It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Tallone
reply to post by Propulsion

What this thread is about is a discussion /debate about the possibility of a massive coverup by both MSM and government agencies worldwide, why, and what this might mean. Okay?

The only cover up is in your mind as has been shown by many posts on here plenty of info on the comet for anyone who uses some common sense!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Hey Variable, - anyone can 'chime in' anytime they like. This is a debate. But it aint an interrogation. There is a difference.

I am not surprised at all that people refute it. Good on them for taking a position.

At the time people refuted the claims by UN weapons inspectors that Saddam did not have WMDs, people refuted claims by independent experts there had been at least one meltdown at Fukushima. People refute my claims that evidence shows it was a western financed rebel group that used chemical weapons in Syria more than once. It's okay to be a voice of dissent, right?

You may have missed several posts I have put up today to explain all a that.

EDIT Now that's enough with the side tracking of this thread. Let's get back to the discussion of ISON and the cover up by MSM and governments, whether you disagree or agree with my position. I am interested and reply from now on only about that topic - the topic of the thread.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Tallone
What this thread is about is a discussion /debate about the possibility of a massive coverup by both MSM and government agencies worldwide

Except there is no evidence at all for any coverup, in fact the evidence points against any such cover up!

How about you show some evidence of a cover up?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

jazz10
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I second that. Nicely put. May I join you on the fence?

No, this fence is full... Get your own fence.
jk. You can come

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would agree that the level of debunking on this thread is seriously lacking.

Clearly it took considerable work to create the excellent Op.

It is not that there isn't Any media reports on ISON, it is that the reports are milktoast at best.

The Op is right, this is a very unusual comet so far, and nothing the debunkers have posted here comes close to disproving this, the main point of the Op IMO. Speculation that ISON could be the comet of the millennium is far fetched at all.

There are numerous points that make this comet very unique.

It was recently discovered.
It might never return
It is coming in at a very steep angle.
It is believed to be a very large comet.
It has came relatively close to Mars, and will come relatively close to Mercury.

When ISON comes around the sun, it is to shoot up above the orbital plane, but will cross the Earths orbital path at a point where it crosses over the Earth. Should ISON shoot back across the orbital plane, it could come very, very close to Earth.

The thing I wonder, is did Mar's light up as ISON passed.

The biggest question is, what will this comet tell us about classical physics theory in comparison to Plasma theory.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Maybe you should try reading the Op, and discuss the issues presented there.

Currently I see no evidence debunkers bothered to read the Op, or have a clue.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

wmd_2008

Tallone
reply to post by Propulsion

What this thread is about is a discussion /debate about the possibility of a massive coverup by both MSM and government agencies worldwide, why, and what this might mean. Okay?

The only cover up is in your mind as has been shown by many posts on here plenty of info on the comet for anyone who uses some common sense!!!

The only info on the comet is on the internet.
I see nothing on the TV or in the newspares.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The biggest question is, what will this comet tell us about classical physics theory in comparison to Plasma theory.

You win the prize! Two thumbs up for you.

Yes. I was hoping people would pick up on the very first part of my OP post, the one with 'The Electric Universe' video. Finally (although a couple of others did get close). You got no idea how relieved that makes me. Thank you.

It is about time we discussed why would there be a cover up of the important stuff to do with ISON - the anomalies. I am not really into that doom and gloom stuff. I guess people misinterpreted my connection of the cover up of ISON with that of Fukushima Dai-ichi. Me bad for bad writing skills - good writing isn't really my thing all though I'd like it to be.

I am sure the real reason for a cover up is both a desire to fend off the severe body blow traditional science particularly physics is going to take - and most critical to those that rule us the massive body blow coming to world commerce that is firmly locked in at the moment with the exploitation of oil and gas reserves where ever they are to be found.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I did not mean to undermine the principles of astronomy - a subject of particular interest for me.

Then why are you promulgating the "Electric Universe Theory," which is intended to undermine the principles of astronomy?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

It's pretty much up to you to explain what you think will happen that is being covered up and not expect people to read between the lines. A link to a documentary is fine, but perhaps if you took the time to explain fully what you think is covered up here? Exactly what do you predict will happen the MSM knows about and is covering up. They of course could not be said to cover anything up they are unaware of.

Do you mean those in the know in science are covering something up? If so exactly what is it and what do you think we are going to see? How will it impact me as ISON passes by as so many other comets have?

Compared to the other celestial bodies around us, ISON is but a speck on the landscape and any forces would be meaningless I'd think and it's passing beyond visually would be unremarkable. How can something that small have any impact at all on the Earth?

NBC News today.

The potentially dazzling Comet ISON has brightened enough on its highly anticipated approach toward the sun that it's now visible through a decent pair of binoculars.

CNET 2 days ago.

There are high hopes for Comet ISON, which will pass the sun this month and could put on a spectacular show in the sky in the process. The comet, making its virgin journey around our star from the Oort Cloud right now, could be one of the brightest comets to be observed from Earth in many decades, if not longer, or perhaps ever.

NBC four days ago.

Faraway galaxies surround the potentially dazzling Comet ISON as it streaks toward the sun in this stunning photo recently submitted to Space.com by skywatcher Scott Ferguson.

Time ongoing.

A spectacular cosmic sky show could be coming in the form of a mountain-sized comet. Hurtling toward us from billions of miles away, it will reach its fiery peak on Nov. 28, when it nears the sun. Here's a tool that can tell you exactly the path it's following—as well as the path of other comets that have come before.

Huffinton Post today.

Comet ISON (C/2012 S1), the much-anticipated visitor from the distant depths of the solar system, continues to brighten and this week should reach naked-eye visibility as seen from a dark sky, away from city lights. The comet was discovered more than a year ago and has sparked big interest from those who think it may be terrifically bright and also from some who believe it will be nothing special.

I see NBC has run multiple articles over the last few weeks and it has been carried in newspapers all over the place.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Doesn't undermine, just explains a lot of things that current institutional science doesn't.

Coming up with a better theory doesn't undermine anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I think you are on to something.

The video discussing the issue hits some key points. Ignore the clueless trolls.

What do you think ISON demonstrates?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

So let us understand then:

Your real intent with your OP was to discuss the Electric Universe Theory, using C/2012 S1 and your perceived "cover up" of it by the MSM as a stepping stone.

Why not simply create a thread discussing these theories that interest you?

Instead you created a thread, claiming that there is a cover up by the MSM (which you've in no way proven, but instead you moved the goal posts: you said it wasn't reported enough, when people showed that it has been reported many times in both the MSM and non-MSM, your changed your tactics and said basically that it doesn't mater how many times the MSM reports on the comet, because the MSM lies about everything, and therefore can not be believed about anything).

So let us try to nail it down here: which is it? Is the MSM not reporting enough? And if so, how often should they be reporting on C/2012 S1?
Or is it that it does not mater how much the MSM reports on ISON, that anything they say will be pretty much lies and covering up the truth about C/2012 S1?

What evidence do you actually have of a cover up if it is that? Your diatribe about Iraq and Japan has a flaw in that logic (IE because the MSM doesn't report things correctly, they must always be lying or covering up), in that it follows the Grey Elephant logic:

"Elephants are grey. Therefore, everything that is grey is an elephant."

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Now bear with me on this fellow atsers, I've been reading channeled info coming from the Andromeda galaxy about Ison and I've been tempted to start a thread of my own about this especially after someone in this thread mentioned something about cigar shaped objects seen around the nucleus of Ison.

Anyway, what I've read is that (and I repeat, bear with me here) comet Ison is a biosphere/celestial object named Xanterexx containing members of the Galactic Federation (good guys) coming to announce liberation from the dark forces (opposition consisting of the Orion Reptilians, Greys etc.) and helping to usher in the ascension of Earth humans into 4th density. Members of the GF are listed here complete with physical proportions, characteristics, and craft descriptions. Yes there are some craft described as"cigar shaped" and these beings, most of them hominid like, come from all over the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies.

Now I know many of you may not be into channeled information and are ready to toss this into the hoax bin but I must admit that the info is very intriguing, especially to the average conspiracy theorist. If you are intrested, take time out to navigate one of the sites I stumbled across where the channeler stated:

Again, it is not a comet. This is a large scale ship, a biosphere, named Xanterexx, its abbreviated name. This ship is one of a few ships primarily & specifically used for visitation to worlds... where first contact is about to be established.
www.andromedacouncil.com...

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Doesn't undermine, just explains a lot of things that current institutional science doesn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by "institutional science," but if you mean Newton's Laws of Gravitation, ET cannot even begin to explain the things that it does! Electromagnetism is extremely weak over macroscopic distances, compared to gravity... otherwise, the Universe would never have been able to expand!

Coming up with a better theory doesn't undermine anything.

But it's not a better theory, it is an attempt by certain individuals to nurture the delusion that they are smarter than all the scientists in the world. It results in the sort of paranoid thinking that tallone helpfully highlighted in orange. Just because someone sees BS for what it is doesn't make them a "paid shill." Incidentally, notice the recurrence of circular reasoning: just as a lack of news is "proof" of a cover up, which in turn "proves" that there is something to cover up, so the presence of any criticism is "proof" of a conspiracy to hide the truth, which is in turn "proof" that the "better theory" must be correct!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I argue there is a coverup of ISON by MSM and government agencies. Nothing more nothing less. The Electric Universe Theory I introduced in the very first part of my OP with the video embedded. I want people to consider a reason for the cover up - providing a probable reasons for taking a position is routine in a debate and also in any discussion that involves presenting an argument.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

And yet you ignore the dozen or so links to MSN stories about it. There are a lot of stories about ISON out there, but you ignore anything that proves they're there.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Institutional science, would be current mainstream science. Plasma theory doesn't undermine Newton's laws of physics in any way, it only adds to the understanding.

Here is a good place to start on the subject.

www.plasmacosmology.net...

Plasma is almost everywhere. At least ninety-nine percent of the known universe is, in fact, matter in its plasma state! The surface of the sun is plasma; not hot gas, which is quite a different thing.

Plasma in space consists entirely of ions and electrons, and is thus very energetic or 'hot'. Only when cooled does it form the matter to which we are familiar here on Earth: solids, liquids, and gases.

Because plasma remains electrically charged in space, it is influenced more by electromagnetic forces than gravity. In fact space, once considered mostly empty, has been found to be alive with plasma. Vast flows of charged particles have been discovered spanning hundreds-of-thousands of light years across interstellar space.

The most familiar examples of electrical plasmas here on earth are neon signs and lighting, television screens, and electrical arc welding machines. Fire and Lightning are also forms of Plasma.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Again, you completely ignore the Op.

Where the areas that are being ignored is clearly pointed out.

Why do you continue to ignore this?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

There are numerous points that make this comet very unique.

It was recently discovered.
It might never return
It is coming in at a very steep angle.
It is believed to be a very large comet.
It has came relatively close to Mars, and will come relatively close to Mercury.

To add to your list:

It is also not throwing off nearly as much dust as anticipated at this point which suggests that it is made of much more "solid" matter than most comets.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join