It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel like you don't fit in your body?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Ever since I as younger, I always felt like I was separate from my body, that I didn't fit in my body.

This state you're describing is called dissociation.

If that is indeed a photo of yourself, you do seem a bit glassy eyed - removed from the bodily experience, from the sense of being in contact with another person.

I don't belong in this physical state so to speak, or maybe even so that I'm not comfortable in a physical body. I have probably lost you by now

How does this affect your ability to connect with other people?

What you're describing - dissociation - is in effect not being "in" your physical body. For you to feel this way, that implies a lack of emotion, feeling, and aliveness. Someone who experiences consistent high level of emotion and feeling VERY MUCH feels at home in their body.

Many of our modern mental disorders, from generalized anxiety, OCD, depression, gender dysphoria, anorexia, phobias, etc, are the consequence of developmental trauma early on in life. Everyone develops their own coping mechanism for how they're feeling; these are called survival styles.

In any case, it isn't exactly healthy to feel removed from your body. Some studies have shown that dissociation (low levels of emotion) negatively affects the transcription and copying of DNA.

I have always been very serious and much more mature for my age.

You and I are alike. Dissociation enables a very elevated perception of ordinary reality. Some psychologists would call this "energy"; to me, it's just being highly attuned to the dynamics of ordinary existence. Paying attention to this, and being able to perceive subtleties that most people haven't got the "lightness" to notice, makes such people socially awkward.

But again, things aren't black and white. A normally balanced person can disembody whenever they want (say, to analyze something) but reembody when they want to connect, joke, play, engage in some artistic activity,all of which requires connecting with your emotional self (i.e. your body).

'm just a separate entity. Perhaps, I'm just a weirdo ( I will admit that is possible LOL) but I would love if I could get some insight from others.

You just have to reconnect. Barring serious brain damage (a very rare exception) you are just normalized to being disembodied. You don't always feel this way, I'm guessing? You have to experienced intense emotion, and at such times, you no doubt experience your self in a embodied way.

It can be done. You just need to apply yourself. Yoga is extremely helpful as it helps bring mindfulness to bodily experience. Once your "resonating" with your body, emotions and feelings will more easily become a part of your daily experience.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Personally, I've found that it's been better for me to go with the detachedness instead of trying to be so called 'normal'.
Detachment has become my best friend! Helps me not care about anything that happens good or bad... which means nothing can hurt me. I kind of just stay in a neutral zone inside... Although I've mastered the art of acting when I'm around others who aren't like me (which is pretty much everybody). I give the correct emotion to fit the person or situation, and I can seem sincere, but inside I'm not connected at all.
I'm a perfect chameleon.
Whatever, lol, guess we all find our ways to cope here.
I don't want to feel attached. It's too restricting and painful.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsyHeart

I doubt you're being honest about your ability to connect with other people.

Although it's common to feel insecurity about your ability to connect, in fact, you have to try, you have to effectively engage emotion, feel aliveness, and thus, connect.

But if you claim to lack and sense of connection, to feel "neutral" who exactly are you connecting with? Neutral people don't have many friends. They tend to be dull, uninteresting and awkward.

I'm not saying that YOU are indeed, in your core, dull, uninteresting or awkward. I'm merely pointing out that you are choosing to to protect yourself from your fears by disengaging from people. Read the post above.

Trust me, life is far better when you understand people with a sense of safety and mutual benefit, instead of fear and worry. What you don't realize, what many people who choose this path don't realize, is how your effort to avoid people involves you avoiding your self - your own emotions, feelings, and experiencing a sense of aliveness.

Of course, everyone has their own comfort level. I like socializing up to a point. I like alone time too; I love reading, writing, practicing yoga, or playing basketball by myself. But none of this is done in response to my fear to be around other people. It is just a necessary get away.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Lol... Nice response.

Feel free to doubt me, but I could care less.
Reality is a game. No one is ever going to be able to fully put themselves in another's shoes... we all have filters that we perceive reality with that prevents us from fully connecting. We are all led by selfish desires. We all have our shadow selves which we try to hide... I've fully embraced mine. Which is why I can honestly say I love humans and I hate humans at the same time, and each is true!
I'm an angel and a devil all at once.
I'm an observer of others. On the outside of the world looking down upon humans as they go about their business... always studying, always collecting data, not making judgements because once I judge someone or label them, I stop learning...
Some may think me dull... Reality is perception. Inside me, is a world which no human could possibly comprehend... And I'm perfectly fine with that, lol. ^_^
I'm amazing.
You're amazing!
Each individual is amazing.
Just an intricate game with infinite possibilities.
Fascinating for sure.
I never claim to know anything for sure, btw, because change is a constant.

Oh... and just because having friends is considered to be a positive thing, it doesn't mean I care about that. I understand myself better than anyone ever could, so if people want to be my friend then cool, if not, then cool. As long as I have myself... I'm perfectly content.
See, I don't have to worry about offending myself...
But it's way too easy to offend others lol.
Others... too much drama.
Me... chill and drama-free.
Yup, I don't need friends, lol.
edit on 28-9-2013 by GypsyHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Astrocyte, without being too invasive, it sounds like you have been diagnosed with a disassociative disorder. If this is true, then perhaps you are able to shed some light on your experience and how you came to the conclusion it was disassociation and not something else. Also was this conclusion from you, a psychologist/psychiatrist or a combination?

I'm all for it being explained psychologically, but in saying that, I do believe that this 'feeling' or 'way of being' can relate to a much broader spectrum of interpretation. I think our Western clinical view on the human psyche impoverishes our ability to see other explanations. For example Western society barely understands schizophrenia, and yet we categorize them and force excessive amounts of mind numbing drugs on them, which has the potential to really ruin their lives. Now take what happens in non-Western society, they have a completely different means for explaining what we call a 'mental disorder'. And have effective ways of treating them and integrating them into society. Both treatments have the potential to work, and yet both can have different medical narratives to explain it and treat it. I know which one I would choose.

And this can be the case for a lot of 'feelings' or mental symptoms - they can have multiple ways of explaining them.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I don't think astrocyte sounds to have been diagnosed with dissociative mental illness, and to view their input as strictly westernised seems somewhat lopsided. What makes you say this, I wonder?

Psychological dissociation is as viable an explanation for our experience as any. Given the emotional turmoil within the world today it would make sense that many people would resort to disconnecting the mind as a means to protect the self, or at least the perceived self.

A rose by any other name springs to mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I was going to write a few things but anything I would have to say has already been said in the poem Desiderata

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by melancholiflower

I don't know if astrocyte has been diagnosed either, that is why I asked them. If you read what I wrote I never came to a conclusion, nor did I mean any offence by it.

I don't see it as lopsided? The explanation that astocyte gave was very psychological, and I'll state again that I have no quarrel with this explanation other than its limitations. Astrocyte's interpretation of this 'dissasociatve feeling' was guided by psychological theory/frameworks. Psychology being the product of Western scientific thinkers and a component of biopsychosocial model that is currently used by the West. As appose to shamanic healing or group ritual healing.

I agree with you that the world can do this to a person; their is too much information and everything is happening at an unsustainable pace. It's enough to do your head in! But in my opinion, with my experience with disassociation, I feel it has more to do with the spirit than the mind. A feeling in your core essence which is indescribable, on the outside and yet inside, licking like flames at the boundaries of your awareness.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We seem to be getting off topic though. Have you felt, what we are discussing here, melancholiflower?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Good morning,good to see the conversation continuing! Yes,this is a picture of me but I'm not sure what the glassy eyed comment meant,do you mind clarifying? As far as psychological, I'm saying that's a possibility, my degree is in psychology so I believe heavily in the theories but I also don't think everything is well understood. I also think for many of us,these feelings reach even past our minds but to our hearts. It isn't easily understood, that's why talking about all possibilities is a great idea. I do experience emotion, I just hide it, but that emotion isn't from another person, others don't illicit responses in me. I close off from others. The only people I've ever truly had an emotional relationship is my daughters and my deceased father. There are just so many layers and that's what makes it so frustrating!!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

I do experience emotions,but I manage to often block them.Same for pain,I can block my nerve system by blocking the "message" from the brain from coming to the nerve system for pain.

Im a very sad person because I miss my past life,and the people that were dear to me in that past life.(cough-girlfriend-cough)
Humans are not the only races that are devided by "negative and pozitive"-femals and males.But in case my race does not reproduce by female and male sexual contact.We are devided by male and female simply because We are "higher consciousness that have created the fizical form that We use today simply because we have choosen to do soo.Humans are not the only one that experience emotions but They experience it more stronger than other beings in the universe.

Sorry for your father.My condolances.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

I am walled up,meaning towards my family.I do not experience any connection with them.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Conserning about you looks,you do look "alien".You eyes tell everything.
Im not being dispolite ,im just mentoning that you look Like a other worldy entity.

Someone said your eyes are glassy,well They look soo.Ever watched the movie Host?

Well you look Like the beings in that movie.

en.m.wikipedia.org/Wiki/The_Host_(2013_film)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about the constant sadness
I have attributed most of my emotionall issues to the fact that I think more like a man.lol Thank you for your condolences, it always seems we lose the ones we are closest to first. Ill have to look into the glossy eyes. I've never noticed anything anout my eyes. Do any of you who experience this,experience a lot of snychroncities or maybe even the ability to jude what will happen next or who is calling on the telephone....etc?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Yes.I do see the future and I can find out everything about a sertant person if I wanted.How he feels,...etc..But it takes alot of energy out of me.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Mine isn't anything all that major, its just little things. And that's why I said I suppose all it could be coincidences, but I have to think that at some point it no longer becomes coincidence. That's very cool, that you're in tune with your body so much.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Tell me more about your life.Maybe ill notice something interesting.If you have any questions regarding my life,then your free to ask.
By the way,my name is Phillip.Feel free to call me that way.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Haha oh man.. I have been like this my entire life! I can generate a lot of energy in this little body.. When I look out my windows (eyes) and look at my torso, arms, hands, legs.. It seems so artifical to me! So PUNY! My internal energy is much larger and grander then this small microscopic animal suit we call 'homeo-sapien-sapien'.

My whole life I feel like; "why cant I fly?!" I feel internally I can jump right up into space and go wherever! Im a very energetic individual, the energy circulating within my body is a equivilent to a billion energizer bunnies!

Ignore what people say about psychology, and psychics. Its true a lot of psychics have trouble grounding on Earth, but have open third eyes, and that is how they want to make a living. They are like us, not really understanding this reality. But everyone needs to make money and feed themselves/ their families.

Those naysayers are spiritually numb, though they will be the last to admit it. The lack of spiritual experience and nature, is the disconnection from being internally natural and in tune. So much can be experienced inside the mind and self, but only when you 'train' and connect with it. Otherwise its dormant energy.

Anyways; I found out where the flying and feeling like a giant cased inside a small box came from.. When I have my first out of body experience and astral travels. I was like.. "No Sh*t!?" lol. If you can consciously (being aware) fly to anywhere you can think of, and REMEMBER doing it, with sights, sounds, smells, tastes and feeling - then how do you determine what is real, and what is not?

Surely in this physical reality we experience with 5 senses of the human body - when we sense something via eyes, nose, ears, tongue, nerves, we believe it to be a confirmation it is "real", it exists. For those like myself, who have astral travelled, and have experienced with such senses in that conscious awareness, it would be the same confirmation of 'reality', I am experiencing this, therefore it exists!

But one who lives like a mammal with a brain their entire-short life span, is one who will never experience the realities that are paralell to this one. And its a damn shame, because it really gives you reason to give up craving for material things and take care of your mind, body, soul. The first experience is always the best, because its the biggest confirmation that WE ARE SMETHING MORE GRAND then a mammal.

I have come along way since those initial experiences; in my currently-younfg life I have awakened my kundalini, travelled beyond the boundaries and limits of a mammal suit, remote viewed from space, encountered non-human consciousness, experienced energy flow through my body, experienced my heart center activate, and came to the experience of 'all is connected'.

The reason I experience such things, is because I WANTED TO. It was my main intention and 'mission' to find out the truth of my self. And I am no where near understanding the much more grander picture, like why does the universe exist in the first place. But I still have a life time to fulfill

Great thread, dont be discouraged by the non-experiencers, they are jelous and dont want you to believe what you are experiencing is real, but you and I both know, its very real

Star + flag
edit on 28-9-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

I feel the same.But what I ment with:It takes alot of energy out of me is that this body I use and this brain I use has limited possibilitys.The human brain can store limited information and it can't do such advanced tasks as my old alien body.

Because I have the whole "universe" in my brain is making it overheat constantly .Soo I often Stick my head in a freezer lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Also concerning the "you are an old soul" thing..

A lot of peopel who seek out psychics, are people who are internally aware that this reality (that is experienced with 5 senses) is a fractal of a much grander aspect. I call this reality (the one experienced with 5 senses..) the "INside-OUT-Reality"!

If you take a spiral in 3rd dimensional format; you go from the outer-ring and follow all the way until you reach the "center", what we would think is a center, is acutally a zero-point that spirals WITHIN itself. This is how I percieve creation, something like the fibinacci spiral-sequence.

If you go within the zero-point center, it will continue to spiral inverted, and expand "on the other side". This other side is what we would call the "spirit realm". We are all very aware by now, this is an "Atomical" creation. Everything we experience with our 5 senses, is made up from tiny atoms and molecules formed from LIGHT.

To further wrap your mind around this micro/macro relation of creation, I made a thread HERE regarding the universal experience from; cells and bacteria, to humans, to planets and galaxies.

Anyways; we are aware that atoms are not solid mass, but at the center are made of photons, which we understand as light and 'empty space'. An atom is a fractal of a solar system, a soalr system is a fractal of a galactic system, a galactic system is a fractal of a universal system.

FRACTALS. The signature of the creators!

To get back to the 'old souls' thing.. The universe is as old as its creators. Those who created it, did so to experience it.
I myself and millions of others, are aware of higher levels of consciousness - which is to experience things way beyond the form of mammal bodies. It would only makes sense after understanding the spiral, light particles creating a "solid" universe - that on the other side of that spiral, is the creators of this universe, and those creators are the souls who participate in what they created.

It all comes down to; WE ARE THE GODS. A fractal of our highest form, stuck here in our own game of creation! We fell asleep in these puny bodies. Those our ancestors call "gods", are only the humans who have reached the higher states of consciousness and expanded beyond it. They took control over the lost souls in the "game".

But I think that is enough of my philosophy, maybe I took it too far lol. But basically most people who visit psychics will hear "you are an old soul" because souls are as old as creation! We have spent life times and life times over and over, experiencing these diffferent realities we created, but we cant figure out how to get back to our highes form.

That is where the elite bloodlines and churches come into play - those who have all this knowledge, but dumb down everyone else, to prevent a mass awakening in any point in the future. If people mass awake, the game is over, the power (for them) is lost.

"Many gods have become men, but few men have returned to being gods"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join