It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Yeah, that is probably the biggest point of all.

Kudos to the Op.

Probably the biggest reason these points are not being pointed out, is that this leads people to immediately think alien invasion.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ISON the two tailed comet.

ISON appears to have developed a second tail. Here is a great picture from Michael Jäger.

SOURCE

Good video here also posted by CanadianGreekMe. This is part of a series of videos he posts. I am not sure where is going to go with his inquiry but his questions are excellent and his postulates very insightful - as time has proven over four months of his videos on ISON. I recommend his Youtube channel for his videos on ISON.

Here is CanadianGreekMe's latest vid. with mention of the appearance of the second tail.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

poet1b

Riffrafter
reply to post by poet1b

There are numerous points that make this comet very unique.

It was recently discovered.
It might never return
It is coming in at a very steep angle.
It is believed to be a very large comet.
It has came relatively close to Mars, and will come relatively close to Mercury.

To add to your list:

It is also not throwing off nearly as much dust as anticipated at this point which suggests that it is made of much more "solid" matter than most comets.

Yeah, that is probably the biggest point of all.

Kudos to the Op.

Probably the biggest reason these points are not being pointed out, is that this leads people to immediately think alien invasion.

Yeah, I did mention it. That is point number 3 on the first page of the thread.

I am going to put together something soon about a quite likely plasma event for us to observe ourselves. When I get the free time. Anyone else want to do that themselves are welcome of course, go for it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Actually, the theory that comets don't cause disease hasn't yet been proven conclusively - but there is some very incriminating information out there, much of it currently being subject to the peer review process and being kept from the MSM:

journalofcosmology.com...

(lots of good science links in this one

scienceray.com...

cosmology.net...

If you Google "Comets and Disease" lots of other information is out there, and most of it is not quite beyond the pale
This, for me, is potentially the most important factor regarding the passing of ISON, since we will be breathing its dust starting in mid-January. Of course, the odds are nothing will happen...but if flu season spikes in February...hmmm....

This comet SHOULD be getting more press than it is!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

my only thought to each of your points was:

why?

why don't they have the technology and the foresight to want to prepare for when these VERY unpredictable things comes around the neighborhood..? I mean, everyone is so worried about "homeland security" when that term is applied to The States, but I think most people are more worried about an alien invasion than the very mundane possibility of a cosmic body impacting our little bubble..

i'm not even particularly following the entirety of this thread, but I had to balance this overly skeptical comment because I hear this reasoning everywhere as an excuse as to why we have *reeeeally* made much progress in terms of space study SINCE THE 80s..

oh I know I know I know, they have MORE and DIFFERENT gadgets and maybe some of them pick up a higher resolution of image but... even this SUPPOSED progress would be even more reason to see it in a different way than your line of reasoning..
They spend SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
much time and money and man-power doing what they do, and I can't help but see it like... "this is it?"
this isn't based on education or a college degree..
this is based on the fact that THIS is as far as we've come in terms of taking "outer-space" seriously, and a conservative attitude towards the unknown slows progress in understanding more than annnything.

just thought those words might be useful.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

well in all fairness too the top brass at NASA, they did say that in their opinion,, the Comment of the Century,,
IS BEING, FREEKY & RUDE?

well im sure that was worth the investment.
what are they smoking at nasa,,ohhh ya man that comet,, hey,, its like freaky, man,,,and rude, ,,
big grin for camera.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Tallone

Can someone tell Randy, whether or not the color factor of ISON being
green, is an indication of the comet possibly being metallic, instead of,
" A snowball " ? Sorry if the question is answered some where already
and Randy didn't take the time to look for it.

I believe that you got two different answers there Mr. Randy. DWJ says "Oxygen/Nitrogen, while ETA quotes Cyanogen/Diatomic Carbon. If you google "Why are comets green" you will find many answers pointing to Cyanogen/Diatomic Carbon.
I'm quoting this from a post that I made in another thread about ISON looking "odd" Here.

"Just had my first viewing of a portion of 'The Electric Comet' by Thunderbolts. Did some searching and found a plethora of educated discussion and argument here about the subject. I barely have enough information to form what could even be considered an uneducated/misguided opinion, but for what it's worth (about 2 cents I suppose), I'm intrigued by the theory at least as it pertains to comets.
Just watching and reading, I'll leave the discussion and even the conjecture to those who are better armed to do so.

ETA: OK, can I conjecture just a little? My first impression in looking at the photos of ISON and it's green coma reminded me of my days in the sheet metal trade. When you weld galvanized sheet metal, greenish-yellow Zinc-Oxide gas is given off. The pictures of the comet instantly reminded me of something I've seen through the welding hood many times before. I know, Cyanogen and diatomic Carbon. The question is, could it be formed by electrostatic discharge? "

/End Quote

Didn't get any bites, but it seems like this might be a good forum to bring it up again. Another question that comes to mind now after reading others posts is:
If the coma is made up of Cyanogen, and as stated Here,

Like other inorganic cyanides, cyanogen is very toxic, as it readily undergoes reduction to cyanide, which poisons the cytochrome c oxidase complex, thus interrupting the mitochondrial electron transfer chain. Cyanogen gas is an irritant to the eyes and respiratory system. Inhalation can lead to headache, dizziness, rapid pulse, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, and death, depending on exposure.

And according to some, we're going to be spending more than a couple of days going through the tail, wouldn't we be getting more than a healthy exposure to it?

Regards
No idea, just pondering.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

ISON the two tailed comet.

ISON appears to have developed a second tail. Here is a great picture from Michael Jäger.

If you knew anything at all about comets, you would know that they all have two tails! One of them is composed of dust being swept away by the pressure of sunlight (photons), the other is an electrically charged plasma tail. Believe it or not, real scientists already take electromagnetic effects into account.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

And according to some, we're going to be spending more than a couple of days going through the tail, wouldn't we be getting more than a healthy exposure to it?

No, we will not. The comet's tail is extremely rarified.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Gotcha, thanks for your swift reply.
What's your opinion on the Oxygen/Nitrogen vs. Cyanogen/Diatomic Carbon thing?
Do you support the EC theory as a whole? Couldn't help but ask due to your comment above.
Don't want to derail the thread with arguments for and against, that's been done in other threads.

ETA: One thing I can say about all of this 'comet-phobia', is that it's spurred me to try and learn a bit more about them. With all of the other crap I'm trying to learn I'm only capable of absorbing so much though, so don't expect miracles

edit on 11-11-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Naturally. The gas tail streams away from the sun, the dust tail follows the comet's route.

I just thought it was a nice pic. Don't you?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

sageturkey
reply to post by DJW001

Gotcha, thanks for your swift reply.
What's your opinion on the Oxygen/Nitrogen vs. Cyanogen/Diatomic Carbon thing?
Ahhh, an EC theory supporter... Sweet!
Don't want to derail the thread with arguments for and against, that's been done in other threads. But still, Sweet!

edit on 11-11-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

Cyanogen is the anhydride of oxamide:

H2NC(O)C(O)NH2 → NCCN + 2 H2O

Diatomic Carbon is C2

So Oxygen and Nitrogen are present (meaning there really isn't a conflict of what I posted and what DWJ posted).

The gases have no color but become visible in bright green when bathed with ultraviolet light (which the sun produces).

Cyanogen is toxic, however the amount being produced by the comet is very rarefied. The upper limit of exposure acceptable to humans is 10 ppm.

The amount of cyanogen in a 3 mile wide comet is so insignificant compared to the entire amount of the Earth's atmosphere, that we wouldn't be able to even measure an increase accurately (less than 1 part per trillion).

The comet would have to be several hundreds of miles big, and producing a much thicker plume of cyanogen for us to have to worry about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for that Eric. I should also spend more time editing my posts BEFORE I hit the reply button I suppose...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You know this is really some interesting info thank you OP! I gotta say though, the Mayan doomsday fear mongering version that was myself this time last year would have flipped out about this. As provocative as it is to look at the record breaking storms and hurricanes and the timing of this comet, and say maybe those guys claiming Mayan doomsday was actually 2013 not 2012 may be right. I look back at the crippling fear it brought me, waiting for that date, and now honestly I still do not care.

What are they going to hide from us anyway? Are we all going to die? Is the power going out? Is there some awful alien invasion underway? Or is it just another boring comet that has no interest as I can watch the latest hollywood flick and get my dose of visual stimulation. As much as I am intrigued by this, I am proud of myself to feel no fear about it whatsoever. I may be clueless about my future, and have no control if things are heading south, but I have a nice mansion in heaven waiting for me to kick back with my bro Jesus, so bring on the comet, i'm sure it will be boring and uneventful as ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I do find some youtubers if not quiet a few very credible. Ofcourse with a mix of disinformation that most likely will ruin the credible ones. To think that our knowledge of our Universe is fawless is the arrogance of an egotistical Society.
An astronomer named "CARLOS MUÑOS FERRADA",shocked the world back in 1939 by announcing the existence of a Comet/Planet. This object would defy celestial mechanics as we know them. Way before any news article in the Washington post.
As many would quiet rapidly suggest as a hoax,do a search on youtube or just a google search. Just a thought to have in your mind to ponder.
edit on 23Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:39:20 -0600pm2013-11-11T23:39:20-06:0039pmE20p11 by GraciaEspn because: (no reason given)

edit on 23Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:43:15 -0600pm2013-11-11T23:43:15-06:0043pmE15p11 by GraciaEspn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

though it may come close it is still quite a distance from earth and will not come as close as to cause damage unless it changes course dramatically

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

"The gases have no color but become visible in bright green when bathed with ultraviolet light (which the sun produces)."

become visible,,so u are saying they were always there we just could not see it.
if it was always there,, how come the second tail, is a shock?
or is ultra violet waves, only good too certain distance from the sun?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You have no idea how big this comet is, so I am not sure why you are trying to tell us how much bigger it needs to be.

Funny how science stands in the way of itself on a regular basis, gotta be proven totally wrong, several times before the rules of physics get altered, AGAIN and AGAIN.

Oh wait, it is all theories presented as facts, until they are changed!!

And this is the greatest system we can ever have too. !!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Maybe the Mayan calendar was a year off. I was reading some article a while back and it had some explanation that it is really 2013.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibraltarego

and maybe Elenin, was too be Lucifers "bright and Morning star",, and ison is, lucifer, and he's mad cause nasa blew up his imitation,,Star of Bethleham.

maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join