It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Because this thread is not an interrogation of me or my cyberentity Tallone. That would be extremely boring for everyone.

What this thread is about is a discussion /debate about the possibility of a massive coverup by both MSM and government agencies worldwide, why, and what this might mean. Okay?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

It is not that a story is inadequate - that is an inane statement. It is that a story designed as propaganda will spin facts to fit a particular perspective considered desirable for that particular audience to have.

Thank you for responding to my post. If you do not feel that the story is inadequate, indeed, think that it is inane to say so, then please explain why you titled this thread: "Cover up of Comet ISON information continues- why?" It has been pointed out many times that there are multiple sources of reliable information about the comet readily available. Why do you think, then, that there is a cover up. Furthermore, your above statement suggests that the entire "story" about Comet 2012 S1 (ISON) has been fabricated for propaganda purposes. Could you please elaborate? Who fabricated it, knowing that it can easily be confirmed or refuted by anyone in possession of a pair of binoculars? Who is the intended audience? What is the effect that this propaganda is intended to have? Please don't say that you don't want to "speculate." Your entire conjecture that there is some manner of cover up which is intended to spin information for propaganda purposes is already pure speculation. (If not outright fabrication on your part!)
edit on 11-11-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

DarthFazer
You might find this interesting and may explain as to why the media blackout

Shocking Proof Comet ISON is A UFO!

edit on 11-11-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

Considering you have 'deny ignorance' in your signature, I find it baffling you post something that has been debunked and explained countless times and on this very forum in countless, repeated threads. I do hope your post was an ironic one.........

As for the OP. As many have said, there is no media black out. There is simply nothing of major importance to report to the general public....yet. Why does everything have to be a god damn conspiracy? And what is the point of others telling you 'facts' when you consistently refute them? Why is your 'opinion' the only one of importance here?

You've posed a question with no real evidence to suggest it's true, others point this out and offer some insight, you put your fingers in your ears and sing 'la, la, la'. Rinse, repeat. Ad nauseum.

Debate is healthy. Embrace it but don't deny when it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Can someone tell Randy, whether or not the color factor of ISON being
green, is an indication of the comet possibly being metallic, instead of,
" A snowball " ? Sorry if the question is answered some where already
and Randy didn't take the time to look for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The green color probably comes from the presence of oxygen and/or nitrogen.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Tallone

Among the materials released by solar heating are cyanogen and diatomic carbon. Both are colorless gases that fluoresce a delicious candy-apple green when excited by energetic ultraviolet light in sunlight.

Universe Today Article dated 28 September, 2013

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh look, more news on the latest from Ison.

Ison Grows Tail

I know, you will say that this isn't from MSM but ask yourself, how often is anything space related featured as a major headline or even a recurring story? What makes you think this comet is any different?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

No it isn't and there isn't a media blackout concerning Ison.

Start at the 27 min mark and see what it really is...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

TextThe green color probably comes from the presence of oxygen and/or nitrogen.

Thank you DJ now I won't sound like an idiot when trying to answer
my step son.

reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks Eric
edit on 11-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

wmd_2008

goou111
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Im 41 and I remember Hale-bopp vividly.. It was absolutely amazing to look up in the sky and see that thing.

I remember that well to, but those pictures will give the wrong impression they are long exposure shots (look at the number of stars) it didn't look quite as bright as that, most members here that are city dwellers would not have seen that comet anywhere near as bright as that.

I remember that one too, but it was much higher in the sky if i remember correctly, saw it here in Holland/Europe

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

"speculation", "lies", "outright fabrication" yada yada yada… Here is my reply, take note. I will not revisit this nor will I bother to reply to baiting. I will though thank you for drawing more attention to the topic - and why there would be such an effort to bury the discussion. Read on.

I link to the final part of my OP there is some orange text like this. If you are wondering how the bjezuz do so many posters get so irate they want to expend so much energy posting hysterical denunciations on a single thread. You would think they would get bored and spend time partaking in a topic they enjoyed. Right?

Whenever the status quo is attacked it generally responds. This is what is happening right now. We have had the Angry Astronomers defending their fortress of expertise from a perceived attack (happens all the time in science - it is the stuff of scientific debate in the final analysis). Hopefully the removal of this thread from the Space Exploration forum and into ATS Skunk Works (ta ta ta daaa!) will please the racoon and his/her friends. I did not mean to undermine the principles of astronomy - a subject of particular interest for me.

Then there is those others who show no real interest in astronomy, cosmology, debate, or discussion, but a real interest in attacking the OP (moi) and anyone else who shows enthusiasm for the discussion of a cover up of comet ISON - the anomalies associated with it - the reason it is unique. Why would some posters persist with a thread they so obviously dislike! I would want to be paid for investing so much of my effort and time with someone whose POV I don't agree with at all! Wouldn't you? Maybe that's just me...

Remember the 'inverse relationship' I mention in the orange text in that post I link to. There is indeed some satisfaction in knowing there is such an intense campaign going on to kill discussion of the topic dead.

So I say go for it posters. All of you. The more posts on this thread the more attention it gets. And what ever is the reason for the cover-up of information about the anomalies of ISON will be revealed to a small or large extent in a few weeks. The cover-up may be to divert us from realising the universe, and the world we live in has a lot more to offer us than we are being told. Like for example, virtually free electricity. Think about it. Don't get stuck in the doom scenario - that potential remains one of the reasons I am saying we need to be informed and to know our governments have our best interests at heart when they have access to technology and data and information they keep secret from us.

I invite a healthy debate here, and a debate means taking sides and defending them in a challenging, but positive manner that respects the views of those you do not agree with. Even if you would really like to give their nose a tweak in the real world - we don't, and the discussion and what we get from it is all the better for that.

It is indeed extraordinary times we live in.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Flaunt

DarthFazer

Considering you have 'deny ignorance' in your signature, I find it baffling you post something that has been debunked and explained countless times and on this very forum in countless, repeated threads. I do hope your post was an ironic one.........

As for the OP. As many have said, there is no media black out. There is simply nothing of major importance to report to the general public....yet. Why does everything have to be a god damn conspiracy? And what is the point of others telling you 'facts' when you consistently refute them? Why is your 'opinion' the only one of importance here?

You've posed a question with no real evidence to suggest it's true, others point this out and offer some insight, you put your fingers in your ears and sing 'la, la, la'. Rinse, repeat. Ad nauseum.

Debate is healthy. Embrace it but don't deny when it when it doesn't fit your agenda.
. Like I said in my original post "you might find this interesting" nothing more. Nor did I say "omg real UFO 100 percent fact" did I ? Now this is a forum for discussion, personally have not taken the time to research that analysis myself. Nor have you provided a link or source to the debunking. If you are going to complain about half ass investigation at least be consistent in your claims. Being rude and abstruse certainly does not help your plight. Now get out the arm chair and post a source Sherlock how's about it?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe people don't take it serioulsy because us as conspiracy theorists "cry wolf" ALL THE TIME. It seems EVERY comet, asteroid or speck of dust in the sky is being "covered up" and is a "danger". I am far from an expert on space rocks but I feel that if this was a major threat, SOME scientist, SOMEWHERE in SOME country would of said something by now.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

MrConspiracy
Great post OP! It was a very interesting read.

People seem to be jumping at you with the old

"no it's not - LINK" replies. They are quite frankly obnoxious.

What you posted was interesting. I think ISON is an interesting comet/topic.

I have no idea what will happen but my best guess is a nice light show. I wouldn't wish for more.

But to those who jump on a thread to disprove it, move along. Your ego is fed.

Deuces.

Yee-up. Well said!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Staroth
reply to post by Tallone

This is a great post!!! Very interesting facts you present! I have been wondering about ISON a lot lately and started reading heavily on it and watching ISON daily on many different programs/software. This comet should be huge news considering, but it comes as more of a shrouded mystery - given all that surround it.
S & F
I guess time will certainly reveal all the answers.

***FOR THE RECORD: I do not think ISON is going to hit earth and all that doom crap. I am only interesting in the behaviors of ISON and the documented changes it has made over the past weeks.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

Agreed. I don't think it is going to do that either. Glad you are enjoying the ride.

Yes, the silence is deafening - must be just another comet, nothing to see here, move along now...
edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

OP, if you post something that is easily refuted it is not surprising people will refute it. Your assumption is that the comet is more than the scientific community says it is. This is a conspiracy site... your topic fits the Skunk Works fine me thinks. However, this site's motto is Deny Ignorance - ergo people can chime in on your posts facts. I hope we will see you comment again on this thread after the comet passes.

V

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There was an asteroid that was traveling in about the same direction as this comet originally. At least I think it was comet Ison. Does anyone know of the estimated orbit of that asteroid or is it even in an orbit? I never saw any information on where that was going and I can't remember the name of the asteroid.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

DarthFazer

Flaunt

DarthFazer

. Like I said in my original post "you might find this interesting" nothing more. Nor did I say "omg real UFO 100 percent fact" did I ? Now this is a forum for discussion, personally have not taken the time to research that analysis myself. Nor have you provided a link or source to the debunking. If you are going to complain about half ass investigation at least be consistent in your claims. Being rude and abstruse certainly does not help your plight. Now get out the arm chair and post a source Sherlock how's about it?

Now, now I wasn't directly rude to you...just calling you out. Listen, in much the same way you admit you "have not taken the time" to research the analysis, I will concede in not taking the time to point you in the direction of the details regarding my statement.

Try the link below, a nice little video explaining the phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-11-2013 by Flaunt because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2013 by Flaunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

rickymouse
There was an asteroid that was traveling in about the same direction as this comet originally. At least I think it was comet Ison. Does anyone know of the estimated orbit of that asteroid or is it even in an orbit? I never saw any information on where that was going and I can't remember the name of the asteroid.

Yeah, that is 433 Eros. It is the second biggest near-earth asteroid. It travels the same direction pretty much, but the speed is not the same so it may no longer be travelling next to ISON - the right side of the comet.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So...
Fuku's gonna melt us and ISON is gonna bash us?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join