it would have never been an issue if the president didn't push for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

thesaneone

They may have helped but it would have never been an issue if the president didn't push for it.

True, but he (the president) was only doing what he was paid to do, get this piece of "legislation" through to become a law, so the insurance industry can do exactly what they just did (raise rates and lower costs). It's business 101, increase profits by reducing costs, regardless of who it may hurt.

Do I agree with that, NFW...but I do understand it. Something, it seems, escapes many folks.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Obama's best case scenario he presented today was...***Lucky You, I'm giving you a 12 month stay of execution!***

Unfortunetely, he failed to clear this with the executioners. The ones he forced to set an execution date for you in the first place.

Des

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just wait for the employer mandate folks. It's only going to get better from here on out.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Basically, Obama has driven a bus into a brick wall.

He see's that the impact will cause damage.

He has asked that the laws of physics be altered so that gravity and force, are delayed for 12 months.

He also says the number "8" annoys him so that is no longer allowed in the lexicon of the english language.

He also needs help with Candy Crush Saga, level 74. Please friend him.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Everyone who has said that this doesn't change anything, I hope you are correct. The president should not have authority to allow insurance companies to break the law, simply because it's ok with him. I say "should not" here, because it wasn't long ago this strategy was used to delay the employer mandate... and it worked that time. He surely must be thinking there's a chance this will work. And by "work," I mean, "get away with it."
edit on pmThursdayp01pmAmerica/Chicago3001America/ChicagoThu, 14 Nov 2013 13:23:48 -0600 by alphaether because: clarification

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here is the first "It will raise the current cost"...

Link

People are in enrollment right now. Companies pay 100's of thousands of dollars for the Healthcare and the software and the consulting and the manpower to perform Open Enrollment and this guy steps out like he is telling a child that they can keep their old allowance (consumer) but don't tell mom she will have to deal with it because I am me..(Healthcare companies) . It is sad that this will be his legacy but his dumb ass should have read it and stayed more informed.

"Candy Crush Reference" if I could give you 40 stars I would....

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002013-11-14T13:19:34-06:000134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

thesaneone

We are certainly in agreement on this point, this will go down as Obama's Baby. It's very "creepy" to hear him now being so apologetic, yet unwilling to acknowledge the bottom line , THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA TO BEGIN WITH !

After watching the 2 parties passing the "Hot Potato" issues during elections and then ultimately doing NOTHING to repel or change those issues when they get into office leaves me with little faith that either party will quit doing the bidding of TPTB....

Just seems both parties just shift taking blame for laws that both ultimately will do nothing to change, The question is WILL or WOULD the GOP repel this law if they could???? I'm not so sure????

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Reuters

President Barack Obama's fix for canceled health plans could "destabilize" the insurance market and lead to higher costs for consumers without further steps, America's Health Insurance Plans, an industry trade group, said on Thursday.

"Changing the rules after health plans have already met the requirements of the (Obamacare) law could destabilize the market and result in higher premiums," AHIP President Karen Ignagni said in a statement.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Just wait for the employer mandate folks. It's only going to get better from here on out.

Indeed.
There is no way to overstate the issue that is coming with that.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Enforcement discretion???

Translation ... break the law and keep congress out of the running of the country.

Washington Times - Obama claims 'enforcement discretion' for Obamacare changes

President Obama said Thursday that what’s good for illegal immigrants is also good for people who are losing their health insurance because of Obamacare, saying he’ll use prosecutorial discretion to let companies continue to offer health plans that violate his law.

It’s the latest example of the White House trying to work around Congress and instead take action on its own, and in this case it comes as Mr. Obama seeks to stop a wholesale abandonment of his health law by Democrats who have watched the rocky rollout.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Obamacare's, Unicorns and Rainbows Pelosi is making speeches now...trying to pass out boat loads of this.....

She is looking like she's on the same meds her leader is on....

Des

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
He is saying "go ahead and break the law insurance companies, we won't prosecute you for another year" LOL

The insurance companies will correctly reply, we have fiduciary responsibility to uphold the law (you buffoon).

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So, has any ardent Obama supported realized yet how much of a "clusterflop" this new law was from the start? If it was the greatest thing on Earth, would there be this much churn and discussion over it still?

I am undeclared politically, so don;t throw the partisanship cards at me here....I know I didn't vote for him, nor the people that passed this law.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Of course it will...the insurance companies will "re-instate" the policies they have "cancelled" BUT at a MUCH higher premium for their pain and suffering.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Blame.

Now that Obama has given permission for insurance companies to spend millions to undo (for a year) what Obamacare did, the ball is in the insurance companies court.

He can now blame insurance companies for a loss of plans, high costs, high premiums, because he has absolved himself from responsibility.

Basically, he broke a "window". If someone cuts themself on the glass, he can blame the glass-maker for the product.

Obama is a small, little coward.
edit on 14-11-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is Obama has passed the blame on others from the start so who is going to believe him anymore?

The man is finished.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A lot of fury over a plan (to delay ACA requirements on individual insurance plans) that Republicans have been calling for and are actually scheduled to vote on a bill saying the same thing tomorrow??

I have to wonder what this headline would read if the GOP had, as planned, passed this exact same thing in legislative form tomorrow?

Bottom line folks...

Pre-ACA, Healthcare costs were the #1 cause of personal bankruptcy in the USA for over a decade straight.

The USA ranked #1 in cost in the world, #37 in healthcare service outcome.

Premiums have been absolutely, indisputably rocketing for 20 years and showed no sign of slowing.

The Choice is between repairing a leaky lifeboat or saying eff-it and swimming with the sharks.

Repairing the boat would be easier if folks worked together rather than spend their time beating each other over the head.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You do know there is a difference between Congress legislating a bill and Obama coming out and just telling insurance companies they have his OK to break the law (that he pushed through)? Right?

As for the rest of your rant, I give you this, which I posted in another thread:

Obama and democrats: "Well here is your fix for the healthcare problem nation"
Detractors: "But it's just a steaming pile of dog poo..."
Obama and democrats: "Yes but did you see what you had before? The dog poo wasn't steaming before."

In other words, stop making it sound like Obamacare is somehow better than what we had before. Just because it is something different and has a few new benefits for people who didn't have them before doesn't automatically make it better than what we had before.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join