It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel like you don't fit in your body?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Yeah I don't get into it much with people around me... I've noticed they just think I'm weird which I guess is true lol.

I've always felt out of place. When I look at myself in the mirror it's like I feel no connection with the person I'm staring at. This is hard to put into words. I get lost in "la la land" quite often and sometimes feel more "at home" when I'm asleep/dreaming.

Doctors have had fun with trying to diagnose, I've been called a lot from bipolar to ADD to borderline... None of them really fit. I just feel that I don't belong in this version of reality. I do feel like I ended up here for a reason, but my body is simply the vessel necessary to fulfill my purpose... Which I still don't even know what that is?

I also tend to either connect with people completely (like I already knew them) or I simply cannot connect with them at all. I can "dial in" for work (quite the conundrum I work in hospitality) but otherwise I'm pretty awkward and have very few that are close to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm about to head into a meeting but I love all the experiences you all are bringing to me. I am finding it very soothing, please continue to do so!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anonyjai

Ok, I just saw this but YES. I find sleeping and dreaming is when I feel most comfortable. I stopped seeing therapists because I don't want to be labeled and that is all they want. I agree completely, most of my relationships are so shallow because I just can't connect, except with a select few. Are you sure we aren't lost sisters?lol

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Hmmm..nope,dont have you on facebook.
Do want me to talk about my past life?
(Cough)few hundred milion year old life(cough).

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

You have a conscious spirit. I believe this is your dilemma.

Spellcheck

edit on 27-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Yes,I learned from childhood,you just have "hack it" John Coffey fron The Green Mile bu Stephen King?
Like that-but my adoptive mother told me at an early age to "hide my madness at all costs"- and I did.In that place+time you could be detained or locked up ib a mental hospital for not toeing the "party line".
South Africa in the late 60's+early 70"s-one word-Grim.On a personal level even more than a socio-polital level.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Damm,you two are experiencing almost identicall things as me...I would really want to meet you in Real life.

edit on 27-9-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

cappy85
I have probably lost you by now

I have always been very serious and much more mature for my age.

I have always felt like there was something different about myself.

I find myself being more receptive and wise beyond my years.

When I talk with and look at others, it all seems so superficial to me.

It is just a feeling of detachment from those around me as well as myself (physical being).

I have had a medium tell me I am a very old soul and that always intrigued me though I'm not sure what that means, but maybe it is pertinent.

I'm just a separate entity.

I find these quotes most pertinent to your 'dilema'.

Take no offense, because I mean none..
Simply put, it seems to me that you feel you are more special than everyone else.

Besides being a bit more narcassistic than most, I'd say you are quite normal and belong in your physical casing...

You see, there is nothing wrong with having a healthy sense of individuality. To you, it is important for others to know that you are 'different' from them.

Enjoy your ride. Many people will identify with you because in reality, we all are truly unique (Even those that conform to trends)....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

I think most of us do, not sexual amorphism or dystropy but more like our body's are alien to us, on one occasion I experienced an unusual sensation (I was very frightened of something I can only call paranormal) when I felt some other part of me awake and almost take form, it was a very large head and my human form was about middle of the sensation, the most strong feeling was of two row's of teeth with nerve's but they were in relation to my AWAKE human form about two feet long each and tapered like daggers in a jaw about six feet wide and 4 or 5 feen deep, so yeah strange experience but very real and strong, nothing visible but I was hunting the hunter(Demon I sensed) or warning it off like a defence reaction, now if that was just my other form head, how big am I, even as a child I used to be strong and was afraid at an ingrained level of harming others so used to let my friend's and even the school bullies beat me - because I was afraid of hurting them.

However I believe we have a energy form so relative size is irrelevent as we do not understand the true nature of our soul now do we.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

--i don't believe you understand what she is getting at.the people that NEED to feel special,is like a very "insecure" person.or some-females want to think of themselves as the center of the universe-which describes an "egotistical","vain" person...i think i totally understand what she feels like-& it is neither the both of the above...i also feel "detached" from my physical body.like at the same time "in a bubble"-not part of everything.sometimes it feels like i am wearing a "mask".you know-it literally feels like i have a mask on,but i don't..,& sometimes i feel like my eyes are shut-when they're really open.strange sensation..i guess what sums it up best is-like-my physical vehicle,(my body),is not in "sync" with my soul,(which i believe is our brain)...does that make sense?..i had a dream once-i had died,& was laying on a table,with a sheet over my head.i could see through the sheet-& there were dr.s at the front of this table,saying-"we did all we could".next thing i knew-i was "floating" out of the door.,i had no body-it was just my brain.i was still able to see,hear,all the things you do when you're alive.that dream has stuck every since.that is why i believe-the "soul",is actually,your brain.the brain controls EVERYTHING.you can't kill electricity-it just transforms.,& it is proven,the body loses weight-when it dies..so-our brain is full of it-(electricity)..which might explain "orbs"?....sorry,i guess i wrote a book...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Oh, I see, so how does that work? If our spirit reincarnates how does that effect appearance?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What exactly does that mean, I'm sorry, this is all so new to me?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

It is how you survive. You have to do what you have to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm so happy to know that I am not alone! Which I feel often, despite being surrounded by so many other people....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Well at least I'm not alone. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

No, I don't think I am any better. I am much harder on myself than I am towards anyone else. I feel detached, that is my own issue. I'm no better, I just feel more lonely because I feel so separated and it isn't because I am superior.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Absolutely, and there are so many levels. Life here and now is a difficult thing to understand anything past.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aries58

About the mask, yes yes yes! That is it! This isn't real. I'm just here and just kinda dealing with it. At least, that is how it feels. That is what I mean, I am not special, I just feel out of place. As I mentioned before, it could all be in my head. This issue isn't to lower anyone else.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Not at all

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

cappy85
reply to post by defuntion

No, I don't think I am any better. I am much harder on myself than I am towards anyone else. I feel detached, that is my own issue. I'm no better, I just feel more lonely because I feel so separated and it isn't because I am superior.

It's because you want to engage in what you feel is worthwile, like understanding why things are the way they are instead of what proof that liquor bottle is. Why do I feel this or think about that as opposed to who scored the last run. I don't consider it superiority either although I am sure many my take it as such. No, for me it is trying to find the right connection with those who get it and sadly those around me don't.

I don't know how many times I starred at myself and thought to myself, why can't i got back to being the ignorant, fun loving socialite everyone liked? I just can't bringmyself to do it, I have to believe that all this wasn't for not and sooner or later the end will justify the means.

I don't neccesarily feel I don't fit my body I genuinely feel I don't fit this world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join