It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

where's the data?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Actually..... There was a lot of writing about this last spring..... Dont really see the cover up. It just isnt interesting enough for the masses who are focussed on what dumb # Miley Cyrus is up to lately.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Oh Dear!

Many of you here must be very young or don't get outside much.

Clearly this is your first Comet. I have seen several in my life time... not many have been naked eye visible. If any of you were old enough you would remember Hale-Bopp from 1996-1997. Raise your hands if you are under the age of 25 please...Under the age of 30? Then you had parents that didn't care to teach you about the beauty of the night sky. I took my kids out many times to view Hale-Bopp. Only my 25yr old remembers, the other two were under 5 so they don't. But I kept them interested in the night sky and told them about it.

Hale-Bopp brought out the crazies too.
You gloom and doom believers should research the Heavens Gate cult that committed mass suicide because of it.

Not comet has Ever caused a disease or virus from debris... A few have caused mass hysteria because they had no idea how to comprehend what they were seeing. I suppose it is possible a few in the past might have gotten ill around the time a comet became naked eye visible...but that was just bad timing. I really don't know since I don't research or read about silly things like that.

I hope you kids don't get all hysterical next weekend the annual Leonids meteor shower peaks. Or the next shower in Dec. Both have been dying down over the years...but in the past they produced the most amazing earth grazers and fireballs you could ever hope to see. So... if you see stuff... the sky is Not falling! Just appreciate it and get outside more.

If we are lucky... and Ison makes it past the sun without breaking up we might be in for a treat. Not Gloom and Doom. It is Not unusual for a Comet to have 2 tales. Hale-Bopp actually had 3. I don't believe Ison will be a spectacular as 1997... but you never know. I am hopeful...but not holding my breath. And if the sky would ever clear up in my area I would be out every morning to see it myself.

Hale-Bopp was discovered in 1995 and "so visible at night you cant miss it" in early summer of 1997"

Ison was discovered Dec. 21 2012 Not 3 years ago children.

There is no media or NASA cover-up/blackout... It will NOT hit the earth or destroy the sun. It just isn't news at the moment... There is nothing freaky or scary going on.

Oh...and by the way... The Sun is Not sending Horror your way with every flare... if you had been old enough and lived as far North as I do in the early 90's... You would have seen the Most Amazing aurora borealis displays.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

she really aint "all that and a bag of chips",,as they say,,but hey the younger generation,, its always been that way,, but us older guys,, who like the internet too research and satisfy our ,curiousity,, with the greatest,FREE dictionary ever invented.

wheres the DATA?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
where is the satelite?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe the data and the sat are behind the sun, thus we lost them for now.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by flice

she really aint "all that and a bag of chips",,as they say,,but hey the younger generation,, its always been that way,, but us older guys,, who like the internet too research and satisfy our ,curiousity,, with the greatest,FREE dictionary ever invented.

wheres the DATA?

?? "Us older guys" ?? LOL

The internet, Wiki ? I take it you have never been to a Library, read from a real Encyclopedia? Are you old enough to remember the "birth of the internet" ? I am.... in the early stages of the "internet" you actually used a phone # to dial up and visit a "site" In the early days....before AOL or others... You had a list of individual #'s to dial up for each "page" you wanted to visit.

I am Old enough to have experienced this.... An engineer friend and I were invited over to visit one of his work friends home once... So he could show us his "new computer" I was told not to laugh in advance
when I saw the dinosaur Green fonts on the screen he proudly displayed in his front entryway desk. We already had a windows based computer.

When I was about 8 years old... I always had my nose in real books.. I read the entire Encyclopedia. I remember how I read about Halley's comet and was so excited to read it would appear in my lifetime. For years I waited and it was a bit of a disappointment. But it never stopped my interest in the night sky. Hale-Bopp was a real treasure for me. One day I hope to move to a place where clouds are rare.... My telescope gets way to dusty this time of year.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I decided to google when Ison would be here and found out in late November and then I kept scrolling down the page of this blog and seen the trajectories... If this is true we are in deep doo doo.. and so is Mars.

Scroll down till you see in bold "Earth and Mars Close Approaches" and two pictures.

Here is link to that blog

Now that to me is scary. Now I am off to check out more sites on this subject. I never depend on just one site. That would be very bad research.

Stari

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Excellent.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Ison wasn't closer than 6.7 million miles from Mars at its closest approach. That's not very close at all. It won't be closer than 40 million miles from Earth. We'll pass through the tail, but the comet won't come anywhere near us.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Im 41 and I remember Hale-bopp vividly.. It was absolutely amazing to look up in the sky and see that thing.

I believe it was probably the real "comet of the century" and Ison wont be as good..

But I hope Im wrong because I wanna see this again.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

In the mean time, my posts here are not an attempt to convince you of anything. You already decided on something, went out to find things to fit and support what you were saying, and have ignored anything contrary to what you posted. IE: This is the wrong way to do the Scientific Method, and means that you are completely biased in this subject, and will not entertain the possibility that you are wrong.

No, all I'm doing here is offering other ATS members that read these threads other reasons for things is all. Or correcting information that is posted wrong.

You are very welcome to post all you want - you can get away with. But convincing people on the fence requires some evidence and at the very least some cogent argument ( particularly relevant if you are to lecture about the "the way to do Scientific Method'". I just don't get that from you at all. Why don't you. eriktheawful, apply your own advice to yourself? I have set out an argument based on evidence cited by a number of sources. I have hedged my argument all over the place - allowing that things may turn out differently if contrary evidence shows up. I have declared I do not hang out with the doomsday cults, the death and destruction from Nibiru yada yada. I have said that. But that is not to say I do not consider the possibilities. Do you get it? There is a difference between polarising everyone with a dogmatic argument based virtually only on bald opinion alone (=not scientific method) and a forthright and cohesive argument backed up with supporting evidence rather than opinion.

What I do get from your posts though is far better spelling and grammar than I can manage in a post as half as long - I reckon that is pretty good.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Star'd you. I share that with you.

Brilliant photos!

edit on 11-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well that is very good news Zaphod.

I am looking forward to watching it. I watched Hale–Bopp, every single day until it was gone. I had a great view of it.

Stari

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

ISON may come closer to Earth than they predict from their current data, or it may pass us further away. That is the thing we don't know how it will be affected by its swing around the sun.

Given the anomalies already knowable about this comet and those that we will soon learn about before it passes us the quietness that surrounds its presence so close to Earth coming from MSM and most importantly from government agencies pretty much world wide is just deafening.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I didn't think it would come that close. Don't forget to take video everyone so those who have cloudy skies can see it too.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

goou111
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Im 41 and I remember Hale-bopp vividly.. It was absolutely amazing to look up in the sky and see that thing.

I remember that well to, but those pictures will give the wrong impression they are long exposure shots (look at the number of stars) it didn't look quite as bright as that, most members here that are city dwellers would not have seen that comet anywhere near as bright as that.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

To address NASA and the United States question... if you are in the USA.

Our current commander in chief cut NASA funding in 2011. We no longer have a space shuttle program and the only way to and from the International Space Station is dependent on Russia right now.

You kiddo's like your internet and wiki... do some research.

I can't believe you don't already know this! You seem to take so much pride on your ability to seek out alternate sources for your news....

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Phage I request a response here please

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join